LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lights! Camera! ...What?!? - Chapter 112 - 5/10/24

Chapter 48: Zapped!

GRANDMA WOKE ME up the following day, and I couldn’t stop smiling about having finally resolved to have a relationship with Beth!

I was excitedly walking into the bathroom to pull off my pajamas when I realized something was wrong.

My Pull-Up was soaked!

“What the hell?!?”

I grimaced. I knew it was probably a matter of time, but I expected it to happen at school when I was in the pod with that stupid device inside. I sighed, pulled the sides of the Pull-Up apart, and walked it back out to the diaper pail beside the changing table in the room. ‘No reason to smell up my bathroom,’ I thought.

I found some wipes I could reach on a shelf below the table and wiped myself before grabbing one of my regular swimsuits and pulling it on. Grandma must have knocked on Beth’s door because she was coming out in her bikini and cover-up again when I headed to the stairs.

“Joining me?” I asked her.

“Yep!” she said. “Have to practice to keep up with the amazing little dolphin!”

Without warning, she picked me up and placed me on her hip. I blushed but leaned into her side as she carried me down. “You two going for a swim?” Grandma asked as we passed.

“Yes, if that’s okay?”

“If you two are together, that’s fine. I’ll send Grandpa to come check on you in a bit.”

“Thanks!” I said, even as I felt even more embarrassed to be in the babyish position of being held by my… girlfriend?

I blushed more then as I thought about that.

Beth must have been thinking about that as we neared the water, and she sat me down, “I’m probably the only girl I know of other than my mom who can pick up and cuddle her boyfriend.”

I blushed at being called her boyfriend, “Probably aren’t many… You’re really okay with my size?” I asked her, self-conscious.

She knelt down to me, “I’m not going to lie and say it’s not a bit weird, but I’ve grown up with a mom who was almost exactly my size compared to a dad about yours?” She shrugged, “Once I thought of it like that, it became a little less weird?”

Then, without warning, she began tickling my sides, “Besides, it gives me all sorts of unfair advantages.”

“Stop, not fair, and we shouldn’t horse around the pool area,” I told her.

“Good point,” she said with a smile and a hug. Then she patted my butt, “Now I know all you really want to do now is swim, so go ahead and start my little dolphin, and I’ll try and do a few laps myself.”

I hugged her back and then dove into the water to start swimming. I felt some fatigue from yesterday in my muscles, having pushed it so hard. So, while I swam a fair distance, I didn’t try for the same speed. As a result, I think Beth could almost keep up with me. Almost!

When we finished swimming, the two of us went and showered, and I spent time washing my hair, hoping it would lose the curls from the day before. Looking in the mirror, my hair still looked wavier than usual. Of course, also looking in the mirror, I still looked like a dressed-up pre-teen girl with makeup as glittery and vibrant as it had been the day before!

‘This makeup has got to make going out as a girl way simpler than my sisters have it!’ I thought

I pulled on a new Pull-Up and grimaced at the thought of having wet the bed the night before. ‘If Grandma doesn’t ask, I won’t say anything. Maybe it can just stay off my chart that way…?’ I thought that, technically, that would be my second accident not being marked down. Eventually, I was going to be losing potty stars. Unfortunately, I knew that was bound to happen here as a Little!

I finished my morning routine and dressed in jeans and a light blue shirt with Emerson that Grandma must have bought sometime during the week before heading downstairs. Beth was nowhere in sight for once, so I tried the sit-and-hop method of going down the stairs. It was time-consuming but seemed less dangerous than the hopping down I’d tried. ‘Might make that my normal?’ I thought as I reached the bottom. ‘Reminds me of practicing evacuating from a school bus as a kid!’ Looking up at the stairs, I was sure I could do without seeing those daily!

Grandma was sitting at the table reading something on a tablet when I approached. “Done with your shower?”

I nodded, “Yes, is there a chance I could get something to eat?”

“What would you like?” She asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t see anyone else, so don’t go through any major trouble?”

“We have an AmeniTea over here, too, so we can do something quickly through it?”

“Is that how you normally cook?” I asked curiously.

She laughed as she came over and picked me up off the ground, “No, we still prefer to cook most of the time, but mornings and midnight snacks are the time I prefer to use it.”

“What can it make?” I asked.

“Just about anything, really. We have a full stock of ingredient pods inside of it.”

“Pancakes and eggs?”

“Sure!” She said.

“Can I watch you do it?”

She placed me on her hip and walked into the kitchen. There was a large island counter that she sat me on top of like one would do a baby. I watched as she spoke instructions to the boxy device, and a moment later, a plate filled with pancakes complete with a smiley face of chocolate chips and whipped cream appeared. Some scrambled eggs were on the side of the platter, and it looked good!

“That’s all you have to do?” I asked, surprised.

“That’s it! It’s pretty cool and simple enough. Even your auntie can manage it!”

I laughed at that and was soon strapped into the highchair, eating as Beth came in. She looked to have spent a lot of time on her hair and makeup, and I blushed as I realized maybe she was looking nicer for me? Beth wore a pretty purple sweater that hugged her curves. Many detractors would say she didn’t have much, but she looked perfect!

“Morning, Beth,” Grandma said to her.

“Good morning,” she replied to her.

“What would you like for breakfast?”

She looked down at my plate and said, “That looks good?”

“Just have a seat; I’ll have it in a minute or so,” Grandma told her.

Beth blushed when she reappeared with the smiley face on the pancakes, “Thanks!”

“You said what he had, so I figured you wanted the smiley face too!” She gave Beth a sideways hug.

Beth giggled, “Nothing wrong with a smiley face on a pancake!”

After we finished our breakfasts, the two of us found our way back to my room for more time studying. Beth was clearly much more apprehensive about particular classes, like her Systems class, so I gave her a hand with it. I managed to write the final page of the script just before lunch and copied it into the school’s computer, then the module system, before smiling since it was all turned in!

“Now I just have to hope mine is chosen!” I thought to myself as I moved on to the next class.

BETH WAS MAKING more progress studying with Connor than she ever would have on her own. It was becoming a bit of a game to her, though, to figure out if anything she was studying could stump him. So far, she was failing to catch him in anything she was working on that he didn’t know!

So, it was a bit of a relief after lunch when they were resuming studying, and he was actually struggling at something as he worked on his HoloFields class.

“I just don’t get how these particles relate to this…?” Connor threw up his hands. “This stasis field shouldn’t even work from the physics back home?”

She smiled, “Finally, something I know that you don’t!”

“Huh?”

“Remember, I grew up here. There’s basic Field Theory in our physics classes in high school.”

“Oh,” Connor said, “That’s why they didn’t feel like they needed to explain this stuff?”

“Probably!” she agreed. She walked Connor through the things he didn’t understand for the next two hours. Then she had to admit he probably would understand it better than her in another week, given how he absorbed everything else!

About four hours after lunch, she said, “Okay, you got enough studying in?”

