LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going 24/7 has proved such a relief (pun intended)

Just wanted to celebrate with you lovely lot that, after a month in 24/7, I feel so happy and relieved to have made the choice!

I've been battling with incontinence for some time but over the last couple of years it's got quite bad with fairly regular accidents and LOTS of stress.

After lots of soul searching (and time on DD doing some 'research') I decided that the only way I was going to destress my life was to own my need for nappies.

And I have! I've fessed up to my partner that I now need to wear 'proper nappies' (as oppose to little stupid pads) and he was surprisingly supportive (and really not that shocked as he knows how often I go to the loo!) 

I've also been to see the continence nurse again and this time been really honest with her. I told her exactly how bad things have got and said I'd had a bit of an epiphany about wanting to just accept the situation and learn how to manage it, rather than pretending it might suddenly improve if I just do some kegels.

So I'm now on a steep learning curve, trying out products and learning to adapt my life but you know - this just FEELS RIGHT??! And as if to confirm all this, I was on a site visit today with work and without any warning the floodgates completely opened amd I thought THANK GOD FOR MY NAPPY! 

I'd be extremely grateful to have any nuggets of advice from those of you who have already travelled down this path.....

• Like 5

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow, pun intended.

Acceptance of a problem is part of life, well, though in our case, we don't really see it as a problem but part of who we are. Best advice I can give, Be who you are, not the "You" others expect you to be. Also always choose a product that has a higher capacity than you think you need, leaks can always happen, but the right product can minimize or even prevent that.

I for one am a proud furry-dl who actually needs them and a gamer.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Acceptance of a problem is part of life, well, though in our case, we don't really see it as a problem but part of who we are. Best advice I can give, Be who you are, not the "You" others expect you to be. Also always choose a product that has a higher capacity than you think you need, leaks can always happen, but the right product can minimize or even prevent that.

That's so awesome buddy! I bet it must feel really good to go pee-pees while gaming!?☺️? What kind of diapers do you like bud and why??? I like video games too buddy. I'm an huge gamer!?????❤️ *BIG HUG!*??❤️☺️❤️?❤️?❤️?

6 hours ago, Moochie said:

My nugget of advice is to enjoy the nuggets in your diaper!!?

That is SO gross!?? But also really funny!? LOL!????

4 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Thank you - great advice. Especially about capacity! Happy gaming ?

• Like 1

Advice?  Just go with it, embrace it, and don't look back.  As for useful tips, there's a lot on this forum, as you already know.  Good luck, and enjoy your new more carefree life.  It's worked for me, and plenty of others on here.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Stroller said:

Advice?  Just go with it, embrace it, and don't look back.  As for useful tips, there's a lot on this forum, as you already know.  Good luck, and enjoy your new more carefree life.  It's worked for me, and plenty of others on here.

You're so right Stroller! I am 100% embracing it. I've just been out on a shopping trip which would normally be stressful and toilet-centred but it was so liberating to be happily peeing in my nappy all round the shops haha. 

I do need to build up my confidence a bit with absorbancy range though as I was a bit tense about it reaching capacity but I needn't have worried as when I got home it was absolutely fine and still had some mileage in it. I know this will all just come with experience and I did have a full change in my bag (but finding a toilet to change would have been as difficult as finding one for a pee).

This afternoon I am going to switch things around in my bedroom drawers: throw away the knickers which I will never use again and restock with nappies. This feels like progress in a weird sort of way.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Little Belle said:

This afternoon I am going to switch things around in my bedroom drawers: throw away the knickers which I will never use again and restock with nappies. This feels like progress in a weird sort of way.

I did that, all my "Big Boy" undies are long gone now... well.. maybe not that long gone. I did find an old pair when cleaning my bathroom (Where I keep all my diapers, socks, t-shirt and onesies), which I threw away. Speaking of which, even if you're NOT an AB, a onesie is a good way to give your diaper/nappy some extra support as sagging can cause leaks to happen. I'd also suggest some kind of cover (Yes, even over a disposable) as they can also help prevent leaks.

8 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

That's so awesome buddy! I bet it must feel really good to go pee-pees while gaming!?☺️? What kind of diapers do you like bud and why??? I like video games too buddy. I'm an huge gamer!?????❤️ 

Typically I wear ABU's Little Pawz, Simple, or Peek ABU's with a Power Up for more capacity.

