LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Summer heat

Have an appointment set up with gastro doctor due to leaking after bathroom and scratching at night so wearing 24/7. Whether the doctor puts incontinence in my files after testing and so forth, I’ll still be wearing 24/7.

I really enjoy the summer heat and being outside. I know being padded will warm things up for me. I’m used to sweat just running down my legs, but now it will stay trapped in my diaper region. What do you use for diaper rash? Also anything else to use to make the best of the heat? Live in the Central states so can get upwards of 105+ with heat index, but not willing to give up the outside life for wearing 24/7. 

almost should’ve started in the fall/winter time, lol. What’s kept you going in this heat? Why didn’t you stop?

• Like 1

I work nights, so most of the day I am inside in the A/C. Wearing is no worse than wearing dark blue jeans. Plus I discovered one day while shopping, that a wet diaper cools off nicely in an air conditioned store, and is cool when you get back in your car. I don't have any other underwear.

As for creams, any that are NOT fish oil based. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Billy987 said:

Have an appointment set up with gastro doctor due to leaking after bathroom and scratching at night so wearing 24/7. Whether the doctor puts incontinence in my files after testing and so forth, I’ll still be wearing 24/7.

Please let us know how your doctor appointment went and what his diagnosis is.

• Like 1

@Billy987

I also work in either air conditioned comfort or very cool basements. My thrift store is on the lower level of the church. Even when it is quite hot upstairs, there is always a cool place to go, but as the temperature upstairs reaches 90 plus, it gets really really humid and uncomfortable downstairs, so the temperature can reach a high of 75 downstairs which is still 20 degrees cooler than a 95 degree day in the heat of the sun. However, most times we don't end up dealing with heat like that unless we're dealing with a week or two or more of very hot weather period i would rather have weather like this in the summer, because the best time of day to be able to do all of your work is either early in the morning or later in the evening, but it still can be quite hot or sticky when it is humid.

My summer regimen includes: taking hot shower at night, or first thing in the morning, so that when I take a diaper off, I am dealing with anything that I need to, cleaning myself up, shaving any pubic area hair that is causing issue so that it is nice and smooth, and then powdering up when necessary and applying topical to make sure that redness is not an issue. If you prepare your body appropriately when you get ready in the morning, your diaper can not only be a protection for your incontinence, but it also can be a way to keep the heat down if it is not really hot outside. Most times in the summer, when I get home at night, I take my pants off, take a shower, and then go to lightweight clothing so that it is not overly hot or uncomfortable. Sometimes, a trifecta and a mega Max and a T shirt are all I need for the night.

Regardless of what season it is, you have to take care of your skin and your body. If it becomes an issue where you are sweating or uncomfortable, you should also make plans to be able to air out- by air out I mean exactly that - where as little as you can get away with, and that way make sure that your diaper area is exposed so that the air can help you dry it out. Applying appropriate topicals will also help you, as well as having clean Gary where are trifecta pants.

I also wear 24/7- so that way I have to wear at all times. I find that wearing 24/7 is more economical and easier to deal with than having to constantly get up and go to the bathroom and deal with that every few minutes to every hour. The trick to dealing with summer heat is to make sure that you are clean, your diapers are clean, and you are dealing with making sure your body can air out or cool down. Sometimes that means placing a washable pad under you, and maybe and under pad under you that is disposable, just in case will you release when you do not have a diaper on. For example, if I know for example that I need to use the bathroom, and I'm going in to use the shower, I will use the bathroom before getting in the shower and use the bathroom again before I put a diaper on. This way, anything that I have to release can be released before I get in the shower, before I clean up, and after I get out, so that putting a clean diaper on will result in not having to go to the bathroom again if that makes any sense.Air conditioning helps as well, because the ambient temperature in here is anywhere between 68 and 70 degrees, but has been as low as 66 to 68 degrees - it all depends on what type of situation you have and where your sun lands during the morning the afternoon or the evening .

good luck, and let us know what the doctor says: optimally, if the doctor says that you are dealing with incontinence and puts that in your medical records, you won't have to worry about wearing diapers using diapers or attaining them, but you may want to, after using the cheap stuff, if going 24/7, ask them for mega Max is if possible if that is what you think you need. When you are incontinent both ways and severely incontinent and disabled, you don't want your diaper to be as cheap as a roll of bounty paper towels: you wouldn't use bounty paper towels for your diaper, so why would your diaper be made similar to it- your diaper is supposed to be able to absorb whatever you give it, but diapers nowadays do not allow for that, because they're so cheap. You have to be able to prove total incontinence or severe incontinence or a disability in order to get that, so I wish you the best of luck.

Stay Cool!

Brian

• Like 1

We're in Kansas so the heat index right now is about 105 or more. I work outside a lot keeping our acres mowed among other outside work. I love the heat and we don't have any air conditioning in our old house. A good quality diaper is a must. A thin diaper won't last at all and a mediocre diaper will clump or break loose from the backing sheet just from sweating and moving in it. I personally don't wear cloth backed because it's not a proper diaper in my mind but a cloth backed diaper that will breathe might be helpful.

I buy my lotion at Aldi's which makes it thrifty. It's Little Journey baby lotion with colloidal oatmeal skin protectant. It's free of parabens, phthalates & fragrances and is hypoallergenic. As someone that loves the smell of baby lotion I decided that taking care of my skin has to override my desire to smell like a baby. I also like it because it absorbs in and doesn't leave a greasy feeling after applying it.

Hugs,

Freta