LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Seeking inspiration

DailyDi

@DailyDi

One thing I can always say is: a scale, as well as any measuring device that you use during a diet or some sort of exercise is only a device that measures progress. It is not something that you need to worry about, because it only tells you what it needs to tell you. What you do with the information the scale tells you is what you decide to do, and as long as you do your best, I don’t think that you would have too much difficulty. Sometimes it is harder to do something on a diet, because you have to “watch what you eat,“ and you also have to eat less calories.

part of the reason that we have trouble is because we may overdo or over eat things that we like. As long as you’re able to control your portion size, and the frequency of what you eat that should be A good start. You should exercise and do as much exercise as you can, and in some cases the best thing to do is maybe eat more often, but eat less more often, if that makes any sense. What I have done to help myself is to invest in the air fryer and a whole bunch of things that I can use when I am cooking now. I figure if I cook with air rather than a whole bunch of grease, then I will be a lot better off. I don’t know how or if what I am doing is helping me, but I can tell you from from a standpoint of my “feeling“ that I feel good. Because of what I have done in the last two weeks, I have a lot more energy, and it seems as if I have something to look forward to. So many times, what happens is you get involved in a diet, and a diet usually means “eat lettuce,/eat healthier“ but, I think people sometimes take a diet and think that the only way you’re going to lose weight is to eat totally different and then eat less of it. My feeling is, as long as you are eating healthy, , And you keep your water intake, as well as your vitamins and minerals up, that should help you. Mikey may not be able to do exercise like someone else can do because of the fact that he can only stand for a few moments, but he does what he can do, and that’s all you can do. My parents always used to say: “if you give it your all, and you think you’ve done your best, you’re the only one that knows that, and as long as you know you have done your best, then that’s all we expect of you.”  The rub here is, that I have to feel within my heart that I have given my 110% best, and I know when I am at my best and I know when I’m at my worst. I always try to give 110% regardless of what I am doing, because that’s the way I am. I’ve always been taught to give it all I have, and as long as I do it, people will support me and it is not necessary to be Superman, because you can fail, but failure is not something that should be used to tell you that you can’t do it. All failure means is that you’ve given it your best shot and for some reason you need to try harder or do something different. Failure only means that you’ve given in an attempt and for some reason it did not work, but that also gives you an opportunity to learn from your mistakes and try again. When you try again, you may have a different way of doing things, but as long as you give it your best regardless of what you do then you’ll be OK: this is because in your heart you know you’ve given it all you have.

Mikey: all I can suggest is you are a good friend to all of us, and a very good support system for many: when the chips are down we all try to help each other out: all I can say to you is exactly what my parents used to say to me: “give it your best shot, that’s all that we ask, and when you know you’ve given your best you will know it, then when you know you’ve given 110% try to give more if you can. Giving up is not something that is bad, but in order for you to succeed you have to push it as hard as you can. You are an awesome guy Mikey, and I know that you can pull this off: just do what you can, and whatever happens the rest will come together. You have a good team here on DD, and it doesn’t matter how hard you try, as long as you try your best and do what you know to be your very best. You and I both know what this means, because in our heads we know what giving our all is. When you are on a diet, or doing anything important, you have to set a goal, and a goal is just a marker: you may not reach the marker one day, but if you keep working like we work on websites, backing up our systems, typing documents, organizing our lives, each of those things requires us to set a goal and say “today I’m going to clean my desk, I’m going to take all these papers and I’m going to organize them and file them“ yesterday, I ended up cleaning up my entire living area in my bedroom and putting in my new recliner, knowing that I had to clean it up because eventually I would have to do it so it is a good idea to do it when I have a reason to. When I finally got to the point where I was ready to do it, I was expecting that it was going to be hell to clean it up: it wasn’t: it was really easy, I just had to use the tools that I command a broom, mop, and hot water, and I was able to clean up and organize everything around my chair and around my entertainment units so that they are clean dry and functioning normally. I am now able to take my recliner and go all the way down all the way back: yesterday I gave everything I had, and that is because I wanted to make sure that everything I did was done to my best effort!

