LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advice for those experiencing homelessness

Any advice you can give for those who need it.  Fortunately, I'm still doing fine but lately have seen a lot of people who are obviously homeless outside in 30 degree weather which makes me feel really bad for them. 

One thing is public libraries often have information about most of the local food banks/shelters/etc, and can also be a place to stay warm when it's particularily cold.

Also when looking for a job, explore other areas of your town/city that you don't typically do.  Often, small independent employers may not have job postings on sites like indeed or linkedin because it can be expensive and they often prefer to invest the money in their own business instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I heard that another good place to go if you are homeless is to go to your local church who will provide you with a good hot meal and possible place to live.   I know this because my mom has spent a lot of time helping homeless people at her local church since she retired.

• Like 2

There are a huge amount of resources available to "homeless" people, but to see them on the street just says one thing, they do not WANT the resources, they want to do what they want, regardless, and this thinking is both selfish and destructive. 

Yes, I know there are also mentally ill on the streets, I see them too in places I travel and work, and it is annoying, but little can be done until some infrastructure can be put in place as somewhere for them to go. 

Advise? Use the resources available to you, and get out if your own way! The best tools for sucess is EDUCATION, learn to manage your life, and time. Get a job and learn all you can from it. Then, take what you have learned ( skills and knowledge) and seek a better job. Meanwhile, save and invest so that one day you wont "NEED" a job, but can work where and when YOU want, as you please. To do this you need knowledge, and education to make the best choices.

This is going to be harsh, but I feel it needs to be said. I don't feel sorry or have pity for homeless people, as they choose to be that way. As stated, there are a myriad of resources to help get them back on track to a healthy, productive and INDEPENDENT life, but they have to choose that. Many don't because they "don't like' the programs, or how the charities function, or going through the steps to make a better life, and be independent. 

To me, homeless people are the ABUSERS , not the victims! They violate other peoples rights, by living on the streets, camping on sidewalks ( build and owned by taxpayers) begging for money, there by bothering people, which they do not have a right to do! Making a mess everywhere for other productive people to clean up, and generally being a liability and nusiance! 

They do not have the 'right' to do any if this!! Here in the USA, each and every citizen is given the same 24 hours a day, full of opportunities to be successful, available to anyone and everyone. You are granted the ability to live your life as you see fit...AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT BOTHER OR INTERFERE WITH ANYONE ELSE, since they have same "rights" you do!! Homeless people not seeking help or charities for assistance, are violating everyone elses rights with their actions and presents, and they 'think' they have a right to do so, which they don't!!! They literally put themselves first, at everyone elses expense, which is unfair

I don't give money to homeless people or anyone else, I am not an enabler. I do not feel sorry for people who will do nothing to help themselves improve their lives. If you do nothing, you get nothing!!

Also, beggars cannot be choosers, but they WANT to be able to have the privilege to choose, with out EARNING it. Everything in this country is worked for and earned, nothing is given!!

I'm not necessarily a Religious person, but a couple of things come to mind. Somewhere I heard it stated in the Bible, "you dont work, you dont eat" ( you dont give, you dont get) 

"God helps them who help themselves" ... If you aren't "doing" something to get where you want to go, you dont get any help getting there. You have to have some personal investment of time and effort, some "skin" in the game. You ccant just go around thinking it is everyone elses job to do everything for you!

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BETTER, *YOU* HAVE TO *DO* SOMETHING BETTER, IF YOU WANT SOMETHING MORE, *YOU* HAVE TO *DO* SOMETHING MORE!!

The  homeless are just parsites, no different than ticks or tapewormes,  They take and dont give. They have huge resources available to them for help, but many refuse. I feel nothing for such people who are not willing to help themselves.

Advice: as stated above, get help, use the resources available to you and everyone, clean up your life, get a job, get an education, and leave everyone else alone!!

This is a Free Country, which DOESN'T IMPLY everything is "free" and you can do what you want, regardless of everyone else! The TRUTH is this a "free" country, meaning individual citizens have "LIBERTY" to live as they see fit, without bothering any one else or being bothered, and are "FREE" of tyranny and interference from overbearing Government. 

