LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best pullups?

Yes yes, I know. That's like asking what's the healthiest menu item at McDonalds.

I know pull-up diapers are never going to be as absorbent as tape-ons or cloth, but they do seem like they'd be convenient for an impromptu wetting session. Would anyone here be able to recommend a brand or style that (a) has sizes to fit a larger frame, (b) has padding in front for my boy parts, and (c) has the best absorbency and leak protection as can plausibly be achieved with a pullup.

• Like 1

I found Abri too thick and  chaff my legs.

Amazon basics are ok.  Though you can't get samples and must buy in bulk.  They do have an overnight version that is pretty thick up front.  Though regular diapers might be more economical.  The reviews are mixed.  I like them the most as they are contoured wear it counts, but the XL kind of bunches up on me...  llmedico.com has some samples.  Pull ups are very popular, but I don't think the makers care too much about them. 

• Like 1
On 6/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, DailyDi said:

Abri-Flex Premium Level 3 work best for me. Good fit with leakguards and highly absorbent. https://amzn.to/3QdHLWn

Thanks for putting those in an link Mikey! If I EVER have to start wearing Pull-Ups on a regular basis because my weiner can't hold my pee-pees in anymore, I'll remember these buddy. Or EVEN if my disability becomes too bad where I have to wear them full time. Although at that point, I would probably just wear Diapees full-time instead.? They're FAR MORE comfortable than Pull-Ups. That's for SURE! And they're PERFECT for when I reach old age too! Although at that point, I would hope that I would be united with my two Daddies in heaven!????♥️?? Also, Do THOSE Pull-Ups go up past your belly button?!????☺️??

• 5 months later...

There are a couple new ones like Because and Parent Giving and Underx that are incredibly soft.  I liked Parent Giving more, but they are expensive.  Some diapers are actually cheaper like Attends Stretch.  They last just as long as pull up and not beyond that.  

On 6/4/2022 at 1:52 PM, 2sail2 said:

I found Abri too thick and  chaff my legs.

Amazon basics are ok.  Though you can't get samples and must buy in bulk.  They do have an overnight version that is pretty thick up front.  Though regular diapers might be more economical.  The reviews are mixed.  I like them the most as they are contoured wear it counts, but the XL kind of bunches up on me...  llmedico.com has some samples.  Pull ups are very popular, but I don't think the makers care too much about them. 

@2sail2

personally, I don't think pull ups would work in situations where you would have to be able to to rely on what you are wearing. It would be one thing if someone was leaking very little amounts, or leaking at a constant rate but not so bad as to flood out what you're wearing. if you need that type of protection, because you're constantly whiting or you're over capacity, a diaper is your best bet. I don't think many individuals are excluded, understand what A diaper is supposed to be, versus what a pullup is supposed to be. if you have to wear a diaper, you should be wearing a diaper, and if you need to wear a pull up, you should be able to go to diapers if you need them.

For me I want the ability and convenience, and I also want the ability to be able to count on what I'm wearing to be able to hold whatever I am releasing are not designed for long term where, and as such they are not designed to be to hold much, because apparently you're supposed to be able to change almost immediately after using them.

I'd also like companies to be able to understand what they're selling and why they are selling it. if the reason they're selling things like this is because they don't want to give us quality product, then in my opinion, somebody is in the wrong business. most times when you are incontinent, whether it be A very small amount of, to a very lot of amount, you should be able to get the available and appropriate incontinence product for your needs.

As I've always stated, Whatever you need, should be able to be available if you need it. if you need something that's light duty to medium duty, that should be one product if you need something that's heavy duty Comet that's another product.. if companies actually cared about the products they made, they wouldn't be making them so cheap, and then trying to sell them at pennies on the dollar two places like medicaid. Whoever the idiots were that decided how long pull ups or diapers should last should go back to school. in order for someone to be a comfortable individual, they need to have the ability to be able to release a full bladder into whatever they are wearing. If you can't even do that with at least one product then, then you shouldn't even be using pull ups at all, and diapers should be made so that you can use them for their intended purposes. These products so cheaply have to understand and should understand and possibly do understand that there are shortchanging the public, by providing them incontinence products that can't even cut the mustard. It is my hope that eventually somebody will study Lake North Shore is trying to do that will tell the idiots that made these two hour change rules par for the course, that changing every two hours is ridiculous, and sometimes is not very comfortable for the person wearing the garments.

