LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

BACK to the future

DailyDi

Finally got my referral to an orthopedist for my back, and have an appointment tomorrow.

Now I'm anxiety ridden because I expected more time to get used to the idea of seeing another doctor, and one tat will want to poke and prod me.

• Like 1

That's great news Mikey boy!?? Praying that your appointment goes well.? And wishing you a very healthy back!? *BIG HUGS*?❤️? Buddy! Also, I love Back to Future! I've seen all 3 movies. My local theater was actually having "Back to the Future" Day! It's when they would play all 3 movies in a row back to back for the price of one. It was on the 30th anniversary of the movies actually, back in 2015! It was so much fun! I saw it with a bunch of friends. I'll never forget that!? Michael J. Fox is amazing! We had such a good time! That was actually my first time seeing all 3 movies too!☺️????❤️??

• Like 1

Might have tried a chiopractor first, and get an adjustment ( unless you already tried that.) You need to determine if it a soft tissue situation ( muscles, tendons and ligaments) , or more structural(spinal and bone) 

Mine is a soft tissue prblem, and I know it, and I do things about it when it flares up, the structural stuff is more complicated, because there are very tiny nerves involved.

Good luck, and I hope they can figure things out!! ??

• Like 1

The only 100% guaranteed cure for back pain, is lying on your back on the hard boards ...............................

.................................of your coffin.

• Like 1

Looks like the start of Degenerative disc disease and Psoriatic arthritis. Have to get an MRI Friday.Got a different pain medicine to try in the meantime. Had a long line to wait at Walgreens and was in terrible pain. Pretty fucking down right now staring at conditions that only get worse not better.

• Sad 3
28 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Looks like the start of Degenerative disc disease and Psoriatic arthritis. Have to get an MRI Friday.Got a different pain medicine to try in the meantime. Had a long line to wait at Walgreens and was in terrible pain. Pretty fucking down right now staring at conditions that only get worse not better.

So what's going to happen to your back, buddy??? And how is it going to get worse, are you going to have to be in a wheelchair??

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

The only 100% guaranteed cure for back pain, is lying on your back on the hard boards ...............................

.................................of your coffin.

Ghat's sooooooo baaaaad....

3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Ugh! That sucks, but that is what you needed to know......regardless. But now you know, and can start to work in a direction that will be beneficial to you. I'm sorry this preliminary  diagnosis

Is not the happiest in the world, BUT, the MRI 'might' give some better insight, and it might not be as bad as initially suspected, so keep your chin up, hope for the best ( but plan for the worst....ugh)

Good luck either way!!!

*high 5's*

qwack

• Like 2
15 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

So what's going to happen to your back, buddy??? And how is it going to get worse, are you going to have to be in a wheelchair??

That's a possibility according to the doc.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

That's a possibility according to the doc.

That's really bad News buddy! I'm sorry to hear that.?? Hopefully it doesn't come to that point and you're able to keep your back healthy as long as possible. That still really sucks though!????

On 9/22/2021 at 6:24 PM, DailyDi said:

@DailyDi

I had my orthopedist told me the same thing in 2015: I have degenerative disc disease myself, as well as a pinched nerve at C6 and C7. I don’t know if there’s a way to correct that other than to have them open my neck, take out the bad disc, put in a plate and screw it to seeI had my orthopedist told me the same thing in 2015: I have degenerative disc disease myself, as well as a pinched nerve at C6 and C7. I don’t know if there’s a way to correct that other than to have them open my neck, take out the bad disc, put in a plate and screw it to C8 and see nine, close me up and collaring me for eight weeks or more.

I think the cause of my degenerative disc disease was because of the fact that for 40 years or maybe a little less maybe it was about 30, I always carried some thing on my back. Most of the time it was heavy books or binders or whatever I carried on my back. In high school my bag with my portable office. So because I didn’t want to keep going to my locker, I would always carry what I needed and only switch books during study hall or lunch.  As far as I know, there is no cure for degenerative disc disease, but that does not mean that your life is over. I’m not sure exactly how bad mine is now, but if I have to have surgery it probably is a lot worse than I think. I am prepared for that eventuality if it becomes necessary, but I don’t wish to pursue it unless it becomes necessary because the injections usually work well. Degenerative disc disease is no fun, because you don’t know how fast they can deteriorate. It does suck however, when you’re not sure how things will go, because as you age things can change in a heartbeat.

I wish you luck Mikey - if you are dealing with back issues, that can be really bad because any pain in your back can originate in your back or go down your spine, and we know how that feels! Hopefully, they will be able to determine how best to help you, or make you feel more comfortable so that you can function. I know how it feels not to be able to move without assistance. When I was in high school, I had both of my legs broken at the hips,The tendons in my groin released, and my legs turned around and pinned together.

I then spent at least two months with my legs in a spread eagle position, so that they could heal. The only thing I could do was to stand with my mother behind me holding me up during my convalescence. I had to work hard because I was a senior, and I was due to graduate in June 1991. Once I was able to determine that I would be able to attend college in August 1991 without any problem with medical issues, I told the doctor to proceed with that surgery. And as promised, I walked on the campus of Champlain College in Burlington Vermont the first day of class and was able to function as if my legs had always been the way they are now. I am always glad that I have a good surgeons and good doctors, but as I age, I worry about having to do surgical procedures due to my disability:well I have a problem, well I wake up, is this really necessary? These are all things that we must consider when you elect for surgery and if you get that far 99 times out of 100, you have already explored all other options and surgery is the only thing left. There are some people that think they’re having a disability is easy. It has its good points, And it has its bad points. One of the bad points is if you’ve lost any ground it takes a while to get it back, and you must work doubly hard to get there.

Brian

• Like 1