Those not willing to live their own, independent  lives, and want to sponge off other, successful and independent individuals, are just abusive, manipulative parasites, worthy of nothing.  They have the ability to "choose" to do and be better, until they do so...dont come to me, or anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Swallow your pride and stay at a shelter, especially during the winter, cities are aggressively becoming anti-homeless and are dismantling tent cities.

Some of these shelters may has for a few bucks each week, I know that some of those will take this money and save it up for you in the hopes that you can afford a place to move in to and live in full time, This is more helpful if you have a job, and dont let the stigma of homeless cant have jobs keep you down, I was homeless once and had a job, and during that time I knew of many others who have had jobs. Most shelters will let you use their address as a mailing address.

In most states, you should be able to get food stamps if you can use your shelter as a mailing address. some states that offer food stamps will let you buy cold prepared foods, The kind large grocery chain stores make daily and set into coolers, these range from salads to things like pot roast/meatloaf/chicken/turkey and mashed potatoes and so on, My fav local store even sells boneless chicken wings and 8 piece chicken boxes cold that all you have to do is microwave all of these.

I am under the impression that you would need a proper mailing address thats not a PO Box for job seeking reasons.

If you live in a larger city, then there will be no shortage of places that offer meals, of course some of these places may be once a week meals, but there are sure to be other places offering on other days of the week once a week.

Libraries are pretty much the best place to hang out at if you have nowhere else to go during the day. If you have a tablet or laptop, you can use the libraries (usually) free wifi all day rather than being limited to a single hour a day on their own computers.

You might be using the bus almost every day so invest in an all month bus pass, bonus if you can get a disability pass for a cheaper bus pass.

• Thanks 1
On 2/1/2022 at 6:12 PM, square_duck said:

There are a huge amount of resources available to "homeless" people, but to see them on the street just says one thing, they do not WANT the resources, they want to do what they want, regardless, and this thinking is both selfish and destructive. 

Yes, I know there are also mentally ill on the streets, I see them too in places I travel and work, and it is annoying, but little can be done until some infrastructure can be put in place as somewhere for them to go. 

Advise? Use the resources available to you, and get out if your own way! The best tools for sucess is EDUCATION, learn to manage your life, and time. Get a job and learn all you can from it. Then, take what you have learned ( skills and knowledge) and seek a better job. Meanwhile, save and invest so that one day you wont "NEED" a job, but can work where and when YOU want, as you please. To do this you need knowledge, and education to make the best choices.

This is going to be harsh, but I feel it needs to be said. I don't feel sorry or have pity for homeless people, as they choose to be that way. As stated, there are a myriad of resources to help get them back on track to a healthy, productive and INDEPENDENT life, but they have to choose that. Many don't because they "don't like' the programs, or how the charities function, or going through the steps to make a better life, and be independent. 

To me, homeless people are the ABUSERS , not the victims! They violate other peoples rights, by living on the streets, camping on sidewalks ( build and owned by taxpayers) begging for money, there by bothering people, which they do not have a right to do! Making a mess everywhere for other productive people to clean up, and generally being a liability and nusiance! 

They do not have the 'right' to do any if this!! Here in the USA, each and every citizen is given the same 24 hours a day, full of opportunities to be successful, available to anyone and everyone. You are granted the ability to live your life as you see fit...AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT BOTHER OR INTERFERE WITH ANYONE ELSE, since they have same "rights" you do!! Homeless people not seeking help or charities for assistance, are violating everyone elses rights with their actions and presents, and they 'think' they have a right to do so, which they don't!!! They literally put themselves first, at everyone elses expense, which is unfair

I don't give money to homeless people or anyone else, I am not an enabler. I do not feel sorry for people who will do nothing to help themselves improve their lives. If you do nothing, you get nothing!!

Also, beggars cannot be choosers, but they WANT to be able to have the privilege to choose, with out EARNING it. Everything in this country is worked for and earned, nothing is given!!