As for my games of choice.... Varies on my mood, but my favorites are Final Fantasy XIV - MMO (PC), Star Wars the Old Republic - MMO (PC), Skyrim - Both PC and PS4, Bio Mutant - PS4, Warframe - PS4, Tekken - PS4 (Funnily enough, play it most for Tekken Bowl which was an add-on for the latest one as a tribute to the original), Mutant Football League and Need for Speed - PS4... I also occasionally play Forza Horizon 4 - PC, but spend more time designing skins for my cars than actually driving them.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

I did that, all my "Big Boy" undies are long gone now... well.. maybe not that long gone. I did find an old pair when cleaning my bathroom (Where I keep all my diapers, socks, t-shirt and onesies), which I threw away. Speaking of which, even if you're NOT an AB, a onesie is a good way to give your diaper/nappy some extra support as sagging can cause leaks to happen. I'd also suggest some kind of cover (Yes, even over a disposable) as they can also help prevent leaks.

Typically I wear ABU's Little Pawz, Simple, or Peek ABU's with a Power Up for more capacity.

As for my games of choice.... Varies on my mood, but my favorites are Final Fantasy XIV - MMO (PC), Star Wars the Old Republic - MMO (PC), Skyrim - Both PC and PS4, Bio Mutant - PS4, Warframe - PS4, Tekken - PS4 (Funnily enough, play it most for Tekken Bowl which was an add-on for the latest one as a tribute to the original), Mutant Football League and Need for Speed - PS4... I also occasionally play Forza Horizon 4 - PC, but spend more time designing skins for my cars than actually driving them.

Thank you and yes I will be getting some onesies - in fact I've just been browsing..... ? I can see that setting yourself up in this lifestyle is a lot more than just nappy shopping! (And therefore more fun too).

I've also just ordered some Northshore Megamax samples as I've heard so many recommendations on here about them and, after all, who doesn't want to wear a pink nappy?!!

Mission accomplished. My underwear drawer is now officially the drawer in which I keep my nappies. All easy-to-get-to and tidy, rather than rummaging around in a cupboard. 

The cotton pants  that were in the drawer are now in a bag in the back of my car along with the old mattress protector which I replaced yesterday with a fully waterproof one. I'll be taking them to the recycling centre tomorrow ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Wow, that's pretty cool buddy! Some of my favorite games are, ghost of Tsushima, Doom (2016) Doom eternal, Marvel's Spider-Man, borderlands 2 & 3, fallout 4, metal gear solid 5, cyberpunk 2077, ratchet & clank, range 2, and uncharted 1 & 2. I've also heard of biomutant. I've heard it's really good. I also hate big boy underwear? I like the super dry kids diaper.????❤️☺️??❤️

• Like 2

About 2 yrs ago I made the decision to completely throw away my big grown up underwear , since then I moved in with my sister who knows I wear the disposable underwear ,ie tena maxi pants ,and a nappy and plastic pants at night and sometimes during the day ,when I run out of pants ,along with my blue footed sleepwear 

• Like 2

Just a little update for anyone interested..... so I'm starting to feel quite settled into my new lifestyle. I can go for long periods of time without thinking about my crinkly underwear so that has to be a win! I've got regular changing times which works for me and means I'm keeping my clothing and bed dry.

Here's a couple of things I've learnt in the past few days:

Cloth backed nappies are pretty rubbish. My Abena M3's leak somewhere pretty much every time I wear one. From now on I'm only buying plastic backed. They are more crinkly but the security they offer feels pretty awesome.

Learning to accept being wet all the time is a thing for the newbie 24/7. My level of incontinence means that I will often wet soon after a change so I'm probably wet 95% of my day and night. I'm not particularly a DL lover so this isn't something which comes naturally to me but I am starting to see that a warm wet nappy is actually quite comforting. Lots of cream at change time is keeping everything (so far) feeling rash-free.

