LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Loudest Diaper?

2 hours ago, scorepio said:

Of all the plastic exterior lined diapers you may have tried, which brand do you find to be the loudest and crinkly sounding?

Some old store brand I once tried. The outer plastic was very crinkly and less flexible than others. They weren't very absorbent.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, scorepio said:

Of all the plastic exterior lined diapers you may have tried, which brand do you find to be the loudest and crinkly sounding?

@scorepio

The "loudest diaper" that I have seen are the ones they use for adults in the Rehab Center Units:  I don't know what the brand is, but I can tell you that they were thick and I saw one like it when I visited a friend that was in the rehab center a LONG time ago.  This is before all the diapers used in these places went cloth backed and had almost NO plastic at all in them.  They were peach colored as I remember.

Also, "loudest diaper" is subjective, based on your experiences:  Baby Diapers of the 70s through the 90's were always noisy, because they wanted to make sure kids stayed dry and comfortable, so they made those things THICK, and with thickness, comes the noisy factor - I dare say that in my generation, there wasn't a baby that was toddling around that you couldn't hear whether or not they had a diaper on - I mean, you could SEE and HEAR the diaper, and know it was pretty darn thick.  I would say that pampers and Luvs were pretty good then, because I had brothers and cousins and friends using them, and I liked the colors of them. 

For Adult plastic backed diapers:  I say that Rearz Rebels are one of the CLOSEST replicas to a Baby Diaper of the 90's, and for the Adult loudest diaper, I would say Molicare Super Plus, Abena M4, and Megamax are my picks. Someday, I may try a LFB diaper or something, but right now, the Megas in the colors are my go to diaper.

When they decided to go "cloth cover" then the "loudest diaper" was never an option anymore, because they "thinned them down" because they wanted kids to be able to "feel wet" so they learn when they have voided.  When they did that, the THICK diapers we used to have were replaced with what we have now, and Noise factor is not a factor anymore.  I may be wrong, but this depends on how many companies still MAKE plastic Backed Diapers, medical or AB/DL and these are usually not authorized unless you use a cheapo diaper first.

17 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Some old store brand I once tried. The outer plastic was very crinkly and less flexible than others. They weren't very absorbent.

@ValentinesStuff

Most diapers now don't go for usable and absorbent.  They go for QUANTITY and COST over usability and absorbancy.  :(

Brian

21 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@scorepio

The "loudest diaper" that I have seen are the ones they use for adults in the Rehab Center Units:  I don't know what the brand is, but I can tell you that they were thick and I saw one like it when I visited a friend that was in the rehab center a LONG time ago.  This is before all the diapers used in these places went cloth backed and had almost NO plastic at all in them.  They were peach colored as I remember.

Also, "loudest diaper" is subjective, based on your experiences:  Baby Diapers of the 70s through the 90's were always noisy, because they wanted to make sure kids stayed dry and comfortable, so they made those things THICK, and with thickness, comes the noisy factor - I dare say that in my generation, there wasn't a baby that was toddling around that you couldn't hear whether or not they had a diaper on - I mean, you could SEE and HEAR the diaper, and know it was pretty darn thick.  I would say that pampers and Luvs were pretty good then, because I had brothers and cousins and friends using them, and I liked the colors of them. 

For Adult plastic backed diapers:  I say that Rearz Rebels are one of the CLOSEST replicas to a Baby Diaper of the 90's, and for the Adult loudest diaper, I would say Molicare Super Plus, Abena M4, and Megamax are my picks. Someday, I may try a LFB diaper or something, but right now, the Megas in the colors are my go to diaper.

When they decided to go "cloth cover" then the "loudest diaper" was never an option anymore, because they "thinned them down" because they wanted kids to be able to "feel wet" so they learn when they have voided.  When they did that, the THICK diapers we used to have were replaced with what we have now, and Noise factor is not a factor anymore.  I may be wrong, but this depends on how many companies still MAKE plastic Backed Diapers, medical or AB/DL and these are usually not authorized unless you use a cheapo diaper first.

@ValentinesStuff

Most diapers now don't go for usable and absorbent.  They go for QUANTITY and COST over usability and absorbancy.  :(

Brian

I would think that more of a reason for the diapers thinning down was the use of S. A. P. in the diapers.   Diapers of the 70's and 80's were made mostly with paper pulp. In the 90's, they started adding more sap and didn't need as much paper.

I'd say that the plastic backing has changed as well,  making them quieter.   Crinklz,  NS Supreme,  NS MegaMax are all thicker now than the Attends and Depends that I started experimenting with back in the 80s, and they are quieter now.  Depends were thinner and noisier than the Attends. 

I  think that today's plastic backed diapers are pretty quiet under clothing as compared to diapers of the past.  Unless I'm going deaf as I age, LOL. 

The old Depends were the loudest diapers I've worn.  I  think the First Quality diapers I was getting for a while were pretty loud as well.   Everything I've tried now is pretty quiet. 

• Like 1

Diaper Connoisseur... at least the "Idyl" is (but probably the "Amor" is as well).   You can get them on Amazon or you can through their web site: https://diaperconn.com/

The original Fabines used to be extraordinarily crinkly too, but the later releases were much quieter... and good luck finding them now too.  The original Crinklz (v1) too, but those are also now unobtanium.

As far as those peach colored diapers... sounds like Tranquility brand.  But could also simply be institutional size color coding;  blue = med, green=large, peach=x-large.  (or is it green=med, blue=large??  regardless... they're color coded by size so the staff didn't have to actually "look")

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Spanky said:

@Crinklz Kati was thinking that the Tranquility were peach in color,  but really can't remember if they are crinkly or not. It's been so long since I tried them.

Well, inside they're peachy... they advertise their "peach mat" core.  But I can't recall if they were similarly colored on the outside years ago.  They used to be crinkly back then as well, but I think they've gone to the dark side (cloth-like) as well these days.

I always felt that the loudest diapers were the old style Depends diapers from the 90's.  I haven't worn them in quite a while but I do recall them being quite noisy.  I do know that Incontrol Essentials are quite a bit louder than the Abena L4's I wear.  I won't hesitate to wear either diaper when I need to run errands but I can sure hear the Essentials more.

Isn't it weird that the Crinklz diaper isn't very crinkly???  You'd think that with a name like Crinklz,  you'd be able to hear it 100 yards away.   Under my jeans, I  can't hear them at all.   They're one of the quietest diapers I've tried.  

Unless I'm going deaf, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 10:43 AM, Spanky said:

Isn't it weird that the Crinklz diaper isn't very crinkly???  You'd think that with a name like Crinklz,  you'd be able to hear it 100 yards away.   Under my jeans, I  can't hear them at all.   They're one of the quietest diapers I've tried.  

Unless I'm going deaf, LOL.

Well, the OG Crinklz were. 

• Like 1