Never give up: it might take time for each one of us to be able to do what it is we wanna do, but eventually we get there: my grandpa used to tell me that quote I can do anything I want to do, but it might take me a while to get there, and it might take me longer to do something, but I can do it” while I was in college going for my associates and my bachelors degrees, I always remembered my grandparents and my parents telling me that so I understand that mentality: I would not be who I am if I did not give it all I had: it makes me mad sometimes that I feel like I want to give more but I can’t, but I have to understand that even I have limits, and you do too Mikey so don’t worry: just do your best and you know and you will know when that is your very best. Your mother and you live together, and you work together as a team, taking care of each other, just like my dad takes care of my stepmom, and my stepdad takes care of my mom. You guys are a good team, and all of us on Ddthat help you are a good team as well. We each have our strengths and our skills, and we always come together when the time comes. Remember, we are all a team here and we will give you the inspiration you need whenever you need it! Without DD and a lot of good people here, I would not understand why I like diapers, Or except that I need them: because of that understanding, I am a better person, and I owe you and the team here thanks and the gratitude for making it so I can understand what made me special!

??????

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still crawling along. I know I've lost a little "size" but don't know the numbers still. Shirts fit a little better and I have a noticeable difference in reach (TMI: Easier to wipe)

Mom is hanging onto the wagon , but she's back to drinking Cokes which is a big part of the problem.

I'm still sticking to one sugary drink a day, my fruit punch I take my bedtime pills with.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Still crawling along. I know I've lost a little "size" but don't know the numbers still. Shirts fit a little better and I have a noticeable difference in reach (TMI: Easier to wipe)

Mom is hanging onto the wagon , but she's back to drinking Cokes which is a big part of the problem.

I'm still sticking to one sugary drink a day, my fruit punch I take my bedtime pills with.

Sounds like a very good progress report Mikey!????☺️??❤️?? Keep it up! Gotta watch those sodas, they can be kryptonite.? LOL!????

• Like 2

I switched to sugar free drinks ages ago.  Actually can't stand the HFCS laden stuff at all.  That's High Fructose Corn Syrup, or what the beverage companies switched to back in the 80s (or maybe even the 70s) because it's sweeter and cheaper than cane or beet sugar (sucrose) that we normally associate as sugar.  

Might I suggest trying "Coke Zero" instead? (Not Diet Coke - that stuff is flat out nasty!) 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I switched to sugar free drinks ages ago.  Actually can't stand the HFCS laden stuff at all.  That's High Fructose Corn Syrup, or what the beverage companies switched to back in the 80s (or maybe even the 70s) because it's sweeter and cheaper than cane or beet sugar (sucrose) that we normally associate as sugar.  

Might I suggest trying "Coke Zero" instead? (Not Diet Coke - that stuff is flat out nasty!) 

I haven't tried Coke Zero, it's worth a shot. More for mom though, I am going to avoid putting sodas back on my diet for now as its a weakness of mine.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, DailyDi said:

when i gave a shit about losing a little weight years ago(maybe a decade ago), one thing i did that seemed to help, is changing the way i snacked, normally i can go through a whole can of pringles in one sitting, i changed that to just a couple of pringles chips for the taste, snack to taste, not to kill time or fill up, a lot of people snack so much that it might as well be a small meal. another trick that might that i pulled off an episode of diagnosis murder, when he said he was a smoker, he said he started only smoking half of the cigarette and throwing the rest away, you might try doing something like that with your sugary drink(hypocritically i suggest that, my fountain drinks are the only high point of my day)

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

when i gave a shit about losing a little weight years ago(maybe a decade ago), one thing i did that seemed to help, is changing the way i snacked, normally i can go through a whole can of pringles in one sitting, i changed that to just a couple of pringles chips for the taste, snack to taste, not to kill time or fill up, a lot of people snack so much that it might as well be a small meal. another trick that might that i pulled off an episode of diagnosis murder, when he said he was a smoker, he said he started only smoking half of the cigarette and throwing the rest away, you might try doing something like that with your sugary drink(hypocritically i suggest that, my fountain drinks are the only high point of my day)

Now all we need is a fountain of youth!???☺️???????☺️????? LOL!????

• Like 1
12 hours ago, feralfreak said:

if you find it, send me a jug of water from it, ill sneak it into my moms coffee.

Also gotta leave plenty for you buddy!? I'm sure that new young Mommy of yours would really want her little boy back!?☺️?♥️?????♥️????????

