LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Am I totally crazy

Hi I have been thinking a lot lately about a career change and at the ripe old age of 44 I am thinking that going back to school and retraining might just be a bit of a crazy idea.

• Like 1

I've often wondered if I should do the same thing.  The problem I have is I have a number of financial obligations that aren't easy to eliminate right now.  With my mortgage and car payment looming over my head each month I can't just up and quit my current job to go back to school.  Night school might be an option but I'm not 100 percent sure what I would take in order to start a new career path.

• Like 1

I don’t think you’re to old, by no means. Don’t let some assigned number scare you away from doing something. You may have other factors to consider, but don’t worry about the age thing! I don’t want to say, it would be a cakewalk, but if you can set a good goal, there shouldn’t be anything to stop you. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Newbee said:

Hi I have been thinking a lot lately about a career change and at the ripe old age of 44 I am thinking that going back to school and retraining might just be a bit of a crazy idea.

@Newbee

No maam, NOT Crazy in the least......

One thing that is certain, and that i agree with is what @Evelyn Dellcerro says:

"You are NEVER to old to set a NEW GOAL, or Dream a New Dream

You are Granted ONE LIFE on this Planet.........LIVE IT!"

This is GREAT advice:  We dream of things all our lives, and sometimes, change is necessary, or you feel you want a different challenge..........some dreams are just dreams, while others, require certain things to happen before the opportunity presents itself.  I remember that My Mom once told me that, because i didn't or couldn't get a job, that I had wasted 4 years of education at college level.  NEVER have I EVER been so mad - I had to prove to every person who worked with me that I could do everything, and I had to learn things the harder way, because of my disability, and my limitations:  I did the public school gig, went to Elementary School, High School, and decided that college would give me the chance to try to be "on par" with others.  I GOT that Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree, and I went for it ALL, and went for my Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree.  I have a friend who is disabled, and he has his PhD. -  NEVER take for granted what can happen - because you CAN do it. Right @amorfraldaJR?  GO GIT IT!

I had to work EXTRA hard to make the same progress as my peers, but I made the cut, and EARNED the respect of my peers, and my friends, and I am like the 4th person in my family to go to, and COMPLETE college successfully.  There is NO ONE who is gonna take my achievements away - My mom means well, but she is NOT the one who wanted to do something so bad, that it consumed her.  I WANTED it, and I was willing to put everything on the line, give 110% of myself, and make sure that NO one was gonna erase the marks I put on the wall - They always wanted to make sure that I could do what I needed, but I don't think anyone ever thought that I would be able to complete Mainstream Public Schooling, and then do 4 years of College.  When I got My A.S., I CRIED HARD, because I had DONE what most anyone ELSE would have thought was impossible:  My disability may be a part of who I am, but I TRY to not LET it get me down - It was like flipping the BIRD to the ones who thought I would be a guy that would be in a facility being watched like a hawk - I am NOT that guy, and I proved that I could succeed.

If I can do it, YOU can do it - It may take a while to get to the point that you can make the change, but hell, 44 is NOT "old" and you can do it - Age is just a number, and remember, if you are NOT happy, you will run yourself down, and work won't be fun for you anymore:  when it becomes "not fun" for you, you should make the change.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

to clarify I will not be quitting my current job I will have to go back to school but I can do the course online so that’s what I will be doing. I will only quit my current job when a get a new one. I can’t afford to quit unless I have a job to go to. 

I have looked into the course but now I am unable to enrol until next semester which starts in July and it only goes for 6 months.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Newbee

One thing that is certain, and that i agree with is what @Evelyn Dellcerro says:

This is GREAT advice:  We dream of things all our lives, and sometimes, change is necessary, or you feel you want a different challenge..........some dreams are just dreams, while others, require certain things to happen before the opportunity presents itself.  I remember that My Mom once told me that, because i didn't or couldn't get a job, that I had wasted 4 years of education at college level.  NEVER have I EVER been so mad - I had to prove to every person who worked with me that I could do everything, and I had to learn things the harder way, because of my disability, and my limitations:  I did the public school gig, went to Elementary School, High School, and decided that college would give me the chance to try to be "on par" with others.  I GOT that Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree, and I went for it ALL, and went for my Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree.  I have a friend who is disabled, and he has his PhD. -  NEVER take for granted what can happen - because you CAN do it. Right @amorfraldaJR?  GO GIT IT!

I had to work EXTRA hard to make the same progress as my peers, but I made the cut, and EARNED the respect of my peers, and my friends, and I am like the 4th person in my family to go to, and COMPLETE college successfully.  There is NO ONE who is gonna take my achievements away - My mom means well, but she is NOT the one who wanted to do something so bad, that it consumed her.  I WANTED it, and I was willing to put everything on the line, give 110% of myself, and make sure that NO one was gonna erase the marks I put on the wall - They always wanted to make sure that I could do what I needed, but I don't think anyone ever thought that I would be able to complete Mainstream Public Schooling, and then do 4 years of College.  When I got My A.S., I CRIED HARD, because I had DONE what most anyone ELSE would have thought was impossible:  My disability may be a part of who I am, but I TRY to not LET it get me down - It was like flipping the BIRD to the ones who thought I would be a guy that would be in a facility being watched like a hawk - I am NOT that guy, and I proved that I could succeed.

If I can do it, YOU can do it - It may take a while to get to the point that you can make the change, but hell, 44 is NOT "old" and you can do it - Age is just a number, and remember, if you are NOT happy, you will run yourself down, and work won't be fun for you anymore:  when it becomes "not fun" for you, you should make the change.

Good Luck!

Brian

Life is too short to not enjoy what you do. If you love what you do for a living, it is not a job, it is something you look forward to

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Newbee

Good Luck!

Brian

A physical disability does not impair your mental capacity Brian, and you my friend are a very intelligent man and a good friend and a great inspiration to many lives here. Love ya bro !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought about this a number of times, but not so much recently.  Why is that?    My previous job sucked big time.  What am I doing now... pretty much the exact same thing - just somewhere else.  That prior environment was so toxic it had me thinking of getting out of the industry entirely.

Here's hoping you succeed!