LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Site is getting a 520 error

Alot of us are experiencing having issues with chat and posting and alot are getting the same 520 error code that shows up. Just wanted to get this out for attention. 

Abi said it had something to do with the host server or something..... 

• Like 1

Here's the error message. 

Web server is returning an unknown error Error code 520

Visit cloudflare.com for more information.
2022-12-12 00:13:08 UTC

You

Browser

Working

Seattle

Cloudflare

Working

www.dailydiapers.com

Host

Error

What happened?

There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

What can I do?

If you are a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you are the owner of this website:

There is an issue between Cloudflare's cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page).

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Young1 said:

Alot of us are experiencing having issues with chat and posting and alot are getting the same 520 error code that shows up. Just wanted to get this out for attention. 

Abi said it had something to do with the host server or something..... 

Yeah, I had been getting this error too. But NOT on the chat, on the main forums and website. I don't know what's going on. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!?♥️???

• Like 1

From a little research, (yes, I'm getting that error also), the issue is with the site server virtual machine, and not the website www.dailydiapers.... @DailyDi, if possible, can you check with your hosting company as that seems to be the source of the issue - the error is, according to Cloudflare:-

Resolution

Contact your hosting provider to troubleshoot these common causes at your origin web server:

• Ensure the origin server responds to requests for the hostname and domain within the visitor’s URL that generated the 502 or 504 error.
  • Investigate excessive server loads, crashes, or network failures.
  • Identify applications or services that timed out or were blocked.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011431-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-5XX-errors

This means that the hosting server is returning a 502/504 error to Cloudflare US, and that is being sent to associated local servers.

The 502/504 error is:-

A 502 Bad Gateway Error is a general indicator that there's something wrong with a website's server communication. Since it's just a generic error, it doesn't actually tell you the website's exact issue. When this happens, your website will serve an error web page to your site's visitors, like the photo below.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/502-bad-gateway

Since CloudFlare is being used as the proxy (and as security), the CloudFlare error is being shown, not the original 502/504 bad gateway error.

I was getting this error a lot too. I also noticed that the posts I made during that time haven't showed up on my profile? I can go to the threads and stuff and see that I posted, but for some reason it just doesn't show on my profile. ?‍♂️

12 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

It seems to be sorted out this morning

That may be due to the lower number of users on the host now as opposed to 7- 12 hours. Sorry to dig in, but did you get that response from your hosting company?

• 2 weeks later...

@DailyDi, that same error is repeating now! Is your host allocating enough in simple terms, 'processing power etc', for this site?

From my view, there are 41 Members, 1 Anonymous, 294 Guests (See full list) online now. That should not be enough to create thread / host server issues unless the host server is doing something else also?

Just now, DailyDi said:

We were attempting another server update, but it failed.

Understandable. Thank you.

If possible, rather than have users pester you / admins during/after issues, can you inform us beforehand so we know to allow you the time to do updates etc?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

Understandable. Thank you.

If possible, rather than have users pester you / admins during/after issues, can you inform us beforehand so we know to allow you the time to do updates etc?

I try to usually, but this was meant to be a 2 minute in and out fix when server guy and I were both at our desks.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I try to usually, but this was meant to be a 2 minute in and out fix when server guy and I were both at our desks.

Thank you.

Something that your server guy is doing, it seems to me, is attempting an update with users logged in. That, due to the way *threading works, will always create errors.

Threads are created (per user) to create a link so that CRUD (create, read, update, delete) of items can have logging etc. Since this is a web application, the link is what is know as dynamic and transient and has to be allowed to either be deleted or expire without data corruption. Any user change refreshes that link object. Since this link identifier is normally stored in a physical memory address dynamically, it is only the object that created that link has any idea of where the link is, and is usually refered to by dereferencing a pointer. As a result, an update - where data is physically changed - means that the address of that dynamic memory has changed, and the dereferencing will also fail. If this is a protected area of memory, the dereferencing will suceed, but the value dereferenced will be in error. If it is not locked, the memory will be overwritten. As a result, updates, normally with a multi-threaded application occur without the application running. If this is, as with most web based applications, a pseudo client server application where the client is the user view and the server is the core application, the client can easily loose valid connection to the server during data change. This, in some designs, trigger what is called 'rollback' where the data server attempts to undo the last changes as part of its integrity routines. This will create a database that does not match the new update software.

Yes, there are ways to develop web applications to allow for live update, mainly using MVC and Entity Framework by dynamically creating web views, but one will always find that there will be one or two low level functions that cause issue. This is usually caused by presumed functionality using dependency injection. Static functionality has know results. Dynamic functionality has dynamic, and sometimes, unpredictable results. Core issues in OO is that a computer can handle them where the developer usually doesn't understand the full implications.

Also, another issue with this is the end user refresh rate and data syncronisation.

This is not the first update you have done, nor are the list of possible errors I identified something new. You already have lost data.

There is no thing as a faulty program - only a developer who does not know what they are doing / have done. As I said before, and I will repeat it, if you need this type of expertise, all you need to do is ask.