LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Star Trek vs. Star Wars

5 hours ago, id0ntknow said:

I like both, but I've definitely seen more Star Wars than Trek. With Star Trek I would watch episodes when I happened upon it on tv, but they were usually random episodes. I'd like to get the series on dvd, but it's pretty expensive last I saw.

When the original series came out I bought each year on DVD.  Each set was over $100.  Now you can get them for a fraction of that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

When the original series came out I bought each year on DVD.  Each set was over $100.  Now you can get them for a fraction of that.

Yep... and imagine those who bought all the VHS tapes when they were released that way (I had no money back then or I might actually have).  $24.95/tape (or maybe only 19.99) if I recall with only 2 episodes each.   Plus S&H!  A single season would have cost a fortune... taken up a huge amount of space, and was obsolete in just a few years when DVD came out. 

When Farscape first hit DVD, they did the same thing - 2 episodes per disc.  And I bought 'em.  Of course now you can by entire seasons for cheap.  But I do still have them.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I have the entire Babylon 5 series on DVD, but I was smart and got them as presents over several years.

Normally I do not post much here but I had to chime in- I am a huge Star Trek fan- have all the original episodes on VHS that were my late aunt's- as she was the one who introduced me to Star Trek more.  I like Star Trek because it gave me a bit of a hope for the future during a tough time of my life called junior high and high school in the early 90s.   Over the decades I've amassed a collection of Star Trek books, both novels, and books about the series and how things were made as well as technical manuals.  

I also have blueprints of the Enterprise-D- and sitting atop my beverage fridge is the USS Enterprise-B- and in my bedroom I have my posters and on the shelves my books, my figures and replica ships as well as various toys I amassed in the early 90s when Playmates issued Star Trek play sets and figures.  

As for Star Wars... I love the original three movie trilogy- I just could not get into the newer ones and have yet to see the newer ones after the prequel movies have come out.  I have still my original three Star Wars DVDs and VHS tapes- saved the VHS ones because I like the collector edition box set.  I never understood why I was not as into Star Wars as I am into Star Trek- and I think one reason is because I also have had an interest in space exploration a bit more than fantasy- who knows... I have a lot of love for both franchises and fond memories.  

Star Trek is something I enjoy to this very day- I love to see all the shows- and have followed Discovery and Picard with interest via the internet as I do not have CBS All Access- yet- Star Trek was a big outlet for me when I was in high school in the early 90s and as was and still- baseball- that is another story- but Star Trek is always going to be one of my big obsessions in life.  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BabyChris121675 said:

I also have blueprints of the Enterprise-D- and sitting atop my beverage fridge is the USS Enterprise-B- and in my bedroom I have my posters and on the shelves my books, my figures and replica ships as well as various toys I amassed in the early 90s when Playmates issued Star Trek play sets and figures. 

I too have a massive collection of those playmates toys -- so much it fills more than half of a wide closet floor to ceiling.

• Like 1

I was starting at this brochure just a little while ago since it's been just sitting here on my desk.  Who do you know that has official USS Enterprise place settings?

Pfaltzgraff is located in York PA and I lived not too far away.  I got this stuff as a Christmas gift from my dad.  They produced the props used in the movie, both for the Enterprise Captain's Mess and also Sulu's tea set for USS Excelsior.  

The DS9 place setting is bone china.  Everything else is stoneware (aka cheap).  They did make a limited release of the ST:VI place settings in bone china, but by the time I ever heard about it, they were sold out (and I couldn't really afford it on a college student budget either).  Most of these items are all still factory sealed.  The DS9 sets aren't glued shut so could actually open that one up without destruction.  The ST:VI dinner sets are also slightly damaged boxes, but they're also stoneware, so not really that expensive at the time.  And I have a bunch of the plates that were "seconds". 