He shrugged, “I think so?”

“Want to go see if Shelby is up for a visit? I can finally see this amazing ‘playhouse’ you told me about?” She smirked, “We should also get her to help you take that makeup off!”

He blushed bright red then, “Sure,” he said. “Let me text her first.”

Connor got a quick response, and he was soon walking beside her across the enormous yard to the smaller house. The temperatures had dropped more, and their breath was freezing as they reached the short door and knocked. It opened a second later, and Shelby waved at them, “Come in!”

Beth looked at the door and skeptically at the physical frame at the level of her nose. Connor looked at her, “You’ll have to duck, I guess?”

She laughed, “Looks that way!”

Beth did duck as she entered the doorframe but was grateful that the ceilings at least were above her head by about half a foot! She noted a ceiling fan that she would need to walk or duck around in the living room. Still, otherwise, she was probably just about as tall of a person as you could be and walk upright through the ‘house.’

“Good thing you’re not any taller,” Shelby told her, apparently agreeing with her thoughts.

“Yeah, but this is really cool! You’re probably the only family of Littles who has their own ‘house’ that can be played off like it’s a play house.”

Shelby shook her head, “I know of a few other people… some friends at school are kind of like us with our parents adopted. This is a richer part of town, so once some other parents saw what Grandma and Grandpa built for us, they had to keep up with them.”

She smirked, “I’m pretty sure ours is the only one that is quite as elaborate, though! Let me give you the tour I gave Connor,” she said.

The three of them navigated through the house, with Beth having to duck under doorways but otherwise able to walk mostly unhindered as long as she watched out for light fixtures. After the tour, Beth suggested they hang out in the living room.

The afternoon by quickly, and just before they returned to the main house for dinner, Connor remembered something. “Can you deactivate this makeup?” He asked Shelby.

“Oh, right!” Shelby said with a giggle, “You probably don’t want to go to classes like that!”

They both watched her dig her tiny phone out of the pocket of her hooded sweatshirt and showed Connor, “So all you need is this app on your phone.”

Connor pulled his own phone out, and she watched as he downloaded the app. ‘Hopefully, none of the guys see he has that app!’ she giggled.

Beth knew the app well. She loved the SkinSync product herself and used it daily. Her favorite thing was that it would stay on indefinitely, and you could easily change the looks when you wanted to. Celebrity-specific looks were sold on an in-app store, and tween and teen magazines regularly had scannable codes you could download free styles with. That morning, she’d spent the most time tweaking it she had in ages before heading downstairs.

“So now that you’re connected, just press deactivate,” she told him, “But stand over here so it’s easier to clean up,” she said first, hurriedly moving him to a hard floor.

Beth watched as he pressed the button and expected to see the annoying cloud of dust that formed when you took the powder off. Instead, she watched Connor spasm like he’d been hit with a taser and scream, “Ow!!!”

“Are you okay?” She found herself asking, concerned as she closed the distance to him.

“It felt like I just zapped every skin cell on my face with a static charge! Is that what happens every time you take it off?” Connor asked as he looked up at her.

Beth shook her head even as she looked down into his face.

The face that was, if anything, glitterier than it had been a moment ago.

“Umm…?” he said, “Why are you staring at me like that?”

She debated breaking it to her new short boyfriend when Shelby said, “I think we need to get Grandma to help.”

Connor pulled up the selfie camera app on his phone and stared at his face, “Crap!”

I SAT STILL while Grandma ran some unknown device over my face and looked at her tablet for results. “I don’t understand why this would happen?” she said.

“I felt a similar jolt when I activated them before?”

“I wonder…” She said and began another rapid session of typing and scanning me.

“Well, that shouldn’t happen…” she said while running her hand through her head.

“What shouldn’t happen?” I found myself asking as Beth joined me in stereo.

“For some reason, it’s like the nanites infused into your skin?”

“Isn’t that how they work?” Beth asked.

Grandma shook her head, “No, these are just meant as a true skin coating like traditional powder makeup. If you had the right equipment, you should be able to peel them and one layer of cells away together? In this case, it’s more like they’ve fused into the dermis as well… Let me get Fred; this may need medical expertise, too.”

I looked at Beth, “What am I going to do if I can’t get this off?”

“I don’t know; I guess we can find you some of the girl’s uniforms?”

While that thought sounded like what I wanted, right then, I was too terrified for that to seem like a good idea and felt my skin blanche. She wrapped me in a hug, “It’ll be okay. There is no one better in the world at programming and understanding nanites than your grandmother.”

“I hope you’re right,” I told her.

Grandpa came in and joined her, looking over the scans. He then came and physically touched my face for a moment and asked her for another tool.

“I don’t know how this could have happened,” he said. “Have you tried changing the look in the app? Maybe you can make it look less like you have makeup on?”

I looked up at him, over at Beth, and then at Grandma, “Are you saying I’m stuck with it on my face?”

“The problem is it isn’t on your face right now… It’s in the skin.”

“How?” Beth asked.

I looked at Grandma, who sighed, “Remember how I had to edit those nanites? Since Connor’s mom was here, we’ve seen many different generations of this technology. His are very much still an older design. Then you add that they’re the customized ones his mom tweaked?” She shook her head, “It would probably take Stacy helping me for a week to figure out exactly how this happened.”

“Will it wear off?” I asked.

He shrugged, “You do replace your skin about every twenty-seven days, so it might come off with that? It depends on how integrated the nanites are. The fact you had your mom’s in you seems to be the problem here. Like your grandmother said, they’re an antiquated version of them now, and I think with your entering the password to allow access, it also decided the ones from the makeup should be integrated?”

Grandma shook her head, “Your mom must have done something else with these. The problem is we can’t ask her over the HoloLink system without others listening in. We know the communications across the dimensional system are heavily monitored. Still, with you being her son, we know they’re even more likely to listen.”

I sighed, “Beth, you know how to work this system?” Shelby had gone home an hour ago to get some sleep since she had school the next day.

She nodded, “Let me see your phone since you synced up to it. Let’s add a password, too, so someone can’t randomly change your look.” Connor saw a look on her face like she’d eaten something disgusting, “I saw that happen to some friends in middle school!”

I shuddered at that, knowing that someone could randomly change my face to look like whatever they wanted it to be...? That would be treacherous at best!

“There!” she said a moment later.

“I didn’t feel anything that time?” I said.

Grandma shrugged, “It worked… at least as well as possible. I’m guessing the jolt you felt before was the integration.”

I used my phone then to look at my face and was relieved that my lips were their typical color and my eyes looked normal, too. I did grimace, though, in that my skin had a certain ‘brushed’ quality that looked like my sisters had put their foundation on. “I still look like I have makeup on?” I said.

“Only if you look really closely,” Beth tried to reassure me. “This is probably the best we’ll get for tomorrow?” She looked at Grandma, who nodded.

