LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

That feeling when....

DailyDi

Changed diaper vendors not too long ago.  When I get notice of shipment FedEx invariably provides a delivery date one day prior to when it actually comes. Forever disappointed. But so happy when they finally arrive!

FedEx has always been really good about delivering many packages to me. The one thing that I find most irritating and challenging is the fact that I live in what they call a secure building. By that I mean that you just can't walk off the street open the door and walk through our lobby into somebody else's apartment. You have to let someone that you're seeing here know that you are coming, and they come down and open the door for you, or for certain individuals you can give them a key to the door. This has been working well for many years and there shouldn't be an issue.

However: for all the good deliveries that I have that have had no problems at all, there are always deliveries that are crazier than hell. By this I mean that I go to the FedEx website, and it tells me that the object or objects are on the truck for delivery from the Williston base in Vermont, and the next thing I know it says that it's out for delivery, then out of nowhere, I clicked the site a few hours later, and worst case scenario there is a delivery exception from my packages. This has happened on three to five different occasions, because FedEx apparently did not know or knew but couldn't get in, or just plain out didn't deliver it at all because of being a secure building. This can cause problems because you literally have to be standing in front of the door waiting for FedEx to bring you your package, or you have to know when the truck arrives and wait for them to come in. Sometimes the truck you expect is not the one carrying your packages, so one truck may deliver part of yered order the other truck may be delivering the other half.

I don't mind FedEx delivering things and I don't mind the fact that it might take a little bit longer than normal, but I can't stand the fact that somebody uses the delivery exception in my opinion as an excuse not to deliver something that should be able to be dropped and left. Every time somebody uses the delivery exception BS, that means I have to call FedEx and basically kick them in the head and have them reset the package for delivery, and find out why it was delivery exception. The last time this happened, I had to tell somebody somewhere in the United states that we had a lock box key on the outside, and that key is the one that FedEx uses. We have a lot of people that come into our building, so each group of individuals that needs access to our building has been given the access codes to their specific box, and they're expected to be using their box to be able to get into the building. It's my contention that I told FedEx, that no one was making the attempt, and so they would just see that there's nobody sitting anywhere, so they can't deliver the package or they won't deliver the package.

so after I talked to my resident services director, I asked her to tell the FedEx people at the Williston Vt and Berlin Vt terminals that they have a key that they can use to get into this building. The lock box key for that particular business is there because of the fact that we are a secure building, and we expect packages to be delivered. I mean the mailman comes right into the building, and he delivers our packages and mail with no problem at all, and he doesn't leave it on the outside of the building or the outside of someone's door for somebody to pick up or somebody to steal. Luckily I have had pretty good luck, and I just basically told FedEx that they are requested to make deliveries to our residents, and to not throw delivery exceptions and not give us reasoning. If they did that, a lot of these delivery exceptions probably would be cut in half, because we would know why our packages weren't delivered.

I love it when FedEx or UPS or another delivery company is able to provide me with what I ask for, and sometimes I have been pleasantly surprised when something arrives a couple of days ahead of schedule, or maybe more. It's also fun when you can see that a package is being delivered. The only thing I don't like about the way that it's dealt with, is that a delivery exception is not something that should be used as an excuse for not doing it. A delivery exception should also give the recipient of a package the explanation necessary so that they're not worrying about something that may not be happening.

It is my hope that most of the time delivery services do not just throw exceptions. Most of the time this is not the case, and everything is fine but it's still hard. Especially when you have to remind FedEx that they do have a way in, they just don't know how to use it or don't want to deliver it, saying it's a secure building. I'm glad I have a secure building, because you never know who the heck is out there in this strange world.

Brian

13 hours ago, BabyJoseph said:

its a good feeling 

Not really as you planned to be home for delivery, but then they show up when you're not home and package get delivered to someone else.

This has happened to me, so I always get it sent to the post office.
No packages get sent to my home address. 

I just got a shipping notice on something I pre-ordered a few months ago.  Not ABDL related ... but been eagerly anticipating it since last winter when they were announced.  Hasn't been picked up yet though. 

15 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Still waiting for Tykables to ship mine.

They could If they weren't always out of stock!