LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thanks for reading!

The final two chapters will come next week.

————

The Present(s) 10 - Almost Midnight

Jenny pressed the button on the side of the tablet and… and…

He dodged it.

How had he managed to do that?

By focusing on the present moment. That’s how.

The entire room was just noise: the ongoing villainous monologue, the slowly fading paralysis, the complete princess makeover, the floor and ceiling, the smell of baby powder, the crinkly diaper, the sun and moon, the no-show meteor.

Nothing was as important as that finger on the side of the tablet.

So he saw it coming, and he dodged it, just like Kinsey said.

The flash of light meant to scramble his brain was now only doing harm to his sensitive skin on the side of his face. The computer screen was no longer a blank soul-sucking white, it was a multi-colored, spinning circus in his periphery. James fought hard to keep his eyes on the ceiling as the flashing colors illuminated everything.

The Little Gramcracker now had a new act. He couldn’t let Miss Jenny know that he avoided her brainwashing. James had to play along, just like he did all night.

“Alright, James.”

For some reason, she had reverted to his real name.

“Raise your right arm over your head,” she commanded as coolly as the weather outside.

Panic set in. Which arm was his right arm? He had to get it right, there was no tricking her if he stupidly lifted his left instead.

James elevated his right arm like it was tied to an invisible balloon. He managed to conjure up a dreamy, out-of-sorts expression on his face to help sell the ruse. There was no way to tell if it was working. At the same time, he made sure that he didn’t put his eyes on that screen.

“Now tap yourself on the head four times,” said Jenny.

One, two, three, four.

The number of the monsters in the small party room. He counted them down, at least four times. The same number of times he patted his hand on top of his head.

“Perfect. Now say ‘I’m a dumb Little’.”

James doubled down on his silly dreamlike expression, but maybe letting his tongue hang out of his mouth was overkill.

“I’m a stoopid Little,” repeated James, adding a slight slurring to his fake brainwashed voice.

“Even better,” Jenny laughed. “Now the next part is super important, so I need you to pay attention. You’re going to get a special code word for a very special mission, are you excited?"

James smiled and nodded like an idiot.

"So when I say our special word, you're going to need to show everyone how much you love messing your diaper. I want to fill that diaper up, and that will make you feel so good. Isn't it good to just let it all out? Think about letting it all out in your diaper."

He tried to think of anything but letting it all out in his diaper, which was just as useful as trying not to think of a pink elephant. It was all he could think about, he felt a fullness in him. He hadn't gone potty since showing up, and the need to tinkle was a tiny itch. The need to poop was nowhere to be found, but now that he was thinking about it...

"Are you ready to hear our word, James?" The Betweener continued. "This word can only come from me. Not from Kinsey, or Anne-Margot, or Nanny Mamsy, or Rhonda Raucier. Only from me, and from me only. If you understand that, say 'otay'."

James wanted to recoil from the baby talk, but said it anyway. "Otay!"

"You're so cute, James. Thanks for being so cute, you're going to make me a lot of money."

What was he supposed to say? 'You're welcome'? This wasn't in any way shape or form of how he thought the night was going to go, trying to pretend to be brainwashed so he wouldn't actually be brainwashed wasn't on the to-do list when he woke up this morning.

Jenny waited a few seconds. "Our special word is... Midnight."

Midnight. That was easy enough to remember. It was the word he was most looking forward to hearing since learning about the contract. That's when this all would end: Midnight. If he had a clean diaper by midnight he was free to go. That's why Jenny was putting in this 'fail-safe', in case he didn't have a dirty diaper before the party was over. This Tweener was a lot of things, most of them synonyms of crazy, but she was also clever, wiley, and another synonym for clever.

"I'm sorry that I can't say it again, or you'll become a little stinker, and we want you to poop that diaper so everyone can see. A messy baby loves an audience."

He could see her go for something out of the corner of his eye, his gaze toward the ceiling was beginning to wear on him, a tiredness that he didn't expect. It's hard to look at something for a very long time when you want to look elsewhere. James wished he didn't crane his neck so hard to steer his face from the colorful screen.

"We're almost done, and you're being so good," praised Jenny. "Now, for our last trick, I want you to close your eyes and open your mouth. Come on, it's going to be so much fun."

It was almost over. James couldn’t believe he was able to pull this off. He also couldn't wait to tell Kinsey how he dodged the screen and tricked the Tweener; she would actually think he was cool for once, and he imagined how impressed she’d be by this present moment.

James closed his eyes and opened up his mouth.

She coaxed him, "Wider now, a little bit wider."

He did what he was told, the anxiety leaving him as he could see the flashing light from beneath his eyelids. James stuck his tongue out, like he would at a dentist, exposing his entire back molars to Jenny. He could do this!

Another mistake.

Whatever she put in his mouth tasted like chocolate. Soft and sweet. About the size to fit in his hand, not enough to hurt to swallow, but enough to be a mouthful.

James savored the flavor for a moment before realizing what was really happening. This was laxative chocolate, the kind used to help Littles go number 2 — even if they didn't want to go number 2. James didn't want to go number 2, especially while wearing a diaper that he couldn't remove.

His eyes shot open just in time to catch the oncoming pacifier in Jenny’s hand.

But it was already too late.

It was in his mouth. The chocolate, the pacifier.

Jenny was already twisting the dial, expanding the rubber bulb, further pushing the chocolate laxative deeper down his gullet.

He had full control of his body now, slamming his hands against the forearms of the Tweener. He tried to push the chocolate out of his mouth with his tongue, but it only managed to smoosh up the mushy candy-medicine against the pacifier bulb. The gate to his mouth was closed and nothing was getting out.

Jenny was bigger and stronger than him. However, she was no Nanny Mamsy by any means. James managed to push her away, and she stumbled back against the door.

“I guess they didn’t offer any acting classes in Gramcracker school,” mocked Jenny as she collected herself. "That was a nice trick, pretending to be under the influence, but you're not going to need my commands to mess that diaper after you digest those chocolates."

He didn’t attempt to say anything back, trying desperately to pull the pacifier from his mouth. It was no use. The chocolate was liquifying from his saliva, sneaking in trickle by trickle until the mush in his mouth would later become mush in his diaper.

“I’ll send Anne-Margot down in around ten minutes to bring you upstairs,” Jenny said like it was business as usual. “See you at the party, Jamie.”

Then she was out the door.

James checked to see if it was locked from the outside, he had to. Desperation has a tendency to throw logic out the window. He banged from his side of the door, ignoring its red light. It was locked, he was trapped, it was all over except for the crying.

Acceptance vs Actuality.

If he just swallowed, it’d be done. No more worrying about the present moment. Every present moment would be chosen for him, like outfits in a closet, his life a script for him, but not by him.

But James didn’t swallow. Holding onto the hope that he could hold out, just like Little Amy in the terrible machine.

The chocolate slime coated his teeth, he pressed against it as much as possible, gagging on the sensation. There were tears, and lots of them. Make-up paints a picture as it melts, the blue eyeshadow smeared against the pink blush, tiny purple rivulets streaked down his cheeks.

They’d have to redo his face, he thought to himself, and he worried that they’d be mad at him.

It was all part of the dance, this feeling of getting too close to the fire. He wasn’t just burned; he was charred. When this medicine worked its magic, he was going to be adopted for sure. They’d make him wear diapers and baby clothes, maybe make him perform silly songs, they’d carry him around like a Little accessory.

Was it any different from being a Gramcracker?

Yes. It was different. Just in ways he couldn’t quite describe.

The door to his room opened.

That was a quick ten minutes…

James turned to see who was there. Boy, was he in for a surprise.

It was Mamsy, not Anne-Margot.

Nanny rushed into the room, dropped to her knees, and released the pacifier with a quick turn of the bulb. It was out of his mouth and onto the floor, taking with it a string of chocolate spit worthy of the record books. She held out a hand in front of his mouth, the other wrapping around him and tapping a soothing rhythm on his back.

“Spit it now, Jamie.”

The Little hesitated. Was this a trick or something?

“These hands have caught vomit, collected spit up and touched poop more times than I can count,” assured Nanny Mamsy. "I think it can handle a bit of chewed up chocolate."

James did as he was told. It was gross, and childish, he felt as helpless as a B-word.

"Is that all of it?" Nanny asked as he dry-heaved in front of her. "I don't want to have to take you over my shoulder, make you burp one out."

James didn't want that either. So he spat again, this time her satisfaction. He watched her with keen eyes as she located a hand towel in Kinsey's closet, wiping her palms with a tired expression on her face.

"Why are you helping me?" James asked.

He didn't know why he asked. It was all he could say after the sudden turn of events.

Nanny Mamsy grinned a sly grin. "Let's just say I'm old fashioned, I'm used to doing things the right way, and not the quick way."

