LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are diapers becoming populer

So I saw an article asking why do my daughters want to wear diapers.  The article said that his two daughters both teenagers has no medical history and they don't wet the bed bought and wears diapers and they told him they just like them.  I have seen more and more articles and ads and more movies of people wearing diapers.  Is diapers become popular now?

• Like 2

As a person in my 60's, I would have to say "yes" at least as far as incontinence products.  When I was in my teens you couldn't buy adult disposabloe diapers because they didn't really exhist in the 1960's and 1970's, at least not in your average grocery or big box store.  I was probably around 17 or 18 when Attends and Depends first came out in the mid to late 1970's.  Incontinence and bladder issues were not openly talked about back then, even though there was a need for some products.  You might see the rare commercial with June Allison talking about Depends for her mother.

As the years have progressed, many adult diapers came on the market and you would see more adds in magazines and on TV, they were becoming available in just about every drug store and later grocery stores.  More exposure to people makes people interested and that goes for just about anything.  To sell a product people need to advertise.  If no one knows about their product, no one will become interested in it or buy it.

Also there was no internet back in the 1980's and early 1990's like there is today.  Same with home computers and smart phones.  You have to figure with more exposure and opertunities people will get more curious about things.  A few years ago Depends even had TV commercials promoting "Underwearness" showing people of all walks of life wearing their disposable undergarments, including sports figures.  To drum up business, they even had a commercial showing people walking down a busy metropolitan city street dressed in regular clothing from the waist up and just Depends underwear below.  Their idea was to try and convince everyone to forgo regular underwear and buy their Depends "just in case".  With seeing hundreds of adults walking down a busy street going about their business and normal life wearing disposable underwear on TV several times a day, is it any wonder with that kind of exposure people get to thinking about what it would actually be like to do that?  

I also think the convienience of disposable diapers over the years as opposed to cloth that you have to launder has made parents keep their kids in diapers a lot longer.  I've seen 5 and 6 year olds still wearing diapers at my local WalMart and other places.  I think that is another factor these days as opposed to 40 or 50 years ago.  I believe that the longer a kid is in diapers, past the age of 3, the more they will remember being in them as they get older and want to go back to them later, going through puberty, as a teen or something triggering a reaction by seeing a kid in diapers or walking down the adult diaper asile in a pharmacy.  You read stories here on this site in the forums from just such people all the time.

More exposure to adult diapers and products, people wearing them, the easy availability to buy them in any local store and the internet sites where all you have to do is Google, "Adults wearing diapers" to get a hundred hits.  Is it any wonder more and more people are interested in wearing some kind of diaper these days?

• Like 1

Rusty,

I echo that thought, Depends commercials are now a mainstream on TV. They show women of all walks of life and in many sizes to promote that it's for everyone, I think that through many venues and ads that's it's becoming more of the norm for a wide range of individuals.

6 hours ago, Dougindiapers said:

So I saw an article asking why do my daughters want to wear diapers.  The article said that his two daughters both teenagers has no medical history and they don't wet the bed bought and wears diapers and they told him they just like them.  I have seen more and more articles and ads and more movies of people wearing diapers.  Is diapers become popular now?

what article ? where? please add the link to your post

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, squishii said:

Well, I just hope they don't get far too popular. I don't know why, but I prefer diapers being like how they are now than mega popular. 

You know why? because the more popular they become the higher the price goes up, including ABDL diapers. And none of us want that, especially because they're already expensive enough.? It would also make people like us more well known. Which could be very good or very bad depending on how you look at it.??☹️???

@rusty pins& @Three Rivers ABDL has been brought up in a lot of TV shows as well.   Dr. Phil has had episodes talking about it and claimed that it's more common than you may think.

I think that with all the ABDL products on the market,  there are quite a few of us out there.

Companies wouldn't be investing money to make ABDL diapers if there wasn't a buck to be made.  

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Spanky said:

@rusty pins& @Three Rivers ABDL has been brought up in a lot of TV shows as well.   Dr. Phil has had episodes talking about it and claimed that it's more common than you may think.

