LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Management

rusty pins

This is for people who wet, mess and especially both.  With all the diapers on the market, do you choose what you wear on any particular day based on different factors?  For example, if you need to do something or go somewhere and wearing a diaper isn't a good idea, will you wear a lower end diaper around the house before removing it to do what you have to do non diapered or do you just wear your standard diaper and remove it before it's no where near capacity?  When you need or want to be discreet, such as out in public or at work, do you wear a lower capacity diaper like Norhshore lights and then switch to a Mega Max once you get home? 

Also does your particular diaper usage play a part in which diapers you buy?  For example, if you just wet and wear most or almost 24/7, do you always choose the most absorbent diapers like Mega Max or Betterdry because you will be in them most of the day and not need to change as often?  Or, if you wet and mess do you choose a less absorbent diaper that doesn't cost as much knowing you will be messing your diaper and changing it after 3 or 4 hours instead of just a wet diaper you might stay in for 8 or more hours?  I couldn't see, for example wearing a Mega Max or Betterdry diaper knowing I was going to mess myself and need to change it after just a few hours, well before it's capacity.  On the other hand, if I just wet my diapers I could see wearing the same high capacity diaper for upwards of 10 to 12 hours to get my money's worth.

I don't have much choice in the matter as my incontinence comes from a medical disorder. So I wet and mess whenever and wherever and I don't know when that will be or how much that will be or not. 

I am also disabled so I am on a fixed income so my Medicaid insurance picks up the majority of the cost of my diaper/incontinence products. Now this means I have to purchase a certain kind of incontinence diaper and not something like a baby printed diaper from REARZ or something like that. Those would not be covered. I use the regular BetterDry Disposal Diapers with a booster pad as they are really absorbent/thick and plastic backing and hold through out the night as well as during the day they do a wonderful job. Mommy also inserts a booster pad inside the diaper for extra protection. These can get rather bulky which I also like the feel of a good padded bottom. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Baby Foo Foo said:

I don't have much choice in the matter as my incontinence comes from a medical disorder. So I wet and mess whenever and wherever and I don't know when that will be or how much that will be or not. 

I am also disabled so I am on a fixed income so my insurance picks up the majority of the cost of my diaper/incontinence products. Now this means I have to purchase a certain kind of incontinence diaper and not something like a baby printed diaper from REARZ or something like that. Those would not be covered. I use the Tranquility ATN Disposable Diapers as they are really absorbent and hold through out the night as well as during the day they do a wonderful job. Mommy also inserts a booster pad inside the diaper for extra protection. These can get rather bulky which I also like the feel of a good padded bottom. 

Who doesn't, right!????❤️?❤️?

For me it depends on what I’m doing so it is hard for me to change at work I use ID maxi or abri form they both last me until I get home I am usually in themfor about 6 hours so when it comes to changing I am completely soaked to point that I almost leak.  Now on none work days I wear any abdl diaper I have so that it save me having to change as these all last me for about 10-12 hours. If I’m travelling I definitely use megamax or crinklz.

Usually I just wear for about 3 hours when I get up early in the morning around 6am once or twice a week on days I don't have to work, so I choose a low end diaper like Attends, Prevail or McKesson that I get at Goodwill.  $3 for a package of 18 diapers is a good price and they last the 3 hours I wear them.  I only wet on those mornings.  Once or twice a month when I get a Saturday off and the house to myself, I will possibly wear a premium diaper like Betterdry for most of the day.  What depends is if I plan on just wetting or if I also want to mess.  If just wetting, then I might choose the Betterdry to wear about 8 hours.  If I know I plan to mess, I will start with a lower end diaper from Goodwill, when I mess in it I will stay in it for a couple hours and then change into another diaper from Goodwill.  What also factors into it is if I know I will be needing to run errands or go to the store.  Usually it's a low end diaper to be more discreet when around my own small town.  At an average of less that 20 cents per low end diaper, I can change 2 or 3 times if needed, especially when I have messed my diaper instead of wasting a premium diaper like Abena or Betterdry and changing after only 3 or 4 hours because I have messed myself.  Since I only mess my diaper at home, when I go out of town running errands, especially Christmas shopping and I'm gone for most of the day, it's always a Betterdry or Abena L4 to last me a good 8 hours.

