LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

dream plastic pants

My dream plastic pants would be the vip/gerber vinyl but shaped and sized by comco with the comco elastics. I am having trouble finding pants that are still big and poofy unless I go up a size then the elastics are loose. Gary even seems to have cut back on the fullness of their pants, but I guess it was for cost cutting. Since vip and comco have gone away this will be just a dream. Whats your dream plastic pants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do not like the gerber material as it feels like sandpaper The best are the Gary, followed by the Rearz. Also Fetware and Potex may have soemthing you lik in terms of sizing. In the case of Gary, available from Fetwear, LL Medico and Mountain View they have overlapping sizin, this if you have a 36" waist, you may fit into a small, medium, large or extral large. The gariy's and Rearz are full cut. Protex sells something called "I Can't Believe It's Not Gerber II" but it is made of smooth material They only someowhdat grainy materials I know of are Babykins and Lang, which I cannot find

For more information go to my signature and use the RUBBER PANTIES'R'US link. That has the most info you can find in one place. You might use the "Shop" in the contents

@wetbedmoThose sound like they could be nice plastic pants, the Gerber/Comco made. 
On sizing, you could have plastic pants custom made just how you want them to fit. You can order up a size, or 2, but have the waist and legs fit to your size. Mountain View can do that, https://www.plastic-pants.com/  There are others like Kins, https://www.babykins.com/ who will custom size as well. 

I’m not sure I have any one “dream” type plastic pants anymore. I’ve collected so many, from many different makers over the years now. I have lots of favorites though, Comco was one. 
Some I would still like to find are, ones like the early plastic pants. The ones that came after WWII. They were transparent, but had a brownish tint. 
7B5CD20F-4777-41B0-AF3B-59A1F9F70A16.jpeg

Another type I wish I could find, are the printed type. Oh I don’t mean all the ones you can find now. But the old time juvenile prints.B349E658-B139-407B-8920-811C15809B53.jpeg

There use to be a company that made these types in adult sizes. Just like the photo. I have some, but they are a little tight. I wish I could find more like them, in the proper sizing. I think it was Karen’s Kids, Edley Lang? Later sold to Lifestyles Emporium, Lang pants.

Thanks for your input, I know all about most of the companies you talked about. I have some pants from rearz that I got from protex and the i cant believe Its not gerber are made by gary just rebranded. I would like your input on fetware. They seem to have thier own line, some say made in america some say made in america by gary. Do you know anything about this? Also I dont think the gerber vinyl is that scratchy, but I know what you mean, I had some pants that had thick stiff plastic and the texture was deep and yes they did feel like sandpaper. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

@wetbedmoThose sound like they could be nice plastic pants, the Gerber/Comco made. 
On sizing, you could have plastic pants custom made just how you want them to fit. You can order up a size, or 2, but have the waist and legs fit to your size. Mountain View can do that, https://www.plastic-pants.com/  There are others like Kins, https://www.babykins.com/ who will custom size as well. 

I’m not sure I have any one “dream” type plastic pants anymore. I’ve collected so many, from many different makers over the years now. I have lots of favorites though, Comco was one. 
Some I would still like to find are, ones like the early plastic pants. The ones that came after WWII. They were transparent, but had a brownish tint. 

Another type I wish I could find, are the printed type. Oh I don’t mean all the ones you can find now. But the old time juvenile prints.B349E658-B139-407B-8920-811C15809B53.jpeg

There use to be a company that made these types in adult sizes. Just like the photo. I have some, but they are a little tight. I wish I could find more like them, in the proper sizing. I think it was Karen’s Kids, Edley Lang? Later sold to Lifestyles Emporium, Lang pants.

Wow those are nice. I had some lang pants years ago they are very close vip Untill lifestyles changed the vinyl , I got them from ctdc and they very stiff and scratchy like christine said. Most of the companies just rebrand gary, If you go to the gary website you find a list of their venders. So most are garys. 

• Like 1
Just now, AbabeBill said:

Try getting the "Tuffy" from Protex anddyeing it the proper color. The thicker material 8 mil, should be able to take the heat The ones I had as a baby were more of a translucent ecru. The early ones did not have the forward facing legs as they were full-cut (like the rear of modern ones) on both front and rear.. This made fuller and longer in the sides. Since they were symetrical, there was no "front" or "back'. Also this gave them a slightly bloomer'ish shape and looked like Renassance "pantaloons" with VERY short legs, which made it possible to tuck some of the material under the diaper easily. They could be fitted by adjustment They could swallow up triple diapers. That all changed with prefolds. Most of them, before 1947 were homemade because rubber was rationed during the war and plastic was more available

Adjustable size leg openings would so nice, for people like me with different size thighs.

I can wear a size small or med pant, my left leg is the problem, no matter what size I buy the left leg is too large.

Makes wearing diapers rough also, I like wearing S it helps close the opening but I would rather have M for the extra room for adding bulk.

" I would like your input on fetware. They seem to have thier own line, some say made in america some say made in america by gary. "

Fetware's  Plastic Pants Made for Disposables, I suspect, are from Babykins. I don't know who makes the coveralls. All their other panties are sourced from Gary...I believe.

I wear my plastic pants next to my skin and like them to fit rather snugly, so the main problem for me usually is leg elastics that are too tight. I always used to position the leg elastics right up against the ends of my thighs, but over time my 82-year-old skin started to become irritated from the elastics. Recently I figured out that if I just pull the panties up until the waist is where I want it and let the leg elastics stay where they naturally come to, they're usually an inch or so lower, and different pants don't always come to quite the same spot. This seems to work better, and it causes them to fit more closely to my skin; Gary medium pants, which used to be my old stand-bys, still start to feel too tight after just a few hours, but large ones are better.

