LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

None Dare Call them DIAPERS: The Next Generation

Some 6 or so years ago. I posted "None Dare Call the Diapers", noting how those intended for adults are called "briefs"

Recently, I spend somwe time in a nursing home recovering from surgery on my eye The room I was in was next to the Nurses' Station and my ears being what they are, I could overhear things. While, when speaking with the patiients, they did call the things "Briefs", among themselves they called them "diapers". I am permitting the feline to exit the non-rigid containment device. As far as I am concerned, the lot of them are not worthy of being called "diapers" and since they fasten in more than one place, some with as many as six fasteners,they are more like briefs

• Like 1

Now what we wear....That is worthy of being called diapers.

Times are slowly changing for the social stigma. Its slowly starting to go away but the main core issues of it are not being adressed at the right age.

• Like 2

From what I can see, they are all horrible from all kinds of perscpectives: The feel chintzy, they leak, they are way to complicated, the fail, they are wasteful and they accumulate to no good purpose. Like most throw-away items, they come from a time when people were too rich to manage their own lives and were wastrels because they let money burn a hole in their pockets. When these came out, there was the notion that in the future, people would be wearing paper clothes and would throw them away after one use. In fact, this was known as the "throw-away society"

In the mid 1980's INFANTAE PRESS published an article about them saying that persons raised on disposibles are missing out on soemthing that feels like real quality and will never appreciate good diapers

• Like 1

One of my sisters is a nurse. She has worked exclusively with the elderly, nursing homes, retirement homes, etc. While I don't know what she calls them while working, I have not heard her refer to them as anything but diapers.

As for leaking, I have worn both cloth and disposable diapers, and they both leak, with about the same frequency. 

We may think the items that they call briefs, are terrible, but they don't know what a real diaper is like to wear.

If they experienced real diapers, they would run away from the junk they are using if they could.

In a nursing home you are going to get what they give you,  or you are going to have to buy your own.

A nursing home is not a nursery I do not think the residents would really care about what they are wearing and the staff is not a group of Mommies The idea is to get away as cheaply as possible. Even so, half decent  cloth diapers and rubber panties would still be an upgrade as far as quality What did they do before paper diapers took over The belief is that throw aways are more hygienic. That would be true if they were made here, but don't forget, COVID came from China and it is presumed that it was a failure of the hygiene system at the lab in Woohan. So else is getting through? With re-usables, you control what happens and you give them a good wash right out of the box So you "know where they have been" thereafter. And I never have to worry about running out, unless I have benn very negligent

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

One of my sisters is a nurse. She has worked exclusively with the elderly, nursing homes, retirement homes, etc. While I don't know what she calls them while working, I have not heard her refer to them as anything but diapers.

As for leaking, I have worn both cloth and disposable diapers, and they both leak, with about the same frequency. 

Throw-aways are well known for leaking if you are a side sleeper This forum is awash in stories of that You must be using some lousey cloth diapers, or maybe an AIO. or maybe you are not doing it right. I can count the number of leaks I have had in the last 10 years on one had

At any rate, I have not had clumping, tape let-go or blowout or some other structural failure and I have not spent a small fortuine  to keep supplied for that same 10 years and I am self-contained so my privacy is not shot to New Jersey. AND being in diapers does not feel like being in some institution or hospital

• Like 1

When I was a kid I was the local news paper boy and several of my customers were living in nursing homes. All diapers back then were just called diapers and they were all made from cotton cloth then covered with rubber pants. (real rubber not plastic)

Because I was a bed wetter, my mom kept me in diapers (off and on) until I was eleven or twelve years old so I was very aware that the people in the nursing home were wearing diapers. I do remember that I was surprised at first and I don't remember why but I know I used to talk with some of my customer's about my diapers and theirs. (I always was able to talk with adults as a child and preferred that to talking with kids my own age who always seemed stupid from my point of view). So I remember talking about things like how many diaper pins my mom used and how I folded diapers for kids when I was babysitting. But the thing that fascinated me the most however was the Giant Washing Machine in the laundry room that they used to wash all the diapers in. (I was a geek ever way back then :-)

• Like 1
On 12/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, Little Christine said:

Throw-aways are well known for leaking if you are a side sleeper This forum is awash in stories of that You must be using some lousey cloth diapers, or maybe an AIO. or maybe you are not doing it right. I can count the number of leaks I have had in the last 10 years on one had

At any rate, I have not had clumping, tape let-go or blowout or some other structural failure and I have not spent a small fortuine  to keep supplied for that same 10 years and I am self-contained so my privacy is not shot to New Jersey. AND being in diapers does not feel like being in some institution or hospital

I’m a side sleeper and I wear disposable I have only leaked a few times. I have tried cloth and have leaked in them also.

The hospital that gave me my discharge information listed that I would need "Absorbent Products" and of course at the top of the list were "Tab Style Disposable Briefs". I honestly am amused by what lengths the medical profession will go out of their way to "Save our dignity" by calling them something other than what they are, diapers. Just say it! Diapers.. we know what they are, no need to sugarcoat it.

• Like 1

Why does every grocery store have a sign above the baby asile that says "DIAPERS".  They should call them "DISPOSABLE BABY BRIEFS".  Same thing and purpose of disposable adult briefs so either call them both "Disposable Briefs" or "Diapers".

10 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Why does every grocery store have a sign above the baby asile that says "DIAPERS".  They should call them "DISPOSABLE BABY BRIEFS".  Same thing and purpose of disposable adult briefs so either call them both "Disposable Briefs" or "Diapers".

I was in one store where the baby diapers were on one side and adult diapers across the aisle.

Maybe if we got those in charge to call them "Baby Disposable Briefs" the adult version would revert to being called diapers.

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, skizics said:

When I was a kid I was the local news paper boy and several of my customers were living in nursing homes. All diapers back then were just called diapers and they were all made from cotton cloth then covered with rubber pants. (real rubber not plastic)

Because I was a bed wetter, my mom kept me in diapers (off and on) until I was eleven or twelve years old so I was very aware that the people in the nursing home were wearing diapers. I do remember that I was surprised at first and I don't remember why but I know I used to talk with some of my customer's about my diapers and theirs. (I always was able to talk with adults as a child and preferred that to talking with kids my own age who always seemed stupid from my point of view). So I remember talking about things like how many diaper pins my mom used and how I folded diapers for kids when I was babysitting. But the thing that fascinated me the most however was the Giant Washing Machine in the laundry room that they used to wash all the diapers in. (I was a geek ever way back then :-)

i too am old school,nothing like the feel of cloth diapers pined up,with plastic pants.i even have enjoyed washing my cloth diapers to hang outside to dry,or going to a coin laundry with my load of diapers to wash.i love to see all the moms come in with their babies diapers and the smell as they loaded a washer was intoxicateing.a few times i even remember afemale asking me who all the diapers were for?lol.

4 hours ago, poobrat said:

i even remember a female asking me who all the diapers were for?lol.

With family (as an adult, with my sister and her family), on a long vacation, at a camp ground laundry facility, my sister and I were handling laundry.  I was folding my cloth diapers.  Another lady came in to do some laundry and made a comment about the "towels" I was folding....  and based on response it dawned on them it wasn't towels.....  Nothing more said....  <grin>

I spent almost 4 months in a nursing home wound care facility and had those thin diapers theyuse.

The strange part was a nurse checking my travel bag and finding my XP5000s and wondering why I did not want to use them.

I told her they were for my trip home.

She said she had never seen diapers like them for adults.