5 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Also gotta leave plenty for you buddy!? I'm sure that new young Mommy of yours would really want her little boy back!?☺️?♥️?????♥️????????

i dont care about me, i just figure if she was dosed with a carefully measured amount of that water, she gets reasonably younger, and therefore healthier, no more cardiac issues,

• Like 1
6 hours ago, feralfreak said:

i dont care about me, i just figure if she was dosed with a carefully measured amount of that water, she gets reasonably younger, and therefore healthier, no more cardiac issues,

Yeah, that would be true. Although, I think you'd DEFINITELY look so cute as a baby!?☺️????♥️??? I'd DEFINITELY change your diapers!!!!!!??☺️??♥️??♥️??????♥️????????♥️

• Confused 1
25 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Yeah, that would be true. Although, I think you'd DEFINITELY look so cute as a baby!?☺️????♥️??? I'd DEFINITELY change your diapers!!!!!!??☺️??♥️??♥️??????♥️????????♥️

uhhhhh a little creeped out here, no one here has ever seen what i look like(as far as i know), personally i think im damn ugly, hell revenge of the fugly has nightmares of me, and it aint changed since i was a pup, ugly then ugly now(and i like that, helps me to not be involved with anyone in any personal ways, im not wired for that, its an autistic thing), as for changing me, UHH UHH, NOOOOOOOO, if i cant change myself, id rather be dead, im very private, i live by the rule "from neck to knees, no one touches, no one sees", and cling to that even if it kills me!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

uhhhhh a little creeped out here, no one here has ever seen what i look like(as far as i know), personally i think im damn ugly, hell revenge of the fugly has nightmares of me, and it aint changed since i was a pup, ugly then ugly now(and i like that, helps me to not be involved with anyone in any personal ways, im not wired for that, its an autistic thing), as for changing me, UHH UHH, NOOOOOOOO, if i cant change myself, id rather be dead, im very private, i live by the rule "from neck to knees, no one touches, no one sees", and cling to that even if it kills me!

You sure about that buddy?! I can be very persuasive!?? LOL!????

6 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

You sure about that buddy?! I can be very persuasive!?? LOL!????

not half as persuasive as my stubbornness, its one of my most important rules, if or when i get a heart attack and a nurse in admission would say "we need to do a body check"(its standard, i understand that, i also dont care) id say "umm no, just put patient refused body check" , neck to knees, no one touches, no one sees.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

not half as persuasive as my stubbornness, its one of my most important rules, if or when i get a heart attack and a nurse in admission would say "we need to do a body check"(its standard, i understand that, i also dont care) id say "umm no, just put patient refused body check" , neck to knees, no one touches, no one sees.

I guess you would have a "not to resuscitate" order on your medical record then. LOL!?????♥️?? With an bracelet on your arm.?☺️?♥️?⛑️?‍⚕️???

17 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I guess you would have a "not to resuscitate" order on your medical record then. LOL!?????♥️?? With an bracelet on your arm.?☺️?♥️?⛑️?‍⚕️???

ill have to remember to ask for and sign a DNR, that didnt occur to me.*sees the "bracelet" part of your reply", hmm, i wonder if a card in my wallet is enough, my mom would just remove a medic alert bracelet if it says "dnr"

• Like 1
On 2/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, DailyDi said:

I'm more than a week into a diet which is a feat in itself, but I've hit that hill where my body is in panic mode, and I'm weak, tired and hungry, My nutrition app says I should be loosing weight, but I don't have a scale I can use to verify that I am accomplishing anything.

Looking for some motivation!

Go shopping with @dlsafrica, that place will kill your appetite.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, feralfreak said:

my mom would just remove a medic alert bracelet if it says "dnr"

Then why would she even have the medical bracelet at all, if she was just going to remove it?????? LOL!?????

7 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Then why would she even have the medical bracelet at all, if she was just going to remove it?????? LOL!?????

i meant if i had one and was unable to tell a doc dont rescucitate me, she would remove it so the doc would have to, i didnt mean on her.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

i meant if i had one and was unable to tell a doc dont rescucitate me, she would remove it so the doc would have to, i didnt mean on her.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying that!???

12 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

It has digressed quite a bit!