Yea, I keep a few different diapers on hand for different uses/needs. My primary daytime diaper is the Northshore Supreme (plastic backed); at night when going to bed it's typically a ConfiDry 24/7. Now in the morning, when I wake up and in need of a change, but not ready for the day, say like just a couple of hours, I'll put on a NS Lite. Will also do this in the early evening for those days when I get back to the house and in need of a change but not ready for my bed time diaper.  Then there is when I'm in a 'playful' mood I'll put on an AB print, have a stock of Lil Pawz ( I like those). I also keep a few different brands on hand to experiment with, always willing to try something new, currently in my stock are some of the Forsite AM-PM Striped diapers & giving the MegaMax's a second chance.

I wear the same type of diaper regardless of whether I plan to mess in it or not. The only difference is if I’m going to work then I’ll wear a Megamax with a booster so I can get through a. 8 (or possibly longer) hour shift without needing to change my diaper. The only other consideration is whether I want to wear a cute diaper with prints so I can feel more babyish. But thickness or noticeability never factors into which diaper I decide to wear because I wear diapers and I don’t really care if someone notices, I’m not going to sacrifice my comfort or pleasure just because somebody might notice that I’m wearing diapers. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, IminWetPampers said:

I wear the same type of diaper regardless of whether I plan to mess in it or not. The only difference is if I’m going to work then I’ll wear a Megamax with a booster so I can get through a. 8 (or possibly longer) hour shift without needing to change my diaper. The only other consideration is whether I want to wear a cute diaper with prints so I can feel more babyish. But thickness or noticeability never factors into which diaper I decide to wear because I wear diapers and I don’t really care if someone notices, I’m not going to sacrifice my comfort or pleasure just because somebody might notice that I’m wearing diapers. 

I am of the same mindset as you. I have to wear diapers 24/7 because of incontinence. I don't really care if some notices I am wearing a bulky diaper under my sweatpants or if it is extra noisy and it is making me waddle. I do it for the comfort and security of it. 

I do like to try different diapers.   If I'm going out to the store, or something,  I'll wear something that's quiet under my jeans like a Northshore Supreme or a Crinklz Astronaut.   If I can be diapered for a long time,  I'll put on a MegaMax.   If I can only be diapered a few hours,  I'll put on a Northshore Lite.  

If I go out deer hunting all day,  I'll wear a boosted MegaMax under my hunting clothes.   I  don't think that you could tell with my insulated bib overalls on, and I hunt by myself.  Well, the waddle out of the woods at the end of the day may give something away,  LOL.  Sure is nice not having to get the little man through all those layers of clothing every time I  need to pee.

I really don't base my diaper choices on if I'll only wet or if I'll mess it too.  I'll sit in a messy MegaMax diaper for 12+ hours if I get the chance to. 

On 11/23/2021 at 10:15 AM, Spanky said:

I do like to try different diapers.   If I'm going out to the store, or something,  I'll wear something that's quiet under my jeans like a Northshore Supreme or a Crinklz Astronaut.   If I can be diapered for a long time,  I'll put on a MegaMax.   If I can only be diapered a few hours,  I'll put on a Northshore Lite.  

If I go out deer hunting all day,  I'll wear a boosted MegaMax under my hunting clothes.   I  don't think that you could tell with my insulated bib overalls on, and I hunt by myself.  Well, the waddle out of the woods at the end of the day may give something away,  LOL.  Sure is nice not having to get the little man through all those layers of clothing every time I  need to pee.

I really don't base my diaper choices on if I'll only wet or if I'll mess it too.  I'll sit in a messy MegaMax diaper for 12+ hours if I get the chance to. 