As I say, the best pull up, or even the best diaper, is based on the person who is going to be wearing it, how long they're going to be wearing it, the cost of it, and the availability of them For people using them. I would trade all cloth back cloth backed diapers for something plastic backed that was made like a north shore or even better, if that meant that we get more quality products that are made so that they will be able to handle what you are throwing at them. No one in their find would just put on a bounty paper towel and then try to tell someone that that is a diaper, and no one is going to say that a bounty paper towel would be appropriate

however, we have products that aren't even fit for anyone to wear say nothing about use: you need plastic back diapers in order to be able to hold whatever that you are trying to release, you need order control, and you need something that is not made like a Kendell Wings diaper:  @hlcl makes a good point when she says each diaper has its use, but any diaper that is so thin or does not have the capacity to be able to do what it needs to do, shouldn't be put on the top of anyone's list for quality for quality or usability. when I'm using a product, I want the best product I can get, even if that means I may pay a little bit extra for the ability to be able to count on such a product. there are so many different products nowadays, and I learned this from marketing and advertising classes in college: if somebody makes diapers for example, you could make 1000 diapers, and let's say there are 500 companies: all they would do was just so many diapers as one brand, so many as another brand, and maybe a third brand if they make more Then that. Sure, you don't wanna be paying top dollar if it's not necessary, but when you're talking about health when you're talking about welfare or when you're talking about someone's comfort or security or dignity, wouldn't extra money that you spend on products, and the ability to count the product when it's necessary B factors that you would use to decide what pull ups or diapers to use? if the people that are making these things are only making them cheaply, and they don't give us a choice, then there's no reason to even try to do better, because there are no better products out there, unless you're talking about North Shore: they really know how to make diapers and they really know how to make products that work!

for me, a diaper is my go to: in my opinion, anything less than a diaper that is halfway decent, shouldn't even be counted on because When you need it, all it'll do is flood out and you'll be leaking all over the place. being disabled, and being in a position where I've had friends have to sit in diapers like that, to think that we come so long and so far in technology nowadays that we are getting cheaper and cheaper, and we're not caring about the person's health welfare or comfort level, we're just worrying about selling the cheapest thing possible that will just barely fit the bill and no more: if I ran a business where I ended up giving the worst product I made to somebody To somebody at the lowest price, I wouldn't be in business too long.

I really get it: Some people don't need the top of the line stuff, and if you don't need the top of the line stuff that's one thing, but quality quantity and usability Are three things that I feel are important period you need the ability to use your product to his extent possible, and you need to be able to have quality stuff so you're not causing yourself more harm than good by using the product: you don't want to have an accident and end up leaking all over everywhere, and you certainly don't wanna be in a wet diaper all day or a wet pull up! however, whoever makes these rules decides needs to be changed every two hours, and they don't think about the product that they're using: if they used A Mega Max they wouldn't have to change people so often, and then it would be up to the person who is changing the patient whether a change is necessary or whether the patient would like one:: it should be up to the caregiver as well as the patient as to whether a diaper change is warranted: and if it is, you should be able to change as much as you need, not worrying about numbers and cost! the reason I say it that way is because there are many individuals who don't have a choice and they must wear diapers, so why are they wearing the cheapest things possible, when better product is always available!

I wouldn't know any mother out there who would use the cheapest possible product, if it meant that a person who needs to use it is not comfortable and content. When you see diapers that are so thin, you wonder why they're made that way com and maybe it's just me being cynical, but I'd rather have better have better product than a lot of an inferior product: it's just me I guess!

Pull UPS have their usage and reason for existing, and I'm sure there are many who use them. However, being that I am old school, my pull ups were basically a diaper under A pair of plastic pants come, and those were my pull ups: when I needed to be changed, I was changed:: diapers were not made so cheaply that they wouldn't be able to hold at least one wetting, and because of the SAP in diapers,, it changed in the 90s I believe, and then it started going downhill when they started going to cloth back: and they said the reason is because of baby's skin, which may be correct, but I would rather have waterproof barrier and protection against being all wet, rather than to wear something that reminds me of a bounty paper towel on my rear end!

Brian

I don't suppose anyone here uses cloth pull-ups? Been thinking about getting some, and the website I'm looking at has them at a rather expensive price. Debating whether or not to get them. Would love recommendations, otherwise!

I forgot which subforum I was in. Sorry!