I continue to struggle with peeing whilst laying in bed. This results in me flooding my nappy almost the moment I get out of bed as gravity kicks in and at that point I can't hold it back. The advice to 'just stay relaxed' isn't making any difference here. Any advice on getting through this barrier would be gratefully received ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Little Belle said:

I continue to struggle with peeing whilst laying in bed. This results in me flooding my nappy almost the moment I get out of bed as gravity kicks in and at that point I can't hold it back. The advice to 'just stay relaxed' isn't making any difference here. Any advice on getting through this barrier would be gratefully received

It took time for me.  Gradually I got there, and now I wet easily enough in bed, often without knowing it was going happen.  That doesn't often happen during the day.  But it took months before wetting in bed was an easy thing.  No idea why - I was relaxed enough.  Now it's OK, on my side or on my back - it just doesn't matter.  But it took months to get to where I am now, so don't worry too much about it.  I've still never wet in my sleep, as far as I'm aware, but maybe that'll happen as well eventually.  The trick is not to worry about it, as far as I can see.  Good luck!

• Like 2

Congratulations, @Little Belle; deciding to live your life in nappies is a big step, as is tossing the obsolete knickers that once occupied your dresser. It sounds like you did both at more or less the same time, which speaks well of your certainty in this being the correct path for you. I've been 24/7 for about 2.5 years, but I only got around to tossing my neglected underwear out about a year ago, although they lived in a bag on a high shelf in my garage, behind the winter tires, for a year before that. But actually pitching that bag felt like a BIG step when I did it. Another huge step is telling your partner - that was probably the scariest thing for me, more so than wearing a diaper to work or out with friends or whatever. I had no idea how she would react, but it turns out that she is okay with it, if not an enthusiastic participant. Give yourself a big pat on the back (or on the nappy) for having taken three big steps within a very short period of time. I wish you all the success in the world!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Stroller said:

It took time for me.  Gradually I got there, and now I wet easily enough in bed, often without knowing it was going happen.  That doesn't often happen during the day.  But it took months before wetting in bed was an easy thing.  No idea why - I was relaxed enough.  Now it's OK, on my side or on my back - it just doesn't matter.  But it took months to get to where I am now, so don't worry too much about it.  I've still never wet in my sleep, as far as I'm aware, but maybe that'll happen as well eventually.  The trick is not to worry about it, as far as I can see.  Good luck!

Thank you I will just kind of put it out of my mind then and just truly relax! It's so weird that during the day I am constantly wetting and already (even after only about a month of 24/7) often without realising it's coming - and yet at night I can't leak at all. The human body is a curious and magical thing....!

1 hour ago, Dprczyone said:

Very happy for you Little Belle! Being comfortable in who you are makes life a lot easier. So if it's diapers you need then by all means wear and enjoy them.

Yes! This! And thank you!

I feel so much more relaxed and calm now so I know this is the right path.

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

Congratulations, @Little Belle; deciding to live your life in nappies is a big step, as is tossing the obsolete knickers that once occupied your dresser. It sounds like you did both at more or less the same time, which speaks well of your certainty in this being the correct path for you. I've been 24/7 for about 2.5 years, but I only got around to tossing my neglected underwear out about a year ago, although they lived in a bag on a high shelf in my garage, behind the winter tires, for a year before that. But actually pitching that bag felt like a BIG step when I did it. Another huge step is telling your partner - that was probably the scariest thing for me, more so than wearing a diaper to work or out with friends or whatever. I had no idea how she would react, but it turns out that she is okay with it, if not an enthusiastic participant. Give yourself a big pat on the back (or on the nappy) for having taken three big steps within a very short period of time. I wish you all the success in the world!

@Little Sherrithank you I will take that! Especially from diaper royalty like you! As a long time lurker I've been avidly following yours and @oznl 's adventures in padding and your posts have given me many useful insights - not to mention quite a lot of entertainment at times too!

I have had to take some decisive actions and be clear it's this path for me. To be honest, I live my life generally in a 'go big or go home' mindset.

I also remember you said somewhere that every situation just felt more 'right' somehow in a nappy and that's exactly how I feel. 

4 hours ago, Little Belle said:

I continue to struggle with peeing whilst laying in bed. This results in me flooding my nappy almost the moment I get out of bed as gravity kicks in and at that point I can't hold it back. The advice to 'just stay relaxed' isn't making any difference here. Any advice on getting through this barrier would be gratefully received ?

I  think I mentioned in another thread, I actually had to practise going lying down as I couldn't do it either.

When at home during the day I would drink lots and each time I wanted to go I would hit the bed. Starting by kneeling on the bed, then sitting on the bed, then gradually reclining more and more as you manage to go. Eventually I was able to go led down.

As well as the physical training there is also a mental component. At night (in fact at any time really) it really does help to know that your diaper isn't going to leak or if it does you have taken precautions so that it doesn't matter. 

