LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Info: What do pull ups use for their cool alert/feel and learn

MegaChar

Hello again, after doing the "Turn your diapers into Pampers diapers"(

. I'm in the mood for another diaper mod.

This time, I want to implement my own version of the Huggies Pull Ups feel and learn/cool alert specifically the part of it that gets cool when you use it.

I read somewhere that it was a type of sweener that became cold when exposed to urine. The question is more or less: What can I use as a substitute for the ingredient used of the cool alert/feel and learn?

Thank you very much if you can help folks!

• Like 3

I'd think the easiest way to go about this would be to take the padding from several cool alert diapers and add it to your modified diaper.  Baking soda/vinegar also become cold when mixed and produce a harmless gas, put this in a sealed bag or balloon and it'll make the diaper inflate. 

Now what I think would be really cool (no pun intended) is a diaper that lights up.  Only problem is chemical glow sticks are thermally sensitive and don't last as long when warm.  (This is also why putting them in the freezer makes them last longer.)  An LED light up thing of some sort might be more feasable if it were waterproofed but you'd need some way to activate it (or activate it first and then insert it) whereas glow sticks could simply be inserted in the diaper and then "magically" activate upon wearing the diaper. 

Sorry about all the rambling, this is something I've been interested in as well.

• Like 2

You could get yourself a pack of the real deal, then cut a few open and see if you can figure out what the secret is.

If that fails, you could try a stuffing swap:

I’m assuming whatever it is that makes it go cool is somewhere inside the Pull Up amongst all the stuffing, so you could surgically remove the stuffing from the front of an adult diaper and shove in all the stuffing from the pull up.

Or you could try ripping the sides off the pull up, cut the pull up in half, throw the back part out, then after cutting a bit in the front of an adult diaper and removing some stuffing, shove in the front of the pull up with the inner part facing inwards.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

I'd think the easiest way to go about this would be to take the padding from several cool alert diapers and add it to your modified diaper.  Baking soda/vinegar also become cold when mixed and produce a harmless gas, put this in a sealed bag or balloon and it'll make the diaper inflate. 

Now what I think would be really cool (no pun intended) is a diaper that lights up.  Only problem is chemical glow sticks are thermally sensitive and don't last as long when warm.  (This is also why putting them in the freezer makes them last longer.)  An LED light up thing of some sort might be more feasable if it were waterproofed but you'd need some way to activate it (or activate it first and then insert it) whereas glow sticks could simply be inserted in the diaper and then "magically" activate upon wearing the diaper. 

Sorry about all the rambling, this is something I've been interested in as well.

No no! These are great ideas, after i try to implement the cool alert thing. Ill probly move on to do that.

Just wondering if there is a substitute for the ingredients that makes the pullup cold after use.

30 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

You could get yourself a pack of the real deal, then cut a few open and see if you can figure out what the secret is.

If that fails, you could try a stuffing swap:

I’m assuming whatever it is that makes it go cool is somewhere inside the Pull Up amongst all the stuffing, so you could surgically remove the stuffing from the front of an adult diaper and shove in all the stuffing from the pull up.

Or you could try ripping the sides off the pull up, cut the pull up in half, throw the back part out, then after cutting a bit in the front of an adult diaper and removing some stuffing, shove in the front of the pull up with the inner part facing inwards.

Not available anywhere and not in the price range im willing to spend right now

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

An LED light up thing of some sort might be more feasable if it were waterproofed but you'd need some way to activate it (or activate it first and then insert it) whereas glow sticks could simply be inserted in the diaper and then "magically" activate upon wearing the diaper.

I think the LED portion would be easy. As for the "magical" activation would there not be several battery technologies that the urine itself could act as an activator between the cathode and anode? At that point the real secret might be figuring out how to not shock the wearer

• Like 1

LED thing would be easy to do actualy, get yourself one of thoes bedwetting alarms thats saposed to go into underwear, there are several that are self contained, rather than have to be pluged into the wall.  Carefully take it apart, and swap out the noisemaker for an apropriate light, should not be too difacult.

As for the cool feel, I would sudjest doing some research and finding out what method they use to make it feel cool. There are a couple things that are exo, or endo thermic, so is a couple posabilitys.  Heck, chould just be how they make the topsheet, some materials feel cool or even cold when wet, so it might be quite simple, but again something that would take a little experamentation to figure out.

• Like 1

I once worked at a chemistry lab where there was a lot of urea on hand, and I discovered that dissolving that in water is quite endothermic; also that it is possible to dissolve 100 grams of urea in 100 milliliters of water. Doing that concentrated a solution would take the temperature below 0 degrees C.

Urea's pretty inoffensive to play around with; odorless white crystals; dissolves easily and isn't corrosive. I don't remember if it changes the pH much but I don't remember that it does.

• Like 1

I looked it up, its 2 diferent sugars,  one does a quick cool, the other does a much stronger cooling but gets too cold, if I remember the quara post on it.  ALso I think its basicly been recalled as some kids have had some issues with rashes and alergic reactions and stuff.

10 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

I looked it up, its 2 diferent sugars,  one does a quick cool, the other does a much stronger cooling but gets too cold, if I remember the quara post on it.  ALso I think its basicly been recalled as some kids have had some issues with rashes and alergic reactions and stuff.

Do you know which sugars they are?

There is a cream good for general diaper area stuff called calmoseptine it’s available on the shelf at most Walgreens Walmart sometimes has it but it’s behind the counter you have to ask for it , anyway it contains menthol , so apply let dry diaper up and each time the cream gets rewet it will feel cool due to reactivation of menthol . That’s the easiest adult answer for any diaper type . 

@Firefly 35  Yah I forget that not everyone is as much of a jack of all trades as I am. For me its not such a big deal to add a light to one of thoes bedwetting alarms. Take a micro pcb board, add a transister, run a line from and to the power supply for the main unit, and add your light. WHen the alarm would sound, it triggers the transister, wich then sends power to the light, and boom, you have a light.

Heck, get the right LED you might be able to just do a direct replacement of the speaker with the light.

Its not something I have actualy done myself, but the basic componants is easy enough, even if theres no a radioshack around every street anymore. Hard part might be if you use a HID you might need to worry about cooling, as thoes things can get pretty hot. Waterproofing everything might also be an issue after you open it up, but, I expect most just have a sensor that goes in your diaps, not the whole thing.

I was thinking more of something like:

- side of battery --> resistor --> urine detector --> LEDs --> + side of battery

PCBs have a habit of crapping out unexpectedly and aren't very good for the environment but if you already have a bedwetting alarm that contains one your idea might work.

I wonder if @Ferixwould be able to make something like that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 1:30 AM, Cruiser 03 said:

There is a cream good for general diaper area stuff called calmoseptine it’s available on the shelf at most Walgreens Walmart sometimes has it but it’s behind the counter you have to ask for it , anyway it contains menthol , so apply let dry diaper up and each time the cream gets rewet it will feel cool due to reactivation of menthol . That’s the easiest adult answer for any diaper type . 

A similar, if not identical effect can be had when using Gold Bond medicated powder.  Green Bottle.  Found this out by accident.  Powdered, diapered up, and had a cool surprise when I wet.