"What's that mean?” James asked as he cocked an eyebrow. “You like using cloth diapers instead of disposables or something?"

"I can pin a cloth diaper to a Little - if that's what you want," she answered matter-of-factly.

Great. Even more miscommunication with the Nanny, but this time he wasn't on the wrong end of a body slam. James shifted his weight, which made his diaper crinkle. Due to recent events, he had forgotten all about the pink overalls, pink diaper with hearts for a wetness indicator.

Nanny continued, "Things typically end up where they're supposed to go, there's no need to rush an inevitability- "

"But I thought you were mean!" James held his hands over his mouth when he realized he talked out of turn.

"Jamie, sweetie. You have just as much choice over my actions as you do your own. Throw a tantrum and you'll end up over my knee or in a corner. Remain polite and respectful, and I'll return in kind."

He thought about things for a brief moment, about the dance or the monsters.

Truth and facts can sometimes shift after revelations. Yes, to a Little like himself, Nanny Mamsy was a monster. A giant of a woman with an innate sense of maternal justice, but maybe she had a teeny-weeny soft side worth exploring or giving credit. His diaper would be thankful for her intervention, that was for sure.

"Come on now, let's touch you up before we head upstairs, we're going to be opening presents."

-----

Once upstairs, the Amazons confronted Jenny in the backstage hallway. Anne-Margot wanted answers while Nanny Mamsy sought revenge, and James hid behind them like a child. He only wished Kinsey was out there with him, she was already in the small party room with Rachelle, which left Jenny all on her lonesome against the two miffed Bigs.

Jenny sounded her argument with loud talking and arms crossed.

"If you would have heard the potty words coming from his potty mouth, you'd have done the same."

No one believed her lies.

The Tweener probably wished she had on heels because her attempts to appear taller were falling short.

There were a few noticeable changes to the backstage hallway, with its bright lights and white floors.

The long train of mobile changing tables was missing a few cars, and the scent in the air wasn't just of baby powder. It stank of recent dirty diapers, the ghostly presence made him crinkle his nose, and he wondered about the stories that accompanied the smell.

The Amazons didn't seem to worry about the smell, or the missing changing tables, or the fact it was getting closer to midnight.

Anne-Margot had another question, but she had a strange way of asking it.

The Amazon still had tinsel in her hair, but no drink in her hand, someone smarter must have cut her off for the evening. She was still sort of wobbly, moving about the hall casually flapping her hands about, as if she was looking for something in particular.

Jenny slowed her excuses as she watched Anne-Margot dig into a nearby changing table, one that did not have the name 'The Rauciers' stenciled on the side.

"Anne-Margot, what are you doing?" Jenny asked.

Anne-Margot turned to the group brandishing a group of disposable diapers fanned out like a hand of playing cards.

The Amazon asked, “Do you guys have any diapers that can fit a Tweener?”

Jenny squeaked as she stepped away, folding her hands across her shirt to keep her clothes on her body. This was not supposed to happen; in her five years here, this was the first time that the clients had taken a ‘liking’ to her. Time to redirect.

“I’m sorry but tonight is about the Littles, maybe we could accommodate you for next years party?”

“That’s funny,” Anne-Margot corrected, “I thought tonight was about what ‘we’ wanted.”

“You’re absolutely right, ma’am.” Jenny placated with a short bow. “I apologize.”

“No, if you touch that Little one more time — you will be sorry.”

As the three made their way into the small party room, James made sure to high step right on by Miss Jenny as her night continued to further crumble.

The Amazons were pretty pissed about what had happened to him, and he didn’t even mention the brainwashing ‘Project Midnight’. James kept that info as extra ammunition for a later present moment; because ‘the dance’, as Jenny called it, was all about timing.

————

The dark small party room was just as dark as he remembered.

Anne-Margot busied herself by setting up the special surprise reveal while her sister sat upright on her throne, a blindfold keeping a giddy Rhonda out of the loop. They had moved the chairs closer to the fire, the decorated tree, and the dozens of presents. Someone had turned on some holiday music, jazzy stuff that spiked the energy of the entire room.

Jenny still hustled about trying to help, she was on camera duty. Still clutching onto anything that made her a seller and not the product, but she gave the Raucier gang a wide berth and for good reason.

This time around, James was feeling pretty good about things. He had somehow managed to dodge a reprogramming and a laxative chocolate ambush in a period of ten minutes. He also knew everything he needed to know about Jenny. For the first time tonight, he felt like he was in control over his destiny; but sadly not his wardrobe, pink unicorn coveralls and matching bulky diaper were far from ideal party clothes.

The clock read 11:03. Less than an hour until paycheck time.

He was totally going to pee the longest lasting pee of his life when this was all said and done. And in a toilet, not a diaper! A thought that uplifted him like the jazz music.

Yes, James felt like he was the only Little on top of the world.

Up until he saw Kinsey.

His Little partner hid in a dark corner away from everyone. He could tell something was wrong, like dreadfully wrong. She was in overalls like him, but the ones the Bigs made her wear were blue in color, and instead of a unicorn with fluffy clouds and rainbows, Kinsey had a trio of dinosaurs on the front. The coveralls weren't as important as her ‘other’ changes. Her face was hidden in her hands, she was meek and quiet, and she did something different with her hair.

He had expected her to rag on him after seeing him dressed as a girl.

James toddled over to see what was the matter, the diaper and overalls made him wibble-wobble from side to side.

Then he noticed what was so different.

“Hey, Kins-ing-ton. Did you cut your hair?”

The model turned around just as he got close enough to get a good look at her; slowly removing her hands, revealing her boyish face sans make up.

Kinsey looked like him.

It was eerie, a living mirror in the flesh, an uncanny resemblance of him that wasn’t him. A Kinsey clone. Or a James clone. Which would make him the Kinsey clone.

“Oh, waffles!” muttered James.

There was no answer from Kinsey, she had a dead behind the eyes look like she’d just suffered some sort of damage or trauma. Powerful things that James wasn’t built to diagnose, or fix in any way, but he gave her a hug anyways. A hug she barely returned, as her arms hung limp at her sides.

James pulled back, looked her straight in the eyes.

Her breath smelled like chocolate.

“Kinsey, Kinsey!” James said as he tried to shake some life into his friend. “Please tell me that you didn’t eat the chocolate.”

Kinsey mumbled, “I didn’t eat the chocolate… ”

Oh, come on. This wasn’t fair, she had all the signs of a recent mind-scrub, what kind of awful things did Jenny do to his friend?

What was he supposed to do now? James thought about his ‘ammunition’ and ‘timing’.

If she was this far gone she wouldn’t be able to protect herself, but maybe those Amazons would be able to do something. That's when James realized that he was thinking of the monsters as protection from the monsters. A weird thought.

“Kinsey, you have got to wake up. I don’t know if I can do this without you, I don’t want to be alone.”

He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled into the slightly taller girl’s shoulder.

“Just please wake up,” James repeatedly pleaded.

He felt her stir to life, slightly repositioning herself within his embrace. Or maybe he just wished it were so.

“Gram-gram, if you keep this up you're going to wreck your eyeshadow," mocked Kinsey.

All James managed to blurt was "Wha-?"

He quickly relinquished his hug to find good old Kinsey in front of him.

Yeah, she may have looked like him with the new haircut, but she had a unique way of cocking one hip to the side as if she owned the place. James moved in for a second hug, for which he was rebuffed. This was getting too mushy for the Little model.

It was time to start their age old battle of Little insults.

"I love what you did with your.. everything." Kinsey motioned from his head to toe. "It's cute, very girly. Maybe if you’re good we can go out and buy you some dolls. Is that supposed to be me?”

“I don’t know, Kins-ing-ton.” James reared back to look for the right approach. “If you wanted to be me, you should’ve asked. Because I’m already sick of being you.”

“Touché, that cuts deep. Especially coming from the Little sister that I never wanted.”

James countered, “Well, your hair sucks!”

Which was a bad insult because her new hair was like his old hair.

“I know,” Kinsey commented as she pretended to be James. “It’s almost as if I’m begging to be treated like a Little girl while pretending to be a Little boy. Thank goodness I still have my pretty singing voice, which means my *whistle* *whistle* still haven’t dropped.”

The lewd motion she made while pointing between her legs was only the poignant cherry on the humility sundae.

"Kinsey!" James spat, unable to fire back while she laughed at him. "What was wrong with you? You were totally out of it."

"I was just thinking about something, no biggie. You're so worried about me, what about you? Did you eat any candy or drink any milk like a total newbie?"

James shook his head. "No. Did you?"

"Of course not." Kinsey had a way of laughing things off.

But James didn't believe her. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, what's wrong? You’re looking at me all weird and concerned-like. Feel free to stop."