@DailyDi

don’t worry Mikey, that is why we are here to support you, and support you we will! There are many times that I feel down and depressed and what happens is that I feel as if I need inspiration as well. Part of what I have done since the beginning of 2022 is to determine what is most important in my life, and make sure that that is taken care of above all else, my health is the most important thing that is in my life, and that is partially fixed because of things that I have done to change my living environment, and to reprioritize myself where it is needed.

for example, for the longest time I would just let things sit, and I would not go in let’s say and do a full “spring cleaning in all areas“ this year, I have the additional help, about six hours per week.  Once every other week someone comes in and does my main cleaning, and then the other two days of the week I have someone else come in and help me with organizational tasks, and helping me get rid of things that I don’t need. Since I have had my kitchen cleaned out and all of my cabinets gone through, it is a lot easier to know what I have in my cabinets, how long it has been there, and make sure that I don’t have anything that rots in the cabinets.

this weekend for example, I did two loads of laundry yesterday, and that includes my incontinence laundry as well as my main laundry. It was really easy to do once I got started, and as long as I keep my laundry loads the same size as my hamper, then it shouldn’t be too bad. I’ve also gotten a brand new Catnapper recliner chair, which also helps me in many ways because there are times that I get tired, or sometimes my back hurts, just like yours may hurt you. Now that I have the lift /Heat/massage, my back seems to be getting better and does not hurt as much. I’m not sure if this will make a heck of a difference, but I’ve also seen some of the things that I eat, and I’ve been using my air fryer a lot more, and because of that I feel a lot more healthy than I did when I started. I’ve also taken the liberty of getting equipment in here that I can use to make sure my life is better than it was. In addition to having my incontinence supplies paid for, I now have a water pick unit that I can use to brush my teeth and also the water pik to help keep my teeth and my mouth clean. When you have this type of help, and equipment, it makes life a lot easier and one of the things that I have learned is not to worry so much. Before, I was constantly worrying about everything in my life, and since 2019, I have learned that for example incontinence is nothing to worry about, and ever since I started my journey, I found that I am a lot more relaxed confident and clearheaded, Because of the decision to go 24 seven in 2020.

never let anyone say that you are not a fighter Mikey, because you are. As long as you give it your best shot, and do your very best to the level that you can, and you know that you were trying your best, there is nothing to worry about. My mother used to tell me that the only person that knows whether I’m doing my best is myself. This is because I know when I’m trying to cut corners, or trying to “get away with something“. When you have problems with mobility, or back problems, or whatever is going on, this can make life hard to deal with, and as has been stated this can suck real bad. There are times Mikey that I wish that I could get up and walk a mile and a half down the street without having to worry about my walker or my crutches or any assistive device – unfortunately that is not reality, and as I age I have to take stock and what I can do, and not worry about what I can’t. As I said, one of the things that helped me was to not worry about my incontinence: that is the least of my worries on a scale of one to 10. It is also one of the easiest things to deal with, because it is not really that much of a big deal. I’d rather worry about things that are more important than that, and then once that is done I would feel a lot better.

if I was a cybernetic technician, I wonder if we could stick The knight industries 2000 CPU in your Jeep:  KITT Could talk to you, anywhere in the house, and of course we could hear him get after you if he thinks that something is amiss, and he could say “Michael………”. ??????. That would be the only way that I would be able to drive a vehicle, because I would be able to sit in the driver seat while KITT is driving. I guess, this is fantasy in folklore, but it would be kind of cool.

I wish you all the best, and believe you me you are not alone is there a lot of us that want to make changes in our lives for the better, But sometimes we find it hard to figure out how to get the inspiration to make those changes. I am proud of what I have been able to do in the last 2 to 3 months, and I can tell you from experience that the most important thing that I have found is that once you start on the road down that path, eventually it will get easier and things will open up. Whatever happens Mikey don’t give up, give it all you can, and if for some reason you can’t do any more than that, then realize that is your limit, and you have done your best: No one expects you to be able to do something that your body won’t allow you to, but realize that regardless of what happens you have done your best. Part of the reason why I do what I do with my website is because I might not be able to do as much as someone else by for example fixing things like houses, or being able to work a 40 hour week during a stand up job, but give me a computer and I can do amazing things and have done that for years. I guess that is because computers have always been one of the pieces of technology that I have used for years, and now I understand a lot more than I did say five years ago. Being webmaster is one of my favorite hobbies, and I would not change that for the world. Being here also is one of the things that makes me feel better about myself. COVID-19 for example may be spreading around us and doing things to people, but this is a place where we can still be ourselves, and do what it is that we think is right, following all of the rules that we have to, but we have a place to be, because you do so much to make sure that we can continue to have that place.

take care my friend, and have a sparkling cider on me!

Brian

• Thanks 1