How successful are you deer hunting when diapered?  I don't hunt anymore and have only deer hunted a couple times, but from what I used to read, hunters wash all their clothes in baking soda and do anything to mask their human scent.  I've also read if you have to take a leak, you walk away from where you are hunting so the area doesn't smell like human pee to a very sensitive deer.  I would think if you sat on your stand or even a tree stand and wet (or even messed) in your diaper, that would scare deer away from your area as they would smell the human urine (and poo).

I have 3 different diapers I choose from as my go to diaper.

My going to work diaper is MegaMax, as I can get through a 12 hour shift without needing to change unless I mess my diaper.

My at home during work days diaper is Northshore supreme,  6 to 8 hours wear time before change. 

My weekend off work diaper is BetterDry  as I love how the swell up as I wet then.

7 to 10 hours between changes.

When home and if I mess my diaper before it's wet enough to require change,  I just stay in the messy diaper until it warrants changing. 

8 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

I have 3 different diapers I choose from as my go to diaper.

My going to work diaper is MegaMax, as I can get through a 12 hour shift without needing to change unless I mess my diaper.

My at home during work days diaper is Northshore supreme,  6 to 8 hours wear time before change. 

My weekend off work diaper is BetterDry  as I love how the swell up as I wet then.

7 to 10 hours between changes.

When home and if I mess my diaper before it's wet enough to require change,  I just stay in the messy diaper until it warrants changing. 

That's all sounds like a really great idea!????? I love all your diapie choices!❤️☺️?❤️?❤️?❤️??

21 hours ago, rusty pins said:

How successful are you deer hunting when diapered?  I don't hunt anymore and have only deer hunted a couple times, but from what I used to read, hunters wash all their clothes in baking soda and do anything to mask their human scent.  I've also read if you have to take a leak, you walk away from where you are hunting so the area doesn't smell like human pee to a very sensitive deer.  I would think if you sat on your stand or even a tree stand and wet (or even messed) in your diaper, that would scare deer away from your area as they would smell the human urine (and poo).

I've shot deer in archery in a wet diaper.  Haven't messed one out deer hunting.   Deer smell urine,  but don't know that it's human.   Some people pee right into deer scrapes. 

I've also peed from my treestand on to the ground and had deer come by later.   Peeing from 20+feet in the air makes a lot of noise.   That would be much more likely to scare a deer away than a wet diaper would be. 

I normally use up to three different diapers. For all day extended periods I use Northshore Megamax, for 4 or 5 hours of wear maybe a Northshore Supreme or Abena L4. I will mess any of them whenever I need to. I normally don't wear them out of the house, except on long car rides and ocassionaly to the movies. I do wear Northshore GoSupreme pull on diapers, and Garywear diaper covers for long car rides. Makes it less stressful in finding a place to go. 

Three different types for me. Generic pullup disposable to go poo twice daily squatting in front of my Husband. i’m not in those for long.

Then either Rearz trainers or Rearz pocket diaper the rest of the day to go weewee. Generic plastic pants that do tend to leak, which my Husband likes because i always have the scent of fresh or stale pee. When the diaper is soaked, i’m allowed to go weewee in the shower and let the excess liquid run out of the plastic into the drain.

• 1 month later...

I have tried a myriad of different brands, trying to find "that one" that I could wear anytime, would hold a lot and last a long time, be comfortable and discreet etc. I have pared it down to about 3:

ABU kiddos / super dry kids(4500 ml cap), betterdrys( lasts up to 12 hours), and Seni products, either the Quatrro or super ( both unknown cap) 

I love the kiddos ?? because they fit well, are comfy, hold a decent amount, and  they are cute!!! And are,basically, the closest thing the adult sized kids diapers. But they are expensive ( dammit!) So I dont wear them as much ??

Betterdrys are also absolutely wonderful, and I love them for extended wear. I don't have to worry about leaks, or repeated floods, they fit well, remain comfy, and just work all around for me. I use these on long road trips, or if I am going to be out and about (think Christmas shoppjng) and dont want to bother with public restrooms (gag). 

Seni brand have been great as well, they are amazingly comfortable, especially the supers! They are what I would imagine a pull up would feel like, if they made kids pull ups in adult sizes. I often forget I'm wearing them, until (of coarse) I need to go...... Then we all know what happens  ??