“I’ll try and see if I can come up with something else this week,” she told me. “For now, though, you both should probably get some sleep so I can drop you off at school tomorrow before classes.”

I sighed, “Yeah, thanks for trying.”

As I went to bed that night, I made sure I went potty again and then set my alarm early enough that I could swim before we left. I also hoped the earlier wakeup time would lead to a dry Pull-Up. ‘I don’t understand why I was wet this morning!’

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for reading!!! Please press the like button and leave a comment!!!

Also, a SUPER HUGE thank you to everyone who pre-ordered/ordered In-Between on Amazon! If you haven't already, you may find it for sale here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG4W62M6 . If you did purchase it, please press the '5-Star' rating when you can! You don't have to leave a review to do so. (Though that would be so amazingly appreciated!)

I'm giving a bonus chapter Tuesday or Wednesday of this coming week as a thank-you to all of you!!! After that, the next post will likely be Sunday or late Saturday night this week. I have some crazy hours the next month and a half, and postings will vary on days depending on the weeks. It'll be around Thanksgiving probably that I can get back to the Fridays I've been posting.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • BabySofia changed the title to Lights! Camera! ...What?!? - Chapter 48 - 9/9/2023

It seems that Connor's most dangerous opponent will be himself.

Let's face it, he has nanites that are supposed to protect him and he has nothing better to do than to give clearance for nanites that change his appearance.

I bet this zapping is similar to Stacy's which takes "energy" and this time it's not the size of a person but the bubble training.

I bet someone will hack into Connor's app.

Oh this is going to be so incredibly interesting.

Guys wouldn't see this as make up.

But McKenzie will see it.

1 hour ago, Moon3ye said:

It seems that Connor's most dangerous opponent will be himself.

At times this will definitely be true.

1 hour ago, Moon3ye said:

Oh this is going to be so incredibly interesting.

No spoilers, but you're right, it will be interesting! 🙂

Thanks for the comments!

It seems that what Stacy did to her nanites has effected Connors in some way like it effected Camerons too.  I was reading post on last chapter about Addison and her mother and sister, most think that Addison hated her mother for what she did, but she also stilled felt bad because they were her family.  Even Cameron thought that Dani's sentence was to harsh given her only crime was greed and wanting them after what her mother was going to do.  I think that alot of the poeple there are forgeting that Connor was only going to there for 4 months.  I was working on my time line for Stacy and Holly and I feel I have a good idea, Stacy came around the first week of August and school started the last week of August, Holly came around the end of september or first week of October.  I got this by the fact Stacy's first exam was around 4 or 5 weeks after class started and Ivy was called to help out so she could not have gotten Holly yet.  And the terror actack was around the end of January when she took over as the CEO.🙂

Well that was interesting.  Connor might just be forced into getting his wish and become a girl.  Even if the colors of the makeup are more natural, it’s still makeup and is probably pretty noticeable for anyone giving it a bit of scrutiny. Not sure what the cause of him wetting himself might have been but he really needs to be extra careful now.  He has been Lucky twice now with accidents not hitting his chart.  He will end up in diapers full time if any of those ladies wanting to baby him get half a chance. 

Loved the chapter and looking forward to reading more of this awesome story. 

17 hours ago, CDfm said:

He has been Lucky twice now with accidents not hitting his chart.  He will end up in diapers full time if any of those ladies wanting to baby him get half a chance. 

Loved the chapter and looking forward to reading more of this awesome story. 

Very true about their desires there! Thanks for the comments! 🙂

I had to play catch-up and read the last 29 chapters, (long story) Beth and Conner seem to be on a very Dangerous radar and Kelly(?) is at the screen... I have an idea why but I'm gonna wait a bit and see if I'm correct.

I'm loving this story and seeing if the love between Beth and Connor grows. I'm also wondering if Carly will make a return as well...

11 hours ago, Jayme said:

I had to play catch-up and read the last 29 chapters, (long story) Beth and Conner seem to be on a very Dangerous radar and Kelly(?) is at the screen... I have an idea why but I'm gonna wait a bit and see if I'm correct.

I'm loving this story and seeing if the love between Beth and Connor grows. I'm also wondering if Carly will make a return as well...

Thanks for the comments! And thanks for coming along for the ride here! 💜

Next chapter will be tomorrow night! Stay tuned! 🙂

• Like 2

This is a bonus chapter as a thank you to all of you who have supported my writing by purchasing In-Between on Amazon since it was released! Thank you for your support!!!

Chapter 49: Lone Potty

THE NEXT MORNING, I was beyond relieved that I went to bed and woke up with a dry Pull-Up. I had no idea what happened the previous day, and I hoped it was a fluke and wouldn’t happen again!

Grandma dropped Beth off by her dorm while parking in the faculty lot and walking me over to my nest to check back in just as Mackenzie was about to send everyone off to breakfast.

“Oh, hi, Professor! Connor, it’s good to have you back! We miss you on the weekends!”

“Hi, Miss Mackenzie,” I said to her.

“How did he do this weekend?” She asked.

“Just fine. Please go ahead and put those stars on his chart? I emailed you?”

“Very good! I just changed the last boy here; we’re just heading off to breakfast. Sorry, I can’t stay to chat?” she told her.

“No worries, we’re just going to put his stuff away here, and then we’ll see you Friday again?”

“Every week?” She asked.

“I’m making up for nineteen years of missing Grandma time,” she told her.

“I guess I can understand that; this little guy is definitely a cutie!” she said and looked at me. The way she scrunched up her eyes made me wonder if she recognized the slightly odd look my face now had.

Truthfully, I had stared at myself in the mirror for a while that morning, really liking the effect my loose, long hair and the smooth skin had together. The problem was that I worried someone would assume I was intentionally wearing makeup! I watched, a bit shocked, as my nest mates grabbed the ring rope and followed her out like a bunch of preschoolers in line. 

‘What’s that about?’ I wondered. With a sigh, I helped Grandma unload bags and things. She’d bought another large box of my brand of Pull-Ups for me and some bottles of water that she had now marked in a way that, if they were tampered with, would turn green to warn me.

All-in-all, I headed off to class that morning feeling pretty confident that I was in as safe of a position as possible!

Leaving Holo-Field Theory, I was startled when one of the girls in my class said, “Let’s check that diapee and see if you need a change!”

“Huh?” I said.

“Your diapee! I heard all of the Littles in your nests are in them now?”

“I’m in a Pull-Up and planning to hit the bathroom right now?” I added, “And it’s dry!”

She had already pulled down the front of my pants and exposed the Pull-Up to the world then, “So you are! What a cute Pull-Up you’re wearing too! I’ve babysat a lot of baby boys who wear these!”

I sighed, “Can I go now, please?”

“Let’s just make sure you make it okay!” She told me, “I’m Izzy, by the way,” as she gathered me in her arms and carried me not to the men’s restroom but to the women’s!

