LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My smart tv is dumb!

My Smart TV has run out of memory! I guess they didn't anticipate the number of streaming services we'd have by now. I can't add HBO Max (which I get free) because there's no more storage space.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

My Smart TV has run out of memory! I guess they didn't anticipate the number of streaming services we'd have by now. I can't add HBO Max (which I get free) because there's no more storage space.

Well, can you add more storage space? It maybe time to get a new TV. How did you manage to get HBO Max for free? That sounds cool!???☺️

Personally hate "smart" devices for privacy reasons, I have a Raspberry Pi running kodi and we mostly use locally stored media. We do have streaming services but we usually watch those on our computer. I'm currently working on a way for us to watch them in the living room too, but out little setup has been working fine for us for now.

Anyway as for a solution that most people would accept, have you thought of getting a Roku, Firestick or other streaming device with "channels" of sorts? This might solve your problem as far as storage goes, though they are an extra device you'd need plugged into your TV.

Did you also try and check to see if the TV came pre-installed with any crapware? you might be able to go into the settings and "disable" them, I doubt you'll be able to uninstall them. Disabling them will revert them to the oldest version (usually far smaller file sizes) and free up some space, might be worth checking out. (This solution assumes your TV runs android, androidTV or similar.)

Was thinking of getting a Roku anyway as I have a free membership to Apple TV+ and my TV doesn't offer that app at all.

I get HBO free as part of my cellphone plan, and Apple free for upgrading my iphone

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Was thinking of getting a Roku anyway as I have a free membership to Apple TV+ and my TV doesn't offer that app at all.

I get HBO free as part of my cellphone plan, and Apple free for upgrading my iphone

Nice!??

I got a year of Apple TV for free when I bought my iPad. I need to check it out. It’s been almost a year by now and I can’t tell you a single thing about it lol. I think I opened the app once like right after I got it activated. I closed it after a minute or two and was going to investigate more later, but never did.

• Like 1

I blocked my smart TV from ever going online again...

After I watched a documentary on YouTube about Scientology, I started getting invitations to join "The Church" in my snail mail box!

I had looked into it YEARS ago and recognized right off the bat they were using brainwashing techniques on me. (Yes, birds fly! So f-ing what!)

I still get the same packet of info about once a month...grrr

On 4/18/2021 at 4:44 PM, dyperbole said:

I just got a new smart TV, and HBO Max isn't one of the apps offered by the manufacturer.  I've had to cast it from my iPhone to the TV via AIrplay, which at least works fairly well.  

As is evidenced from the recent tif between Roku and Google, it's not automatic that channels will appear.   I bought a smart TV about 5 years ago that I still use, and the TV is fine.  The smart part is useless and use a portable Roku device.  My Roku TV is quite a bit more useful.     It took them about a month to put NBC's Peacock on the system, and since I like to watch English Soccer, I had to cast it from my computer.