And you don't ever see Millennium Falcon dinner ware now.... do ya?  ?

pfaltzgraff-brochure.jpg

st-cookie-jar.jpg

st6-dinner-set.jpg

ds9-dinner-set.jpg

ds9-plate.jpg

ds9-saucer.jpg

st6-plate.jpg

st6-scene.png

6 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I was starting at this brochure just a little while ago since it's been just sitting here on my desk.  Who do you know that has official USS Enterprise place settings?

Pfaltzgraff is located in York PA and I lived not too far away.  I got this stuff as a Christmas gift from my dad.  They produced the props used in the movie, both for the Enterprise Captain's Mess and also Sulu's tea set for USS Excelsior.  

The DS9 place setting is bone china.  Everything else is stoneware (aka cheap).  They did make a limited release of the ST:VI place settings in bone china, but by the time I ever heard about it, they were sold out (and I couldn't really afford it on a college student budget either).  Most of these items are all still factory sealed.  The DS9 sets aren't glued shut so could actually open that one up without destruction.  The ST:VI dinner sets are also slightly damaged boxes, but they're also stoneware, so not really that expensive at the time.  And I have a bunch of the plates that were "seconds". 

And you don't ever see Millennium Falcon dinner ware now.... do ya?  ?

pfaltzgraff-brochure.jpg

st-cookie-jar.jpg

st6-dinner-set.jpg

ds9-dinner-set.jpg

ds9-plate.jpg

ds9-saucer.jpg

st6-plate.jpg

st6-scene.png

WHAT!!??? Are you kidding me?? Actual Star Trek.... DISHES??? And dinner ware sets???? I am beyond stunned!!? That has to be some of the coolest stuff I have seen!! You are to be commended sir.... VERY awesome collection!!! ??????

3 hours ago, square_duck said:

WHAT!!??? Are you kidding me?? Actual Star Trek.... DISHES??? And dinner ware sets???? I am beyond stunned!!? That has to be some of the coolest stuff I have seen!! You are to be commended sir.... VERY awesome collection!!! ??????

Agreed!

Crinklz, Nice collection there.

As for me, I admittedly like both. The first Sci-Fi movie I saw was Star Wars (At a Drive-In, I was 4 or 5 at the time), But I also watched Star Trek with my dad, it was one of the few things he would let me stay up late to watch with him. I have been a fan of both ever since. Now as for likes/dislikes among both series.... Star Trek V (It was stupid, even Roddenberry thought so and is NOT considered part of the series), as for a favorites... Oh, tough one there. I'd say DS9 (I loved watching the Defiant kick butt) and Voyager.. I agree that Enterprise was stupid though, But I do suggest watching Picard. Then there's the movies.... I liked most of them.

Star Wars (Episodes 7, 8 and 9, they're not "Bad", but they just aren't great either).... and don't hate me, but I liked the Star Wars prequels... yes.. Even Jar Jar *Ducks*, C'mon, He was funny and admit it, the fight scenes in the prequels were better, they looked like a bunch of amateur swordsmen in the original trilogy. As such I really only like 3-4-5, and 1-2-3. Don't knock on the work Disney is doing either, The Mandalorian was well done and I am looking forward to the other stuff they are working on.

......and for you gamers out there who are fans of the franchises, I suggest Star Trek Online, made by Cryptic. Its not the best made game as away team stuff is "Ok" but the game shines with ship-to-ship battles. The other I would suggest is Star Wars the Old Republic made by Bio Ware, Great Stories, Graphic are pretty good, Ground based content is well done, Just don't get your hopes up for space battles, they dropped the ball there but that is easily remedied by Playing Star Wars Squadrons.

I will always be a star wars fan I can remember going to see empire strikes back at the pictures  from that moment  I was hocked . Saying that I did enjoy next generations with the exception of queen he was a annoying  character  .

With regards the new starwars films rogue one  is the best film so far  and I can see that being beaten yet .as for star trek why did the have to do a reboot why not just carry on from  

Debs 

I will try and keep it short.  Star wars always wins in my book pre Disney. Never understood the hate between the two though, cause I love star trek too?.  Oh oh DS9 best series btw.