LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Journey of 24/7 and Incontinence

2 hours ago, oznl said:

Well, it's true that I've developed bedwetting (albeit still unreliable although common enough to make night nappies mandatory) it took a lot longer than that "12 month" thing suggested.

You can also take some solace in that I still regard myself as quite continent during the day so that's a bit of a fail for me ?  All I really have is urgency and frequency to the point where nappies are more practical.  Instances of "accidentally" wetting myself during the day remain vanishingly small (but they are non-zero which beats the last 4 decades I guess).

The other thing I've learned about bedwetting is it's a bit like Douglas Adam's fictional character Arthur Dent when discussing learning to fly: "There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss".

The more you plan to wet the bed.  The less likely it is to happen.  We need to learn to wet the bed without actually meaning to.  It is a thing, like mildew and mushrooms, that grows in the dark for you to discover in the morning.

Addressing your points individually...

Didn't it take you around 18 months to night wet? I've been following your journey but my memory escapes me...

Interesting that you still continue to report that you're continent during the day. Your experience sort of changes the perception of the 12 month program some, and honestly so far my experience measures up to yours. I'm not sure if we can ever truly gain day time incontinence, but hot damn, if I could only gain the drip and dribble that you do. I still continually flood and that is because I don't get the signals that I need to pee until I'm fairly full. Rarely, although it *does* happen, I void in small volumes, but I'm more of a regular flooder than anything else. And ironically, it was only after I started untraining that this happened. I've read of others experiencing the same thing (more retention; less automatic small voids). I'm still not sure how to combat this. Again, my degrees are variable and I, honestly, have no comparable baseline. And I'm a numbers and math guy like you, so that should say something.

Okay I have to think about this. My knee jerk reaction is that I don't "plan" to wet the bed. I'm trying to take it as it comes, but I am still actively untraining and the thought can't be helped. Also, again, the biggest fear is leaks which has inhibited me more than I'd like to admit (which is why I bought those terry lined pants a few hours ago). If I can just get over that worry and fear that I'll leak at night I think I can start to make some more real progress. We'll see.

15 hours ago, jonbearab said:

Didn't it take you around 18 months to night wet? I've been following your journey but my memory escapes me...

Without going back to my notes, I seem to recall experiencing an isolated "go to bed dry, woke up wet" (after WAAAY too much alcohol) after several months on 24/7.  There'd been previous "did I or didn't I?" incidents but like many new to 24/7, I think I was looking through my rose-tinted glasses.  I'm calling it several months for a solid clue.

At around 18 months, I had the opportunity of road-testing myself at night without a nappy.  The first night was simply sleepless with countless trips to the toilet.  The second night (with a helping of red wine), I simply woke up in a wet bed.  So you're probably on the money for a "gold standard" bedwetting event.

Bedwetting remained rare and hard to spot.  Gradually over time it became less rare and easier to see but it's still not an "every night" proposition.  Annoyingly, I had a "dry" night last night.  I woke up and had to use my nappy (which was still dry after being put on at 11pm) at around 3am.  I think I was dehydrated and so "lasted" until lighter phases of sleep emerged.  I believe that my bedwetting occurs either in deep sleep phase (the dreamless wake-up-wet experience) or sometimes, REM sleep (pee dreams).

16 hours ago, jonbearab said:

Interesting that you still continue to report that you're continent during the day. Your experience sort of changes the perception of the 12 month program some, and honestly so far my experience measures up to yours. I'm not sure if we can ever truly gain day time incontinence, but hot damn, if I could only gain the drip and dribble that you do. I still continually flood and that is because I don't get the signals that I need to pee until I'm fairly full.

I regard myself as fairly "continent" as for the most part, peeing occurs voluntarily during the day.  I can (and very rarely do) choose to come OUT of nappies for brief periods of time: maybe an hour or two).  There is marked physiological abnormality in my peeing cadence (high frequency, low volume, low flow, inability to pause flow and swift urgency resulting in "accidents" if I don't pee very regularly) that make nappies more practical now.  Others, ( @Enthusi being a notable example) point out, possibly correctly, that from an external viewpoint, not being able to deal with long car trips or being away from a toilet for more than 90 minutes does not align with "continence" at all? ).

There has been the very odd "thoughtless" wetting event where I've felt myself getting wet and couldn't recall deciding to do that but they remain rare.

