LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Great Flood

Stroller

From the bottom of the steps down from our back door the water stretches for half a mile.  Our whole valley's flooded, and water's got into my next door neighbour's porch and is starting to get into our garage.  We've moved a few things out of the garage, or up off the floor - electrical stuff, our big tent for instance - and there's not much else we can do until the water drops.  Luckily I had the sense to move the cars to higher ground last night.  The road's not flooded, so we can get out if we want to, but with lockdown there's nowhere to go anyway.

Just looking out for four horsemen and a load of saints marching in now...

We are actually due for a event like that. The flooding in the valley and everything. It happens for us every 200 years. Sometimes its called a ArkStorm.

Our rain comes in at random and sometimes it dosnt so all rain totals are much appreciated.

8 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

I don't think even an entire warehouse of diapers could contain all that!

I took Binky out for a walk along the river yesterday.  The water had gone down, but it was still high.  Mostly the path was above water, but very muddy, and some bits were still underwater.  Most of the flooded bits were pretty shallow, but one stretch was a lot deeper.  Binky had to swim, and I tried my best to keep my nappy out of the water but just failed.  It was just too deep & my crotch dipped into the water briefly.  I waddled home a bit heavier for a change, and Binky was so filthy we had to bath him.  You're right though - I don't think I managed to make much difference to the flood level.

This morning the river's almost back down to its normal level, although there's still plenty of standing water in the fields.  And now it's snowing heavily...

18 hours ago, Stroller said:

I took Binky out for a walk along the river yesterday.  The water had gone down, but it was still high.  Mostly the path was above water, but very muddy, and some bits were still underwater.  Most of the flooded bits were pretty shallow, but one stretch was a lot deeper.  Binky had to swim, and I tried my best to keep my nappy out of the water but just failed.  It was just too deep & my crotch dipped into the water briefly.  I waddled home a bit heavier for a change, and Binky was so filthy we had to bath him.  You're right though - I don't think I managed to make much difference to the flood level.

This morning the river's almost back down to its normal level, although there's still plenty of standing water in the fields.  And now it's snowing heavily...

Your diaper did its civic duty. At least it wasn't a doodie. ? (I couldn't resist, I'm a sucker for cheesy puns. ? )

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Stroller said:

I am happy not to be in the UK at the moment. I have spoken with friends there and it is miserable, cold and wet, nappies and all! Wife suffers from the cold so we leave every winter. Happy thought that our UK house is on a hill!!! Hope you keep dry Stroller and an extra pair of plastic pants will keep the water in as well as out!

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you seem to have scraped by.  Here in Brisbane, we occasionally have major flooding but it's usually in the late summer and related to a tropical monsoon.  Like Cheshire, it happens but at least it's during warm weather...

I know what floods can do to people's houses and lives. In 2011, Brisbane had a major monsoonal flood event (you can google it) and although my house was not flooded, I was cut off from everywhere with no power and no phone for 3 days.  To make matters worse, I had a teenage daughter who held me responsible for the entire event and especially, the loss of internet.  On the upside, I had a water view from my property.

I used my pressure washer to help clean out local friends flooded houses.  I will never forget that smell.

• Thanks 1