LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants

A few comments on Comco pants. I have found them to be teh longest wearing ones i have purchased. In most pants I buy an xl, in comco i buy a large. You commented that your pants were ripping, where? If at the leg you may not want to order a size down. I have found it best soemtimes to ask, call and talk to them. But be sure to know the leg and waist sizes you need. Maybe you want to try both sizes just to see for yourself. Maybe the smaller size is good for lighter day diapers and you need teh larger size for night diapers. I think you will be happy with the durability of comco plastic pants.

Froggy

A few comments on Comco pants. I have found them to be teh longest wearing ones i have purchased. In most pants I buy an xl, in comco i buy a large. You commented that your pants were ripping, where? If at the leg you may not want to order a size down. I have found it best soemtimes to ask, call and talk to them. But be sure to know the leg and waist sizes you need. Maybe you want to try both sizes just to see for yourself. Maybe the smaller size is good for lighter day diapers and you need teh larger size for night diapers. I think you will be happy with the durability of comco plastic pants.

Froggy

I would also agree that comco pants are very long lasting and as far as size goes, I always look at the size chart for each supplier and go up one size. Going down one size would put a lot of stress on the plastic around the banding of the legs and waist.

I would also agree that comco pants are very long lasting and as far as size goes, I always look at the size chart for each supplier and go up one size. Going down one size would put a lot of stress on the plastic around the banding of the legs and waist.

By down a size, I meant from what i normally buy. Comco are cut full. Where i want a xl from VIP, I find Comco large is more than adequate. One should always look at size charts, and ask if not sure.

Froggy

• 8 months later...

Hey all, I just made an online petition to get Gerber to reproduce their plastic pants in adult sizes. Ever since Vinyl Incontinent Products, former adult Gerber division, lost their vinyl supplier to overseas, these high quality pants are no longer available. Since Gerber is still making their plastic pants in infant-toddler sizes, they still have access to the same vinyl supplier. It's time for them to fill the void and start reproducing they plastic pants in adult sizes. The Petition URL is here http://www.petitiononline.com/Gerber/petition.html and all entered email addresses have a privacy option. Also, it wouldn't hurt to drop Gerber a note here http://www.gerber.com/contactus I already emailed Gerber with my suggestion and they replied that they will forward my suggestion to the appropriate people, so I think we can make a difference!

Hopefully, if we all stick together, we can get Gerber to act. Also, will the moderator make this a "sticky" post in the forum?

Thanks

Mikey

Hey all, I just made an online petition to get Gerber to reproduce their plastic pants in adult sizes. Ever since Vinyl Incontinent Products, former adult Gerber division, lost their vinyl supplier to overseas, these high quality pants are no longer available. Since Gerber is still making their plastic pants in infant-toddler sizes, they still have access to the same vinyl supplier. It's time for them to fill the void and start reproducing they plastic pants in adult sizes. The Petition URL is here http://www.petitiononline.com/Gerber/petition.html and all entered email addresses have a privacy option. Also, it wouldn't hurt to drop Gerber a note here http://www.gerber.com/contactus I already emailed Gerber with my suggestion and they replied that they will forward my suggestion to the appropriate people, so I think we can make a difference!

Hopefully, if we all stick together, we can get Gerber to act. Also, will the moderator make this a "sticky" post in the forum?

Thanks

Mikey

62 signatures after 48 hours of being active, not bad at all. To those who have not signed, please do a fellow diaper wearer a favor and take 60 seconds to sign the petition. The time it takes to sign is less than it takes to read this post. It may not do any good, but after all, what can it hurt.

Mikey

[quote name='Gerberboy' date='Apr 21 2007, It may not do any good, but after all, what can it hurt.

Mikey

Sorry! But Gerber has been sold to NESTLE this past week. Not likely that they even want the baby cloths division of Gerber, only the babyfoods.

Look for Gerber to be broken into bits and sold off.

BTW, VIP has the rights to the adult sized babypants, not Gerber.

Did you buy enough before they closed?

Yes I have a good stock of gerber pants, but I'll keep the petition going. Just because Nestle bought them out doesn't mean that they will stop making the pants nor is it a reason to stop the petition. After all, one can sign it online in less time that it takes to read this post. If gerber is sold off, perhaps VIP will buy Gerber Babywear and have access to the materials again. So, please sign anyway if you haven't already, unless you don't agree with signing it.

Guest dodgedart

looks like i am wetting more and more at night and had a few leaks.

I looked at one local place and they did not look weel made but then again they were still in the package.I was just looking at the picture on the lable.

What brand should i get? Snaps? i never saw any with snaps but did remember seeing them on ebay before.