As for the high frequency/low volume cadence?  I believe this was a "fake it until you make it" scenario.  In the early days, I'd stop and pee a little every time I thought about it (which was, if I was free of interruptions, quite a lot).  Swiftly, my bladder got quite used to that.

16 hours ago, jonbearab said:

Okay I have to think about this. My knee jerk reaction is that I don't "plan" to wet the bed. I'm trying to take it as it comes, but I am still actively untraining and the thought can't be helped. Also, again, the biggest fear is leaks which has inhibited me more than I'd like to admit (which is why I bought those terry lined pants a few hours ago). If I can just get over that worry and fear that I'll leak at night I think I can start to make some more real progress. We'll see.

My suggestion, which is based on nothing more than personal experience and a lot of time wasted, would be to "unthink" about this.  By all means, use that terry-lined insurance policy to de-risk peeing in bed but THEN, starting peeing in bed every night and plan to do so indefinitely without any specific objective.  Expect nothing to happen for months, until it does.

My other self-taught tip is to go to sleep slightly wet already.  In the early days, this was a huge potentiator for subsequent wetting events.  Make a point of emptying whatever is in your bladder when EVER you stir during the night.  Don't wait until you "need" to and never, never, never defer wetting at night because you "want to do it in your sleep".  For me, that has the complete opposite effect.  If you wake up dry, just "fix" that and fall back asleep.

Expect the first bedwetting episodes to be blurred and ambiguous: the "Did I or didn't I?" scenario.

It's a long road and I'm still on it but at night, I'm thoroughly untrustworthy for keeping a bed dry now.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:18 PM, oznl said:

Without going back to my notes, I seem to recall experiencing an isolated "go to bed dry, woke up wet" (after WAAAY too much alcohol) after several months on 24/7.  There'd been previous "did I or didn't I?" incidents but like many new to 24/7, I think I was looking through my rose-tinted glasses.  I'm calling it several months for a solid clue.

At around 18 months, I had the opportunity of road-testing myself at night without a nappy.  The first night was simply sleepless with countless trips to the toilet.  The second night (with a helping of red wine), I simply woke up in a wet bed.  So you're probably on the money for a "gold standard" bedwetting event.

Bedwetting remained rare and hard to spot.  Gradually over time it became less rare and easier to see but it's still not an "every night" proposition.  Annoyingly, I had a "dry" night last night.  I woke up and had to use my nappy (which was still dry after being put on at 11pm) at around 3am.  I think I was dehydrated and so "lasted" until lighter phases of sleep emerged.  I believe that my bedwetting occurs either in deep sleep phase (the dreamless wake-up-wet experience) or sometimes, REM sleep (pee dreams).

I regard myself as fairly "continent" as for the most part, peeing occurs voluntarily during the day.  I can (and very rarely do) choose to come OUT of nappies for brief periods of time: maybe an hour or two).  There is marked physiological abnormality in my peeing cadence (high frequency, low volume, low flow, inability to pause flow and swift urgency resulting in "accidents" if I don't pee very regularly) that make nappies more practical now.  Others, ( @Enthusi being a notable example) point out, possibly correctly, that from an external viewpoint, not being able to deal with long car trips or being away from a toilet for more than 90 minutes does not align with "continence" at all? ).

There has been the very odd "thoughtless" wetting event where I've felt myself getting wet and couldn't recall deciding to do that but they remain rare.

As for the high frequency/low volume cadence?  I believe this was a "fake it until you make it" scenario.  In the early days, I'd stop and pee a little every time I thought about it (which was, if I was free of interruptions, quite a lot).  Swiftly, my bladder got quite used to that.

My suggestion, which is based on nothing more than personal experience and a lot of time wasted, would be to "unthink" about this.  By all means, use that terry-lined insurance policy to de-risk peeing in bed but THEN, starting peeing in bed every night and plan to do so indefinitely without any specific objective.  Expect nothing to happen for months, until it does.

My other self-taught tip is to go to sleep slightly wet already.  In the early days, this was a huge potentiator for subsequent wetting events.  Make a point of emptying whatever is in your bladder when EVER you stir during the night.  Don't wait until you "need" to and never, never, never defer wetting at night because you "want to do it in your sleep".  For me, that has the complete opposite effect.  If you wake up dry, just "fix" that and fall back asleep.