As daft as it sounds I would even lay there on my bed and speak to myself giving permission to go, "go on its ok, you can go!" I still sometimes do this at night if I wake up and my bladder is proving unruly, give it a good talking too, it's mind over matter and I am determined I am not getting up :) 

13 hours ago, Little Belle said:

Let me add my belated congratulations on your “dive right in” 24/7 strategy btw.  I’ve been a bit busy with my stupid gig-economy job lately and not watching the forums as much as I was when fully unemployed.

I’m one of those annoying people who either never had a problem letting go laying down or if I did, it was so long ago I can’t remember it.  That information is of course, no help to you at all but I suspect some of the information given here might be.

8 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

When at home during the day I would drink lots and each time I wanted to go I would hit the bed. Starting by kneeling on the bed, then sitting on the bed, then gradually reclining more and more as you manage to go. Eventually I was able to go led down.

As well as the physical training there is also a mental component. At night (in fact at any time really) it really does help to know that your diaper isn't going to leak or if it does you have taken precautions so that it doesn't matter.

@BabyJilly_S's advice resonates strongly with what others have told me.  A “transitional” step of wetting your diaper standing alongside the bed/kneeling on the bed/sitting in bed did in the past help somebody I know overcome this.   Being able to trust your nappy is also very, very important and remember, in bed at night, it doesn't matter if your bum looks big (it arguably doesn't matter anywhere):  more is more.

I also think posture also helps: there is a “flopped frog” position (check the “12 month guide”) that allegedly assists.

Additionally, I truly believe that these things can also come a bit easier if you are a bit wet to begin with.  Try going to bed not-quite-dry.  It seems to lower a kind of psychological bar.  For me, this was very definitely a stepping stone to bed-wetting which I actually don't mind because it's less problem than being woken by my bladder for a 2am wee.

Good luck with your journey!

4 hours ago, oznl said:

Let me add my belated congratulations on your “dive right in” 24/7 strategy btw.  I’ve been a bit busy with my stupid gig-economy job lately and not watching the forums as much as I was when fully unemployed.

I’m one of those annoying people who either never had a problem letting go laying down or if I did, it was so long ago I can’t remember it.  That information is of course, no help to you at all but I suspect some of the information given here might be.

Thank you @oznl I guess I have dived in compared to most people's approach although over the last 10 months or so I've done the typical journey of pads to pullups to tabbed nappies which I think most of 24/7 people have done. It's just that I've finally faced up to it all in a bit of an epiphany.

I'm sorry to hear your employment situation is not ideal; I lost a 'big time' job at the height of Covid then took a short term contract which I hated and was underpaid for but I've been lucky to get another well paid job that I enjoy and gives me a great work/life balance. Try to look at it less as rejection and more as redirection. I think something exciting will be around the corner if you keep an open mind. (And I'm a very similar age to you if that helps to reassure you as an older knowledge worker.)

Does my bum look big in this?

So in the latest of my adjustments to my new lifestyle is the acceptance that I can no longer have a small, shapely butt. Depending on which nappy I'm wearing and how long I've been wearing it, my bum is now pretty massive. And that has made me feel quite self conscious and like I need to be constantly checking that my shirt is covering my derriere.

But it's all quite relative as I've just gone back into a Tena Slip Maxi after a couple of days in high capacity Drylife Plus and I felt like I'd practically got a thong on in comparison when I'd first changed into the Tena. Prehaps that's the plan - wearing big nappies when I'm working from home and at night and then slipping into something a bit more streamlined for going out and about.

I have to say that the feeling of security when I'm wearing those big boys is amazing even though I'm insecure about my bum size. Ah well, I guess I'll get over obsessing about how I look.

Something good happened today with my partner. It seems he's got zero problem getting used to me in nappies. As we were going out this evening he patted my bum and asked if I had my 'huggies' on. I said yes and that I was wearing them all the time now. He just and sort of shrugged and said no more about it. 