So looking for getting good ones thanks

What brand should i get? thanks

you must not be wearing cloth diapers.

Comco and Kins are two of the best plastic pants--------------order online

I've had prostate problems and was getting up 3, maybe 4 or 5 times a night to pee

not getting good sleep. Now wear soft thick thirsty gauze diapers and Kins and sleep well and awake wet, but NO leaks!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

If you are going to order online check these sites

www.fetware.com

www.diaperstation.com

www.diaperconnection.com

Or you can just go to Google and search Plastic Pants

If you want to go out in your area and buy them, go in your local Yellow Pages and look up "Medical Equpiment" or "Hospital Supplies/Equipment". If you go to a Medical Supply store they usually carry all those things that you need.

All for the snaps or pull ons, it's up to you which you like.

The snap up are for making it easy for a caregiver to change you. If you night wet, the snap side pants tend to leak if you role over.

I take it you are wearing disposable diapers.

If you want to stay dry, try night duty cloth diapers.

I looked at one local place and they did not look weel made but then again they were still in the package.I was just looking at the picture on the lable.

What brand should i get? Snaps? i never saw any with snaps but did remember seeing them on ebay before.

help strear me right getting good ones thanks

whenever I wear plastics I wore the traditional.

it seemed to work better. and as for the leaking you should try cloth at night, maby even doubled up.

but they seem to work better than disposeables at night anyway.

as for the snaps, I wore them once for a few days and they didnt work at all for leaks. I just leaked right through the seams.

so I hope that helped out some and if you would like to know more just write me.

smiles

Whatever babylin says will most likely work! I know he's an expert on plastic pants (and cloth diapers too)! Now, if you are not taking his advice to wear cloth diapers, I would suggest that you go to the nearest Babies-R-Us and buy a package of diaper doublers (in the baby diaper section). You get 30 for about $2.99 a package and these are gell filled pads 10 inches long by about 3 inches wide that fit inside diapers to increase their absorbency. There is no plastic backing on these pads so when you wet it will soak the doubler, swell up a little and then soak through into your diaper. I usually use one in my Attends at night but you can see if one will work or if you should use 2. Next to thick cloth diapers and plastic pants, these doublers are the next best thing for adult disposable diapers for people who don't want to stuff their adult disposables thickly with baby diapers. They really do extend the amount that your diaper will absorbe!

I spend a lot of time at the cvs near me and I have never seen plastic pants, but you can call and ask the pharmacist, they may be abel to get them for you, If you want some inexpensive pants try caolwrightgifts.com, I got some from there over a year ago and they are still hanging in there they were 3 for 10 bucks...

Snap side pants are definitely leaky, especally if you sleep on your side. :crybaby: I have notice that they are mostly in infant sizes (infants spend a lot of time on thier back or stomach) rather than older baby or toddler sizes.

The 3 for $10 pants have the same problem because the side seams are sewn rather than welded. In their defense, I consider them one of the most authentic looking "baby pants". B)

I am a big fan of Diaper Doublers. :D I use them with Depend diapers. They can be troublesome to find; none at Ekerd or CVS and only Food Lion seems to cary them around here.

Anondl

I too need plastic pants, but were can I get them without ordering online.

I have not moved out just yet. <_>

If your a thin guy you can get toddler pants at some grocery stores, or department stores with a baby dept. when I was younger I wore,XL, toddler pants, the only problem they will be tight, not much room for a diaper, depending on how big you are, or look in the phone book and find a medical suply store in you town, and ask them about incontenience supplies...

Guest dodgedart

If you can't buy plastic pants online most "medical supply" of "hospital supply" stores have plastic pants....

Ok silly question.How are they supossed to fit?Lose and just tight at the top and legs? or Kinda tight all over?

I've always bought them based on waist and leg diameter. The waist and leg diameters for each size (small, medium, etc) are usually listed on the websites of the online retailers. I've never bought them from local suppliers, so I don't know how those would be sized. Probably the same.

The pants that i've bought fit snugly, but comfortably, at the elastics. The elastics are maybe a bit tighter than underwear (briefs). Elsewhere, they fit loose. Obviously, they can't be skin-tight, as you'd have no room for a diaper(s). ;)

Plastic pants fitting is a matter of personal preference.

I wear cloth diapers so they are a must for me

I prefer mine to be oversized and loose fitting. The looser fit is more comfortable. The oversizing allows air to circulate.

If you have leaking issues, you diaper needs some more lead in its pencil. Tight fitting snugg overpants don't do a good job of compensating for a bad diaper.

Ok silly question.How arte they supossed to fit lose and just tight at the top and legs? or Kinda tight all over?