"What about Jenny's tablet?" James moved onto his next worry. "Did she get you with that?"

Kinsey scratched her head, then ran a hand down the length of where her hair used to be, but her fingers just dangled in the air until she quickly brought them to her chest.

"No, no. I dodged it again. I mean, she didn't even have it with her. Or something."

"Which was it? Did you dodge it or did she not have it with her?"

"Calm down, James. I don't remember. No big deal." Kinsey let out a nervous giggle as her eyes darted towards Jenny and away from their private corner before changing the subject. "I guess they thought this haircut would make me look like you. Do I really look like that? Are we supposed to act like each other? Like twins?”

"I think that's what they have in mind," James answered. "I think we're pawns in their Little games."

"We always have been, Gram-gram."

The word ‘dance’ flashed through his mind, especially the way Jenny said it with such malice.

The two partners addressed the last act as a duo, an inseparable pair held together by a pinky promise. Still, James had his doubts about Kinsey’s story, it raised his hackles. Kinsey wouldn't lie to him, would she?

It didn’t matter. It wouldn’t matter.

It was almost midnight. They were almost done.

-------

• Like 15
  • direking changed the title to The Present(s) - 10 Almost Midnight

Your time is almost done gram cracker…. That cloth diaper and plastic baby pants you are so wanting to avoid from the Nanny has midnight stencilled all over them… enjoy your last 50 minutes of relative adulthood as James because you already look so much better in your new wardrobe playing the part of Kinsey in your thick padding and baby pink overalls as Mrs Raucier’s diapered toddler girl. 

• Like 1

Awesome update!! I look forward to seeing how this plays out. Great surprise with Nanny as well. James was very surprised she is actually a person, same with Anne Margot. They wanted James to be a baby Little but not bullied or completely forced. Very interesting. Great job again!

• Like 1
On 3/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, Tracey said:

Your time is almost done gram cracker…. That cloth diaper and plastic baby pants you are so wanting to avoid from the Nanny has midnight stencilled all over them… enjoy your last 50 minutes of relative adulthood as James because you already look so much better in your new wardrobe playing the part of Kinsey in your thick padding and baby pink overalls as Mrs Raucier’s diapered toddler girl. 

Uh-oh. Someone is on team 'Amazon'. As for the baby girl treatment, Rhonda Raucier is a woman who likes her options. She's more into the gender fluidity of Jamie, so she can have her baby girl and baby boy at the same time. It really makes things more efficient for her constantly changing mind.

On 3/4/2022 at 10:31 PM, SGTbaby said:

Awesome update!! I look forward to seeing how this plays out. Great surprise with Nanny as well. James was very surprised she is actually a person, same with Anne Margot. They wanted James to be a baby Little but not bullied or completely forced. Very interesting. Great job again!

Yeah, that was kind of weird to switch things around. I didn't fully plan on the Amazons being better than the Betweener. Honestly, I blame all of the comments that went against Jenny.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:37 AM, gcbcle said:

Really good story and loved the last couple chapters. Can't wait to see how it all plays out!

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:53 PM, Diaperingdaddy said:

I love love this story I hope Jenny gets some equil treatment ?

We'll see...

12 hours ago, Guilend said:

I can’t wait till the next chapter 

You won't have to wait much longer. I plan on posting the final chapter tomorrow, and then the story is done.

Thanks for reading!

The Present(s) 11 - At Midnight

James and Kinsey held hands in front of the Amazons. He was dressed like she, and she like he, one Big practical joke all for the sake of entertainment.

Each Amazon had their own reaction once the blindfold came off.

Mrs. Rhonda Raucier gently applauded at the newly revealed gender swapped Littles.

Jenny and Rachelle leered and cheered at their two handholding, cringing victims.

Nanny Mamsy sorta smiled at the cuteness but maintained her low-key demeanor.

Meanwhile, Anne-Margot was beside herself, loudly carrying on about the cute couple.

“He is so pretty! And look how handsome Kinsey is with short hair.”

“I can’t tell them apart!”

“Maybe they’re related! Precious!”

“Someone should check their diapers, they look Little enough for accidents.”

This was an all new low, a new humiliating ‘dance’ for James and Kinsey. James had to remind himself of the ticking clock as the cooed catcalls and the loud baby talk rained down. It was all a part of a performance that would hopefully come to an end at midnight. So he shouldn't do anything to jeopardize their victory, even if he wanted to run and hide, or wait for the meteor.

James turned to Kinsey and squeezed her hand, hoping it would send a supportive message. She squeezed him back; like hard, real hard, too hard. Then she wouldn’t let go, and she kept squeezing and squeezing until he pulled his hand free, trying to shake his squished knuckles apart.

“You’re hurting me on purpose!” James whispered.

Kinsey giggled.

“Just because you’re dressed like a Little girl, doesn’t mean you have to cry like one.”

Next time the Amazons weren’t looking, he was totally going to kick her in the shins.

No, they didn’t fool Rhonda Raucier with their Little ‘Switcheroo’. She never thought that James was Kinsey or Kinsey was James.

Maybe that was never the point of the wardrobe switch-up trickeration. Maybe the point was that they were dolls to be dressed up and stripped down, to be toddler boys or pretty girls, or just babies. It was creepy, but not as creepy as her sense of ‘ownership’ of him.

Rhonda Raucier claimed she could spot ‘her Jamie’ anywhere.

The Amazon beamed, “That’s my Jamie.”

Emphasis on the ‘my’ part.

It sent shivers down his spine, even Kinsey failed to find a joke amidst the absurd.

“I do have to admit, this does get the ‘motor going’," Rhonda continued to dehumanize the Littles in her busy Amazon mind. "I’m already considering the different possibilities of mixing and matching."

“Aren’t Littles fun?” Anne-Margot nudged her sister in the shoulder. "I mean, boy or girl, it doesn't really matter under the diaper."

Mrs. Raucier laughed.

“I’m not going to immediately change my mind on things, I’m just saying that it’s ‘interesting’.”

“Well, we only have the Littles until midnight,” Rachelle reminded the Amazons with a heavy hand.

James tensed up at the mention of the word ‘Midnight’. Kinsey never even noticed.

They were busy at the moment.

Jenny took the opportunity to snap a quick picture of the two posing in front of the tree. This was pose number ten or so, which included the Littles hugging and pressing cheek to cheek. The poses were all equally humiliating; still no diaper shots, so that was something. There were the ones by the fire, on the shiny tricycles, and riding the rocking horses. The pictures probably joined the few that were taken in the changing room downstairs earlier that evening.

They made James take more feminine poses, since he was the one in pink. Legs crossing, hands folding. Sometimes they took pictures of just him, pushing Kinsey to the side and out of their spotlight. A lot of times, actually. All at the behest of Rhonda Raucier who looked on as the cognitive wheels spun in her devious Amazon mind.

Kinsey was good at taking pictures; while James was less so. He couldn't concentrate on the present moment, even for a brief smile. There were many angry comments about how he needed to look at the camera, or the 'birdie', which also meant the camera.

His brain kept trying to work over what he should do next. Kinsey was either lying about the chocolate, or not remembering, which was probably worse. He faked another smile for the camera; twelve o’clock couldn’t come soon enough. Kinsey’s condition was a problem that needed a fix, and James would have to figure that all out, because he shouldn't count out Jenny the Little Wrangler. Crazy, wiley Jenny.

But first they had to open the presents.

“Not before he opens his outfit!” Rhonda Raucier shouted as they settled into the present opening.

It looked as though another wardrobe change was in order.

“And I want more pictures of Jamie!”

And some more of those as well.

“We can do the outfits after the presents,” offered Anne-Margot.

The crowned CEO made a grouchy Amazon, making her displeasure known with a loud ‘hmph’.

Rhonda asked, “You sure we’ll have enough time?”

Her sister answered, “Totally.”

James looked up at the clock. 11:30. This night would never end.

———-

They had all gathered around for the opening of presents. The row of Bigs in their chairs, and the Littles sitting among the many boxes with bows under the tree.

Anne-Margot wildly pointed at a wrapped box at James’ side. “Oh, oh. Open this one, it’s from me!”

The Little picked it up with a pair shaking hands. It wasn’t a big box. You know, like a box full of diapers, or an expandable playpen, and it couldn’t have been a high chair. It was smallish and narrow, but still oversized for him.

Nanny said, “Go on, it’s rude to make us wait, Jamie.”

James started by tentatively peeling away a corner of the red and green wrapping paper before ripping it open. He had a sick need to find out what was in these boxes, every single one with his name on it, even if they misspelled it as ‘Jamie’.

He tore open the box within the paper to reveal its contents to the whole room.

It was a microphone.

No, not like a real microphone. An oversized kiddie ones that babies and toddlers pretend to be singers to impress their mommies and daddies. It had flashing shapes and lights, buttons to press to make funny high pitched voices, and it had a long lasting battery life according to a sticker on its side.