Expect the first bedwetting episodes to be blurred and ambiguous: the "Did I or didn't I?" scenario.

It's a long road and I'm still on it but at night, I'm thoroughly untrustworthy for keeping a bed dry now.

Interestingly, I had a major bedwetting accident a couple nights ago. It's the most I've wet the bed in a loooong time. And I actually did wet the bed, through my disposable. I must have been hella tired and the booze the night before probably helped.

I may need to start concentrating to release more so I can do so in lower volumes. The main issue I have is I don't seem to get any signals until my bladder is relatively full. Maybe it's a concentration thing (I do have ADHD and am often distracted, which contributed to fecal incontinence as a kid).

I also go to bed wet most nights. Going to bed wet doesn't seem to contribute to any night wetting, although I get the idea behind why you'd want to go to bed wet. Not sure if this helps in my case yet or not.

Terry lined plastic pants should be here on Wednesday, February 1. Can't wait to try them out.

Edit (addendum): Also wanted to say, I have noticed an increase in the ability to consciously wet in bed, especially on my stomach or back. Rolled over this morning and just wet my diaper as if nothing happened. This is good progress for me.

Edited by jonbearab
Added more text

As I said somewhere else in this blog of Incontinence, I never wanted to be 24/7. I do not know if it was old age or getting blown up or something happened to my body from COVID. Or a combination of all the above. I have read where some people say they were Incontinent having COVID, but the medical people all say it was temporary? My question is, was it? How many people want to admit they PEE their pants, panties? Me the only reason I admit it is because I somewhat liking of diaper. Did I want to wear 24/7 for life NO! Do I want wear 24/7 No but I do not have a choice I either wear or stick a catheter up there! When I was in the hospital, they did just that after they removed it, I had pee pads under me, but I guess the nurse got tired of changing this out as I was not allowed out of my bed. She asked If I wanted a Diaper I said yes. After I came home it just got worse. While I was in the hospital, they knew I had become incontinent, but they were not worried, and my GP does not seem concerned. Oh, I do not poop in my diaper I use the toilet yes in is a pain but to clean after pooping myself is worse so NO only wet my diapers. Thanks for letting say my say.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Hey @jonbearabI am on my second week of 24/7! Things are doing okay atleast today, yesterday was not that good cause my mom found out I wore diapers. I don't care what she says about it anymore. I can't stop now because since then all I can think about is diapers if I get out of the shower. Ever since I threw my undies away I wanted to see if my brain would get used to it. and so far it has worked! Really proud of how far I am. Can't wait to see what happens next month.

• Like 1

Any updates, JonBear?

In regard to bedwetting (nocturnal eneuresis), my body has generally stubbornly refused to get with the program, like you, JonBear.  I am able to release in any position, whilst lying in bed (on my back, on my side, on my stomach etc), and pretty much every morning, when I wake up I immediately wet (with it typically being a bit of a flood).  There are also times during some nights where I will wake up to wet, and then go back to sleep.

However, lately, I've been subject to waking up at night out of a deep slumber to immediately notice a wetting already in progress.  I suspect that it's not the act of wetting, or the urge to wet, that's waking me up, but the sensations of ants moving around down there across my skin, as the pee drops move around (especially if I'm lying on my side and pee drops go across and up my butt crack).  I'm often waking into a twilight state, recognising that it's in mid-stream and going "oh wow, this is crazy", but otherwise feeling I'm still asleep.  But then something unexpected happens (like a droplet moves across my lower back, or I "fear" I'm about to leak (but never have...)) and I wake up fully.  

Is this the pre-cursor to more unconscious sleep wetting?  

I do note that I've not had a childhood history of sleep wetting, so my body has no prior experience with this.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @ozziebee and @Diaper Duck, sadly, no, not much progress. I've been stuck in the same rut now for quite some time. Some small noticeable changes have been that when I know I'm adequately protected (as in, confident, but it's never 100%) I can find myself slightly waking up to pee my diaper when in bed.

Outside of that, not much has changed. Sorry I don't have much more of an update. Either what I'm doing isn't working or I'm not doing something right. Although I still wear every day, I do find myself taking more breaks here and there. It's nice to air out once in a while.

