LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Christmas cookies!

Ya know, around the holiday season one of my FAVORITE things is the Christmas cookies! They're so delicious with a warm glass of milk, and they come in various different flavors. Like chocolate, cinnamon, and gingerbread.. what are some of your FAVORITE Christmas cookies?! My favorite is Christmas sugar cookies, with or without icing!??♥️???????♥️?♥️??????

decorated-christmas-sugar-cookies-850x1276.jpg

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I miss my Grandmother's Christmas cookies. Little powdered sugar balls she called Reindeer Turds.

Eww, that sounds gross!? But I'll BET they were delicious!??♥️???????♥️?? LOL!???

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Babygeebee said:

My favourite by far are Scottish style shortbread cookies. We also make Dutch speculaas, sausage rolls, nuts and bolts, and mince tarts. ?

I love a good buttery shortbread

• Like 4
2 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Simple butter cookies.

image.jpeg

Chocolate icing is a nice plus!

image.jpeg

Those cookies look ABSOLUTELY delicious!??????♥️??? I could probably eat about a dozen of those butter cookies! They look SO GOOD!??♥️?????????? Daddy would probably have to cut me off, and say "That's enough little buddy, I think it's time for bed!" "But since you've been a GOOD boy you get to sleep with Daddy tonight!"???♥️?????♥️?

• Like 2

when I was reading this thread  yesterday, I was commenting in other threads about Christmases Past period for many years when I was younger, I Went with my dad to my grandma's house in St johnsbury Center vermont. this was like the main gathering place for the entire family, and we would have awesome food awesome conversation, awesome time together and we were able to enjoy the Magic of the holidays, And we were all in spirit and all excited about what Santa would bring us or what would get from our parents or our relatives. I remember several times when you were just sitting in the living room when we were enjoying a nice warm fire or just talking to our aunts or uncles or something like that, one of us would want to be hugged or held or something like that, it was pretty cool.

Hours later, I went to Facebook, and then I saw a picture of my late aunt Julie. I told you that Julie had Down syndrome, and she died when she was 53 because of A myriad of medical problems. She was the one that always wanted to do all the cookies, and do all the decorating and always believed in Santa Claus the time she was born until the time she died. she would always make time to help with things like that, and she was kind of like the life of the party. when it was time for Christmas to come, she'd always ask her mommy or her daddy, my grandparents of course, to make sure that there are plenty of cookies so that Santa would have a snack while it was doing his work.

My Aunt Julie and my cousins always made Christmas merry And enjoyable. along with my other family members it made it like a complete circle. My uncle Jack posted a picture of her, and and said that listening to Christmas music was strange and weird and different, because it always reminded him of my aunt Julie, and how hard it would be to listen sometimes. When you have a spirit so strong and you are a kid at heart, it doesn't matter whether you're 60 Or you're six. if you believe in Santa Claus and you believe in the Magic of Christmas or the Magic of the holiday season, it makes it feel so awesome. it's almost like getting a big hug from your grandmother or your grandfather or one of your aunts and uncles or cousins. nobody can hug like that, nobody can give you encouragement like that, nobody is better medicine than your family. Some of us don't have our family around anymore, or they are Slowly passing on, but the Magic will always be with me every year. I miss my aunt julie, and she would always always always make sure that Santa was fed!

I have several uncles that I am very close to: my uncle Jack is one of the ones that I am closest to, because he was like the sense of right or wrong meter, Because if you stepped out of line, he would let you know it, and if you disrespected Grammy or grandpa or one of your other uncles or cousins, and he caught you, he would let you know it. jack was always a good guy he was always sensitive he was always responsible responsive And he is so good father. we raised cain many times myself, and Jack let me get away with a lot of things, but he always There for me and kept me on the straight in narrow road.

When I was there with my family, it was like a light switch turned on and all your broken links locked together to make a strong chain that would not break: family meant so much to us and it still does. our family may be in different parts of the city or in parts of different states, but we still love each other and we still care For each other, and that's always the best thing.

Seeing these cookies in these examples with M&M's and different chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, and anything else like Mikey was talking about reindeer turds his grandmother used to call what she makes Me homesick for St Johnsbury or Williston. These are the two locations where my grandmother and my grandfather on both sides would end up getting everyone together for a family Get together, or or we'd have Christmas or birthdays or whatever. Christmas is magical because of the things we do, or because of the Additions we make, or the people we hang around. as times change we may have to make new traditions or retire old ones, but they always will come back to you. I don't care if you're 6 or if you're 56, you will always have the Magic of Christmas in your heart if you believe in Christmas if you believe in Santa Claus if you believe in the tooth fairy and all of these other things that our parents told us about, you still haven't forgotten what being a kid is like.

Now we're all adult kids adult babies diaper lovers and whole bunch other things we identify as.  I don't know how many adults still believe in the Magic of Santa Claus his reindeer any of that, but I still do! even though I know that Santa is just hollered a tradition that something we're celebrated around, which is the birth of Jesus Christ, having something to believe in and having something to look forward to was incredible. I always wondered how Santa would figure out whether I was good or bad, and my parents used to tell me that if I wasn't good santa won't bring me X or Y sometime in December, but I always remembered that the traditions are there the feelings are there, and they always will be there.

I probably won't leave any cookies for Santa, but I'll always remember all of the good things.  I miss The family that is no longer here, but their spirit and their Help and support are always there. they might not be physically here with me but they are around me in any way she performed. they might be part of the rain or the snow or the wind or a flower or smell you feel or a bird you hear singing, but they're always here.

They say Christmas snow is magical, I think it is:  I wonder if there is a magic cookie that brings back memories for all of us that we eat and we always remember those kind of times. I can't imagine Not being able to talk to some of my favorite aunts and uncles, because it was always fun because it asked me questions and they'd always care about me and they'd wonder how I've doing this how I'm doing that, or they'll ask me about other family members. it's always fun.

Brian

• Like 2
19 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I miss my Grandmother's Christmas cookies. Little powdered sugar balls she called Reindeer Turds.

You don't have any of her recipes?  I know lots of old people knew from memory how to make their recipes with a pinch of this and a dash of that.  I have most of my mom's recipes that were made year after year since I was a baby.  Maybe you can look for it or find it on the internet.  If not, I'm sure lots of people here will be glad to help supply you their turds.  Not sure I would want to eat them though!  :lol:

• Haha 3

A few years ago I typed up my mom's most used recipes. She had them in 3 by 5 index cards, written in pencil, with 40-50 years of food stains on them. They are all now included in a nice binder she uses with paper protectors over them. I did keep the files on my Google drive account.☺️

• Like 2
On 12/15/2022 at 5:29 PM, Little Spider said:

Ya know, around the holiday season one of my FAVORITE things is the Christmas cookies! They're so delicious with a warm glass of milk, and they come in various different flavors. Like chocolate, cinnamon, and gingerbread.. what are some of your FAVORITE Christmas cookies?! My favorite is Christmas sugar cookies, with or without icing!??♥️???????♥️?♥️??????

decorated-christmas-sugar-cookies-850x1276.jpg

Hii!

Ooooh you're so right! Sugar cookies are my favorite ?! My recipe has fine shaved lemon and orange ? skin in them, gives them a hint of citrus flavor. ❤??  I prefer no frosting and sippy of moo juice. 

?‍♂️

• Like 2