James stared at it for a moment, trying to figure out what to do next. It was so late in the game that he’d just give them what they wanted from him.

Anne-Margot waited for his reaction.

So he gave her one.

“A microphone! I can’t wait to sing on it. Thanks, Anne-Margot.”

The lie sounded alright, she beamed to the other women like she knew that she had the best present. Working over the Bigs was just like working for tips. You gave them a little, but you stayed far from the flames of the fire. 'The Dance' in application.

Kinsey opened something small, like a thin book or magazine. Turns out it was a magazine, a Little fashion magazine, but she didn’t look past the picture on the cover before tossing it aside.

She did a decent job pretending to enjoy her gift, but her face turned as red as Santa’s underwear. James leaned in to catch a glimpse of what caused the blush.

The model on the cover of the magazine was someone he recognized: Kinsey in nothing but a diaper and a bib. And a smile?

There was more to the picture; she had cake batter and white frosting on her hands and cheeks, and a dollop of whip cream on her nose. She looked just like a baby on her 1st birthday, face deep in smash cake. Her somewhat nudity was almost risqué, but he doubted the Amazons saw it that way.

“Care to explain this?” James whispered through a smirk.

“I’ll explain what I did to your body to the police, every freaking detail for each disassembled part." Kinsey shoved a present into his chest. "Open another one, Gram-gram. You might get a matching xylophone or tambourine for your Little baby band.”

The ‘presents moment’ went as follows, the Littles opened gifts that were for either Jamie or Kinsington. While Rhonda got some of the bigger presents: a pair of large cribs that needed assembly, a stroller that could sit two Littles adjacently, some high chairs and foldable playpens were in her name. Even matching diaper bags with that fancy ‘The Rauciers’ script stitched into the sides.

This lady had everything she needed to adopt Littles. James and Kinsey just had to make sure they weren’t the ones being adopted. The pair cringed with every tear of the paper, every smile and coo, every hungry look with wanting-eyes at the two of them after each gift.

James got more presents than Kinsey. Not that he was counting, or making it a competition, or anything. Who would want to get more onesies and footies with arrows that pointed to butts and crotches with jokes about poop or pee, or a shirt that said 'Mommy's favorite singer'? Still, that beat the heck out of 'Mommy's big mess' which he had opened just minutes before.

Nanny Mamsy had given the pair of Littles nanny-made matching bonnets, in baby blue and pretty pink. James got to wear the pink one since it matched his coveralls. And Jenny took pictures of the two of them.

This was an awkward look because they weren't even dressed as babies.

They were in toddler play clothes.

Each present was equally confusing in that regard, like the Amazons couldn't decide whether these Littles were babies, toddlers, or adults. A strange set of rules were in place and enforced, rules that were decided and changed by the Amazons as quick as they changed outfits and diapers.

Which brought to question: what were they planning to do with all of this baby stuff after midnight?

James was sure to throw them all away.

Maybe he'd keep the microphone as a keepsake, a trophy on how he got over on a four headed hydra of an Amazon 'Quad Squad', or how he dodged the evil intentions of a Betweener with a Little grudge. He thought to keep it as a reminder of how he met Kinsey. They should exchange contact info after this was done, James wanted to see her again.

"This big one is from me,” Rhonda Raucier announced to the room. “Finally, I can see you like I saw you the first time.”

Everyone quieted as James began to work on the huge ‘James-sized’ present in front of him, the only other noise in the room was Jenny as she took pictures of his every move. This time zooming in on the big present, the big moment, documenting the scene for whose need exactly?

"A box!" James joked. "What I always wanted!"

The room all appreciated his joke, everyone except Kinsey.

"You're so stupid, Gramcracker."

James responded out the side of his mouth, "I'm just trying to stall, we're almost done here. We did it."

"We did didn't we," returned Kinsey.

They exchanged a smile. Kinsey was very pretty, somehow he hadn't noticed it all night. Not until this present moment, with the ethereal soft lights of the tree forming a shimmering halo around her face. Probably because this was the first time that she had a genuine feeling towards him that wasn't disappointment or disgust.

Then James opened the huge Little-sized box. The lid tumbled to the floor as his heart sunk in his chest.

His Little Boy Blue costume, with a child-toy trumpet. Probably from the same toy line as the microphone.

The Amazons all erupted with glee, even Nanny Mamsy looked happy to see the costume.

James once again wished for the meteor, compelling its advance under a deep blush and gritted teeth. This was in front of Kinsey, of all people to see him with a Gramcracker outfit.

"Put it on, put it on!" Anne-Margot cheered while standing on her chair.

"Yes, please." Mrs. Raucier was all smiles.

Once again, it was time for another wardrobe change. Jenny closed in on him with a wicked smile before being pushed aside by Mamsy and Anne-Margot. The coveralls were tossed aside, their usefulness long gone, the trick of dressing him like Kinsey was a one-off. Maybe. Now if someone would do something about the ribbon in places where ribbons didn't belong.

"You guys should probably check his diaper," Jenny reminded from the periphery of the undressing. A long shot worth taking in her book.

Anne-Margot squeezed his bottom before doing the same to the front of his diaper. All clean. James scowled at the Betweener, he had almost forgotten about his ammunition. He looked up at the clock. 11:48. How the heck had they managed to get this far? They were almost there, no boat-rocking.

Things to know about the Little Boy Blue costume. It was similar to his coveralls, but more form fitting like lederhosen, and it also had a matching periwinkle bow tie and hat. It was tight, and cute, and blue. He'd never worn it with a diaper which made it tighter; and to the Amazons, probably made the costume cuter. It didn't do anything to affect the blueness, however.

Kinsey really appreciated the costume. She even gave it a thumbs up. James just knew he'd find out her real opinion later in some biting remark.

However, this time, James got to have the last laugh.

For the next Little-sized box revealed an outfit for Kinsey. It was the Gramcraker version of a Little Miss Muffet get up. They were a duo after all, a two person act.

Mrs. Raucier said, “I got this for Jamie, but you can try it on.”

Kinsey forced a smile before the Amazons descended on her as well.

The Muffet-dress had a pair of large x’s on the bodice, and it was puffy and fluffy in all the wrong places. The short flaring skirt barely covered the ruffled petticoats, and her white diaper peeked out from beneath like a not-so kept secret. Nanny Mamsy thought it was a good idea for her to keep wearing the bonnet. All of the other Bigs agreed, and Kinsey knew better than to put up a fight.

Anne-Margot checked Kinsey’s diaper as well; it was all clean, all good. They’d get through this bad patch then it would be over.

James thought about things.

The Little Boy Blue, the toy trumpet, and the childish microphone. The presents came as Rhonda Raucier knew him, but she only knew his act as a Gramcracker. The way he played for tips, or his part of 'the dance'.

That’s all he was to her, an act. An idea. A Jamie but not a James.

Where was he going with this information? He didn't know. It was just an observation.

“Now for one final gift of the evening,” Jenny announced before she set aside her camera. “The most important thing a baby needs, besides tender, loving care. Jamie and Kinsington, why don’t you open this one together?”

The Betweener managed to slide a huge wrapped box from around the decorated tree. It was the size of both Littles put together, but sat chest high on the floor.

Kinsey stood up and kept trying to slide down her ‘lower tunic’ to cover her bulky diaper, while James noticed his pink one poking out of his waistline of his tight shorts. They cautiously waddled and toddled to the large box, unsure about the whole thing. Especially since it came from Jenny.

“Can someone take a picture of me with our two Little helpers?”

No one from the Raucier group moved from their seats. Rachelle the seamstress was quick to snatch up the camera. Taking a few pictures of the Littles and their smiling wrangler, as the Tweener wrapped her hands around their shoulders, bringing all three tightly together.

Jenny whispered, “Another successful night, and another dollar.”

“You’re not going to win,” James whispered back.

She answered, “We’ll see…”

The Littles began unwrapping the final box. It was pretty obvious what it was as soon as they started, but they slowly continued until there was no more paper to cover up the shame.

It was a large box of one thousand diapers.

The brand was ‘His and Hers’. Fifty percent boy diapers in baby blue, the other fifty in girly pink. First came the astute observations, next came the snide jokes from Nanny and Anne-Margot about how they’d need ‘every single one’ or wondering how long one thousand diapers would last. Expert mathematicians to the last one.

Rachelle continued to take pictures of the two posing by the box like it was the highlight of the evening.

James looked up at the clock.

11:59.

Midnight! They’d done it! They’d fulfilled their end of their contract until completion. He searched the small party room for Jenny to revel in his victory, hoping to send a gloating cheeky wink in her direction. Only to feel her presence right behind him, and he could also feel her evil, cold and dark smile.