I think that with all the ABDL products on the market,  there are quite a few of us out there.

Companies wouldn't be investing money to make ABDL diapers if there wasn't a buck to be made.  

Yeah, I'm a huge Dr. Phil fan and I saw that episode actually. It's actually how I found out about the community. LOL! And after I saw that episode my ABDL side grew more. I actually wondered if that guy that was on the show was on here so I could chat with him.?☺️????❤️??❤️?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Do not flatter yourself. They make their money by exhorbatant prices charged to the known market. ABDL is not even a blip on the RADAR. The ony reason  you do not know that is beause you are frequenting ABDL sites. At best, the subject of this thread is a fad and the media likes to inflate things for the sake of the story

• Like 2

Riiiiiiiight.  Guess that's not why Northshore signed up here and routinely reads and responds to posts (about their products of course, but that's why they're here).  And not why they bothered to come out with superior products to virtually every other medical vendor out there that appealed to multiple market groups -- and in multiple colors... and sell patterned products (Crinklz).  All because we're not even a blip on the radar.

What @Spanky said is spot on.   Were there not that many of us out there, there couldn't be that many companies out there having products made because they just wouldn't have enough customers to keep them all afloat. 

• Like 2

In the overall scheme of things, we are a blip. In the disposable adult diaper market we are more than a blip. The reason that NorthShore and other companies make products for us is that the product is disposable. We order new diapers every month or week or whatever. That makes it worth their bottom line. If they didn't make a profit, those ABDL diapers would disappear.

Note also that NorthShore's house brand doesn't really have a babyish design production. They have colors and the Tie-dye, but incontinent users are likely to buy those too.

If we were more than a blip in the radar, you would see ABDL stuff for sale in Walmart or Target.

• Like 1

Don't forget, DD includes IC as well as ABDL. Also, Does anyone remember from the 2001 air raids in Afghanistan, "target-rich environment"? We have 50,000 members (of which it seems that ony about 20 are active) Compare that to the IC population of nursing homes and hospitals alone, then throw in out-patient users, astronauths, hing-performance SCUBA divers and assorted others and we do not amount to a pisshole in the snow albeit a highly concentrated pisshole in the snow. Why WOULDN'T Northshore, LL Medico et all sign up here? Those who are part of a niche often think that the niche is larger than it is, sometimes due to being isolateid in that niche and fetish is the kind of niche that is prone to isolation. A symptom of that is the number of questions I see here pertaining to physical and mental health (How many times have I posted "Lemme get this straight: You are asking a question about [some health issue] on a FETISH site?"),  as wel as persons willing to lessen the control they have over their bodies as part of some agenda (which amounts to lessening your functionality in the larger world to enhance the fetish-related experience)

Another sign of isolation is when persons question, not what is normal but the very idea of normalcy in verious backdoor ways, yet are zealous hard-ass absolutists when their fetish is challenged. You cannot be both a Nihilist and absolutist and expect anyone to regard you as other than a hypocrite or a looneylooper. There is a difference between discontent and malcontent

ABDLs are roughly 1 in a 1000 in numbers. Now how many thats translates to buying products catering to abdls is a unknown.

However, based on market studies of the abdl sector of the incontinent industry. Total sales in the US for abdl diapers about 5-7% of total adult diaper us sales. That might not seem much but our sector has been growing steadily at 15-20% a year compaired to the rest being like 5%. We are getting noticed and looked at by PG and KC because our sector has been growing so damm fast. Why do you think Northshore asks us alot?  Per... https://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/5440615/diaper-market-size-by-product-type-by-material?utm_source=GNOM&utm_medium=PressRelease&utm_code=c6vcxc&utm_campaign=1619604+-+Global+Diaper+Market+(2021+to+2028)+-+Featuring+Essity%2c+Abena+UK+and+Tykables+Among+Others&utm_exec=jamu273prd

Yes I paid for the book. No I can't show you because I would be legally bbq'ed. People are asking for better quality higher absorbency diapers and us abdls have delivered that to the incontinent industry at large.

No we are not main stream but we are getting there regardless if anyone liked it or not.

• Like 2