LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Introduction to my guide on Untraining (Targeted Untraining)

Hi all this is an update to the discussion I posted earlier about the status with my guide. Special thanks to everyone who has offered to help with the guide. You all are rockstars!   As a small update I decided I need to re-write and expand  the 3rd section on applying cognitive and behavioral technique to undermine control. I may also need help expanding the second section as well. In other words there is lots to do still.  If you offered to help I plan to hit you up!  

However I finished the introduction which was a huge step. I thought it would be nice to provide a teaser and a framework for my approach.

Side note, a lot of the formatting got lost when I pasted it here. Rest assured the final version will be all pretty and nicely formatted.  

Enjoy! 

Targeted Untraining:  The Art and Science of Losing Bladder Control.  

By Enthusi

Special thanks to @Zero_Escapefor their help with editing this intro! 

INTRODUCTION:

If you're reading this, then it's because you're seriously considering untraining yourself. Let me first start by saying - you're crazy! Second, welcome! ^_^

Why you're crazy:

The consensus among us humans is that being able to control when you release your pee and poo is on the whole a desired ability. If you were to stand on the corner of Times Square and conduct a survey of 100 people if they were happy with having the ability to control their urine and feces (aka...maintain their continence); I am confident they would respond with a resounding, "yes!".

Of course this is a hypothetical example and I would personally not recommend anyone trying to conduct this experiment!

There are many advantages to being fully toilet trained. A few of them being (but not limited to):

-Not having a bad odor

-Staying warm and dry without depending on a diaper or catheter. 

-Avoiding skin breakdown from the harsh chemicals in your waste eliminations

- Wearing skimpy clothes without a diaper or catheter. 

-A higher degree of social acceptance.

- Improved ability to evade preditors who can track their prey based on the scent of urine.  Though, admittedly this is less of a concern in modern society. 

By contrast, when you are incontinent, and specifically diaper dependent,, not only do you not have the luxury of the aforementioned benefits - but have added hassles related to the cost and upkeep that goes with wearing diapers 24/7. From personal experience, I spend anywhere from $2,500 - $3,000 USD per year on diapers and supplies. Furthermore, there is the whole social stigma that goes with having to wear diapers.  And, while there are benefits that come with avoiding gross bathrooms, and not having to wake up at night to pee, they pale in comparison to the hassles of needing to wear diapers.  

There's also potential long term serious health risks associated with being incontinent.  When you're younger, healthy, and active, diaper rash is an annoying inconvenience. Barrier creams, Epsom salt baths, and diaper rash ointments often do the trick.  In contrast elderly,less mobile and those with a weaker immune system can sustain life threatening infections from skin breakdown and that’s not to mention the higher risk of urinary tract infections.   Even if you are young, active and healthy right now, don’t assume that will always be the case and so this risk needs to be taken seriously and proactively addressed.  

Now that we have established that you have to be crazy to want to be incontinent… 

Welcome aboard! 

Rest assured you are not alone. Over the years I've encountered numerous individuals who, like myself, have an unquenchable, pervasive and intense desire to be incontinent. They (we) feel that our potty training is a glitch and want nothing more in this world to eliminate it. Despite any inconveniences that this lifestyle brings and the countless warnings of well-meaning individuals in the form of "be careful what you wish for" - it fails to dissuade us from this desire to become diaper dependent.

If you're still reading this and feel to your core that you were meant to be dependent on diapers, then this guide is for you!

Before we go any further, I must cover some important safety disclaimers:

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This work is meant to be an informative guide for individuals over 18 years of age with an insatiable desire to be incontinent. It is in no way intended to provide any sort of medical advice. Reader discretion is advised. Do not be afraid or embarrassed to consult a medical professional if you have any questions that apply to your own personal circumstances. Most importantly - SAFETY FIRST! 

Also this guide will not go into topics such as surgery, stents, suppositories, enemas, and medications. I know of a lot of people who are into these things, but there are numerous safety considerations with these that are inappropriate for this guide.

I should also mention up front that this guide specifically deals with bladder control, however the same concepts can be applied to bowel control, if you wish to pursue it.

ABOUT ME:

I've been 24/7 off and on for many years. My current streak is 5+ years, and I don’t think it’s possible for me to return to continence and wearing normal underwear even if I wanted to.  As a child, I actually had "normal" bladder control with very infrequent accidents or wet beds. How even from early on, maintaining bladder control felt like a huge chore and always felt I should be incontinent and stuck in diapers. In my teenage years, I put myself back into diapers.

Fast forwarding to today, I am incontinent to the extent that I can't go any length of time (day or night) without an accident. I have a mix of urge incontinence and constant dribbling. I can still manage to clench (contract) my sphincter muscles, but even with considerable effort, it's like holding an umbrella up against a tidal wave. Even when I try my hardest to "hold it in", I can manage it for a minute or two - but even this is a stretch, are far too impractical to be useful. 