This wasn’t a good thing — it was ominous, like a trap already set.

And James knew exactly what was coming.

It was too late. James couldn’t stop her, couldn’t save this present moment, he had waited too long to fire his ammunition.

"Well, it's almost midnight," Jenny said before pausing. “I’d like to thank everyone for coming— “

“What’s happening?” Kinsey screamed as she spread her legs into a deep squat.

“I know that face,” Nanny muttered before standing up from her seat.

James knew, too. He just didn’t have the heart to tell Kinsey while she was so panic-stricken. The code word ‘Midnight’ triggered a chain reaction, now the chocolate-laxative brainwash would do what it wanted with Kinsey. And all he could do was watch. Just like with Little Amy.

They all stared as Kinsington started openly messing her diaper.

Time does funny things when the chaos moves into motion.

Sometimes it moves so fast, like a chocolate-ramming pacifier or the ninja hands of Nanny Mamsy.

Other times it feels slow and helpless, like sleep paralysis or a waking nightmare, or Little Amy vs the machine.

Both anomalies were here within the same present moment.

“This isn’t what it looks like..” That’s as far as Kinsey got before she got hit by another round.

There was no more denying it, she collapsed onto her hands and knees as she noisily defiled herself. Her puffy Muffet-dress rode higher on her diaper, revealing the bulky butt of the disposable.

“Help me! James, someone. I can’t ugh…”

Kinsey couldn’t finish talking as her mouth hung open as her eyes bulged.

Another powerful cramp brought her to the floor. Her diaper tooshie shot up into the air. On hands and knees, Kinsey tried crawling to get away from the mess collecting on her backside. She’d crawl, then stop, then mess again. Unfortunately, she rotated enough until the Amazons so they could get a good look at butt end of that diaper.

James also got a good look, and it wasn't looking good for Kinsey. That disposable was drooping something bad, and he could see the discoloration beginning to bleed through the pristine white. How could they let this happen? Jenny must have gotten to Kinsey with the code word ‘Midnight’, gotten her when she failed to get him.

“Oh my! That’s quite a diaper!” Anne-Margot commented as she pinched her nose.

Rachelle weaseled her way out of the room. Useless as always, that one.

Kinsey tried explaining, “This normally doesn’t happen, I’m potty trained, I swear.”

Then she looked to James for help.

Then she said it.

“Waffles! James. Waffles!”

Their promise.

James had failed to fulfill his end of their promise.

He was so mad at himself. Why didn’t he warn her or tell the Amazons about Jenny? What was he supposed to do now? Change her diaper and pretend this didn’t happen? Maybe he should burst into song as this all went down? It wasn’t funny. It was sad and scary. For the hundredth time tonight, he wanted to cry. A biological response to seeing his dear friend scared and humiliated.

So he just watched the Actuality unfold.

Nanny Mamsy turned to Rhonda Raucier awaiting ‘confirmation’ that her crowned client didn't want anything to do with the aftermath of Kinsey's accident. Rhonda nodded with a horrified look on her face, which was part in parcel with being a new mommy. Nanny Mamsy was anything other than a new mommy. She had years of experience of dealing with leaky up-the-backers or outfit-ruining down-the-legs messes. It was what she was paid to handle.

She wisely waited behind Kinsey until the Little was done.

Mamsy said, "Alright, here we go."

The Big nanny lifted Kinsey from the ground from beneath her armpits. Kinsington was a doll after all, helplessly hanging in the air with a shocked expression on her face.

Suddenly, Kinsey realized the impact of her accident, and wildly came to life in Nanny’s tight grip.

“No! No! Someone stop her!” Kinsey screamed as she pressed her fists into the nanny while kicking at the empty air. “Waffles! Waffles!”

The room ignored the ridiculousness of her words, but they bored into his soul. They wouldn’t know the meaning of ‘waffles’; that word belonged to the two Littles. A special word that he came up with, now he was failing her in an equally special way.

Nanny Mamsy softly placed her on the changing table. When Kinsey rose up again, the Amazon returned her to the changing pad. Less softly this time. Kinsey hopelessly kicked and swung her body back and forth. Her skirt was already up to her chest, and her legs spread to reveal a wrecked diaper. It probably squished. It definitely stank.

There was a desperation in her eyes.

“James, please! You promised!”

James looked away. The present moment told him there was nothing he could do. The floor, the ceiling, the other presents, and fireplace and decorated tree — none of them could distract him from his guilt or cover her screams for help.

Then the screams stopped. The work of a pacifier.

He hid from this moment. Trying to keep his mind right, focus on the present, maybe relish in the fact that it wasn’t happening to him. Anything but Kinsey.

James stayed that way until a pair of larger hands wrapped around the sides of his head. They forced him to turn back to Kinsey, thrashing about, fighting for her dignity on the changing table.

"Hey, Little Boy Blue. Come blow your horn."

It was Jenny. The Betweener, Tweener, Little Wrangler, Fake-friend on the Inside, the Brainwashing Chocolatier. The cause of this horrible present moment.

She offered, "It’s time to dance, James.”

"No, no." James shook his head.

"You know exactly where she's heading, don't you?” Jenny whispered her venom into his ear. “This night was all about you, Little Boy Blue. Poor Little Kinsington was just an add on, and without you, Rhonda Raucier wants nothing to do with her. Just look at your future mommy."

Rhonda Raucier watched the scene with a cold distant expression on her face. Her jaw was set tight, her eyes narrow, a judgmental glare at Kinsey and Mamsy on the changing table. James realized that she didn’t really like Littles; she only liked him, or the idea of him.

Amazons are all hypocrites. It was like they forgot that if you treat a Little like a baby and force them into a diaper, they're eventually going to mess it. Potty-trained, or not.

That hypocrisy didn’t stop this Amazon from being disgusted with Kinsey.

Unfortunately, the present moment told him that Jenny was right. So did his conscience. Kinsey had violated her contract, there were no more protections in place. What did Amazons do with a Little in a dirty diaper? They adopted them. What would happen to Kinsey if no one adopted her? She'd go to the robo-nanny as a discard.

He thought about Little Amy. He couldn't bear that happening to Kinsey.

Miss Jenny could read the confusion on his face. She moved in for the kill.

"The sheep's in the meadow and the cow's in the corn, James. Are you going to hide under the haystack fast asleep? Or are you going to mess your diaper and seal the deal?"

"You're not going to get away with this," James warned the Tweener.

"We'll see about that," muttered Jenny.

The Betweener’s rising confidence in this failing situation was almost as unnerving as the situation itself.

Anne-Margot was at her sister’s side, trying to melt the icy heart of Mrs. Raucier. It wasn’t working. Things were quickly spiraling out of control, now they were fighting about something, probably Kinsey, probably everything.

The crowned Amazon muttered one name: “Jamie.”

Then he read her lips. “No, I don’t want her.”

That was as much of a confirmation as he needed.

James rushed from his spot among the presents, leaping over discarded boxes, and skirting around sleeping tricycles. Flying across the room to the changing table. The Amazons looked on in amazement, trying to figure out what rocket was shot up his butt.

He skidded to a stop at the changing table, where Nanny Mamsy held the struggling, pacified Kinsey firmly to the padding.

“No! Stop!” James pulled at the Big nanny with everything he could. It did nothing.

“Ma’am?” Nanny Mamsy held him at bay by an overall strap as he kicked and clawed.

Rhonda Raucier asked, “Is he ours?”

“His diaper is clean, ma’am.” Nanny noted as she simultaneously defeated two Littles at once. “I think that means he’s free to go.”

Rhonda erupted from her chair. “You mean to tell me that after all of this, I don’t even get what I want?”

Anne-Margot tried to calm her sister to no avail.

“I want her out, that Kinsington has ruined the entire evening! This is all your fault Anne-Margot, you’re the one who talked me into this, and I don’t even get Jamie.”

Anne-Margot was forced to back away from the accusation.

Rhonda Raucier was in the midst of a wild rage. “Get her out of here!”

Sometimes the present moment is quiet and subtle, a shifting breeze blowing in the right direction. This time, the present moment shouted at James. It became a gale force wind in his sails, guiding him to this exact place and time.

He knew exactly what he needed to do, and he had the courage to do it.

First, he had to grab their attention, and the best way to do that was by wetting his pants. There were probably other better ways, but the anomaly of sped-up time made everything move so fast. This way he could show solidarity with his Little partner.

No diaper would stay clean tonight, if one was adopted so would the other. Being adopted by the Rauciers was much better than being sent to the robotic nanny, or ending up with cruel Amazons.

James spread his feet, popped a squat, and wet his diaper.

No. He wasn’t solidaritous enough to mess himself. That would be gross… but as his diaper heated up and ballooned at his crotch, he said goodbye to those little hearts on his wetness indicator — there were no doubts about the status of his sagging diaper now.