I was mortified as she sat me down on my feet in a stall and said, “Can you be a big boy and show me how you pull your pants and your big boy undies down?”

“I don’t need your help,” I tried to complain.

“It’s okay if you’re too little for that; I can help?”

I sighed, pulled them down, and then squeaked a yell as she picked me up and sat me on the gigantic potty like a real toddler. “Go potty,” she told me.

I sighed and did my best to go, but I couldn’t with her watching me. “I can’t go while you’re watching!” I complained.

“Keep trying just a little longer for me, baby?” She said.

The bladder did not want to let go, so she said, “Well, that’s okay. I’m sure you can try again later!”

She pulled my Pull-Up and pants back up for me and said, “Let’s still wash our hands for practice!”

Thankfully, she opened the bathroom door for me, and I could peel away from her in the dining hall. I desperately needed to pee by then and was relieved I somehow held it long enough to get into the dining hall bathroom. ‘Maybe a diaper would have been easier…?’ I couldn’t help but think.

I sat down and ate with Amy and Ava a short while later and noted that they looked to have a fair amount of puff out from their bottoms as they sat down. Looking around at the other Littles, I could see it seemed like they did too. “Did something happen over the weekend?” I asked.

“Huh?” Amy asked.

“Am I the only one still in Pull-Ups?” I asked.

Ava looked around and said, “Probably… Almost everyone has gotten caught with the three-per-day or per-week rule at this point. I know several of the last stragglers in the girl’s nest got caught pooping their pants twice Saturday?”

“Oh,” I said.

“The diapers aren’t so bad,” Ava said, blushing deeply. “Honestly, it beats trying to use those gigantic potties they have, and the changing stations have really nice holo-attendants.”

“Mine made me giggle earlier; she was actually treating me like I do when I’m changing my baby sister. It was kind of cute?”

I wanted to throw up then but kept my voice even. “Oh,” I shrugged, “I guess I can see that point of view.”

As I left for my next class, I couldn’t help worrying about what was happening to everyone. I guessed I would inevitably be next and was probably drawing attention because I wasn’t already in diapers like them! In my math class, we discussed some new concepts, and I was glad to have some time to study with Molly afterward in the hopes that two heads are better than one.

Molly was already sitting down in the classroom when I arrived. I pulled my portable booster from my bag, and she said, “Here, I’ll get it for you?”

I looked at her a little skeptically, but she had no problems deciphering the folds required to assemble it and placed it on the chair beside her. I moved towards the chair and was about to climb up when she lifted me up and put me in it instead. “Sorry, I can’t help myself sometimes,” she apologized, realizing what she’d done.

“It’s okay, thanks for understanding. I’m nervous about things like that?”

She nodded, “I guess I can understand that. You’re an exchange student, so you probably weren’t child-sized back home?”

I laughed, “No, I was way above average! I was six-foot-six, back home, and shrank when I came.”

“That’s tall for your dimension?”

“Average male height is under six feet,” I nodded.

“So, most of the people there are Littles?” she asked.

I remembered her major in Portal Physics and felt a little guilty in saying, “Yes, but we don’t think of ourselves like that.”

“No, I guess you wouldn’t. I sometimes wonder if there isn’t a dimension out there where I would be considered a Little.”

I felt my stomach twist at that, “That would be terrifying… I’d be like a child’s doll at best!”

She laughed, “Probably!”

We talked for a while longer before class started, and I was grateful that I seemed to be staying up with an understanding of the material the professor covered. “We still good for a study session?” Molly asked me as she helped me down.

I nodded, “I think so?” I looked at the clock, “I’ve got about an hour till I plan to get dinner?”

“Should be plenty!” She said. “Where do you want to study?”

I thought about public places and said, “See if the library has a study room available?”

“Sure!” she said.

I made an excuse and used the bathroom quickly before we walked out of the building and were blasted with a burst of cold air. “Brrr!!!” I complained as I pulled my coat tighter around my body and zipped it up.

She agreed, “I heard it’s supposed to get colder this week, too, and maybe snow later this week!”

“Ugh!” was all I said to that.

We signed into a study room and began going through notes and problems in the materials we’d been given by the professor. There were a few things she didn’t understand that I helped her with, and then she helped me with a few things, too. “You’re a great study partner!” she told me as we parted ways at the dining hall.

“So are you,” I told her. “See you Wednesday!”

“See you, cutie,” she said.

I blushed but tuned it out as I entered the dining hall. I saw Mackenzie standing near the entrance, “Well, hi you!” she said to me. “I was beginning to think you were avoiding us?”

I shook my head, “Just been busy. Was studying with a classmate in the library for a bit? I messaged you?”

“Oh?”

I nodded, “Her name is Molly; she’s in my Math class.”

“Hmm…” she said. “Just studying?”

I laughed, “Just studying! She’s the only one besides me in the class that seems to be getting things. We’re helping each other stay on top of that, though.”

“Well, let me know if she gets pushy or something?”

“Umm… sure?”

“Now, I do need to check you?”

“Does it have to be here?” I asked in front of everyone.

“Do you have something to hide?”

I sighed, “Nope.”

BETH SAT ON a booth seat on the other side of the room but could clearly see Connor’s pants being pulled down. She could see the blue of the Pull-Up from where she sat and shook her head. “What’s wrong?” Livy asked her.

“Oh, just watching the diaper check that Mackenzie is forcing Connor to endure in front of everyone.”

“Oh, is he wearing diapers now too?” Reila asked nervously.

“No, I can see the Pull-Up from here though.”

“Nothing he can do about it,” Reila said. “He’s probably the only one wearing Pull-Ups at this point. I think everyone else got put in diapers this weekend.”

“What happened?” Beth asked.

“No clue? We watched about a quarter roll into lunch on Saturday, only wearing a onesie top and a diaper. By yesterday, all of them seemed to be wearing thicker padding?” Reila said.

“I think I heard something about a Little movie night on Friday?” Livy said quietly.

“Oh…” Beth said. “Good thing Connor wasn’t here?”

“Maybe...? He’s going to seem like more of a challenge now, that might be worse,” Reila said.

“True…” she said worriedly.

Right as she said that Connor was coming towards them with food, Beth couldn’t help herself with the enormous smile she gave him. “Hi,” she said.

His smile was just as wide as he said, “Hey, can I join you?”

His face still had that smoothed-over look, and she noted it made him more attractive to her as she said, “Of course!” Beth scooted over to make room for him to sit his booster on the seat next to her and climbed up.

Beth couldn’t help herself as she gave him a sideways squeeze, “You have a good day?” She asked him.

“Mostly?” He said. “You?”

“Yeah, someone helped me enough this weekend that I didn’t feel completely lost in classes today.” She smiled down at him, and he smiled just as brightly back.

Livy made a face, and Beth hoped she could avoid answering questions until later. Seeing she was about to ask, she mouthed, ‘Later’ to her.