With time, my bladder has become deconditioned and the sphincter muscle has weakened.  I have erratic, frequent, small voids - sometimes upwards of 15 times a day. Recently I have started dribbling  which makes it really hard for me to process how precisely wet my diaper is. I am essentially forced to rely on my diaper to keep me dry, which in turn further worsens my control. (See: Spiraling) I rely on my diaper to keep me dry. 

People often ask how I accomplished this. This document aims to educate anyone interested on the techniques I developed to make my diaper dependence a reality.

USEFUL TERMINOLOGY: 

Incontinence: The involuntary loss of urine. In general, ABDLs make a HUGE deal of what constitutes incontinence. They INSIST you can't become incontinent and get their diapers in a knot over what precisely is and is not considered incontinent.  I find this amusing because nobody outside our niche community will ever question you if you say you're incontinent.

A few key points:

• Incontinence is a symptom - there are many causes of incontinence, in much the same way that a lot of things can cause a fever.

• Incontinence is a spectrum - There are varying degrees of severity. Anywhere from occasional dribbles here and there to full-blown bladder voids requiring heavy-duty diapers. Incontinence can be an abrupt onset, gradual, temporary, waxing-waning, or even permanent!

• There's no "one-size-fits-all" or a certificate of achievement at the end. Sorry!

Diaper dependence: When a person has a level of incontinence to the extent that they are unable to manage a normal life without the use of absorbent undergarments (i.e…diapers). This can be during the daytime, nighttime, or a combination of the two.

Potty/Toilet trained: When a person has the mental and physical capability to decide when and where to eliminate their bodily wastes (pee/poo); usually in a toilet.  While toilet training is not synonymous with incontinence, it's still critical to achieving continence.

Untraining:  The intentional process of losing the ability to control your release of urine and/or feces (BM..stool..etc). 

• This is NOT the same as what a baby who has never been potty-trained would experience. For example, even though I have lost the ability to hold it in, I am still aware of what a toilet is used for, what a full bladder feels like, and that a full bladder is a a sign that it’s time to get to the toilet. 

Diaper trained: When a person is conditioned to have no ability to control their bladder (or bowels) when wearing a diaper, but able to stay dry when not wearing a diaper. Depending on your individual goals, this can either be the ideal state... or the "friend-zone" of untraining. Personally speaking, I see this as a form of bladder control. And yet for many individuals it’a "good enough".

Spiraling: Aka initiating of the urinary systems “self-destruct sequence”. It's a critical stage of untraining where your bladder control has deteriorated to the point you need to rely on diapers to stay dry. In doing so, your bladder control further erodes away, causing you to further your dependence on diapers.  Spiraling happens at different times for different people. It is not by any means a linear process. While spiraling is not essential for untraining, it is extremely helpful if you manage to achieve it.

So without further ado, let's get right down to it.

***TARGETED UNTRAINING IN A NUTSHELL ***

1. Understand the body parts and systems that help maintain bladder control (i.e. continence), paying particular attention to any weak spots that can be safely and easily manipulated. 

2. Designing personalized cognitive and behavioral techniques to exploit these weak spots.

3. Apply these techniques separately and in tandem to nudge the body towards a self-induced spiral.

Now on to the first step: Understanding how the urinary system works (so that we can sabotage it). 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

This is a good first step, keep it up!

I was wondering about the fine balance you must need in order to write a guide for the community vs for the scientific community. It sounds like, so far, that the guide is geared toward the community. Have you thought about the audience? Is this where you want it to go? If scientifically done, it becomes more archivable for research. Maybe you can do both by being extremely thorough? I'm interested in seeing where this goes. Also, perhaps make it at a google doc and you can post the view-only link to it. That way people can comment on the script and you can adjust accordingly? Good luck!

That’s some fine work. Clearly, a lot of thought has gone into this. And you’re writing directly to the intended audience.

At least for what my opinion is worth!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@Enthusi How is the guide coming along?

Perfect timing! I was stalled for a while. Because this is a passion project I’m doing on the side it keeps taking a back seat whenever higher priority things come up.  

However, I am working on it. The question I asked earlier today on the forum about how you reward yourself for victories was for Part 2: Developing Your Arsenal in the fight against bladder control.  I see rewards for untraining as yet another weapon.

That said, I’ve been chatting with an online friend about the possibility of creating a wiki on the topic of untraining (and perhaps expand to other topics as well). He’s a tech wiz has the capability to do it.  My technique would be included as well as others.  That’s going to be a massive undertaking and we haven’t discussed any details beyond that we have a mutual interest and desire to make a wiki on the topic.   

I think we can all agree that a wiki would be far more useful than any pdf guide and allows for collaboration and growth. 

Because that’s further in the horizon, the best thing for me to do is continue my guide as a pdf, though structured in such a way that it can easily be converted to a few wiki pages.

In summary… stay tuned!

• Like 2