LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diaper Recommendations

Veg

I don't have specific brand recommendations, but https://www.incontinentsupport.org/chap4.php is pretty on-the-money about how much you need. 

For night-time I'll generally need 2-2.5 lbs of diapering, and it's quite bulky -- the only reason I don't go higher is because it can become quite painful on my back to lay on that much bulk. So, I cut back on fluids just so I can get away with thinner diapering and be more comfortable. 

I'll note that I do think the kind of fabric you use matters a lot. Weight will probably be roughly the same (somebody please correct me if this isn't quite right), but the bulk will be different. 2lbs of birdseye with Zorb soakers will be less bulky than the same weight in terry diapering; I have a bit of both, and the only reason I've not switched to birdseye is just difficulty locating it in Europe.

On a related note, they seem to prefer All-In-One diapers in Europe rather than cloth and plastic pants...Not quite sure why. Personally I prefer plain cloth and plastic pants. I can buy the plastic pants once, and then serge/sew the cloth flats really easily at home -- so sourcing them is easy. Plus, since they're all flats I can replace/repair each piece independently as they wear out. Finally, I can layer them above to achieve the absorption I need (provided the plastic pants are big enough).

Anyway, hope that helps!

Exactly what kind of cloth diapers are you looking for?

Nicki's Diapers sells a flat 31" x35" six for $19.99. You'll have to search for the website to find them, they are cloth diapers - flat diapers. You will also need a waterproof cover. Please note that these are baby diapers. They are US based company.

9 hours ago, Veg said:

Bit of money struggles with my little one, but want to stay padded 24/7, he's quote the super soaker, any recomendations for most absorbent reausable cloth diapers?

Ii prefer multiple layers over a very thick cloth diaper.  The multiple thinner diapers will dry quicker and you can still make them as thick as you want.

My personal preference is the 36"x36" four layer Purity from https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/Adult-Flat-Diapers-Gauze-Purity .  Due to my issues, I use three at a time for overnight. 

On 2/24/2022 at 3:12 PM, dondl2 said:

Cotton bath towels, fabric stores 80% plus cotton fabric, by the yard, some have diaper cloth, terry toweling,  you will still need a pair of waterproof pants.

Only caveat I have for this is without finishing the edges they'll unravel along the cut edge.

Didn't mention it in my post, but I highly recommend a serger / overlock machine for that work. You can use a regular machine, but since it's not specialized in that kind of sewing then it can take 30-45 minutes to finish the edges of a single flat (assume you are doing its equivalent of overlock stitches). By contrast, I can push out one in less than 5 minutes on a serger. If all you have is a regular machine though, I definitely don't recommend cutting corners by doing a zig-zag stitch...while it's faster, it's only marginally better than unfinished edges.

Otherwise, probably more worth time/money to just buy them pre-made in the links above if you don't have time/knowledge to use a serger. (it's not as hard as you think, but I say that coming from having used a regular sewing machine for years already)

28 minutes ago, Kif said:

Only caveat I have for this is without finishing the edges they'll unravel along the cut edge.

Didn't mention it in my post, but I highly recommend a serger / overlock machine for that work. You can use a regular machine, but since it's not specialized in that kind of sewing then it can take 30-45 minutes to finish the edges of a single flat (assume you are doing its equivalent of overlock stitches). By contrast, I can push out one in less than 5 minutes on a serger. If all you have is a regular machine though, I definitely don't recommend cutting corners by doing a zig-zag stitch...while it's faster, it's only marginally better than unfinished edges.

Otherwise, probably more worth time/money to just buy them pre-made in the links above if you don't have time/knowledge to use a serger. (it's not as hard as you think, but I say that coming from having used a regular sewing machine for years already)

Actually, I make diaper flats out of diaper flannel that is 27" wide. It has two selvedge edges and needs no serging. If you need a wider diaper, then you'd have to hem the side edges.

Ah cool! 

I don't like to use the salvedge edges typically, and I used terry instead of flannel. Could use the salvedge in this case, but the bolt is too wide so I don't. 

Ohhhh I looked up a hem and I see what you mean. I can see how that'd work, thanks for bringing it up! ?

• Like 1

I discovered Flour Sack towels as diapers. I buy the largest ones I can find, about 30" X 30". They're inexpensive, about $4.00 US for a package of four at Target. The dimensions may be a bit small for some, but I find them to be just right. Nice thing about them is they're 100% cotton, and already hemmed. All you have to do is sew in your favorite absorbent layer and you have a diaper.

SuperUndies make really really good cloth diapers (believe it or not the cloth “pull-ups” are more water resistant than the diapers. 

they have had abdl adult patterns in the past, but last I checked they were out of stock. 

I use flat diapers with a built in soaker I bought from Angel Fluff. I bought heavy nighttime diapers and they work well but I wish I had bought the least absorbent. The reason I say this is because I saw packages of baby birdseye diapers on sale and bought a whole bunch of packages. I use them folded down the middle of an adult flat diaper as soakers. I put my diapers out on a clothesline to dry and it's amazing how quickly flat birdseye dries outside. The heavy nighttime diapers dry much slower due to all the layers. With a quality pair of plastic pants over them my bed stays nice and dry. I use the 7 mil. Plastic pants from Gary with enclosed elastics. Take care of them and they will last for years. I hope this is helpful.

Hugs,

Freta