Livy raised an eyebrow but nodded.

The four talked about things that stayed entirely from conversations about disposable underpants for the rest of the meal. Beth thought awkward discussions were at a close, but Reila asked, “So what did you two do all weekend?”

Beth looked to see what Connor would say and noticed that the blush showed through, even with the makeup effect on his face. “Went to a birthday party?” He offered.

“Birthday party?” Livy asked curiously.

“My… cousin had her fifty-fourth birthday party?”

“A party for being fifty-four?” Reila asked.

“More like her thirty-third, ‘first’ birthday party?” Beth suggested?

“Oh, she’s a Little?” Livy asked nervously.

“Yeah,” Connor said.

“So, what did you two do while the babies played?” Reila asked nervously.

“Sort of babysat? Met my relatives… swam?” Connor said.

“What is it with you and swimming?” Livy asked.

“He’s a dolphin,” Beth smirked, squeezing his hand underneath the table.

“What?” Reila snorted.

“Long story, going back to my mom’s time here,” Connor said.

Fortunately for them, Mackenzie interrupted, “Hi girls, I hope you don’t mind, but I need to take Connor back to the Nest?”

“It’s only five-thirty?” Connor asked.

“Unfortunately, while you were out, some things happened, and the Nest has an earlier bedtime the rest of this week, sweetie.”

“Oh,” Connor said. “So, I can’t study when I get back?”

“You’ll have a few minutes, but not much time tonight, sorry.”

Connor looked stricken by that, but at least Beth knew he should be okay for his Tuesday classes from the weekend. He looked up at her, “Guess I’ll see you all later,” he sighed.

Mackenzie didn’t really wait for him to be ready; she picked him up and sat him on the ground, handed him his booster to fold away, grabbed the tray of food he’d finished, and prodded him to the entry area where Beth could see a whole bunch of nests all holding onto the babyish ring line leashes.

“What the hell happened over the weekend?” Beth asked them.

I CLUNG TO the pink ring of the rope and followed as we all took turns going up the elevator to the nests. I could smell more than a few filled diapers around me, and the stench going up the elevator was pretty intense!

From how they fidgeted, I thought I could tell five of the other members of my nest were in a messy diaper.

There was a big sigh from everyone as we reached the room and were told, “You can let go now, boys.”

I let go and moved towards the bathroom to go pee. “Where are you going, Connor?” Grayson asked.

“Bathroom?” I said.

“What? Aren’t you wearing yours like the rest of us?” Jack asked.

“Huh?” I asked.

“Wait, Miss Mackenzie, how come Connor isn’t in a diaper?!?” Grayson asked, clearly pissed off about something.

“Huh?” she asked, looking up from the changing table where she was changing Liam.

“Connor isn’t wearing diapers?!?” he pushed.

“No? He hasn’t lost his potty privileges yet?”

“But…?”

“Grayson, I’m sorry that Connor is a big boy and you’re not? But you don’t need to pick on him?”

“I’m not…?” Grayson protested.

“Do you need to go to a time-out?”

I looked over at him. I could see he was so angry, but I watched him shake his head, “No, Miss Mackenzie.”

“Connor, go ahead and use the potty. Come see me when you’re done so I can ensure you’re still clean and dry!”

“Yes, Miss Mackenzie,” I told her and walked into the bathroom. When I used the toilet, I couldn’t help but think I was now the only one using them from what they had said. It kind of scared me the way they had reacted. I felt my blood grow cold as I feared the jealousy from them could cause me more problems!

I flushed, washed my hands, and found Mackenzie waiting by the door. “Let’s just pull those pants off since you just need to put on your jammies anyway.”

I blushed as the Pull-Up was displayed to everyone. The sides were fraying a little bit from having been worn all day, but the indicators were still showing as unused. “What a good boy!” she told me. “Since you used the potty, let’s go ahead and get your night diapee on, though, and those jammies.” She called out louder, “Fifteen minutes till lights out, my little kits!”

I sat at my desk a few minutes later while she changed everyone else and tried to review my notes for Screenwriting for the morning. I was done with the assignment due on Thursday, so I was sketching out some notes for the next project.

Logan approached me, “Sorry about Grayson, we had a rough weekend…”

“What happened?” I asked, noting that Mackenzie had Grayson’s feet over his head and was wiping his bottom.

“We had a movie night Friday, and everyone was kind of woozy afterward. Some of us were afraid there was some hidden hypnosis in it…?” I felt my blood chill then.

“I’m guessing there was?”

He nodded, “Must have been; by the end of Sunday, all of us had at least two messy accidents in a day or hit the wet accident count to land ourselves into diapers.”

“Ouch, I’m sorry?”

He shrugged, “Personally, I always figured it was a matter of time? Anyway, about ten people from other nests staged a walkout protest yesterday. Let’s just say they’re gone, and now we’re all stuck with additional evening restrictions.”

“That…” I was about to say when Mackenzie walked over.

“Time for beddy-bye boys; hop into your pods!”

I looked at the clock and realized it was ninety minutes earlier than usual. Climbing into the pod, I grimaced that with everything going on this weekend, I’d never had a chance to do anything about the SleepTight device inside. ‘Hopefully, my nanites keep it at bay a little longer?’ I thought to myself.

Even as I thought that, though, I was out like a light!

Thank you for reading!!! Please press the like button and leave a comment!!! I love seeing readers guess where things are going!

Also, a SUPER HUGE thank you to everyone who pre-ordered/ordered In-Between on Amazon! If you haven't already, you may find it for sale here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG4W62M6 . If you did purchase it, please press the '5-Star' rating when you can! You don't have to leave a review to do so. (Though that would be so amazingly appreciated!)

I am now in a crazy stretch at work until Thanksgiving of 6 day work weeks, so I may have a very uneven posting schedule. This week I think I'll be able to post late on Saturday. The next week will have to be on Sunday. I apologize for the lack of consistency, but my hours are long right now! Thanks for your patience! 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • BabySofia changed the title to Lights! Camera! ...What?!? - Chapter 49 - 9/13/2023 (Bonus Chapter)

Wow what a very pleasant surprise.  I thought we already got the bonus chapter for book sales.  Far be it from me to complain about that though.  I will take any bonus chapter I can get.  
I was expecting more of a reaction from MacKenzie since her initial reaction to seeing the new Connor.  It  seemed to indicate she believed something had changed but couldn’t quite put her finger on it. I guess she was simply overwhelmed with all her new responsibilities since the movie on Friday night.  I still expect more of a reaction to come. I am concerned the jealousy of the other littles is going to become a problem for Connor.  It also seems like the bigs have lost some restraint since they learned the littles are now all diapered. Connor’s struggles continue to mount and everything is working against him.  I wonder what the new bedtime is going to do to his grades.  I hope there’s not a big drop. 
I am looking forward to seeing more. 

1 hour ago, TerranV said:

Well Connor was saved for another weekend. Littles going down hard in the meantime.