Keep it up you two!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Okay so time for an update. Sorry for the delay in updates. Those of you who have been untraining a while will know what I mean when this shit takes time. I've been untraining since Nov 14, 2020 making my journey going on about 31 months now. I'm too lazy to do the math, but that's a bit over 2.5 years. And in that time I've experienced the following:

• Bladder tenderness
  • Mild bladder spasms
  • Post void dribble
  • Decreased ranged for both #1 and #2 (the latter probably has to do with me using larger and larger plugs, but I've had IBS-like symptoms for quite some time now anyway)
  • Dull aches in my bladder
  • Low pressure and slow urine flow from my bladder
  • and probably more...

But I specifically wanted to make this update as I think I'm progressing in sleep wetting!

On more than one occasion I'll wake up the next morning and realize my diaper is not only soaked, but I've leaked a lot onto my bed. As I am training to sleep wet, this is good news, except I can't keep leaking onto my bed as it's not properly protected most times. The water proof cover over my mattress that I used to have used to work but it doesn't anymore probably due to age, so I had to throw that out and now I've been "playing with fire" so to speak and I've been burnt a few times.

If you've been following some of my posts, you no doubt have read that I've been complaining about leaking in bed at night because I am primarily a stomach sleeper. And we all know that disposables suck at keeping a flood at bay on your stomach. I've tried cloth diapers and I get the same leaky results, so I've been experimenting with a new design. Per @oznl's suggestion, I obtained two pairs of terry lined plastic pants, but they still weren't enough even with an "adequate" diaper. But I've upped my gain a fair bit.

But first let me tell you how I think I am progressing in sleep wetting. A few weeks ago, I woke up one morning in the middle of a flood in bed and as I woke up I just kept going and going, sometimes even pushing to ease the painful bladder I've acquired over the night. I thought, "well, I'm diapered, so let's see if this diaper can take a sleep wetting," and just kept going. After about 20 seconds or so I thought, "well that's strange, I am not getting any pee up the front of my diaper, I wonder what's going on." So I got up off my stomach and kneeled onto my bed to find out that I just flat out flooded in my shorts and on my mattress. I literally forgot that I didn't wear a diaper that night, as rare as it is. Sometimes I just like to "air out", if you know what I mean.

I was so used to being diapered I literally thought I was even though I wasn't. This also reminds me of the time that I was probably sort of maybe a wee bit drunk and again, while "airing out" and not having my diaper on, I just wet myself in my office chair and it took me about 10 seconds to realize I shouldn't be feeling a pool of pee on my legs like I had been. That's indication #2. (Or #0, since that happened before my sleep wetting incident.)

So for those of you who are untraining and wearing 24/7, I can assure you that at some point your body and mind will be so used to wearing diapers that you will invariably wet at some point without a diaper on and not even realize it until it's too late.

After these two incidents (and after the sleep wetting full on on my mattress) it became clear to me that I probably shouldn't go to bed without a diaper on anymore. I can chance it most nights but at some point I'm going to need to wee and I'm just going to go without thinking about it (cuz that's what I've been doing for 2.5 years anyway, right?), so you can see where this is going.

Oh, and alcohol helps too. But I digress.

Anyway, I've been experimenting on ways I can sleep on my stomach and not leak, as in 100% protection, and I think I'm honing in on the right sweet spot. Since Dry 24/7 is no longer being made (/sad face/, they were my daily diaper) I switched to BetterDry/Crinklz. I have to say the BetterDry/Crinklz are pretty good at absorbing in the front, but still not quite enough. So I started to use a baby diaper as a stuffer. I still leaked with one stuffer. Then about a week ago I got the bright idea to try TWO stuffers. And the great thing about baby diapers is that they REALLY POOF UP and absorb a lot before leaking unlike most adult diapers. Anyway, two stuffers worked quite well but can have the slight leak consequence if not done right. Enter @oznl's idea about terry lined plastic pants. So with that combination, I have been 100% leak free for about a week even with full on (full bladder) floods. And to top it off, I use a small pink chastity cage to keep my penis pointed in the right direction because when flacid it can point any which way other than "down" into the diaper, which surprisingly has helped.

