LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New, But Definitely Not a Newbie

Haven’t been active in over a decade.  Really missed diapers, but wearing just wasn’t right for a long, long time.  Well, life is short, and I’m not getting any younger, so I’ve put myself back in diapers, and they’ve never felt better.

The other thing I want to announce is that I had an epiphany.  As you can see, I’ve always loved wearing plastic pants over disposables even.  Just figured out why.

Basically, I find it really hot to think that mommy is using them because she’s potty training, anticipating that she’ll need the extra protection because I’m going to learn from not liking to sit in my wet and worse for hours.  So that’s what they stand for, the protection mommy needs to cut waaaaay back on the number of diapers she plans to change!

B6A43156-CCBD-4A57-B214-50A506C35DD9.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Toddler Pampers, welcome to DD. And welcome back to diapers! You know, you can’t do without them. No worries, you have lots of likeminded people here. You can feel right at home, come on in. Those look like VIP (Gerber) plastic pants, you’re wearing there? Wish they were still in business ? Anyway, nice to meet you, and glad to have you here. Relax, have fun, and enjoy! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

Hi Toddler Pampers, welcome to DD. And welcome back to diapers! You know, you can’t do without them. No worries, you have lots of likeminded people here. You can feel right at home, come on in. Those look like VIP (Gerber) plastic pants, you’re wearing there? Wish they were still in business ? Anyway, nice to meet you, and glad to have you here. Relax, have fun, and enjoy! 

Good, another oldster, like me.  Yes, they sure are Gerber VIP pull-ons.  Long gone now.  Everything was thrown away when I decided to take a break.  Fortunately, it lasted for over ten years, so it’s not like I did anything I immediately regretted.

So that’s an old photo.  Not planning to take any pics at this stage.  I might though, because what really flips my silly switch is making my own early Pampers style disposables (and showing them off).  I’m wearing a pretty decent prototype already, kind of a hybrid with disposable parts (not much), and reusables, to be kind to the environment and wear great diapers for next to nothing.

I’ve done this before, like always, but this time there will probably be no tapes, just pins, as original, if you go back far enough.  Here are some more pics of what my homemades looked like back in the day.  The biggest difference this time around is going to be a VERY noisy backsheet that I make from a thick trash compactor bag.  I have always liked really noisy diapers, which a lot of dl’s do I believe, although that is typically a huge problem in the vanilla incontinence world.

And, finally, a screenshot of what I’m gunning for.

C2FCB494-F8D2-49AC-ABFD-F65BE38FD2A7.jpeg

1C6633EE-974C-494A-9BA7-04A10FA509CE.jpeg

480CBED5-3C5E-45A9-AF44-FFCC5598E96A.jpeg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I’d actually like to discuss a little more how you could be so observant and reasonably certain that I was wearing the highly-prized Gerber ladies plastic panties.  You’re clearly a guy for whom they are a big part of diapering.  Is that because you wear cloth?  I don’t, strictly disposables.  But, like I say, they’re still seen as essential by way of the fact that Mommy is toilet training, which involves cutting waaaaaay back on changes.  She knows that sitting in my wet and worst for hours is the only way I’m going to learn to prefer the potty, but she’s not going to let that make for all sorts of other work.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Toddler Pampers said:

I’d actually like to discuss a little more how you could be so observant and reasonably certain that I was wearing the highly-prized Gerber ladies plastic panties.  You’re clearly a guy for whom they are a big part of diapering.  Is that because you wear cloth?  I don’t, strictly disposables.  But, like I say, they’re still seen as essential by way of the fact that Mommy is toilet training, which involves cutting waaaaaay back on changes.  She knows that sitting in my wet and worst for hours is the only way I’m going to learn to prefer the potty, but she’s not going to let that make for all sorts of other work.

I’m a long time fan of cloth diapers and plastic pants, going back to age 3. Child of the 60’s, and my mom used, like most cloth diapers. I collect plastic pants, adult & children’s. Huge collections of both. So, not hard (figure of speech) to spot those wonderful VIP’s. Besides, I’ve been seeing Gerber plastic pants, longer than I’ve know there were the same for adults. Can’t mistake the leg and waist elastics, and the diamond pattern. 
When I was young, but old enough to buy my own stuff, I bought my own Pampers, and sewed them together, so it could fit me. They were the old flat fanfold, so you could pull them flat and sew them. I also did similar, with 2 pairs of children's plastic pants, so I could make one bigger pair, from 2 pairs. 
Just a small, very small, sample of some of my collection of baby pants. 
7F03C809-27E1-498E-B27D-FF3AB62A762B.jpeg507C595D-95EE-4A71-A26D-C62C164BE104.jpeg611B7851-E8CC-467E-82EE-ABB855E903CF.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome.

While I do love the modern diapers, I still have a soft spot for the flose "wing fold" diapers from way back.  I would love to see someone actually produce them in adult sizes (functional and proper fitting - not that one-size-fits-NONE crap you still occasionally see from the medical industry).   However, we're a tiny minority these days so it's likely to never happen.

Welcome back, and that purple box of pampers brings back memories.

I use to want to be put into those so many times, always thought they would fit, of course I was just dreaming.

But yes the noise they made  always knew someone was wearing  a diaper with that crinkle 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...