Things are definitely not working for them like they should... Thanks for the comments!

24 minutes ago, CDfm said:

Wow what a very pleasant surprise.  I thought we already got the bonus chapter for book sales.  Far be it from me to complain about that though.  I will take any bonus chapter I can get.  

Between pre-orders and the orders on the first day I hit 20, so that was 2 bonus chapters 🙂 Appreciate all of the supporters out there!

25 minutes ago, CDfm said:

I was expecting more of a reaction from MacKenzie since her initial reaction to seeing the new Connor.  It  seemed to indicate she believed something had changed but couldn’t quite put her finger on it. I guess she was simply overwhelmed with all her new responsibilities since the movie on Friday night.  I still expect more of a reaction to come. I am concerned the jealousy of the other littles is going to become a problem for Connor.  It also seems like the bigs have lost some restraint since they learned the littles are now all diapered. Connor’s struggles continue to mount and everything is working against him.  I wonder what the new bedtime is going to do to his grades.  I hope there’s not a big drop. 
I am looking forward to seeing more. 

Thanks for the comments here as well! 🙂

Wow the Littles went down fast over the weekend. I wonder if the Hypnosis effects Bigs, like has the night light effected Neveah, did the Hypnosis on movie night effect her too? Though I don't think it matters when it comes to her potty training, I don't think she's used the big girl potty since she's been back in diapers. I don't think she's been allowed the potty due to her amount of accidents in her diaper long before the weekend. I don't think she even got close to wearing training pants during the day. I do wonder how her classes have been and how her teachers and classmates reacted to her the first day of class and since then. I'm betting her nest mother adopts her lol. She's probably already being breastfed. 

Connors nest mates are not going to be happy and I have a feeling his nest mother is going to do something stupid, especially once she finds out he's dating Beth. 

Speaking of Beth, if and when word gets out that she's dating a Little, especially if he's been moved to the girl's nest due to the makeup incident, things will definitely escalate for her, not that it's not already bad with Kelly targeting her.

22 hours ago, Moon3ye said:

I think now the "funny" part of the adventures in DD begins.

Thanks for the comments! 😈

16 hours ago, BobbyDrago said:

I think the nanites have reset and they are no longer protecting him from hypnosis.

Thanks for the comment! 🙂

16 hours ago, Guilend said:

Wow the Littles went down fast over the weekend.

Yes they did... Connor may have picked the wrong semester...?

16 hours ago, Guilend said:

I do wonder how her classes have been and how her teachers and classmates reacted to her the first day of class and since then. I'm betting her nest mother adopts her lol. She's probably already being breastfed. 

Probably a good bet by now. She makes some other cameo appearances, but I unfortunately can't see into her day-to-day life much. 🤷‍♀️🤣

12 hours ago, Jayme said:

Maybe Connor and Grandma can get together and brainstorm (program) a firewall or block to hypnosis?

Thanks for the comment! 🙂

5 hours ago, Princessamaryllis said:

Conner having trouble with his nest mates could lead to him moving in with his nest mother. Then it’s only a short hop to Carly staying there a lot longer than planned. 

Thanks for the comments! 🙂

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BabySofia said:

but I unfortunately can't see into her day-to-day life much. 🤷‍♀️🤣

I mean Connor could end up becoming Carly and get moved to her nest ot Beth finally ending up in her nest. Or I can move into her nest just to be able to, um, keep an eye on her. I probably wouldn't get much school work done though lol.

5 hours ago, BabySofia said:

Yes they did... Connor may have picked the wrong semester...?

Na, it had to be this one or he wouldn't be his mother's son. He has a legacy to fill, and a destiny to fulfill. His family's name must go on in the minds of students at this school. 

Chapter 50: Sticking Out

BETH AND HER friends had all quietly shared their observations of horror when they realized the Littles were all in trouble for something.

“Beth, why don’t we get out of here?” Reila suggested. “I really don’t like some of the looks we’re getting.”

Beth hated to admit it, but it felt like there was a sudden discomfort for her, with now being the shortest people in the room. It seemed like most of the other Tweeners were all getting the same idea and heading out, too.

Just before she got to her dorm, her phone buzzed, and she looked at it.

Heads up, you have guests in your room. They’re safe but need to talk with you; call us afterward. 
 Love,

Dad

“What the hell?” asked aloud.

“Huh?” Livy responded.

“Something else is happening in my room, but my parents are okay with it.”

“Do you want us to come with you?” Reila asked, even as Beth could tell she wanted nothing of the sort.

She shook her head, “No, Dad says it’s safe…”

Both of them gave her quick hugs and split off as she came to her room where her door was open, and she found Penelope, President Barnes, and… Amanda?!?

“Umm… Hi? Can I help you?”

“Good evening, Miss Sylvester. I’m glad we caught you,” Barnes said.

“Umm… okay?”

Amanda took over, “Your parents asked me to be here for this meeting,” she told her. “Since I’m a professor here and a family friend.”

“What’s going on?” She asked.

“The incident at the end of last week has your parents understandably concerned in regards to pranks going too far…” He started.

“Pranks?!?” She hissed but kept her voice reasonable. “Someone is making a really good attempt to run me out of here!”

Amanda said, “Yes, I would say we are well past prank status here, Ryan.”

He looked at her, and Beth suddenly understood that Amanda may have been even more invaluable of an ally than her father was. She couldn’t imagine many people calling the university president by his first name. She rarely even heard a simple ‘Doctor Barnes’ being used!

“Perhaps you are right; I shouldn’t have worded it that way… Be it whatever it is, it’s clear that you are being bullied by someone. We have investigated multiple people, but whoever has hacked into our systems and allowed the previous student access to your room or student records this past time is so far unknown. Your parents made what I would consider a bit of an… unusual… request in having a HoloAssistant for you.”

“I don’t…”

“Need one? Yes, I’m guessing you don’t. But I think they want someone who can monitor your room while you’re out? And, let’s be honest, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind having something to clean up and do laundry for you?” He shook his head, “I sure would have when I was single…?” He sighed, “Anyway, it’s approved, and I’ll leave that to Amanda here to set up. I do want to say with Penelope present, any further incidents will not be tolerated by others. We will get to the bottom of who’s behind these issues.”

“I promise there won’t be a repeat of what you dealt with when Desi came,” Penelope said. “We’ve met with all of the R.D.s and made everyone aware of this while dealing with other problems. They’ve all been told that if anything happens, it goes directly to me or President Barnes.”

“What about Tracy?” Beth asked.

She shrugged, “From what we can tell, she was just following policy. She received the notification that you were having potty issues and were required to wear protection at all times. Students in that situation in a regular dorm are required to stay in on weekends and not attend parties or off-campus.”

Beth just shrugged, “If you’re sure…” She paused before saying, “I guess thank you for your help and for coming by,” she said.

“You’re welcome,” they said, and soon it was just Amanda and her in the room.