But, the supers are limited to 2 floods (possibly 3 if standing for the 3rd, or it's press out leak city!)

The seni quattros, are pretty much the same, but hold a lot more, but not as much as a betterdry,

(Nornorthshore mega max) they to are comfy, and quiet, but bulkier, so being discreet might be a question.

Having said all this, the topic of pooping becomes a problem. Generally, if I know I have to "go" , I'll plan ahead, and will use a thinner diaper ( seni super) for this purpose. They hold a good amount of both liquid and solids, are quiet and discreet, and I don't have to worry about unused capacity due to making a mess, and "wasting" a diaper. I use pretty much everything the Seni super has. 

I don't do this ( or try not to) with the more extended wear ones, unless I plan on staying in a full diaper for a while. 

The outlier is the the kiddos / SDK's. They hold a lot, are fun to wear, and use for 'dooing' a #2, so these might be my "switch" diaper, if I am going out, but not long enough to warrant a heavier product. 

It gets difficult to choose what to wear ssometimes, depending on what I am doing. I have made the wrong choice at times as well, worn a short time diaper, when an extended wear one was truly needed ?? ( oooopppsss!!)  The opposite has occured as well, worn an extended wear one, then needed to poop after a short time.....leaving me to either find a bathroom or just go, and enjoy it for a while, but stay out of public places until I finally change. ???

Basically, I do have separate diapers for different things / functions. Do I wish I had just 1, so I would'nt have to choose, or try to make a decision what to wear, and when???? Sure, but that would take away some of the fun, I think, of being able to wear different products.

My choice, though, (if they weren't so expensive) wouldbe the Kiddos for everyday wear. Just add a booster for extended times, but not worry about a poop, since they aren't an "extended wear" product, but more intermediate wear, so I don't feel so bad about looseing any possible capacity, or not getting the full use out if the product, since they are easier to "fill". 

There is also cloth, which I use, but only wet, since I really don't want to hassle with cleaning a poopy prefold. I have considered adding a "diaper liner" to them, so If I do need to poop while in one, it will be easier to clean up, but I keep forgetting to put one in when I change!! ??

Being a d/l, for me anyways is a challange, and sometimes a hassle, but so is life in general. So, I guess the best you can do is just that, make the best choices you can and move on, messy or not..

I like to pick and choose, so I absolutely love that we have so many choices now.  Hard to believe that just 15 years ago we had so few.  Since there are so many choices, I've got just about all of the major brands... and a few of the lesser brands as well.  Some I've relegated to my "archive" which means I'm avoiding opening anything up except for special occasions.  Like the original Crinklz or Fabines. 

As far as choosing mega capacity - that's a bit of a conundrum for me as it seems that no matter how much I drink, I don't seem to pee as much as I consume. But I like that uber thickness of the padding.  This past night for example, I had put on a Tykables Camelot early yesterday evening (5:30-ish??) and finally took it off this morning before my shower around 10AM.  And it still had at least 1/3 of its capacity left!  For the most part, I can usually get away with "medium-grade" capacity products in the 3500-4500ml range without any issues, even overnight.  One reason I've stuck with the regular Bambino products for so long and just ordered a few more cases this past week even though I'm kinda way overstocked right now as it is.  (I just couldn't resist the sale + extra 10% offer.)  And then there's the choice of prints... a different print depending on mood.  I sometimes wish some of the ABDL brands would come in simple mono-color choices similar to NorthShore. 

I occasionally dabble in cloth (have 2 drawers full and then some), but it obviously doesn't feel the same.  And then there's having to deal with smelly wet cloth diapers until laundry day.  Even though I would rinse them off while in the shower, they will still stink enough to keep me from making it a regular thing.

So, getting back to the point, I now have so much selection that sometimes I'm in a mental gridlock over what to wear - thinking that it might be a light night, so I don't want to "waste" a super-high-cap diaper...  but then I also find myself picking the same thing night after night.   But I have that choice!