This is my current sleep wetting setup with 100% success so far:

• Small chastity cage
  • Two baby diaper stuffers
  • BetteryDry/Crinklz diaper
  • Plastic pants over the BetterDry/Crinklz
  • Terry-lined plastic pants
  • (and because I made the mistake of putting my terry-lined pants in the dryer, there are a few holes, so...)
    • another larger PUL plastic panty over those

It's taken me a surprisingly long time to figure this out. It's a lot of work, but it's what I have to do to remain leak free. My poor mattress is already stained enough, I don't need anymore wet mattresses. On top of that I've started using a combination of two chux pads on top of my mattress in case I do leak. For reference, here's how I position the baby diaper stuffers:

two baby diaper stuffers.jpg

The baby diapers above are Pampers size 6 pull-ups. I cut the sides off, made cuts into the leg gathers so the stuffers can lay flat, and then I took a knife and slit holes down the middle and sides of the backing so the padding beneath can soak up any urine that passes through. At the end of the morning when I go to change, my diaper looks incredibly massive, like I've got 3 adult diapers on at once.

All this is to say, I've had some increasing post void dribbles and even a few spots on the floor when changing and my sleep wetting is progressing. I suppose I could be a full fledged sleep wetter within maybe 6 months if I keep at it, and at that point I'm hoping my daytime control will accelerate into degradation. Also my range for #1 and #2 are decreasing and if not diapered I need to stay by a toilet for #2, especially in the morning until I'm completely empty.

Also, I'll say it again, if you don't think you're making progress in your untraining, think again. If nothing else, you're really conditioning your mind to believing that you're in diapers 100% of the time. The first time you make the mistake of wetting your pants or your bed when not diapered, even though you "could have prevented it" will cement this idea even further. Stay diapered 100%, continue to train, and the changes will SLOWLY come, but they will come.

I am still not technically incontinent, but I'm starting to get to the point where I am not sure I can trust myself to not be diapered lest I forget that I'm not and just go. If that's not technically diaper dependence, I'm not sure what is. I think I can still "retrain" if I wanted, but I've come this far and have no intention on doing such a silly thing. This may take another 2.5 years to fully realize, but I think I'm on my way. I can appreciate now how it took @Enthusi around 5 years to untrain.

If you can untrain in 12 months, you're a special case. The rest of us will have to go 5 to 10 years before we get to where we want to be (and even then, we may still have a ways to go). The process works, albeit slowly. Too slowly. This race is a marathon, for sure.

(And yes, for anyone confused as to who this "Hannah" is, I am formerly known as @jonbearab and recently changed my profile. I am a genderfluid individual and doing more to get into my girl side and this is one way to do that.)

Stay padded everyone. See you in the next update!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations on your progress!

For me personally, I believe that knowing that my bed was well protected was a foundational belief for my earlier bedwetting incidents to occur.

Over time, that seemed to recede to the point where I know (through controlled experimentation) that skipping a night nappy may well result in an unintentional wet bed (so I never skip night nappies).  I can recall at least one wet-bed incident during early experiments that aligned with your forgetfulness theory.  I woke up peeing in my pyjamas with some part of my brain reassured I was wearing a nappy (I was not).  The thing that woke me was that the wetting sensation was all wrong (much wetter than usual and in funny places - mainly my bum and thighs).

There are now quite a few of us who, through assiduous documentation of their journey are recounting experiences similar to yours, in particular:

1. Progress takes a LOT longer than 12 months

2. Bedwetting appears first, not last

If your experience continues to resemble mine, you may find that your flooding tendencies recede (no pun intended) as your pee cadence changes to high frequency/low pressure/low volume for both day and night.

Looking forward to the next update!

• Thanks 1
On 7/8/2023 at 7:07 PM, oznl said:

Congratulations on your progress!

For me personally, I believe that knowing that my bed was well protected was a foundational belief for my earlier bedwetting incidents to occur.

Over time, that seemed to recede to the point where I know (through controlled experimentation) that skipping a night nappy may well result in an unintentional wet bed (so I never skip night nappies).  I can recall at least one wet-bed incident during early experiments that aligned with your forgetfulness theory.  I woke up peeing in my pyjamas with some part of my brain reassured I was wearing a nappy (I was not).  The thing that woke me was that the wetting sensation was all wrong (much wetter than usual and in funny places - mainly my bum and thighs).

There are now quite a few of us who, through assiduous documentation of their journey are recounting experiences similar to yours, in particular:

1. Progress takes a LOT longer than 12 months

2. Bedwetting appears first, not last

If your experience continues to resemble mine, you may find that your flooding tendencies recede (no pun intended) as your pee cadence changes to high frequency/low pressure/low volume for both day and night.

