LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Make up your mind already!

DailyDi

How much debate goes into putting a diaper on for you?

For me, I would say moderate. I'd prefer to wear a diaper most of the time, but choose to wear pull-ups most days to save money and try not to give up total control. There's also some debate when I am going out of the house. Mainly for short trips where a pull-up should be enough, so do I really want to "waste" a diaper and throw out the pull-up I'm wearing that's not maxed out.

There is always cloth diapers or trainers and plastic pants!!! Washable and in the long run cheaper....or if it is hot, and you want moderate protection, try the Seni supers....cloth like shell ( yeah I know) and they hold a good amount, and will last you for an outing plus. They are thin and descreet also, and fairly inexpensive....*shrug* might be worth a try.....and better than pull ups!!??

I usually won’t if I have somewhere to be, or plan to go out. Oddly, Wednesday was a bit of an anomaly. I was going to Oktoberfest at church and when I was getting ready for bed, I put on a Crinklz Astronaut. Usually I won’t, if I know I’m going.  I didn’t use it but it set it off to the side and went to church. I do throw it back on this morning.  I did end up soaking it when I woke up around 6 this evening.  If I have to work that night, it’s a little different because I usually shower before I go to work. Then it becomes a question of how I’m feeling when I get off work and get my errands done. 

No debate necessary, Its either "Put one on!" or risk a number of inconvenient things due to my hemorrhoids, which includes but not limited to.. Mucus discharge, blood, poop, loss of urinary control or just them prolapsing (which usually causes one or all of the list). Nope, no thanks. Ruined enough clothes in the past. Diaper on? Check!.. At least I'm also a DL so I don't mind "Needing" diapers.

Some.  As most know, I usually wear once or twice a week for a few hours when I get up early on days I have off, but a couple times a month (like today) I have a Saturday off with the house to myself.  Knowing my upcoming work schedule ahead of time allows me to plan for diaper time.  I get a lot of my diapers at Goodwill and they are more like store brands, good for about 3 to 4 hours which is about what I wear mornings I don't work.  Usually I'll start digging though the diapers in my closet and just pick one of the closest in the multiple bags I have without having to dig way down.  Sometimes I will have a diaper in mind, pass up others until I find what I'm looking for.

On days I have the house to myself, I plan on how I'm going to spend the day diapered.  I may take a store type brand, wear and wet it from 6am to 9am and be done with it.  I have about a 2 hour window from around 9am to about 11am where I have to wait for people to leave before I can put on another diaper.  Often on a Saturday with the house to myself I plan to do more than just wet my diaper so I'll choose a couple diapers from Goodwill.  They are thinner and won't last as long as a premium diaper so I can put one on and almost immediately drop a stinky load in it.  I'll prepare by wearing good plastic pants over it just in case, and often a onesie to help prevent sagging.  With a store type diaper I can enjoy a messy diaper for a few hours before changing into a clean dry diaper and haven't wasted a premium 8 hour diaper.  This also works if I first have to go to the store or run errands.  A diaper from goodwill has a low profile when out and about (and yes, I wait until I'm back home to poop in it).

If I'm going to be out running errands for maybe about 3 hours, a store type brand I get from Goodwill like Attends, Prevail, McKesson and others work very well and are discreet under my jeans.  Virtually no diaper bulge for anyone to notice.  If I'm going out of town for more than 4 hours, such as when I go Christmas shopping, I'll wear a premium diaper such as Betterdry or Abena L4.  It didn't used to be like that.  I used to just wear a regular store diaper with a booster pad but then I would have to find a restroom somewhere after around 4 hours and change my diaper.  With premium diapers I can go all day without needing to change when out shopping, although the bulk from a very wet Betterdry is quite noticeable by the end of the day.

This past summer I took a solo vacation and was in diapers and shorts the whole time except when sleeping at night.  Betterdry, Abena L4 and some low end diapers.  I did plan each day on what diapers to wear.  For example, if I was just going to breakfast and then back to the motel until leaving for my next attraction, I would start with a low end diaper and then change to a premium diaper for most of the day.  If I was hitting the attractions early, then a Betterdry would start the day and I would stop by the motel around 2 or 3PM to change into another premium diaper that would last me until I was ready to turn in.

I'm sure many people just grab the first diaper they have or if they are 24/7 they have a regular routine each day, but I usually do give some thought to how I'm going to diaper for the day and my choices.  Today I have the house to myself but don't plan on messing my diaper so I've started out with a Betterdry diaper that should last me until at least 4pm.

I have 2 shelves in my closet where I keep my "ready" diapers.  Each can hold 3 bags worth, so usually 6 different types of diapers (though that can sometimes mean variations of the same thing - either Bambino, ABU, or Rearz).  However, I find myself avoiding the mega capacity types for more conventional capacity types simply because I know I can't really fully utilize it by the time I have to take it off.   But that's not always a bad thing --- cuz it means I'm using the less expensive ones more often.

• Like 1