LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

empty space in diaper

I have Prevail Breezer size 2 diapers and the waist size is correct, but I seem to have a fair of room or empty space where it counts.  I guess I could either wear underwear, plastic pants or a booster, but what do you do to fill the space?  Should I worry about it? 

If the empty space is in the back at your bottom, it is a properly designed diaper and has a gap area in the back that is designed specifically to give your poop an area to be dropped into and contained. If there was no gap area in the back, when you poop, you would have a good chance of the poop leaking out of the diaper.

I recommend a Onesie to keep your Diaper snug, if the space is bothering you.

The onesie also keeps you calm because you don't have to worry about your diaper peeking out of your pants,

(so you don't have to constantly keep pulling your shirt down.)

Perhaps the diaper is too long for you.

Imagine a pair of pants that fits right at the waist, but the crotch is too low. That distance from the top of the waistband in front to the top of the waistband in back is called the rise.

Is that what you’re referring to, it’s sagging low between your thighs?

If so, you may try a smaller size or a different brand.

If you’re between sizes, a pair of fixing pants keeps things snug. I like Abena Cotton Fixing Pants. They can’t be found in the US, but you can order them from Canadian medical suppliers. I wear them every day.

The Prevail Breezer 360 is my go-to diaper for running and going to the gym, back when one could go to the gym. They're a good product at a great price, and pretty reliable for a cloth-backed diaper. The tabs in particular are excellent, reminding me of Pampers - they hold well and can be moved several times with no issues. There is a big size gap between the medium and the large, and these diapers can stretch A LOT, so if you find that the size you're in seems a bit big on you, test-drive one size down, and see how they feel. I bought them in both medium and large, but settled on medium as my preferred size. 

Excellent replies and advice already given. All I can add is bodies are shaped different, and diapers can be cut different- even different types of the same brand. If switching sizes, wearing plastic pants or onesies, etc doesn't work, I'd recommend trying different diapers until you find one that fits your body comfortable.  For me, Northshore FlexSupreme pull-ups are too narrow in the crotch (not enough coverage) and leak easily- I need to change them after one wetting because of how they fit my body. While the Northshore Go Supreme fits me like a glove and can hold several wettings before needing changed. 

• Like 1

I often find Prevail disposable diapers at Goodwill and when I read the package, it gives their attributes.  One of them is a "Fecal Containment" area in the seat of the diaper, which I have labeled a "Poop Pouch".  These diapers are designed with an extra pocket in the seat of the diaper to hold a bowel movement.  Not sure if this is the "room" or "empty space where it counts" that you speak of, but look at your package since it is Prevail and see if it speaks of a "fecal containment" area in the back of the diaper.  

Thanks for the all replies.  I'm actually referring to the front of the diaper that has extra empty space.  Which I prefer to a certain extent for obvious reasons.  

Yes, Prevail are pretty nice, I just find it odd to have 4" of velcro, so I cut an inch or so off. 

I imagine one size larger underwear is best.  I do have some female sweat shorts that I wear sometimes just to hold up Prevail as I find they start to work there way down with all my body hair.  I imagine underwear will be tighter and better in the front besides holding it up.