“I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, Beth,” she told her. “I’m currently looking more into the records hacking myself; hopefully, I’ll have more luck than they’ve had so far.”

“Thanks,” Beth said.

“Anyway, it’s time to introduce you to R.A.C.H.E.L.!”

She watched as Amanda pushed a button on an emitter setup that she appeared to have physically attached to a wall. A tall woman about Amanda’s height suddenly appeared. “Hello, I am R.A.C.H.E.L., your new Robotic Assistant for Childcare, Housekeeping, Education, and Learning!” She looked at Amanda, “I believe you must be my owner?”

“No, Rachel, this is Beth. She is your owner.”

The assistant looked down at her and said, “Oh, are you in need of special care for some reason?”

Beth wanted to slap the A.I. but said, “No, I need someone to ensure nothing happens to me when I’m in my room. I’ve been dealing with attempts to attack my maturity and need you to guard the room and defend me should anyone try and say I’m having potty problems.”

“That will be no problem at all, Beth! I’m also happy to help if you do have potty problems! Changing diapers or guiding you to potty times is well within my programming.”

“That will not be necessary,” Amanda told the A.I. “Beth is an adult, and you will treat her as such. Only she or I may change that status with a verbal command verified by the other person.”

“Yes, ma’am,” the A.I. said. “In the meantime, I suppose I can help clean up around here, too? It looks like your room hasn’t been dusted or deep-cleaned in some time?”

“Sure, Rachel, that would be fine, just don’t throw away any of my things without asking me first,” she added. She remembered one time an A.I. back home had thrown away a set of pages she’d been coloring as a kid. The last thing she wanted was for the A.I. to throw away a project or her homework!

Amanda hugged Beth, “I know this seems a bit over the top, but I’ve added some additional programming here to help protect you. Hopefully, this all dies down soon.”

“If it doesn’t?” Beth asked.

“You know you’re not a Little; you could come live with us and commute?” she suggested.

“That’s a long commute each day?”

“I did it for many years, and it’s a pain, but you have Luxuria service anyway, right?”

Beth nodded, “I’ll think about it.”

“By the way, you are coming back to our place next weekend.”

“I am?”

“You are! How else will you get to hang out with your boyfriend?”

“How…?” She wanted to ask, but Amanda was already out the door.

“Guess we don’t have to worry about telling her!” She thought.

Rachel was occupying herself and taking a fair amount of space in the room as she noiselessly found every speck of dust and straightened her room. Beth sighed, ignoring her, and got to studying. She’d been given many practice problems and reading to do and knew she needed to get to it!

I WOKE UP to the hands of Mackenzie, massaging my back as she sat me down on the changing table. “Good morning, Sweetie,” she said with a smile, “I assume you still want to go swimming?”

I nodded, “Please, and thanks! I didn’t know if I would still be allowed?”

“You weren’t here over the weekend; I hated even making you have the early bedtime last night. But that’s effective for every Little for the next two weeks.”

I grimaced, “That’s going to make it hard to find time to study.”

“If it’s something really important, tell me, and I’ll try and find a way out like we did the other night,” she told me. “Now, let’s check on your diaper. So far, you’re the only one staying dry in the entire dorm!”

She pulled the zipper down, and I could certainly feel a full bladder. “Still good!” she smiled. “Let’s get you on the potty so you can stay that way.”

The morning repeated what we had been doing until I got out of the pool, and another nest mother was coming in. “Why’s he down here? They’re all grounded!” she hissed.

“Connor wasn’t on campus this weekend; he literally had nothing to do with it all.”

“Kenzie, you need to be smart with this…” she almost growled, “You both could get in trouble?”

“My nest, my rules,” she said. “I don’t say anything about what you do with yours?”

There was a bit of a staring contest, but she stopped arguing, and Mackenzie took me upstairs to shower while she did the same. When I was finished and ready to get dressed, I couldn’t find any of my Pull-Ups! I kept the towel wrapped around me until she came out, “Where are my Pull-Ups?”

She grimaced, “Sorry, Connor, but I have to keep track of Pull-Ups for everyone wearing them… which is only you now. Let me get it for you.” I watched her actually have to unlock a cabinet and pull one out. “Come here. I want to take care of this before I wake the others up.”

She picked me up and stood me on the changing table, pulling the blue garment up my legs and leaving it where I was proudly displaying the childish garment to the world. I thought she would let me down, but she said, “Lay down for just a second for me here?”

I complied, and for a moment, I wondered why I was lying down like I was having a diaper change, but she dug out something and pushed an odd little plastic ribbon to the Pull-Up. She kept her hand holding me down, gently dug her phone out, and waved it over the device. There was a beep from her phone, and I watched her type for a second.

“What’s that?” I asked her.

“Insurance,” she told me.

“Huh?” I asked.

“Don’t worry about it... hopefully, you won’t need to worry about it.”

“That’s not a good way to get me to not worry about it,” I grumbled as I walked back to my desk and decided to take advantage of the hour of waking up the others to study!

At one point, my attention was drawn to the potty chart wall, and I felt myself double-take as I realized it was bare except one chart.

Mine!

As the guys were getting up and taking their turns with diaper changes, I couldn’t help but note glares directed at me.

Jack was getting changed, “Where did our potty charts all go?”

“In the recycling bin,” Mackenzie said as she held his feet in the air, “none of you are going to be using a big-boy potty until at least summer at this point.”

“That’s not fair!” he complained. “It’s supposed to be after so many weeks! They just talked about that again recently!”

“Sorry baby, those are the new rules after your friends were bad the other day.”

“But something you all showed us made us have accidents…? It had to have been that movie!”

“We were there and watched the same movie?” Mackenzie told him, “I know you, Littles, have urban legends about us magically taking your potty training away, but sometimes you have to just accept you aren’t ready for the potty. It’s okay. We’ll be happy to change your diapers here and at the changing stations! Plus, think about how much time you won’t have to waste leaving classes to find a potty you can reach!”

As Jack walked away from the table in his uniform, it was clear he was not happy about any of it!

I felt daggers in my back as I used the bathroom again before we left for breakfast, and Mackenzie checked my Pull-Up and announced, ‘What a big boy!’

I was relieved when I saw Beth and Cassie sitting at a table, “Can I join you guys?” I asked.

“Sure,” Cassie said. She smirked, “I think someone would be grumpy if I said no,” and nodded towards Beth.

I smiled at Beth, who I slid beside after putting together my booster. She gave me a quick sideways hug and said, “We’re going to have to find other places to get together… I just need to vent; last night sucked!”

“Tell me about it,” I told her, “I’m the only Little still in Pull-Ups.”

“The only one?!?” She hissed.

I nodded, “Mackenzie tore down everyone else’s potty charts after we went to bed last night! I’m a little nervous about some of the glares I was getting.”

“Be careful,” Cassie said, “I’ve heard of nests getting catty before.”