I'm not necessarily a Religious person, but a couple of things come to mind. Somewhere I heard it stated in the Bible, "you dont work, you dont eat" ( you dont give, you dont get) 

"God helps them who help themselves" ... If you aren't "doing" something to get where you want to go, you dont get any help getting there. You have to have some personal investment of time and effort, some "skin" in the game. You ccant just go around thinking it is everyone elses job to do everything for you!

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BETTER, *YOU* HAVE TO *DO* SOMETHING BETTER, IF YOU WANT SOMETHING MORE, *YOU* HAVE TO *DO* SOMETHING MORE!!

The  homeless are just parsites, no different than ticks or tapewormes,  They take and dont give. They have huge resources available to them for help, but many refuse. I feel nothing for such people who are not willing to help themselves.

Advice: as stated above, get help, use the resources available to you and everyone, clean up your life, get a job, get an education, and leave everyone else alone!!

This is a Free Country, which DOESN'T IMPLY everything is "free" and you can do what you want, regardless of everyone else! The TRUTH is this a "free" country, meaning individual citizens have "LIBERTY" to live as they see fit, without bothering any one else or being bothered, and are "FREE" of tyranny and interference from overbearing Government. 

Those not willing to live their own, independent  lives, and want to sponge off other, successful and independent individuals, are just abusive, manipulative parasites, worthy of nothing.  They have the ability to "choose" to do and be better, until they do so...dont come to me, or anyone else.

you mentioned things from the bible, but you seemed to have forgotten something, matthew 7:1 "judge not, lest you be judged, and by what measure you judge a man, you too shall be judged as harshly"

• Like 1
On 2/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, Spiderman said:

I heard that another good place to go if you are homeless is to go to your local church who will provide you with a good hot meal and possible place to live.   I know this because my mom has spent a lot of time helping homeless people at her local church since she retired.

Really? That's awesome buddy!☺️?❤️?? Hugs!☺️???❤️?❤️☺️? Yeah, and churches usually have good food too. So it's always good quality! Whether you're religious or not, churches are always good!??☺️❤️?? Especially in your time of need!

• Like 1

Here in Cape Town (I make that distinction because its the only major city here it seems to happen in), there are many homeless or displaced. I live maybe a kilometer from a mall, behind which is a canal, along which a homeless community lives. This area was in the news lately, since law enforcement (not official police) shot a homeless man dead (I attended the memorial service about 500 meters down the canal where it happened) for a scuffle following  lighting a small fire so that he could cook food. The official is now facing possible murder charges.

There are shelters, but the reason many won't go there are: a) it costs and maybe they don't have money; b) violence and vandalism can deter people; c) people worried about it affecting their dignity. It is so easy to judge if we don't actually know what it is like.

Police in Cape Town have been known to shoot rubber bullets at the homeless to get them to disperse when they are just peacefully on pavements. Law enforcement shows up to confiscate whatever belongings they do have (last happened on Christmas Eve that I know about).

There is an organisation that will help anyone and take anyone in, but not many know about, or go for it. 

I just don't know anymore. We can only do so much on our own to make a difference. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, BabySpiderBoy said:

Whether you're religious or not, churches are always good!

Not always.  Some are, but in deeply conservative places like Ohio, there aren't many "reasonable" christians left.  Be careful who you trust.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

Not always.  Some are, but in deeply conservative places like Ohio, there aren't many "reasonable" christians left.  Be careful who you trust.

What exactly do you mean by that???? Could you elaborate??

What I mean is that most christians do not act in a reasonable manner anymore in most cases.  Some churches seek to help the community; most do not.  Anyone who is homeless should be very careful of who they trust.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

What I mean is that most christians do not act in a reasonable manner anymore in most cases.  Some churches seek to help the community; most do not.  Anyone who is homeless should be very careful of who they trust.

Well that's just sad! Churches should be a place of sanctuary for anyone in need!????????❣️♥️?❤️??????????❤️?♥️