James relished in the relief of his long, drawn out piddle. He needed this time to figure out what he was going to say; how he would properly dance, or play for tips, to spare Kinsey from a horrible fate.

He reached up and grasped onto Kinsey’s hand, so sure to never let her go. Then stared Mrs. Rhonda Raucier right in the eye.

James begged, “Please don’t send Kinsey away.”

“Why not?” barked Rhonda Raucier.

Time to dance, James. Time to earn your tips. The Gramcracker knew how to give a performance, it was part of his nature, James knew this before Jenny, the evening, the slip of paper with a place and time. This was his role of a lifetime.

“Because mommy….”

James emphasized the big 'mom-bomb' like he meant it.

“She’s just like me.”

He knew he delivered a gut punch to Mrs. Raucier as soon as the words left his lips. The stoic CEO began to break apart like a statue, bit by bit the plaster cracked and tumbled to the floor, to reveal a different person inside.

A caring Big hidden inside a monster.

Rhonda Raucier abruptly stood, unsure what to do with herself. Her chiseled jaw quivered as she fought emotions too strong for her usual savvy pragmatism. The salty tears sprang free from her eyes, she couldn’t contain it anymore.

Mrs. Rhonda Raucier yelled at the top of her lungs, "I'll take them, I'll take them both."

• Like 13
  • direking changed the title to The Present(s) - 11 At Midnight

Now I'm looking forward to the finale.

He really sacrifices himself for another person he doesn't know any further.

I couldn't.

Interesting Interesting.

• Like 1

Wow…he was free and did the honorable thing. I look forward to the finale but I can also see this being used over Kinsey’s head in the future by Jamie…lol

• Like 2

Not sure if it’s a good thing he did or not. I mean being adopted is being adopted and now they’re both being adopted when Jamie could’ve gotten out of it. They don’t know how life with this woman is going to be any better than knowing who she’d end up with without Jamie doing what he did. The odds didn’t change except now they’re both adopted. He’s an idiot. 

• Like 1

:)First, I'd like to thank everyone for sticking with this story. :)

I think it came in a little too late to count as a X-mas/New Years story. Oh well. That's what I get for writing at a snail's pace, but I'm very happy with the results.

I love everyone's opinions on the last chapter, they're good takes on this Little story.

The Present(s) started as something simple, a singing telegram willingly walking into an obvious trap. Eventually it just got more and more complex as it went on. This was probably due to the four months it took to write twelve chapters. Sheesh.

I plan on adding my own opinions to the comments after everyone gets a chance to read the final chapter.

As always, thanks for reading, and thanks for the comments, it's the writing fuel that makes this fun.

--------
The Present(s) 12 After Midnight

The present moment can manifest itself in different ways.

A distant song in the background, an in-your-face disagreement with a friend, a final embrace after a wonderful date. It’s what sticks to the pan when the spatula called ‘time’ begins to scrap the memories away.

It's all about where to place 'focus'.

There was plenty of distracting noise, now that it was all over.

The happy hubbub of hugging and crying, mixed with meaningful well-wishing, echoed in the backstage hallway. There was cheek kissing and diaper patting, as the two of them were passed from shoulder to shoulder. However, the night belonged to the crowned Raucier. This was a Big event for Mrs. Rhonda Raucier. Two Littles in one night? Who could have seen it coming?

For the Littles, everything happened in terrible twos.

It started with a pair of diaper changes, with both tables side by side. During which Kinsey stared into him like he was the dumbest Little in the world, even if she whispered around the pacifier 'thank you'.

James got a pacifier as well.

Next came two matching parka coats over two matching unisex footies, and two cutey wool booties; all to protect the two babies from the cold weather. The thick parkas had a furry-rimmed hood that sheltered them from the reality that they now faced.

After changes of diapers and dressing, came changes of identity. They were now Jamie and Kinsington Raucier, siblings in the name of Amazon law. Which was the only law whose rules consistently applied. Not like those bothersome contracts that he always worried about.

This was the Big bad. The 'Game Over'. The scary balloon of Actuality at the end of the Anticipation string.

But it wasn't all bad, because there was Kinsey.

Then he thought about Jenny, how she had won. It made him feel dirty inside.

There were other babified Littles that took the shameful elevator ride down to the first floor. Each in their own state of mind, some still battled at their restraints in their strollers, others tried to wiggle free from doting shushing mothers. Some were like James and Kinsey, quietly looking up at the sight of themselves in the mirror above. They had become what the Amazons had always wanted: they were big babies.

And the rest? Discarded.

A three tiered limousine awaited the newly expanded Rauciers at the curb. The driver up front, the Amazons in the middle, and the final tier would be for the car seats in the very back.

The overly nice doorman waved at James and Kinsey as the stroller rolled into the cold. Luckily, the doorman didn't call James a ‘Little Guy’, his night could only handle so much.

However, James didn’t place his ‘focus’ on any of the awful, anxiety-inducing bad thoughts of this present moment. His mind was closer to him, closer to home, in a spot within the covered stroller where no Big could see. His present moment was entirely about a pair of interlocked Little pinkies.

A promise kept, and a promise to be kept to the very end.

They were loaded into their side by side car seats before the pacifiers were removed.

The long car idled in the busy traffic, letting them get used to their new surroundings as they remained in front of the building. The car seat was comfortable, made with a foreign leather and all the trappings of overly expensive luxury.

Kinsey sat quietly assessing the situation in her own way. James wanted to give her time, since this was the first the two had got to talk as “family”. Hopefully, she’d be nice to him; however, he still had his doubts.

Eventually, she was the one to break the ice.

“So, in your moment of truth, you pee your pants. Is that your idea of heroism?”

"Should I have left you to the robo-nanny?" James asked as a response.

“Yeah.”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I didn’t.”

Kinsey muttered, “I’m actually glad that you did what you did, Jamie.”

“That’s not my name, Kinsington.”

“Actually…” Kinsey let her silence and funny grimace make the point.

She was right. He was a Jamie now.

And a Little Guy. Maybe on some days, a Little Gal.

His heart felt heavy as he tightly gripped the safety belt across his chest.

“I don’t like thinking about it either, but we’re in a new kind of spot,” Kinsey said in a wistful way. “Uncharted territory, so to speak. We’re going to need each other now more than ever.”

Jamie thought about Kinsey’s observation. He didn’t want to admit that he knew enough about this territory, the diapers would take getting used to, the same with using them. It took him a few years to master toilet training when he was a little Little. How long would it take him to ‘unlearn’ every part of his adulthood, his independence, his way of life?

The present moment offered no answers.

“Something on your mind, Jamie?”

“No.”

“Do you need to talk? I’m here. And you’re here because I’m here, so it’s kinda my fault. You know, since I kinda messed a diaper up there.”

A nervous giggle escaped from her lips.

“I don’t even want to think about what you did to your diaper,” Jamie snapped as he stared at the frost gathering on corners of his window.

Kinsey continued, “Well, I think there’s going to be a lot of things we are going to have to get used to - Hopefully, not too used to.”

Mrs. Raucier again spun around from the middle section, the electronic partition was rolled down, and she kept looking back at her two Littles. She could hardly believe it as well, her body language could hardly contain her giddiness, and her nervousness, if Jamie was reading her correctly.

There had to be something positive in all of this. Sometimes that’s the only part of the present moment worth paying attention to: the best of a bad situation.

Jamie turned to Kinsey and asked, “Are we rich now?”

Kinsey looked up and down the inside of the limousine before responding.

“It looks like it.”

That’s a good thing, maybe even a great thing. No more working for tips, no more rent, no more singing ‘Apples and Bananas’ for overzealous Bigs, no more groceries, no more taxes, no more early mornings, probably no more late nights either.

“Oh, car seat heaters.” Kinsey pushed the button on her arm rest, then did the same for Jamie.

The seat heater warmed his butt through his diaper. The blossoming, slow-moving heat gave him the same sensation that he felt when he wet himself and sealed this deal.

He immediately turned his off.

Jamie suffered under a Little regret.

This surreal nightmare of a present moment twisted knots in his stomach. It made the seat belt feel too tight, and he yanked it away from his body as far as it could go, but it snapped back in place - keeping him in his Little place.

How could he make this better?

Outside, he saw Jenny the Betweener making her way out of the building. She stuck out as smaller among the throng of Amazons. She had an awful pep to her step, mentally counting her bonus with an incorrigible smile on her ugly face.

Then it hit him. Revenge. He wanted to topple her evening like she toppled his entire life. How could he do this in a car seat and diaper? He was totally helpless in almost every way, a completely useless pants-peeing Little with an Amazon CEO as a mommy —

Jamie grinned.

