LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Four Pounds

Yesterday I spent over 9 hours in a Betterdry diaper.  The back of the package says absorbency is 35 ounces.  To put that in perspective, one cup of liquid is 8 ounces.  When I took off my totally soaked diaper I couldn't believe how heavy it was.  Just for fun I decided to put it on the postal scale.  Over four pounds! Figuring a gallon of water weights eight pounds, half a gallon would weigh 4 pounds!  That's around 64 ounces of liquid!  Sure, the actual dry diaper weighs a little, so take off a few ounces.  That still works out close to 60 ounces of urine in my diaper! 

I realize that the company doesn't expect a person to stay in the same diaper all day when they post 35 ounces on their package, but I was happy at the results!  It's one reason that Betterdry is my go-to premium diaper.  True, I did have some Gary waterproof pants over it and a snap crotch onesie to help hold it up, but no leaks (although it couldn't have lasted much longer).  I expect Mega Max and maybe a few other brands would beat Betterdry's weight and capacity.  Anyone else curious enough to actually weigh their wet diaper when they change just to see in numbers how much it held?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I was in a Megamax for a similar time.   I had to run down to SC to get some bees I had ordered so I diapered up for the trim.   I spent the day in the same diaper getting the hives ready, etc... and didn't change out of it until right before a rather late dinner.

• Like 1

"oz" has two meanings one is weight and the ohter is volume. 1 cup, 8 fl oz if a measure of voume as demonstrated by using "fl oz", the "fl" stands for "fluid". So, 35 "oz" probably means fluid oz. This was calculated by using fresh water.  Depending on the liquid, your mileage may vary

• Like 1

When i worked in a care home we had to weigh the pads and nappies before and after use for a continence advisers report to work out the 'correct' ( cheapest ) the home could get away with !

Maly.

I am sure, with some of the diapers I have pushed to the max, that they hit that mark, or more ??

Abena M4's, and bettedrys , a few mega maxes, molicares.... A few of them I have peeled off and they weighed a TON! I was amazed!! I tend to get the most out if what I am using, so no surprise I wear till they are full or they leak. Even the Seni supers I wear take a beating and are pushed to the limit, and weigh a LOT when I finally change...

I would Love to be able to afford the Mega Max, I got a couple samples and I aam hurting the one I have. I could not fill it up just over a 12 hr pee. I guess I just didn't drink enough that night . They are a very comfortable diaper. I still make my overnight diapers, I will use a mix but an XL of a cheap diaper then 3-4 thrift store inserts and a baby topper, and I will make it to a 4 pound pee over my night/morning. My nite is 3am till I get up noon, insomniac ..... But mine get heavy, I have learned to wear a pair of nylon type underwear over the diaper then a cloth baby diaper inside of my plastic pants to soak up the leakage when it happens. 

9 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

I would Love to be able to afford the Mega Max, I got a couple samples and I aam hurting the one I have. I could not fill it up just over a 12 hr pee. I guess I just didn't drink enough that night . They are a very comfortable diaper. I still make my overnight diapers, I will use a mix but an XL of a cheap diaper then 3-4 thrift store inserts and a baby topper, and I will make it to a 4 pound pee over my night/morning. My nite is 3am till I get up noon, insomniac ..... But mine get heavy, I have learned to wear a pair of nylon type underwear over the diaper then a cloth baby diaper inside of my plastic pants to soak up the leakage when it happens. 

That sounds like a VERY good system you got going on buddy!??☺️?♥️?? Congrats!????♥️??

10 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

That sounds like a VERY good system you got going on buddy!??☺️?♥️?? Congrats!????♥️??

Thanks, I did have a really really good find a month ago at a second hand store. I got 5 bags I think, of Northshore for $4 a bag, they wear the better ones of there's . But not the Mega Max. I will never get that again, I am Horting them maybe one night a week. I got there a few mins to late to get all they had, a lady was leaving she had 3-4 bags. I found the shipping printout in one box, and the full order was $350. I could not believe it.

• Like 1

I've weighed my soaked and messy MegaMax diapers and they are just shy of 7 pounds.   It really doesn't seem like a lot until it's the diaper that you are wearing. 

4 pounds for an only wet Better Dry is a pretty wet diaper.   I  always try to get the most out of my diapers.

Yup! Hit that mark. Put on a betterdry last night, and....well this morning it was pretty soaked, but gave it a morning flood anyways. Then, when I (finally) changed, I remembered this thread, and decided to weight the poor sodden thing....just shy of 5 pounds!!!! Now I didn't weight it dry, sooooo I'd say it was in the 4 pound range. It didn't seem that way though. It felt ok, wasn't leaking, but it was sagging a bit in my pajama pants, which is why I decided to change before going out. 

I'll have to remember to do that more often with the others I use. Just curious about how much a Seni or an ABU sdk weighs after I'm done.