LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just wondering those who have books on Amazon or other platforms do you advertise outside of the platform you are selling on AKA Amazon?

Just wondering those who have books on Amazon or other platforms do you advertise outside of the platform you are selling on AKA Amazon?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you advertise outside of where you sell?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you like to know where to advertise if your answer above is no?

• Yes
    • No

Hi there,  I am not the best of writers though one thing I do know a lot about is advertising and marketing.  The poll I created was for those who do advertise and those who do not advertise their books.  

One thing I know for sure is that if you get links out there of your books the more chances that someone who is searching for a particular genera.  "If I spelt it wrong please forgive me." I suck at grammar.

The better chance they may buy your book.  If you do a search for your genera on google you will see on the first page a lot of books that can be bought as people are searching for a particular book to read.

There are many other places to put eyeballs on your book.  Though if you want to see those ideas please feel free to vote yes in the poll for that topic.

Remember this the more books being sold or read the more money you may make.

Forgot to mention this.

Since I suck at grammar and writing novels I thought that @WBDaddy Reference guide: Dialogue in stories is a great resource for me as my grammar sucks and he shows me stuff I have an issue comprehending.  I though do have grammarly though not the paid version so it helps a little bit not a lot.

• Like 1

As a primarily non-AB author, I suspect my niche is somewhat smaller.

I don't advertise on Amazon because I suspect they wouldn't allow it. I don't really understand the line between erotica and not. Apparently, it is up to Amazon to determine. I honestly note my books are not for under 18 when I list them.

About all I do is mention them here and add a Tumblr post. I usually mention when I put a new one up and when I give one away.

Sometimes I'll mention them on FetLife and Zity but that's a not as often.

So, what insight can you shed on more sales and royalties? Curious minds are listening.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoTox said:

As a primarily non-AB author, I suspect my niche is somewhat smaller.

I don't advertise on Amazon because I suspect they wouldn't allow it. I don't really understand the line between erotica and not. Apparently, it is up to Amazon to determine. I honestly note my books are not for under 18 when I list them.

About all I do is mention them here and add a Tumblr post. I usually mention when I put a new one up and when I give one away.

Sometimes I'll mention them on FetLife and Zity but that's a not as often.

So, what insight can you shed on more sales and royalties? Curious minds are listening.

Create a author website write about or post blurbs use keywords in your article to get noticed.  Here I did a simple google keyword search for you.

Though for a website to get traction there would have to be much more keywords in variant areas. 

It is good that your using tumbler as well.  Though I do not think facebook would be a good idea as they frown on stuff related to diapers.  But you can also create pinterest pins that can get you traffic to your books.

There are a lot of ideas for traffic that I have.

keywords for fanfiction diaper.JPG

• Like 1

My book is coming out in the next month or so (no OFFICIAL release date yet, but we are VERY close).   I am an AB author with lots of short stories, and this book is the first volume, called "Kita's Scribbles". 

While I do know SOME places to advertise it, I have also answered "yes" to wanting to know where to advertise it!  As long as I have been writing, I've never actually done this before. 

So if you've got tips to share, I am very willing to listen!  

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Kita Sparkles said:

My book is coming out in the next month or so (no OFFICIAL release date yet, but we are VERY close).   I am an AB author with lots of short stories, and this book is the first volume, called "Kita's Scribbles". 

While I do know SOME places to advertise it, I have also answered "yes" to wanting to know where to advertise it!  As long as I have been writing, I've never actually done this before. 

So if you've got tips to share, I am very willing to listen!  

Since your writing about diaper related fiction.  Facebook might be out though you can post to Pinterest.  You would create a pinterest business account and then create images using canva and put your books link in there.  Also tumbler and your own website use your authors name as the domain name.  Create a blog and blog about your fiction book.  Like blurbs.  Post that to pinterest and tumbler.

• Like 1

I advertise non-kink books using Amazon, Google, and sometimes Facebook.

That’s paid advertising.

The thing is, Amazon doesn’t technically allow people to advertise erotica. You can advertise romance novels on Amazon, but where they draw the line between romance and erotica isn’t clear. It would really depend, I think, on how closely they moderate ads, and how prudishly.