— He was a pants-peeing Little with an Amazon CEO as a mommy, an aunt with a wild penchant for Littles, and the best nanny in the city. All at his behest.

Jamie spotted Anne-Margot on the sidewalk making small talk with a gaggle of other happy well-dressed Amazon women.

He asked, "Mommy, can you roll down the window?"

"Are you sure, Jamie? It's pretty ‘brr-brr’ cold outside."

He'd have to get used to being talked down to like a naive child, but it wasn't the end of the world. Letting Jenny escape from justice was something even worse than the high pitched voices and dumbed down vocabulary.

"I want to say 'thank you' to Auntie Anne-Margot," lied Jamie.

Kinsey scrunched up her face, she had no idea what Jamie had planned, but it was probably stupid. This wasn't the first time that the former Gramcracker had thrown her for a loop, and due to the fact they were going to spend a lot more time together, it probably wouldn't be the last.

His ‘mommy’ rolled the back window down so Jamie could relay his message.

"Auntie Anne-Margot! I want to tell you something!" Jamie shouted to the snowy world outside.

His new Amazon Aunt broke off her conversation with the other Bigs, the baby was calling, and she was there to happily answer. It was enough to make the other Amazons twinge with jealousy.

She leaned her huge head through the window.

"What do you want, sweet Little Jamie?"

"I need to tell you something, about how Jenny hurt me, and hurt Kinsey. How she's hurt other Littles."

The Amazon sucked in a deep breath. "That’s all over sweetie, she can’t get to you now."

"No. It’s not over for all of the Littles, there are other ones — the ones without mommies or daddies. You know that she would hurt them, she tried to make me eat the chocolate, remember?"

Auntie Anne-Margot remembered, alright. The scowl told him that much.

She growled, "Tell me what she did."

So he did. Jamie precisely fired all of his ammunition in painstaking detail as quickly as he could. His eyes were not leaving Jenny who was casually making small talk with the Big doorman. Time was of the essence, and Jamie rushed through to get to the end.

Anne-Margot frequently commented on his story.

"She did what? How dare she?" and "What's the name of that other Tweener? Craig. He doesn’t sound very nice."

He may have embellished a few parts, but it was all in the name of Little Amy. When he was finished with the couple minute long spiel, Anne-Margot had shifted from neutral Big to aggressive Amazon.

Needless to say, Anne-Margot did not like the room at the end of the hall, the place where the shadows played.

Anne-Margot turned to her sister. “Did you know about all of this, Rhonda?”

“Not exactly, but it doesn’t surprise me…”

“Doesn’t surprise you?” Anne-Margot interrupted. “Littles being abused under our very noses. I don’t think I can stand it.”

Jamie said, “Then do something about it.”

Anne-Margot snapped her head his way to put him in his place — before thinking otherwise, a slow forming grin crept across her face. She wagged a big finger at Jamie. A typical response from an Amazon.

“Oh my, look at Mr. Bossy Pants, getting too big for his diapers.”

Jamie had to make this work, he needed something ‘right’ to happen, like right now.

He saw Jenny get a good look at the Raucier limo and scurry down the frozen sidewalk, feet sliding from side to side as she picked up speed. Time was slipping away, there wouldn’t be another present moment like this.

Then he remembered ‘the dance’. Give a little, take a Little. Sometimes literally.

Jamie leaned closer to the car window, as if to reveal a secret.

“I’ll make it worth your while, pretty please. You’re my favorite Aunt.”

“I’m your only Aunt,” replied Anne-Margot. “But I’m listening.”

His Little baby blues made contact with her Big green eyes. “I’ll do anything you want.”

“Oh, really?” The Amazon paused then purred, “What are your opinions on ballet lessons?”

He grimaced. “You do what I ask, and I’ll do ballet lessons.”

Anne-Margot grinned from ear to ear.

“I’ll have you know that they’re only for girls, but based on what I’ve seen tonight… you’ll pass.”

Jamie peered over at Kinsey who sat in awe of this entire negotiation.

“You do what you want with Jenny and Craig, but the Littles go free. Every single one of them. Especially Amy.”

“Who’s Amy?” asked Kinsey, there was a hint of jealousy in her voice. Just a hint.

“I’m not making any promises,” Anne-Margot said defiantly.

“Auntie… you know those Littles already have a home, a different life, they were already unwanted enough as it is. Think about this as a gift to me.”

Anne-Margot let out a loud sigh.

“Too precious! You and your Little puppy eyes. I can’t say no to you.”

Nanny Mamsy appeared from around the trunk, she had changed back into her usual uniform. Her dress a simple plain and black, a white apron tied around her chest by a large white bow on her back. She did a number lugging all of the big baby stuff from upstairs, somehow making room for almost everything in the trunk. The thousand diapers were among the furniture to be delivered at a later date.

The nanny evaluated the look on Anne-Margot’s face and Jamie in the car seat.

Mamsy asked, “What’s going on?”

“I might need to borrow your services for the night,” mentioned Anne-Margot.

The Amazons spoke in code, words with various meanings and subtle connotations. Kind of like the Littles with their secret word ‘waffles’.

“Is this about someone we both know?” Nanny Mamsy raised an eyebrow as she began to stretch for battle. “I’m game if that’s okay with the mistress. Honestly, I’ve been waiting for the order all night, ever since the chocolates.”

Rhonda Raucier spoke code as well, sending her nanny muscle into the mix with a dismissive wave of her hand like a mob boss.

“I think I can handle the two of them tonight,” assured Mrs. Raucier. “They’re probably all tuckered out from the late evening. You guys have your fun.”

Nanny Mamsy nodded to Mrs. Raucier before leaning into the open car window to give the Littles some final instructions.

The nanny commanded their attention with the snap of her fingers.

“Alright, the two of you are sharing a crib tonight. So no funny business. I’m checking diapers when I get back. Trust me. I’ll know.”

Both Littles turned fifty shades of crimson at her insinuation.

“Say ‘yes, nanny’.”

They answered in unison. “Yes, nanny.”

Mamsy turned back to Anne-Margot with what looked like Anticipation. “Okay, where is that Tweener?”

Jamie pointed towards the entrance of a multi-level parking lot almost out of sight. Almost. Jenny was a shadow down the block, probably in her mind, she had gotten away with her crimes.

The two Amazons marched off into the snow, as the weather began to flex its wintry might.

It was only a moment before they returned into view, this time with a familiar Betweener in their arms. Jenny was lifted just enough to where her feet couldn’t touch the ground. She kicked at the air, like peddling an invisible bicycle as she tried to pull her arms free from the pair of avenging Bigs.

The Little Wrangler desperately pleaded her case onto deaf ears, he could hear the screeching from all the way down the block. She tried begging, then bribing, then whining.

As she got closer to the crowd her words became easier to understand.

“I’ll give you money, I’ll never do this again, just let me go and I will…”

“Where’s a pacifier when you need one?” barked an onlooking Amazon.

Another cooed, “Someone’s up past her bedtime.”

All of her commotion caused the group of loitering Amazons to take notice. Jenny the Betweener became blood in the water in the shark tank.

They knew of this dance, and this was their favorite part.

Her weakness attracted the worst in them, and by the time they got to the door, the two avenging Amazons turned into ten. All with a one track mind.

The guilty Betweener kept repeating, “I’m not a Little, I’m not a Little…”

It didn’t matter anymore.

The last Jamie saw of her, wide-eyes Jenny was holding onto the doorframe with everything she had, fighting against the mob of Amazons with cruel intentions. Her tablet and walkie in the hands of those who wanted to have their Little fun with the Betweener.

Then all at once she slipped, and Jenny was gone for good.

Rhonda enjoyed the scene from her middle seat. She enjoyed giving James this favor as well. It was all a part of the dance; and this time, the monsters were on his side.

“Driver, if you could wait here at the curb, I’d appreciate it. I want to stay for the entire show.”

A few minutes later, a car pulled to the curb behind the limo. Craig, the other Betweener, the funny guy with the computer, was led by the ear from the car and towards the big double doors to the lobby. A small troupe of Amazon women followed behind, with one dressed exactly like Mamsy. A nanny.

Craig struggled to cradle a large box of diapers inside as they boxed his ears and swatted his bottom.

If Jamie wasn’t mistaken, that was ‘His and Hers’ diapers in his hands, now with sizes for ‘Your baby Tweener’.

The nanny loudly chastised him.

“You’re lucky that the computer has safety protocols, you could have hurt those Littles. That’s completely unsanitary, but you’ll find out soon enough. You’re going to get a good taste of your own medicine.”

The bad Betweener’s frightened apologies were music to his ears.

But what came next was a symphony of satisfaction.

The doorman opened the door for Anne-Margot, but she wasn’t alone. Dozens of Littles all toddled out of the Big building. Some were still in normal clothes, some torn, ruffled, or wrecked, indicators of a rough night. The others were dressed in more babyish outfits picked out by the Amazons who later rejected them.