Looking forward to the next update!

Thanks @oznl! It's been an awkward couple of years. The 12 month program easily set me up for expectations that failed in the short term. I didn't really think untraining would take longer than this, but I suppose each person is different. Even @Enthusi made it but it took 5 years.

Interesting point about bedwetting tending to appear first rather than last. I did read/hear more than once that bedwetting was to come last, but that doesn't seem to be our progress on the matter. And I'm ok with it. Bedwetting is validating insofar as the progress but I get frustrated when I ruin my mattress over and over. I'm lucky in that my wife is also ABDL (but not untraining) so she gives me a pass every time. I couldn't imagine what that would be like with a partner who barely tolerates my proclivities. You seem to have gotten lucky in that you've been able to save your mattress. That raises a question, how much preparation do you need to be 100% confident you won't leak at night? It seems for me I need layers upon layers upon layers and different types of protection. Granted I sleep on my stomach and you on your side, but I figure sleeping on my side would produce the same results I'm already seeing. I'm glad in the end that you're able to keep your bed try.

And I would love nothing more than to wet frequently in small amounts. I've been trying to get there for years and I don't think I'm making any progress on that front other than feeling like my bladder is always tired and needing to go, even after I've already went. I'll keep you all updated if that area progresses. Interestingly, I do seem to drip and dribble extremely small quantities of urine here and there without my knowledge so I suppose I'm making progress. We'll see. Hopefully I can make another groundbreaking update sooner than later.

Also good luck in your progress. I'm excited to see you going further even tho you're not "actively untraining" (are you sure about that? Like for real?). Cheers mate.

4 hours ago, Hannah YMS said:

You seem to have gotten lucky in that you've been able to save your mattress. That raises a question, how much preparation do you need to be 100% confident you won't leak at night? It seems for me I need layers upon layers upon layers and different types of protection. Granted I sleep on my stomach and you on your side, but I figure sleeping on my side would produce the same results I'm already seeing. I'm glad in the end that you're able to keep your bed try.

There's a water-proof sheet protecting the mattress in any case.  It's covered by a machine-washable cotton protector because nobody likes sleeping on plastic, especially in a warm climate such as mine.

I'm also helped by low-volume/low-flow voiding.  Leaks do happen (observe my blog update today 😒 ) but the Babykins terries catch them.  I never sleep on my stomach though, always back or sides...

And I would love nothing more than to wet frequently in small amounts. I've been trying to get there for years and I don't think I'm making any progress on that front other than feeling like my bladder is always tired and needing to go, even after I've already went.

It really is a slow-burn over time.  At night I was "advantaged" by being a terrible sleeper: waking every hour or two was very common so it was easy to leverage this disturbances as an opportunity to empty my bladder.   My bladder got VERY used to this luxury and last time I tried to go without a night nappy, night 1 was very, very interrupted and night 2 was just very wet.

Also good luck in your progress. I'm excited to see you going further even tho you're not "actively untraining" (are you sure about that? Like for real?). Cheers mate.

I think I've somewhat come out of the metaphysical closet on this one.  It's something that I clearly have some reservations about (to the point where I would deny having such an objective to myself and others) and yet I'm effectively doing it.  My reasons behind this are blurred and probably not rational though.  I think I've mentioned them in my blog a couple of times.

I think it's something to do with a sense of "resolution" or "closure"...

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Hannah! been keeping a eye on your progress, really happy for you and I wish to start again soon as it is stressful with my mom and my family. I'm on SSI and she manages it so its kinda hard to start wearing diapers. I did buy myself a cashapp card to be able to buy through diapers so she does not know what I buy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Diaper Duck, glad to see you stopping by! Good luck on starting on your progress soon. Hopefully you have a source of income other than SSI to help you buy good diapers, it can get expensive. A decent less expensive line of products that I find to work well enough are Abena M4/L4.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my progress. So far it's pretty slow. I think I'm having more steady progress on mental changes than physical ones. A big one is to find a way to completely trust your diaper. Once you can do that, it gets a lot easier. Something I still have to work on sometimes, hehe. Hope all is well, cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 10:25 PM, Hannah YMS said:

Hi @Diaper Duck, glad to see you stopping by! Good luck on starting on your progress soon. Hopefully you have a source of income other than SSI to help you buy good diapers, it can get expensive. A decent less expensive line of products that I find to work well enough are Abena M4/L4.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my progress. So far it's pretty slow. I think I'm having more steady progress on mental changes than physical ones. A big one is to find a way to completely trust your diaper. Once you can do that, it gets a lot easier. Something I still have to work on sometimes, hehe. Hope all is well, cheers!

