LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disney building a huge theme neighborhood in Calif Desert.....

square_duck

1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I thought they bought Florida with the money they made from Baby Groot toys.

Florida seems to really like Disney, I know that. They tried to pass a bill to keep media companies from "censoring political figures" specifically whitelisting "companies that also had theme parks in Florida" specifically to make it, so Disney did not have to comply. Bill was shot down in court for being unconstitutional, allowing websites to moderate however/whoever they want, and so on and so forth.

Only bringing this up because I felt it was funny and related to your comment. I'm in favor of sites being allowed to moderate however/whoever they want to.

37 minutes ago, saltedcaramel64 said:

I see Disney as the evil empire.  Concerned only with compliance and cash.  Id be staying far away from a Disney community.  I look forward to the day Disney is no more.

I would love nothing more than for Disney to be forcefully broken up and for all their properties to be shoved into the public domain. I need more Winnie The Pooh content!!!!!!!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, kasarberang said:

Well, if they are, they are very expensive "dumps" https://www.zillow.com/celebration-fl/

most over $1,000,000 each!! ?? 

this new place they want to build, is located out in the Coachella valley, which is just east of Palm Springs. It is dryer there, so no mold problems, nor much rain, since it is in the desert....

The worst thing there is the wind and dust.....oh, also the heat....gets a bit toasty out that way.

7 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Well, if they are, they are very expensive "dumps" https://www.zillow.com/celebration-fl/

most over $1,000,000 each!! ?? 

this new place they want to build, is located out in the Coachella valley, which is just east of Palm Springs. It is dryer there, so no mold problems, nor much rain, since it is in the desert....

The worst thing there is the wind and dust.....oh, also the heat....gets a bit toasty out that way.

That's ridiculous, for that price you'd think they'd be able to build and maintain them properly, then again this is Disney we're talking about. Probably just built it up and said, "yup we're done, this didn't work out how we wanted." and threw it to the curb once they got their money. The idea that they are still making money for that mess is actually disgraceful.

I hate Disney.

• Like 1

Disney doesn't own the property anymore, a private equity firm bought it. There are law suits going against the firm, but they should include the builders, since they were the ones who screwed up, according to the article you posted..

Though, to be honest, it is very hard to sue someone like a builder or designer, 20 after a project was completed. Yes, homeowners there are having trouble selling their properties, but, noone MADE them buy.... It is what it is. Hopefully though, someone will step in and help make things work.

Slightly off-topic, but many Americans don't understand that insulation also insulate from the heat outside, so even if you live in Florida, you need thick insulation to keep the inside cool.
Since they are building in the desert, I hope they use thick insulation, or their power bill will be huge.

and use hinged windows, the push up and down is only good for using window AC, and breaking into houses.

"Hopefully though, someone will step in and help make things work."  For too many people, this appears to be the American dream....

"Hopefully though, someone will step in and help make things work."  Who? ...and based on what incentive?

Recipe for making shitloads of money: 1 buy land somewhere that is unincorporated outside a city or town so no zoning or building restrictions. 2 Build housing and infrastructure as cheaply as possible but looking stylish. 3 Sell all the properties for more than they would be worth anywhere else. 3. Incorporate the town and set up an ownership structure responsible for setting HOA fees that cover all the costs of running the town and maintaining the infrastructure allowing a nice profit margin. 4 Sell the town before it starts to deteriorate and walk away with your shitload of money and no responsibility.

Hugs,

Freta

Disney is still in the residential real estate game in FL.

See https://www.disneygoldenoak.com/

Golden oaks is a very expensive, exclusive and luxurious residential area.  There are some interesting videos on YouTube.

and https://www.americancampus.com/student-apartments/fl/disney/flamingo-crossings-village

We have watched this one go up since we got here 2 years ago.  It was originally intended for Disney University, but I think they are opening it to Cast Members.

Joey