LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

RANT - My brother ruined Deviantart for me

My brother went into my room when I wasn't home, saw my computer on and went through my search history and found my deviantart with all my captioned stories uploaded to it. He's now following me on there. He's made it super fucking weird, and now I can't ever bring myself to upload anything, and I'm seriously considering just deleting my account. He has no fucking boundaries whatsoever, the reason he was in my room in the first place is because he's a crossdresser and wanted to borrow a skirt from me. Without my fucking permission.

• Sad 4

I would make a copy of all my stuff then delete, first privately talk to the most important followers, let them know what you are doing

Make sure you can block your brother, followers will understand.

• Like 3

How did he get on your computer? Do you not have a password on it, did you just have it on? I would suggest preventing future things like this happening in the future you adopt some better security practices. Something else that might help is installing a door with a lock and a key, so you can lock it when you go out. This is a huge invasion of privacy. If he does ever "borrow" any of your things without permission, you could pursue legal action.

If it was me I would absolutely back up everything I had put up on Deviantart and delete the account and maybe make a new one under a different name (or possibly not at all). You are completely justified in your feelings (not that you need some stranger to tell you that), and I am sorry that this happened to you.

• Like 2

I don’t want to diminish the invasion of your privacy, and how your bother was wrong for violating that. But now that the deed is done, you have to pick up and move on. If he wants to follow you on Deviantart, so be it. Maybe, you can give him something to look at on there? You can make up something, caption, that he’ll know is about him, but make it vague, and only slightly. But it’s a way for some payback, to make you feel better. I hope you can work out something between you both, so this doesn’t happen again. And make sure, you protect yourself in the future. 

• Like 2

Yeah! if my brother did THAT to me, I'd be like, "WHAT THE HELL?!" I hope there wasn't any ABDL stuff on there, for your sake. I DEFINITELY feel sorry for you!???????

• Like 1

That is super weird for him to do. Going into your room without permission alone is a big no-no. Borrowing your clothes without permission is a big no-no. Snooping on your computer is a big no-no... Following you on DeviantArt is just really fucking weird.

Is there a way to block users on there? (As someone who posts his stories on there you'd think I know but I don't!)

I never like to see people lose something they love because of someone else's actions so I would hesitate to say to nuke everything. At the same time, I don't know what else to suggest. Has he said why he followed you on there? Have you told him that everything he did was wrong and asked him to unfollow? Is it something you can ignore?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

How did he get on your computer? Do you not have a password on it, did you just have it on? I would suggest preventing future things like this happening in the future you adopt some better security practices. Something else that might help is installing a door with a lock and a key, so you can lock it when you go out. This is a huge invasion of privacy. If he does ever "borrow" any of your things without permission, you could pursue legal action.

If it was me I would absolutely back up everything I had put up on Deviantart and delete the account and maybe make a new one under a different name (or possibly not at all). You are completely justified in your feelings (not that you need some stranger to tell you that), and I am sorry that this happened to you.

@3bsg3

I agree with @kasarberang How did he get access to your computer?  If he has entered your room without PERMISSION, Then I don't CARE what he supposedly was doing IN THERE, because he is in your room without your permission, and in essence he IS invading your privacy - If he wanted to Borrow something and he had your permission to enter, that would be different  - He could then take it, and return it to you when he is done with it, or when you ask him to RETURN it.  This is the way that it is supposed to be done.

Since he entered your room, and TOOK something of yours without permission, that is a different story.  I live on my own and my brother comes down and hangs out with me EVERYDAY:  He has his own Phone, Laptop, files, Messages, and things he wants to  keep for himself.  He probably has things on there that I don't know about - He also helps me pay the Phone Bill every month, since I have Him, and another Family Member on my Plan.  He Comes into my bedroom everyday, because the bathroom is off the bedroom. I understand that he may ENTER my bedroom, and I have access to HIS laptop, BUT I do NOT try to login to his computer, phone or other electronic devices without his PERMISSION or without him asking me for assistance with a computer related issue that he may need help with.  If he needs help, he will tell me, and he will log me in or ask me to Take a Look, which I can do from his laptop or through Remote Desktop:  My brother will NOT access my computers without asking me FIRST, and he does NOT go "snooping around" in my history, My Bookmarks, or any files that he sees on my desktop:  He MIGHT want to PRINT something on my laser printer, but when he does, he ASKS for PERMISSION to use my machine(s), logs in, and I will assist him if necessary.  I don't MIND him using my network, printing documents, having a phone, or using word, BUT:

IF I CATCH HIM SNOOPING around in my computer without permission, or without a DAMN GOOD REASON, He and i would be having a DISCUSSION about what is and is NOT allowed:  I don't think he would EVER do that, and he knows of my Incontinence and my use of this site, and all that:  The only way he would probably use MY Machines would be if his was down, having difficulties, or IF he had to print/scan/copy documents for work, or for personal use.  NONE of my brothers would be SNOOPING around in my machines: I place the HIGHEST level of TRUST in my brothers:  If something happens to me, he would take action that would help me in an emergency, and if he was NOT here, I would call for assistance through our PD/FD/Ambulance services, and he would be alerted.  They know BETTER than to do something like this!  

Now, when I think of this, a cartoon scene comes to mind:  George (Benny) and Junior (Loony Tunes) are doing something, and it goes WRONG because Junior does the WRONG thing: George will then say "Junior.....Bend OVER:"  Then he will kick him in the BUTT"   Now, I am gonna put my computer Admin/Tech Hat ON and give you advice:

1.  SET a PASSWORD for any device you have:  I don't care if it is a Desktop, a Laptop, a Phone, a Tablet, a Game System, or WHATEVER:  There may be information on these devices that you DON'T want people LOOKING at, or accessing:  If you DON'T have  a password on your devices, or you leave your machine up and do NOT lock the SCREEN when you are NOT there, you run the risk of things occurring that you don't have control over, and you don't want your privacy compromised.  ALL of my PC's, My server, Laptops, Phones, Tablets (Ipad/adroid/surface go 3/office computers have Passwords, and all of them are set up so that you HAVE to enter a password to access them, and the passwords are DIFFERENT for each device.

2.  SET it UP so you have a LOGIN SCREEN showing on Windows:  If done right, you will be REQUIRED to enter a password or PIN code for Windows Login Access:  If your brother does NOT know your password, then he should NOT be tempted to try to login.  

3.  Change Passwords to sensitive information, such as banking, or any machine/device such as a Switch, XBOX, PS 3/4/5, or any service that can be used to purchase content on such a device using a credit card.  Password Protecting these things makes sure your banking info is secure, and NOT accessible to individuals that should NOT have it.

4.  DO NOT use the same Password for Everything:  This should go without saying:  If you use one password for EVERYTHING:  If someone gets that password, then they can get access to your network, your PC's and devices and anything you use that password for:  Best practice is to use a password of 6 to 8 characters, use Capital and small letters, a number or two, and a special character such as @#$! and the like:  You may want to use a securely generated password and make note of it and others that you generate. (If you save passwords in your browsers, then you NEED to set up a Lock Screen/Login Password ;)

5.  Backup your Data on Deviantart - Make sure you have it ALL - Then, send an email to ALL of your followers that YOU WANT to ALERT - Tell them that your account has been COMPROMISED, and you are DELETING it:  DO NOT send this to your brother:  Create a new Account and then send the ones you want to tell about it the information once the new account is created.  Change the Password to this account too, just in case the little FOOL has accessed your Saved Password Lists in your browser(s)! Once the new account is established, REUPLOAD your content. and you should be good to go.  From time to time, you want to consider changing passwords to keep stuff secure, ESPECIALLY stuff that may cause "issues" for you, if the wrong person accessed it!

6.  Install a LOCK on your door, if your brother is accessing your room without your permission or if he seems to show no concern for your privacy or your property.  If You live at Home still, tell your parents what happened, and the REASON for wanting a Lock with a key on your bedroom Door!  If this is NOT the case, then add the lockset to your bedroom door, and make sure you have the keys to it, as well as your landlord, in case there is a reason for them to enter your unit in an emergency situation/Maintenence Call or Inspection of the premisis.   