Beth nodded, “Well, at least you don’t have a full-time holographic nanny looking over your shoulders in your room?”

“I just have a real one, unfortunately,” I told her.

She nodded with a sigh, “You’re right.”

“What do you mean by that?” Cassie asked.

Beth filled us both in on her holo-protector nanny, and I did feel a bit bad for her if anyone found out about it. “At least as long as she’s in your room, you should be safe,” Cassie said.

I nodded.

I looked at my phone, “I guess I need to head to class.”

“I’ll walk with you out,” Beth said with a smile. When we had left the building, I walked closely beside her. If we were the same height, I would have reached over to try and hold her hand, but given our height differences, I was afraid that would be weird.

Instead, she took her hand and rubbed my shoulder as we walked. When we reached a path we needed to split off, she said, “Have a good class. I’ll try and catch you for lunch?”

I nodded, “I have to leave early for that seminar.”

“I’ll get there right after this class,” she smiled.

“Great!” I said and walked to my screenwriting class.

“Good morning!” Doctor Gibney said to us a short while later. “Today, we will discuss some of the nuances of stage directions in a script. Many times…”

I took notes and paid attention to examples from our professor as the lecture went on. I noticed that there seemed to be a good chunk of the class skipping that day, which, given the project being due on Thursday, I assumed meant they were mainly concerned with that. To my great joy, Kelly was one of my absent classmates!

At the end of class, he said, “I’ve received completed scripts from just one of you so far. Make sure you have those done by Thursday! If you want to have a chance of your script being filmed, I recommend having it in on Wednesday by midnight. I know they’ll discuss how they choose scripts in the film class this afternoon.” He smiled, “If no one has any questions, we’ll end class a few minutes early today!”

I was helped down and packing things up when he approached me, “Connor, I am really impressed with your script. I’m hopeful one of the groups here will film it, maybe even yours?”

“I’d like to think so, but we’ll see what happens?” I told him.

“I have a feeling yours will get made one way or another. Good work!”

“Thanks,” I said.

I talked casually with some classmates but exited quickly and found the bathroom. I used it and then again noted the thing Mackenzie had attached to the front of my Pull-Up. ‘I’ll have to look it up later,’ I thought.

BETH WAS GRATEFUL that her Signals and Systems class was improving for her now that she’d spent some time studying with Connor. Being woken up by Rachel instead of an alarm clock this morning had been an unexpected surprise. The holographic aid shook her shoulder gently like her mom and dad used to do to get her up back home instead of her alarm clock going off. ‘Still do,’ she thought, a little embarrassed.

Three Littles were in her class, and she knew they stuck together to help each other. As they’d been waiting for class, she’d listened to a conversation.

“I’m telling you, it had to have been the movie Friday night?” the one girl said.

“The nest mothers were with us!” one of the boys replied.

“Maybe they were wearing protective contacts?” the girl replied.

“Maybe… I still think it’s something else. They added those nightlight things to the Pods this semester... Do you think it could be them?” The third member of their group said.

One thing was clear to Beth: there was a definite push for getting the Littles into diapers, and it had seemingly succeeded for everyone but one Little at this point. As far as she knew, this was the worst problem Littles had in about ten years. If she’d known things would deteriorate again so rapidly for them, she might have stayed home for school!

She arrived at lunch in time to see Connor try and sit down with a group of Littles, and they all stood up and left like some middle school kids bullying another one.

“What the hell?” she swore quietly. “Those jackasses!”

She could see in his posture he was definitely affected. “Hey Connor, I need to get some food of my own. Can I leave my bag here?” She said to him.

The fact that his face lit up at her presence made her smile.

“Sure, of course, Beth!” he said. “Unless you want to move to a taller table?”

He was sitting at one of the Mid-sized tables. You could sit there okay as a Little, a Tweener was comfortable, and a Big would be like squeezing into a first-grade chair. She was small enough that the table was more than okay, “This one is fine; be right back!”

When she returned with her food, she found Connor having a tense conversation with a boy a bit larger than him, and she felt her emotions rise that anyone would pick on her boyfriend!

Thank you for reading!!! Please press the like button and leave a comment!!! I love seeing readers guess where things are going!

I decided this week's post would be early this morning where I live. Next week will definitely be on Sunday sometime in the afternoon my time if I had to guess. Thanks for your patience!

Remember In-Between is now available on Amazon! If you haven't already, you may find it for sale here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG4W62M6 . If you did purchase it, please press the '5-Star' rating when you can! You don't have to leave a review to do so. (Though that would be so amazingly appreciated!) All of my books except this one are now available on Amazon Kindle!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • BabySofia changed the title to Lights! Camera! ...What?!? - Chapter 50 - 9/16/2023

I'm really excited about what's going to happen.

Will someone manage to hack RACHEL and get Beth in trouble?

What is the current deal with the Littles?

Why so extreme apparently?

Is Venture back?

Oh this is all going to get really exciting.

This description: "Robotic Assistant for Childcare, Housekeeping, Education, and Learning!" really worries me.

Why Childcare?

Yes, to make the name RACHEL, I realize.

But couldn't Amanda have removed that part of the programming in the first place?

So that the instruction to treat Beth like an adult didn't have to be specifically mentioned again?

That's definitely going to cause problems.

Also, this "verbal command" for changing Beth's maturity sounds good at first, but is there any real protection that only Amanda and Beth can give these verbal commands?

Could this part of the programming be changed so that, for example, Tracy has access to it, goes in to Beth and gives RACHEL appropriate commands?

You have remained extra daring with the AI. Therefore I expect the worst, what will be done with the AI.

A security e.g. the change of the program code only by a common confirmation of Amanda and Beth is possible, so the hacking becomes more difficult, would be good.

Or besides the verbal command-receipt the iris has to be scanned plus some kind of command code.

Also curious how Connor is doing now.

In the end he is punished because the other Littles couldn't keep or show their maturity.

Now it's just interesting to see how much he suffers, both from the Amazon RAs and the other Littles.

If I were Connor, I'd be like, "How can I help it if I have better cards for spiritual survival in this dimension?

Even if he knew he had nanites, I would have given Amanda direct access to it as a grandmother, so she could monitor me through it, so she could see if something was happening.

The tension is so thick in the air you can cut it with a knife. Both Connor and Beth need to be extra vigilant. I do think that the few things they have going for them are:

Each other

Weekends away from the school

Amanda

Beths parents

R A C H E L (just need to ensure that C doesn’t override the other programming)

Finally their intelligence. 

Now reading this chapter I was once again a little surprised that MacKenzie still didn’t notice the change in Connor’s looks.  Again she could have been more concerned with the device she put on his pull-up and wasn’t paying attention. I still think she has to notice that and make an issue of it. 

I really enjoyed the update and am so looking forward to the next. 

• BabySofia changed the title to Lights! Camera! ...What?!? - Chapter 112 - 5/10/24