LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Storms and Severe Weather

All my life, I have enjoyed studying severe weather. I get pumped up whenever we have tornado watches in the summer, or winter storm warnings in the winter. I love studying the weather of Earth, and other planets that experience meteorological phenomena. Yeah I'm a geek, but I don't care. 

You would make a great weather forecaster, I followed the weather for many years, I worked outside most of the time.

Nothing wrong with loving the weather, it is a great hobby and would be a great job for you, with the right schooling.

NOAA CWOP / SkyWarn certified ,I have a Davis weather station up top connected to computer and radio during normal operation it sends its data by radio  to NOAA , in the event certain parameters get exceeded and it automatically goes into emergency mode and radios data every 5 minutes . I sit on the outer reaches of two radar systems one east one west , my town isn’t observed very well by either so NOAA & local media use my station to understand what’s happening here , we had a bad  microburst , I immediately called  it ,NOAA didn’t see it on there radar as happening we had to wait a week for a disaster declaration when NOAA finally sent someone to inspect ( you know just in case my weather station was lying )  , had a couple tornadoes also evade there radar . We used to have our own weather radar and NOAA office but it was closed due to budget cuts .so us nerds fill in . It runs on solar during the day that charges a battery for overbite . Being in a power wheelchair insurance replaces my batteries yearly so my used batteries power everything from my radio station

to local repeaters and a friends oxygen concentrator. A friend recently visited the museum that owns “Dorothy “ from twister , the rotator was broke and they don’t make parts for obsolete technology , we leveraged friendships with company employees to get Dorothy a new working red rotator , so she is now as she was when used on screen. 

• Like 1

Twister was one of my favorite all time movies! What I mean by that is that I like the way they were able to take something that was so serious, being a twister, or as they call them hurricane, and even though it is very serious, they were able to add comedy to the movie, make it funny, while also making it very serious. Weather systems are very serious, and The thing is you have to have a good weatherman to be able to tell you if something is happening before it's happening.

in my early youth, I always dreamed of myself being either a disc jockey, a radio announcer, a news man, or radio personality. I'd even was thinking about doing news broadcasts, and I had a friend that used to work at a local radio station in Caledonia county Vermont, and his name was Don. My aunt and I used to play radio station, and I was the newscaster and she was the weathercaster, or we'd switch it up, similar to Don and the way he used to do it on the local radio station.

Don was a friend of the Baker family.  He was affectionately known as " Mr St johnsbury".  On my kindle and on my iPad I believe I still have the original article that he was interviewed before and I believe it was sometime in 2003 or more. Not sure of the date, but Don was like a trailblazer in radio, like there's other people in the state of Vermont who are well known for what they used to do and how they used to do it. Don always had the personality, and he always used to be serious when he needed to be, but he could joke around and be as jovial as you or I when we were laughing over a beer. He served the town of St johnsbury for many years, and he was a fixture in the town, similar to where my grandfather was. People knew of my grandfather John, always wanted to have him do signs and other things for them, my grandfather was a member of the VFW and the legion, because he served his country, like my uncles and other family members. It is incredible to know such a wonderful guy, and I learned so much from him, asking him questions about radio and how he got involved in it, and the story that he told was part of the article that they wrote on him. Whenever I think of him, I miss him, because he was a staple in Vermont radio.

Weather has always been something that has been very interesting to me. They say that in Vermont, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it'll change. Weather men are not always right, and they predict the weather, but technology has changed so much since my friend don's time, since the movie twister came out, and we're able to better predict whether that is very severe. I still remember in that movie twister, when billy 's girlfriend comma who was a pain in the **** , because she was always on the phone talking to her patients, and not really paying attention to Billy, would say:  " I have to hang up now, we got cows "  and then you see great big cows flying across the screen at the truck's windshield and you hear them go  "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

of course in the end, Jo and Billy get back together, doing what they used to do, chasing storms. Even though there is comedy within this movie, it does show what a storm chaser actually does, and adequately and truly does show the danger level involved in storms period of course this stuff may be dramatized, but it does give an adequate representation of what a storm chaser does and how they have to be careful. Storm chasers lead an interesting life, and they get really excited when bad weather happens, but you still have to be careful when you're doing it.

I've been through several storms of severe weather. I think the most severe was when I was in Florida back in 97, and then of course there was hurricane Gloria and I believe 1986 or 85.  The worst that I think I saw was tropical storm Irene. This was the worst storm that I've ever seen, and I'll tell you, it scared me a little bit. Ripped up the whole side of the road, on the way to Montpelier, and we had to drive on the wrong side of the road while it was being repaired. Got a lot of different things going on, during that storm, and WDEV in Waterbury Vermont was on the air through the entire storm, using electricity and generators to keep vermonters notified of what was going on statewide. WDEV is an awesome radio station because they were on the air starting in 1931 and have served the community for 90 years period through all of the bad storms, WDEV has come through, and every single time we have a bad storm they always tell us the way it is. They always have good weather forecasters like Roger hill, and they tell us like it is. We have had floods in Vermont several times, and I have seen what I thought was nothing common then they turned around with a bad rain down on the north side and bang we have a flood.

So yes, weather systems have always interested me, and I know that we have weather programs in state universities in Vermont. Let's hope that we continue to have good forecasters and good weathermen, because meteorology is important to let people know what's going on.

Brian

• Like 1