11 hours ago, beallucanb said:

Adjustable size leg openings would so nice, for people like me with different size thighs.

I can wear a size small or med pant, my left leg is the problem, no matter what size I buy the left leg is too large.

Makes wearing diapers rough also, I like wearing S it helps close the opening but I would rather have M for the extra room for adding bulk.

You you like Suprimas adjustable leg plastic pants then #1311. You can make each leg as snug as you like, they have an adjustable button so you can set the elastic where it suits you best. 
You can still find them at Amazon , https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Suprima-Incontinence-Slip-Adjustable-Rubber/dp/B00239A72W

Or on eBay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suprima-PVC-Slip-1311-Slip-form-36-60-Adjustable-Leg-Rubber-vs-Colours-Nappy-Pants-/202292130345?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0

15 hours ago, vvp39 said:

" I would like your input on fetware. They seem to have thier own line, some say made in america some say made in america by gary. "

Fetware's  Plastic Pants Made for Disposables, I suspect, are from Babykins. I don't know who makes the coveralls. All their other panties are sourced from Gary...I believe.

I wear my plastic pants next to my skin and like them to fit rather snugly, so the main problem for me usually is leg elastics that are too tight. I always used to position the leg elastics right up against the ends of my thighs, but over time my 82-year-old skin started to become irritated from the elastics. Recently I figured out that if I just pull the panties up until the waist is where I want it and let the leg elastics stay where they naturally come to, they're usually an inch or so lower, and different pants don't always come to quite the same spot. This seems to work better, and it causes them to fit more closely to my skin; Gary medium pants, which used to be my old stand-bys, still start to feel too tight after just a few hours, but large ones are better.

I have only seen the 6 mil DuraSoft at Fetwear. So I do not think Garymakes those particular items Pity

• 1 month later...

Replying to AbabeBill's first thread. I used to buy Edley/Lang plastic pants here in Southeastern Mass they had Youth size in a couple Department stores. I still buy them today and they are my favorite plastic pants. the original manufacturer was located in New Hampshire but has since closed down and they have been bought out and is now made in California by a very nice lady. the Company name is Life Styles Emporium and they sell for about $16 a pair of medium. the vynal has changed a little bit but is still has a good feel to them.

• Like 1

I got one pair back in 1985. It had that sandpaper feel to it and that ended that

I have a pair of vinyl lined rhumba panties I bought from fetware. I've had them for years and the vinyl ripped eventually but I just wear them over my 8 mil Gary vinyl pants when I want to feel fancy. The vinyl was very nice but alas they don't last forever. I love my Gary 8 mil pants and they will last longer than the thinner vinyl.

Hugs,

Freta

Yup! I miss VIP pants as well ?? but as was said above, protex makes a good "gerber"type pant, and the gary ones from plastic-pants.com are where I usually order from. They do the job, but I still miss VIP.... *sigh*

What I use and why are reviewed in RUBBER PANTIES'R'US

These are the ones I use. There are over a dozen, I fuess I am easy  to please

Since I am in real diapers, There Are 3 companies that sell the Gary panties that I use

Mountain View

LL Medico

Fetware CloudXT

I have found that the rearz frost is a good plastic pant, They have a very light texture and you have to run your fingernail over them to tell it has a texture. They are made in china so the sizing is a little small, I use gary large and the frost pants in large is only a little bit smaller the elastics are snug but not tight and not as much room, but they are nice and poofy. If you are in u.s. you can get them from protex.

The porblem with any "textured" plastic is that backteria and particulate matter can lodge in the depressions so you must be extra dilligent in cleaning. The lumpiness is a result of inferior "colanders"; the rollers on the machines that extrude the material into sheets. This was mentioned in DD some 8-10 years ago. The cleaning problems with grainy material was forst stated by the owner of A. C. Medical some 14 years ago. Also, grainy material was used so that the item looked more like cloth in some cases back in the '50's and '60's when vinyl was used for many more things like curtains (other than shower curtains) and tablec.lths (rather than things to cover cloth tabile linens)) and aprons. In the early days, up to about 1954, smooths material was used and it was in the earlier time that the material got its reputation for easy care. Even high quality bedsporeads and drapes were made form vinyl and represented an inexpensive way to get the iridescent appearance of satin or even metallics

I have been using the "Tuffy" plastic pants from Babykins for many years. I like them better than the old Comco plastic pants. The are made from 6 mil vinyl that is very soft and supple. They have a 1 inch waist band covered with satin. The seams are heat sealed and sown. They last a long time if properly handled. I order them with the smooth side on the inside making them easier to wipe clean when changing. The other side has a very fine texture. They are a little higher in the waist than their 4 mil vinyl pants and the last way longer. They are generously cut for a roomier fit so if you are looking for a more "baby like" look then these would work for you. I  wear these daily as I am urinary incontinent. They are comfortable to wear. I wear contour cloth diapers during the day and full size diapers with 10 ply soakers at night and the are roomy enough to go heavier if need be. 

There is a "Tuffy" that Protex sells that is 8 mil and Gary makes a 7 mil panty. One of the porblems with Babykins 6 mi and comco was narrow range of fit. If you look at the size chart you find that the "ramge" of a given size is about 4" For Gary and the like it is much larger. I have a 36" wiaist and can fit in anything from a S to a 3XL. This gives me many more diapering options. Also the Gary crotch is VERY wide for the size

I think something is going on at Rearz. I see very little in the way of plastic items and no rubber at all I saw only one Christy and all the things under A. C. Medical are in the clearance bin. Imay have to delete their items from RUBBER PANTIES'R'US, which is sad because their products were rated highly and they were on my A-list

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, AbabeBill said:

A11B54A9-A077-4554-AD91-22AF774AAB31.jpeg

• Like 1