LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers vs Slips

dlsafrica

What are Slips? I ask because the diaper I normally get doesnt sem available in médium anymore, and the other store has something called Slips. If they are just like pullups I'll have to keep looking.

15 minutes ago, warpiper said:

A slip is another word for brief, which is another word for diaper. It's one of the euphemisms for diaper that has tapes or tabs.

Just call it a diaper! lol

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I agree Mikey! That's why I hate words like briefs and protective underwear.??? I'm like, "we know what it is. You're not fooling anyone! Just call it what it is already and be done with it! It's as simple as that.??? There's no shame in it, at least there shouldn't be. LOL!???

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dlsafrica said:

Look. I've got pullups that go over the diaper. But i'm suspicious. My other option is Molicare but I've never uses them and I don't know how they are. I'll see if I can find pictures

Molicare used to be great, but I haven't worn one in a year or two.

27 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

When I was in elementary and middle school, I was in a school that had disabled individuals in a special-needs classroom. There were a lot of them that wore diapers. There were a lot of kids that were in our building, and the way they used to deal with talking about this was to say “person X needs a D”. I knew what that was, because I was working in the classroom. I also talk to one of the special educators that was one of my friends, and that is how she said she dealt with it, because the kids needed to use diapers, but they did not want to embarrass them in class or in the building. Some of them are nonverbal, but this is how they were able to deal with that.

I’m glad that they did it this way, because not everyone in the building needs to know of the status. Even if they knew, it should be kept between the school and the parents, and the people that know it.  ?????

Brian

2 minutes ago, dlsafrica said:

Look. I've got pullups that go over the diaper. But i'm suspicious. My other option is Molicare but I've never uses them and I don't know how they are. I'll see if I can find pictures

Why not just use M4s or Northshare????☺️❤️???

• Like 1
1 hour ago, warpiper said:

A slip is another word for brief, which is another word for diaper. It's one of the euphemisms for diaper that has tapes or tabs.

@warpiper

that is an interesting point. I’m assuming the reason why they would call “Tina slip Maxi“ is because of exactly what you said. A slip being a diaper. However, used another way, someone may say they put a slip on, and that refers to something a woman puts over themselves before they put a dress on because the dress is see-through, and that allows someone to not see everything all the way through.

Brian

34 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

When I was in elementary and middle school, I was in a school that had disabled individuals in a special-needs classroom. There were a lot of them that wore diapers. There were a lot of kids that were in our building, and the way they used to deal with talking about this was to say “person X needs a D”. I knew what that was, because I was working in the classroom. I also talk to one of the special educators that was one of my friends, and that is how she said she dealt with it, because the kids needed to use diapers, but they did not want to embarrass them in class or in the building. Some of them are nonverbal, but this is how they were able to deal with that.

I’m glad that they did it this way, because not everyone in the building needs to know of the status. Even if they knew, it should be kept between the school and the parents, and the people that know it.  ?????

Brian

So were you an student or part of the staff??? Just to be clear.? And why were in an special needs classroom?? Could you walk??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Many, many years ago while buying some diapers in a hospital supply store, the nice lady helping me would only call them 'briefs.' I asked about that, and she tried to come up a reason. It was funny, but what was funnier was that the printed receipt called the diapers. When I showed her, she laughed.

15 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

So were you an student or part of the staff??? Just to be clear.? And why were in an special needs classroom?? Could you walk??

I was on a walker and then crutches as I ended up progressing. During my fourth grade year, the Director of special ed came forward to me and asked me if I would be interested in being a part of a special program. This program meant that I would end up going into a special-needs classroom, which we already knew of, because we had one in the building. My job would be to “hang out“ with these kids, and then for example when it is snacktime, I would help them by feeding them the food, talking to them,  And enjoying the time with them. This was a way that the special education director thought would open someone’s eyes to the needs of special needs kids. Since I was already disabled myself, I thought that would be an awesome thing for me to participate in, and I think there was at least two others that went with me to help them.  I was one of those people chosen because I have experience with dealing with my disability, and the Director special ed wanted me to learn about other disabilities, and how people deal with them.

I was in and on an IEP program, but I was doing my classes in a regular classroom, with support from other staff so that I could learn. My problem was my learning disability, along with my physical disabilities. I had problems in school with certain subjects, and sometimes I had problems dealing with interactions, so they had me on an IEP.: Unfortunately, when you were on an IEP, they can write anything they want into this thing, and that becomes part of your “plan“. On several occasions, I was removed from class because my IEP said that it was “appropriate for me to be removed“ sometimes I resisted, and sometimes I was forcefully removed, but I was still the same guy I always have been, and I have always stuck up for those that are less fortunate than me: the only problem is, some teachers thought that it would be a way to “change the way I am“ by removing me from the classroom, when they still had to deal with me having problems with certain subjects. I stood my ground when necessary, and a few times I actually got myself in trouble.

The one time that I almost got myself into serious trouble, I was able to get out of it. The way I did this was to say: you wanted me to write in cursive, you wanted me to take a test, I did this task, you can’t read my words, I read you the words, you marked them wrong, I failed the test. I ended up pushing for it saying that I thought it was unfair, and all the teacher did was to say “your homework for tonight is 50 lowercase cursive “B’s”. I thought that it was unfair that because they thought I failed the test, that I had to do all of these cursive letters, so I force the issue, and I keep on saying to them “I’m not doing this“ then, it started at 50, 60, 70, and I kept on arguing, it ended up at 300  - They asked me if I “had anything else to say” to which I turned around looked him right in the face and said “I will go home tonight, do this assignment, under protest, tomorrow morning my case manager will be informed what I had to do for “homework” and someone is going to pay the price”.

