LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper defect

My last case of abena m4s all have a defect.  The bottom right tape is about 3/4” too short.  The whole case.  They hold but barley and the second chance tape for the short one dosent release.  What’s the weirdest diaper defect you have found?  These still function as a diaper,  just makes me sad when they aren’t just right. 

• Sad 1

I've had the odd pin-hole in a diaper, and I had one bag of Prevail 360 Breezers where the wing separated from the back of the diaper on like a quarter of them. A long time ago when I used to sometimes wear Depends, I had a bag of their tabbed diapers where a number of the tabs were so adhered to themselves that the glue ripped off when I tried to pull the tab open to put the diaper on, making the tab useless. Those were 3-tab diapers, so you could still use them, because generally at least 2 tabs still worked on each side. I also had a Play Dayz more or less disintegrate while I was out for a walk with the dog, which left me trailing white fluff bits out of my pant leg - only one leg - for the walk, and when I got home, I had to run around after I changed myself, looking for fluff on the floor, before the dog ate it. 

Diapers with pin-holes are the worst, because the defect isn't obvious, and you can leave the house in one, only to discover later that you now have a slowly-expanding silver dollar-sized damp patch on the front of whatever you're wearing. 

2 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

My L4s have a similar defect -- the top tape on one side is cut narrower than the other 3.  Has been on all of them so far.   And now that I'm looking at one -- the bottom tape on that side is wider. 

image.png

?One of these things is not like the others.?

I have gone through two cases of m-4 that the blue tape was either too long or it wasn't adhered correctly because all the blue tapes were stuck to the white ones making it hard to get it to release. 

13 hours ago, IminWetPampers said:

Whatever happened to the days of quality control ?

If you've seen the speed at which these things are made in the machines... catching all imperfections would be rather difficult.  If the random sampling doesn't show any, then the batch is approved for packaging and distribution. 

I think the worst defect is the perforation in the diaper I was wearing to the movies. I tend to drink a lot of soda at a movie theatre. and the diaper visibly leaked all over my shorts. I was pretty embarrassed.  My wife told me it was ok. Just say that I spilled my soda. I had to wait in the hallway next to the bathroom for her while she went in.

The only ting I can report over 38 years a some tears in a few of my diapers, but that was after being worn many, MANY times and about two or three pin failures after manyuses

I think tape failure on Abena is pretty much par for the course so it doesn't surprise me that the tape dimensions are a bit random.  I've noticed similar variations on mine but it's tended to be between top tapes and bottom tapes  I thought.

I have a roll of masking tape handy in my changing-bathroom for when the Abena L4 tapes pop off during application ?

• Like 2

Ok I have cases of the M4 Air Plus (worst purchase Ever) where I've had tapes remove themselves from the backing. The leak guard on the left side was not properly attached, there was no fluff inside them, or the tapes were adhered at a 45 degree angle to the back of the wing.

I've also had some Rearz with the tape breaking off as well.

9 minutes ago, Jayme said:

I've also had some Rearz with the tape breaking off as well.

I've been pretty lucky with Rearz so far - not that many tab failures. They had an issue with a run of their Lil" Monsters a couple of years ago, but they acknowledged it and put them on sale at a crazy price, so that it was worth doing repairs with duct tape in exchange for buying them at $60 CAD a case. I've had the odd one where the tab was folded over and stuck to itself, and I've had some BetterDry's where the "landing tab" didn't want to part ways with the diaper, and left most of the adhesive behind, so I had to use the "re-positioning tab" as a one-and-done. On some Depends I've had tabs refuse to part ways with their parking spot when unpacking them, but that surprised me not at all - it's like discovering that your Lada is unreliable. Shocking. 

Pin holes are far worse, but I have had very few experiences with that. My primary dampness issues have been with cloth-backed diapers. Apparently they use mineral particles as "nucleating sites" to form the water-can't-pass-through-them pores on some "breathable" diaper materials, and sometimes things go out of spec, so you'll discover a damp spot on your jeans. 

One phenomenon I've experienced, with Rearz Active Air cloth-backed diapers, and that I can't explain, is a tendency for them to feel just a little bit damp on the surface, if I've been in one for a while, and even to lend my pants a very slight dampness, like how clothes feel coming out of the dryer sometimes if they're just a minute underdone. But if I smell the pants up close, they do not smell of pee. It's as if some kind of osmosis is occurring that leaves everything behind, except moisture. My pants never get wet, but they aren't exactly dry, either. 

The latst item you described is also common to PUL from what I have heard. "Breathatble" waterproof fabrics like Gor-tex are indeed watertight but they are gas permeable. Now, this is fine for rainwear since they deal mostly with water and water vapor. The "breathing passes both air and water vapor. Now urine and feces are complex substances, Some of these will vaporize while next to the body, but once they get a few mm away from the 98x degrees, they condense and re-liquify and collect either on thediaper or panty and the inside of the outer garment, which gives the impression of leakage. Also the polyurethane has been known to separate from the laminate and compromise the waterproofing so it would not suprise me that the same thing happens with cloth-backed throw-aways, which, being single-use items, the fabrication is not as scrupulously attended to in the name of saving money. Given the attention paid to plastic bags and straws, it would not surprise me to see throw-aways either restricted to medical institutions or become so expensive that the non-medical insurnace market would not support them, maybe up to two or three dollars per unit to support special pick-up and disposal methods, maybe ultr-high temperature incineration. Or you might have a non-waterproof, maybe flushable, liner with re-uslable conver like the old Dryper.

For the last 34 years, baby diape makers have recommended waterproof panties be put over their product

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

On some Depends I've had tabs refuse to part ways with their parking spot when unpacking them, but that surprised me not at all - it's like discovering that your Lada is unreliable. Shocking. 

Wait a minute....  You wore Depends?  Really?  You must have run out of good diapers and were so despirate you had to get whatever you could at the time.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:10 AM, rusty pins said:

Wait a minute....  You wore Depends?  Really?  You must have run out of good diapers and were so despirate you had to get whatever you could at the time.

That was primarily before I'd opened up to my wife, so back then I couldn't order diapers online or buy them with a credit card, so I was largely restricted to what I could get in stores. Which, in the case of a white plastic diaper, meant Depends. Once I started buying real diapers, I stopped buying those, needless to say. 

On 1/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, Crinklz Kat said:

Another "defect" I had was from a few years ago.  ABU had a messed up batch of Simples where the wrong tape panel was applied.  They were XL, but stated L.  They were sold off as "irregulars" but were otherwise just fine. 

Did you ever get refund???????

• Like 1
19 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Did you ever get refund???????

No, they were discounted (like 15% I think) because of the mistake.  Not any different from the "B grade" diapers from Tykables. I bought 2 cases.... shoulda bought more.

Found the description on an old "news" posting:

Misprinting on an all white diaper? No Way! Well, we've managed to accomplish what was once thought impossible, and that means savings on Misprinted Simple Ultra Diapers exclusively in the Extra Large! Our Misprinted Simple Ultras have mistakenly had "Large" landing zones applied to them, but are entirely the same as their Extra Large Simple Ultras cousins in every other way. We bet you won't even notice!