None of them were in diapers.

Out of the crowd, James spotted Little Amy in a nondescript sweatsuit number, walking with an obvious waddle, her burning bottom was a reminder of her forced enema, spanking, and lack of changing.

A pair of tap dancing shoes dangled in her dainty hands. She happily slung them over her shoulder, waltzing around in the wonderful snowfall, breathing in the free air of a second opportunity.

Amy turned towards the idling limousine as if she could see James through the distance. She briefly smiled before joining the rest of the Littles as they hastily walked into the night. Jamie couldn’t blame them, Amazons were known for changing their minds.

When she got to the corner, Little Amy deposited her dancing shoes into a trashcan before turning away. That Little had enough of ‘dancing’ for a lifetime.

Kinsey tapped his hand. “You did a good thing, Jamie.”

“Yeah, but where did that get me?”

The fantasy of the far away Littles faded, and the reality of the present moment anchored him into his carseat.

His new sister tried to help.

“We’re not in as bad of a spot as you think, you just helped me realize that we have power now. We are the only Littles to one of the most influential Amazons in the city. We’re famous, Twinkle-toes.”

He argued, “Rhonda Raucier is the powerful one, we’re the ones that poop our diapers.”

Jamie paused for a moment. "Twinkle-toes?"

"You're not a Gram-gram anymore," Kinsey said, "I have to berate you for something, ballerina-boy. You need a nickname.”

Jamie just shook his head. Kinsey was going to 'Kinsey', that was one thing that wasn't going to change.

“Just look at what you did, Jamie. Those Littles were in a bad place, and you helped them. We can have our Bigs wrapped around our fingers. We can get them to do whatever we want.”

“I would like to believe you,” he said glumly, “but I think they were more mad at Jenny than they wanted to help me.”

“No, really.” Kinsey added. “Watch this…”

Jamie watched.

Kinsey whined, “Mommy?”

Rhonda Raucier perked up at the big ‘M-o-m-m-y’.

“Yes, Kinsington?”

The Little squealed, “I’m so thirsty.”

“Let me make you a drink. Do you want milk or juice?”

“Juice, please. Thanks mommy, you’re the best.”

Then she winked at Jamie, passing the baton to the former Gramcracker, now known as ‘Twinkle-toes’. Gosh, he hoped that name didn’t stick.

This was something different, and he immediately recognized its potential. This was the other side of the dance, a side that Jenny was too blind to see. The only way that the Littles could manipulate the Bigs. What were they going to do to him? Throw him in diapers? Too late.

It was just like playing for tips, a skill developed during his time as a Gramcracker.

He couldn’t describe the way felt. Invincible? Maybe. Powerful? Perhaps. Wishful-thinking? Absolutely. It felt like having a hurricane at his command.

He wanted to try his hand at this.

“Yeah, mommy.” Jamie adjusted himself taller in the car seat as he felt the return of his backbone. “I’m thirsty, too.”

“I’ll make you a juice after I make one for your sister.”

Jamie winked at Kinsey.

Then he whined, “Aw! I want it now.”

This is how the most powerful CEO in the city was relegated to a baby bartender.

There were loud clanking sounds of plastic sippy cups and tumbling bottles from the middle seat. Followed by whispered cursing which only made the Littles giggle.

This was a game, a new one.

One they would get used to playing on their new mommy. They’d only get away with it while Nanny Mamsy was away, she wouldn’t put up with this kind of bad behavior.

The two Littles in the back began chanting and slapping their arm rests.

“We want juice! We want juice!”

In a strange way, acting all childish helped take away the nerves, alleviating the anxiety about the future. This present moment, Jamie shared a smile with his friend, or ‘sister’? Who knew what kind of relationship they were in? Or what kind of relationship they would maintain after this bandaid was ripped away?

Like all things, they’d have to figure it out.

The brand new mom looked exasperated but was somewhat successful in making the pair of juices. Rhonda Raucier removed a sweaty strand of hair from her face as she served the two Littles their drinks.

Kinsey’s juice came in a bottle, while his juice came in a sippy cup. It looked like Jamie was already mommy’s favorite.

He lifted his cup, studied it for a bit, and brought it to his lips. He had to make a fishy face to free the apple juice from the plastic cup. It tasted good. Appy-juice, as Anne-Margot called it way earlier in the evening.

He smacked his lips together before digging into Kinsey.

“I hope you noticed that she gave me the sippy cup, while she gave you the baby bottle.”

Kinsey frowned behind the bottle. “That doesn’t mean anything.”

“Of course it does!” Jamie drove the dagger home. “She knows a diaper-pooper when she sees one, while I’m a shining beacon of maturity.”

“A shining beacon?” Kinsey gave him a look, he was acting stupid again.

"You wouldn't understand, it's a big kid thing. I’m already halfway into pull-ups.”

Kinsey smiled. "Oh, I see."

It was important to let her stew in his insult, let it sink into the skin, and stay there until it burned.

The limousine slowly joined the traffic in the busy street. Most likely heading to a huge mansion with three swimming pools, a full staff, and a two-story nursery. A new place to call home.

"Mommy, are we there yet?" Jamie smiled as he kicked up their game again.

"No, we won’t be home until very late," answered Rhonda Raucier. "Mommy wants you two to get some nighty-night so I'll be rolling up the partition."

Kinsey spoke up. "Mommy, can I ask for one last thing?"

"Yes, Kinsington." Mrs. Raucier could hardly disguise the annoyance in her voice.

"Jamie said his tummy hurts, and he needs to go ‘poo poo’, but he's too afraid of using his diaper."

Jamie swallowed his juice all wrong, he started choking in his carseat, completely helpless to voice his defense as Kinsey once again got the upper hand.

"Well, I'll have Nanny Mamsy give him some medicine once she's home. Don't worry, Jamie. I'm sure you make the sweetest messy diapers."

He caught his breath as the partition rolled back up, their new mommy basking in the glory of a well-earned quiet time. Kinsey got him good with the poop medicine thing, credit was due where credit was due. At least now he could blame his next diaper on the medicine and not the lack of potty training.

The soft snowfall was almost picturesque dotting the night sky with its own set of floating stars. The snow coated the buildings and signs, the small trees and shrubs, the black limousine. Jamie looked back up at the tall building, if he twisted his head like an owl, he could barely see the 100th floor. The lights were still on, as the long 'Night with the Nannies' was just beginning for those not-so-innocent Betweeners.

As for the ‘here and now’, it was him and Kinsey.

He extended his pinky finger her way. "I hate you, Kinsey."

"Good." Kinsey said as she wrapped her pinky around his. "I hate you, too."

Ah, the Presents.

THE END
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • direking changed the title to The Present(s) - 12 After Midnight (Completed)

A very satisfactory ending to what became a fascinating story. I know I said I'd like to see the Littles freed, but I knew (of course) that that was wishful thinking. Freeing all of the other Littles while J&K discover that things are not as bleak as they feared—and may even have bonus positives they could not have previously imagined—works beautifully, as long as Jenny and Craig (why did it take me this long to see the wordplay in their names?) will get what they richly deserve.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I honestly didn't expect this ending.

Craig and Jenny get what they deserve.

The other Littles are free.

And Jamie and Kinsey realize what opportunities they have now, especially considering that their Amazons really see them as their babies to take care of properly, not dolls to modify as they please.

That was a really good story.

• Like 1

Definitely well written and with an ending that’s open to a new book as the two Littles begin their journey of enforced infancy together. Perhaps Jamie is right, he has already been given a sippy cup, will he get to be more toddler like as Kinsey’s older brother while Kinsey who has been given a bottle is destined to be the baby of the family and get to experience for real what she had thought was only going to be a modelling contract for the magazine that was one of her presents (where she featured on the cover). 

Oh, and I completely missed the Jenny and Craig reference until Kerry highlighted it!

• Like 1

This was really good!

At least the realize they have a bit more control within their new situation than it would seem. I liked how you referred to it as a "dance" that they all have to go along with. 

The reference with Jenny and Craig escapes me. Can someone explain it?

• Like 1

Great story.  It defiantly went a different direction in some ways than I anticipated.  I loved seeing Kinsey going from playing the part to “this is really happening”. The desperate calling out of Waffles.  A great image.

Thank you for sharing this.   I’ve got the first parts of my story written so a little more editing and I’ll have it out.  

stay tuned!

Awesome ending and story overall!! This was a like an extended Christmas gift as it kept going. Lol. I like how Jamie played his position to his advantage against Jenny and Craig. Kinsey and Him are going to have a fun relationship as they grow into a family, Ballet lessons will be interesting and I imagine Kinsey will be attending as well. I look forward to the next story of yours!

• Like 1