LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My diaper stinks.

But not for the reason you might think.
Some diapers just seem to be making more bad smell than others.
Like the smell is in the diaper, and it only comes out when it gets wet.

I have used the same type of Bambino diaper for many days this week and its the same smell every time.
Seems like it is only Bambinos, as I had a similar problem with them before too.

I have used Tena in between without that bad smell, so I'm 99% sure its the diaper.

Its not the booster either, as I have used the same type booster in different diapers over the last weeks.

Its most likely due to the make up of the diaper core. On top of it having sap and bleached wood pulp, the core also has a non harmful chemical that helps neutralize odors. Sometimes it gives the diaper a very famous dry diaper core smell you might know.

I used to notice this too, but from a brand of pull up I used to wear. It was a weird chemical odor after the pull up got wet the first time, not super strong, but enough for me to notice. 

I think the brand was "protection plus" ...I havn't noticed it with other brands, so it might just be a hit-and-miss thing...*shrug*.

Mine stink because I have a chronic UTI and have to boil them after soaking them in "Napisan"

12 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Its most likely due to the make up of the diaper core. On top of it having sap and bleached wood pulp, the core also has a non harmful chemical that helps neutralize odors. Sometimes it gives the diaper a very famous dry diaper core smell you might know.

@MegaChar @Dubious

I am wondering if the smell that is being talked about could be caused because of the fact the diaper is not being used and is in storage for so long which means that for some reason the diaper itself has changed chemically which causes the bad smell or what somebody refers to as stink. These things are designed to be able to handle urine and fecal contaminants and as such the odor control that is inside the diaper is supposed to maintain its self but may have broken down so I’m wondering if the diaper being The way it is is due to the fact that there is a chemical change within the diaper or within the odor control.

It is my professional opinion that if diapers are not used eventually whatever makes them able to handle odor control may end up degrading overtime which could cause the smell that is being talked about. I’m not sure exactly what chemicals go into a diaper to make them able to handle older but this is what makes sense to me I am wondering:  with a diaper that is brand new: would there be such an odor that would make the diaper stink?

just curious……

Brian

Tena have the best odor control IMO, and they don't have this problem, and I have worn old Tena's.

For me, its only Bambino that had this problem.
I stopped using them a few years ago cause of this, but liked the design on Cloudy, so had to try them on, and I still like them, but its not a diaper I could wear out around people, and therefor unlikely that I would buy again. 

Maybe something "wrong" with me, as I can get similar smell with other diapers, but this was much stronger.

The only problems I have with cloth backed diapers is they stretch and you have to tighten up the tapes.  They are also a little more prone to wicking a little pee to the outer cover in the crotch area if you over wet.  Yeah, I prefer the plastic outer covering on diapers, but really it's the inside of the diaper where the action happens so whether the outside is plastic or cloth backed, they both work good enough for me.  There's always plastic pants that can be used over disposable diapers including both plastic and cloth backed.  I do it all the time, especially if I plan to drop a load in my diaper.

10 hours ago, Whatsthatsmell said:

I just don’t like the feel of cloth backed.  Feels like I’m pooping in my underwear. 

8 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

You are pooping in your underwear.

Unless he is not wearing anything over his diaper.  Then he is just pooping in his wear!

• Haha 2