• Like 4

@Little Belle

I wouldn’t worry about your “bum size” while you’re in a diaper. You were in a diaper because you want to be, or because you need to be, and that is cool. What are you do is when I go out, I still wear my mega max, but I add the GARY wear pants over the top, so it doesn’t matter what I release when I release, but what does matter is that a diaper take the punishment and so does the pants that are over it, rather than the seat cushion under me or any other thing I sit on.

as you said it sounds like your partner is it very excepting of your use of diapers. When you have those “big boys on” you probably feel like you could release anything, and it would feel awesome, and you would be OK. I agree with that sentiment. There are times when I have to release, and I wasn’t planning on having to release, and if you have to do a BM, those mega maxes will take the punishment, and most of your mess hopefully will remain within your diaper. Done that a few times, however it does take about 15 to 20 minutes sometimes to clean up if I really have a mess. I am very fortunate that I have a roll in shower in my bathroom. If I were to have an accident, I would have to do is roll my chair into my bathroom set on my bench, take my clothes off, and turn the water on.

Who knows, your partner may think that you look “cute“ in your diapers“ as he gets used to them. Just like in your case, diapers give me security, and help me deal with some of my emotional “Baggage“ and when I have a diaper on I don’t worry. With all the things I have to worry about in life, wearing diapers is the least of my worries. At least this way if I have to release, I can do it, and I can do it in a way that makes me comfortable, so I don’t have to worry.

in my case I only have one diaper:  The mega max. I wear them 24 seven 365, but I can see why you would want a thicker diaper at home or when you were in bed, versus when you go out and you want to be able to have it be less noticeable, or maybe you want it to be less thick when you are doing whatever you’re doing running around. That is to be expected. However, diapers help you in many ways, as you have alluded to,  at home, your diapers can be as cute as they want to be, as thick as you want to be, and you can use them as much as you want. The luxury of being in continent is you have your diaper on, and you know that you will use it, and you know that you don’t have to feel bad for doing so. For years I have been dealing with issues that have to deal with my disability, and as I get older, like in 2019, I have accidents or times when I cannot get up fast enough, so diapers make it easy for me.

People tell me all the time that I should go out and see if I can pick up a nice lady, that may become my girlfriend. People tell me that I should go out to bars, but I don’t want to do that. I have a feeling that if I find the right girl, they might find me sexy for more than one reason. Maybe it’ll be because of the way I look, the way I talk, or whatever she thinks is appropriate, and heck she might think that my diaper is cute, or that it is awesome to wear diapers. Most of the people that I deal with understand that I need them, or that they believe that you are awesome guy. Who knows, I am a nice guy and maybe someday before I hit 70 I might find somebody that likes me for what I am who I am and what I do. Until then I will remain single, but maybe just maybe, there may be somebody that thinks that I am an awesome guy, and except me for everything that I am.

don’t worry @Little Bellewear Your diapers with pride: and I’m sure there are ways that you can make yourself look really awesome even when you have your diaper on. I have friends that were diapers all the time and they enjoy it. Who knows, I’ve heard of people who end up getting together because of the love of diapers, but that may not be as common as I think.

congratulations on making it this far! I’m sure you will do just fine, and like other friends, eventually wearing diapers won’t be as nerve-racking, and you’ll just do it, and it won’t be a problem at all. I have excepted that I wear diapers, and what I try to do is do fun things with them or in them. Enjoy it, you’ve earned it, and no one can take away from you. I am sure you are a very nice lady and that you will enjoy this.

Brian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 11/12/2021 at 4:22 AM, Little Belle said:

Does my bum look big in this?

If this is important to you I have a suggestion that may help.  I wear high capacity nappies all the time (I'd rather use fewer, larger nappies).  Over my nappies and Gary PUL waterproof pants (I cannot speak highly enough of these) I wear a pair of black, women's "shapewear" compression shorts.  These do a remarkable job of flattening out "visible diaper lines" and also help keep my nappy where it needs to be.  These shapewear garments are dirt cheap and are sufficiently underwear-like to allow me to change outerwear in front of my beloved without meltdowns.

11 hours ago, oznl said:

If this is important to you I have a suggestion that may help.  I wear high capacity nappies all the time (I'd rather use fewer, larger nappies).  Over my nappies and Gary PUL waterproof pants (I cannot speak highly enough of these) I wear a pair of black, women's "shapewear" compression shorts.  These do a remarkable job of flattening out "visible diaper lines" and also help keep my nappy where it needs to be.  These shapewear garments are dirt cheap and are sufficiently underwear-like to allow me to change outerwear in front of my beloved without meltdowns.

Thank you yes it is important to me and I think that's good advice, I shall have a look online.

That must be a lot of layers - lovely and cosy for me here in cold damp England but maximum respect for you in Aus!