I then asked to speak to my case manager the next morning, the teacher got a call to send me to his office. He asked me “what did I do last night” to that, I looked him right in the face, brought my homework to him last night, and said “this BS IEP paper gives everyone power over me. I spent 3 to 4 hours last night writing 300 lowercase cursive “b’s” rather than my other homework: I respectfully demand that any further homework given to me throughout my entire career, which includes at least two more years at the elementary level, be allowed to be printed: no more cursive writing.  I want a computer in my classroom at all times, because it is my intention that I do all of my homework via computers. There is no reason why I need to be tested for spelling confidence by ending up having to write everything in penmanship form.

I also had them remove any “words” that allowed them to remove me from any classroom. I couldn’t help my emotional outbursts, and I didn’t think that it was fair that it be used against me. This was granted to me, and I never had a problem ever again. Because I always had computers at my disposal.

I was a fourth grade student when I was in the “special-needs classroom“ for that program, and in fifth grade when the teacher gave me that ridiculous assignment for the cursive letters. After the incident an apple IIE Was placed in any classroom that I had access to, so I would never have to deal with this type of ridiculousness again. My case manager told me that there was no reason for them to have to put me through this, because they wanted me to learn and master, rather than try to worry about how it was writing. Since that incident in fifth grade, I never had to write in cursive again, unless I was signing my name to a legal document. I’m telling you, that was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever had to go through in my life. People tell me to stand up for what I know to be right, when I know someone is wrong, and I keep on getting more and more into trouble, and deeper and deeper in a hole. I don’t know if that would happen again to anybody else, but sometimes I think the IEP is just an excuse. For somebody to “write anything they want“ into it and then somebody like me has to follow it. An individualized education is supposed to be something that is unique to you, and it supposed to be set up so that you can get your education, and be treated like your peers. I had a disability, that’s true, but that didn’t stop me from trying to learn like everybody else. I had plenty of friends that weren’t disabled, and some of us were learning disabled, and some of us may have been physically disabled, but the thing is everyone should be treated fairly, and given the opportunity to stand up for what they know to be right. Writing cursive letters is not something that is “mandatory“ to graduate, and as long as you have computers nowadays, you can effectively communicate your feelings and your wants and desires without having to be embarrassed.

i’m glad that I was in regular classes in regular classrooms for the most part. The only time I was in other classrooms, was when I was getting additional help through my IEP. That way I would not get behind or have any issues.

Brian

2 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Many, many years ago while buying some diapers in a hospital supply store, the nice lady helping me would only call them 'briefs.' I asked about that, and she tried to come up a reason. It was funny, but what was funnier was that the printed receipt called the diapers. When I showed her, she laughed.

Yeah the stores here used to call them briefs too. I know they are trying to be kind, but I take it the other way, like there's some shame in wearing a diaper when there shouldn't be

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Yeah the stores here used to call them briefs too. I know they are trying to be kind, but I take it the other way, like there's some shame in wearing a diaper when there shouldn't be

I agree with that. I've always heard them called 'briefs' in medical settings/ medical supply stores. Back in the 00's and early 10's, I got some nice diapers from a small local family-owned business of medical supplies (this was before I interent-ordered diapers so those medical diapers were better than the generic store brands or Depends) and the store employees would correct me if I called them diapers. They said it was about patient/ wearer dignity and not shaming the wearer and helping to dissociate from the stigmas associated with the word diaper.  Maybe by avoiding or tip-toeing around the word it would supposedly help vanilla people accept their need for diapers  briefs or help them mentally disassociate? Like all the shame/stigma of the absorbent garment could be bundled up in the word diaper and chucked out the window if replaced by another word? ?‍♂️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Exactly Mikey!?☺️??❤️?❤️??

• Like 1

Molicare makes some decent stuff, but they make a whole bunch of things that all look and sound like the same thing - and it's different in every market too, which is just plain annoying.  Here's a link to what I suspect you'd be looking for:

https://www.hartmann.info/en-za/products/incontinence-management/all-in-one-incontinence-slip/moderate-incontinence/molicare-premium-slip#products
https://www.hartmann.info/en-za/products/incontinence-management/all-in-one-incontinence-slip/severe-incontinence/molicare-premium-elastic#products

8 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Why not just use M4s or Northshare????☺️❤️???

Because he's in South Africa and they're not available there (Northshore most definitely not... but not entirely sure about Abena.  At least not on a store shelf.). 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Molicare makes some decent stuff, but they make a whole bunch of things that all look and sound like the same thing - and it's different in every market too, which is just plain annoying.  Here's a link to what I suspect you'd be looking for:

https://www.hartmann.info/en-za/products/incontinence-management/all-in-one-incontinence-slip/moderate-incontinence/molicare-premium-slip#products
https://www.hartmann.info/en-za/products/incontinence-management/all-in-one-incontinence-slip/severe-incontinence/molicare-premium-elastic#products

Because he's in South Africa and they're not available there (Northshore most definitely not... but not entirely sure about Abena.  At least not on a store shelf.). 

Why is Northshore not available in South Africa???

• Like 1