YOUR BROTHER (OR anyone else that does not have permission) has NO BUSINESS looking at, or accessing ANYTHING on your computer!  However, @kasarberang is CORRECT:  If you leave your computer ON, and you don't have a password enabled on a windows machine, or an Android Tablet, or other devices that can access the internet, then things like this CAN happen - My ROUTER is also password Protected, so that NO ONE can access it, and NO ONE can make changes or mess up my network.  If someone wants to use my network, and they are a GUEST, I have a guest network SSID, and a password that will allow them access to the guest network, so NONE of my machines are accessible to them, but they can still use the network!

OK: Now that I have given you a Electronic "Spanking", I will tell you that this situation Sucks:  People should be able to respect each others privacy and property, and your brother, is WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOONNGGGGGGGGGGG!  If he has his OWN machine, he should be Told to stay the heck off YOURS, and if he can't respect you, your rules or the rules of the house, then he should be RESTRICTED from accessing computers other than his OWN, and maybe if still at home, your PARENTS should PUNISH HIM for his actions.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1

So, yeah. I do have a password on my computer. I always lock it when I leave it. I left my computer on so I could leave it to do a disk defrag while I was out, this was the one occasion where I forgot to lock it. How silly of me to think that my computer was safe in my home, won't ever make that mistake again. 

Yes, I've blocked him on deviantart, but that wouldn't stop him being able to see it when not logged in.

7 hours ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

Yeah! if my brother did THAT to me, I'd be like, "WHAT THE HELL?!" I hope there wasn't any ABDL stuff on there, for your sake. I DEFINITELY feel sorry for you!???????

There was.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, 3bsg3 said:

So, yeah. I do have a password on my computer. I always lock it when I leave it. I left my computer on so I could leave it to do a disk defrag while I was out, this was the one occasion where I forgot to lock it. How silly of me to think that my computer was safe in my home, won't ever make that mistake again. 

Yes, I've blocked him on deviantart, but that wouldn't stop him being able to see it when not logged in.

There was.

Oh God no!???? I'm SO sorry buddy!??????

Your brother violated not only your privacy but your trust too. I grew up a crossdresser and a DL both and my deepest fear was being found out. While everyone seems to be focused on the technology for a cure for your situation I see more power in focusing on the root cause, your brother. Since he is following you on DeviantArt you must have his username. Have you searched his pages to see what he has posted? How public is he with his crossdressing? Maybe you could start following him? If he's in the closet about his crossdressing outside the house I'd talk to him about the consequences of violating your online presence and your physical space. He should understand the concept of people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 3

This sux!! But, I'm not sure about DA, but can't you just change your user name?? That way he wont know what or who to look for, *shrug* just a thought. I like DA, it is an interesting place, I think I have an account there... But not sure if they let you switch user names or not. If not, back up everything, delete your account, and start a new one under a different name... OH! And yeah, it *might* be time to move..??

• Like 1

I'd find it difficult indeed to live with a crumbum like that, brother or not, without seriously considering the application of a 2x4 upside his head. I think Freta's suggestions have merit.

• Like 2

Aside from the blatant inexcusable violation of privacy from your brother, there's another thing that concerns me.

Defrag? Unless you're using a mechanical hard disk as your boot drive AND anything older than windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.2 for your operating system ... neither of which make any sense in 2022 ... why would you be running a defrag?

1) SSDs (which every self respecting person should be using for a system drive) don't need it. In fact, it only damages them and doesn't offer any performance benefit.

2) Modern OS actively prevents excess  fragmentation, schedules defrags and performs them automatically on a regular basis for mechanical HDDs.

Sorry for the digression from the main issue.

• Like 1

Some of us are still in the stone age. Our laptop is a used Dell with a mechanical HD. We don't leave it on ever if we're not actively using it so defragging the HD is something we do manually. We mostly use it for downloading pics from my stone age Olympus 3040 Zoom camera and from our 4g cell phones. Oh, and my truck is the "Pre Millennium Ranger".

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

That's perfectly fine if it works, but I'd hope you're not still running windows XP on it, and if you are, then not using it to get online, because that's just asking for trouble, potentially worse than a family member snooping in someone's private data.

• Like 1