You can advertise erotica on other platforms, but it’s risky for ABDL authors. Let’s say you’re on Facebook and decide to advertise there. As a user, your kink account can fly below the radar, but as an advertiser, your ad and your profile WILL get looked at by a human, and the TOS for advertisers are stricter than for users. Maybe the ad gets approved, or maybe you get kicked off the site entirely.

If you want to advertise erotica, I think Google is the best way to do it via paid search results or by placing ads on specific sites. 

Barring that, I “advertise” through unpaid means. I have a Twitter account where I post micro fiction and tweet out new chapters and books, I release free or sample chapters on Deviant Art, Reddit, and other forums, and of course I post here.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Kita Sparkles said:

I got kicked off Patreon, unfortunately.  But I do have Tumblr, Pinterest, Ko-Fi, and DeviantArt.  I also have my own site and my own story forum. 

Nice on the others. Sorry you got kicked off patreon.

The only advertising I do is post links on here, twatter, and deviant art.  How is the reddit ABDL scene? May I ask what other forums you use?

On 3/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, Alex Bridges said:

Barring that, I “advertise” through unpaid means. I have a Twitter account where I post micro fiction and tweet out new chapters and books, I release free or sample chapters on Deviant Art, Reddit, and other forums, and of course I post here.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

The only advertising I do is post links on here, twatter, and deviant art.  How is the reddit ABDL scene? May I ask what other forums you use?

I just post here on Reddit. I'm not really active there as a community member. https://www.reddit.com/r/abdlstories/

I post on spankingneeds.com, but I find that disappointing. It's not nearly as active as DD.

There's also the ABDL Story Forum, and several DD members are mods. https://forums.abdlstoryforum.info/c/stories/board-member-stories/23

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

I just post here on Reddit. I'm not really active there as a community member. https://www.reddit.com/r/abdlstories/

I post on spankingneeds.com, but I find that disappointing. It's not nearly as active as DD.

There's also the ABDL Story Forum, and several DD members are mods. https://forums.abdlstoryforum.info/c/stories/board-member-stories/23

Thankies!  ?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Thankies!  ?

You’re welcome. Lemme know if you find any other good places.

What I haven’t tried yet is literotica and lushstories (as a writer; spent more than a hot minute in those places as a reader)

2 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

It's definitely not a place for folks who are still learning how to manage grammar and style basics, not to mention plot basics.  

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the long-term health of the forum, though.  The current owner is the spouse of the late owner, and has no interest in ABDL, just keeping the forum going for the sake of momentum, I think, and her health is failing too.  

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

It's definitely not a place for folks who are still learning how to manage grammar and style basics, not to mention plot basics.  

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the long-term health of the forum, though.  The current owner is the spouse of the late owner, and has no interest in ABDL, just keeping the forum going for the sake of momentum, I think, and her health is failing too.  

Yeah, I keep meaning to save all of the stories I like off of that board... I wouldn't be surprised if it was shutdown within the year with everything going on with her health.

• Sad 2
16 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

You’re welcome. Lemme know if you find any other good places.

What I haven’t tried yet is literotica and lushstories (as a writer; spent more than a hot minute in those places as a reader)

I haven't tried either of those places, so I don't know how well ABDL stuff is received over there. I don't put enough sex in my stories to post in those places. ? It could be worth checking out though, like lurking and scoping out the scene. 

edit:  There's also wattpad and archive of our own, but most of that seems to fanfiction. I think some authors here also post on wattpad.  I'm thinking about trying it. along with ao3n(archive of our own)

• 4 months later...

Interesting results, to say the least.  Majority of us don't advertise where we sell, and we want to know where to advertise.

My one published novella is available on Amazon, but I don't advertise there.  I did, at first, but results were not paying for it.

Because it is not kink by any stretch, I do advertise in several Facebook groups by adding a link to posts I make in the groups.  One sale in three months, but it's a sale I wouldn't have had without FB.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Interesting results, to say the least.  Majority of us don't advertise where we sell, and we want to know where to advertise.

My one published novella is available on Amazon, but I don't advertise there.  I did, at first, but results were not paying for it.

Because it is not kink by any stretch, I do advertise in several Facebook groups by adding a link to posts I make in the groups.  One sale in three months, but it's a sale I wouldn't have had without FB.

Facebook business page pinterest,SEO just to name a few.