I am not sure how much diapers I would get but I know I would need a big stock. Still learning what I will need each month as my bladder weakens each month. (Plan on starting real soon)

26 minutes ago, Diaper Duck said:

I am not sure how much diapers I would get but I know I would need a big stock. Still learning what I will need each month as my bladder weakens each month. (Plan on starting real soon)

@Diaper Duck I know that @~Brian~ has written a post about what is needed for 24/7 diaper wearing.

I may have finally figured out the best combination, for me, with night-wetting.

I have been using the Rearz Inspire+ Mega disposable with terry-lined plastic pants and other cloth diapers to actually prevent me from leaking while sleeping. It's not 100% (I've had a few leakes before...) but a dry Rearz Inspire+ Mega diaper with cloth diapers/terry-lined plastic pants have proven to be the best combination for me with night-wetting so far. And I speak as someone who sleeps on their stomach nearly 100% of the time.

I have since my last post put mattress protectors underneath my main sheet and have leaked a fair bit during the night, but so far the Inspire+ Mega disposable has been up to the task (when not already wet in the front). This has been a game-changer in terms of night-wetting. The more confident I am of my diaper with night-wetting the easier it is to wet when I sleep, even if most of my wettings have been where I am slightly awake.

I am beginning to think that one of the key progressors of night-wetting is when you're confident you're protected during the night, and this has been true so far with the Mega + cloth diapers/terry-lined plastic pants.

It's not 100% so far, but it's more like 99.2%. Good enough most of the time, but there are occasions where I'll leak onto my sheets regardless, especially when drinking alcohol. But still...

I could probably improve the situation with baby diaper stuffers and more and more stuffers, ad nauseum, but generally, a good Mega disposable + cloth combination of some sort has been pretty good. YMMV.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, Diaperman123 said:

Can you update?

What would you like me to update you with? Anything specific? I generally haven't noticed any changes since my last update... The untraining game is a long one.

10 hours ago, Diaperman123 said:

If there’s nothing to update then wait for something to happen I don’t want to waste your time 

I don't mind elaborating on any part of my journey, so no worries. I do typically wait until there's something I can elaborate on so as not to fluff up the thread with the same updates over and over. All good.

Inspired by @Diaperman123, I thought I'd post a fun update rather than a serious untraining update.

I've been using catheters off and on for many years but I haven't indulged very much in the last few years. Today I thought I'd take the plunge and give my bladder a two day break from its responsibilities so I put in a catheter a few hours ago. I'm not used to the random bladder spasms anymore but that will ease over the next 24 hours. I won't keep the catheter in too long so as to prevent the development of a UTI. During the next couple days I will be working on a stent design and hopefully it'll be ready to test when I take out this catheter.

But OMG, I forgot how great it felt not having to even worry about my control, let alone not having it. It just reinforces my feelings and convictions that I'm attempting to do what's right for me, whether or not I can achieve my goal. So for now I'm gonna take a bit of a break and have fun at guaranteed no control for the next 48 hours. See you on the other side!

• Like 7
On 8/24/2023 at 5:39 AM, Hannah YMS said:

I may have finally figured out the best combination, for me, with night-wetting.

I have been using the Rearz Inspire+ Mega disposable with terry-lined plastic pants and other cloth diapers to actually prevent me from leaking while sleeping. It's not 100% (I've had a few leakes before...) but a dry Rearz Inspire+ Mega diaper with cloth diapers/terry-lined plastic pants have proven to be the best combination for me with night-wetting so far. And I speak as someone who sleeps on their stomach nearly 100% of the time.

I have since my last post put mattress protectors underneath my main sheet and have leaked a fair bit during the night, but so far the Inspire+ Mega disposable has been up to the task (when not already wet in the front). This has been a game-changer in terms of night-wetting. The more confident I am of my diaper with night-wetting the easier it is to wet when I sleep, even if most of my wettings have been where I am slightly awake.

I am beginning to think that one of the key progressors of night-wetting is when you're confident you're protected during the night, and this has been true so far with the Mega + cloth diapers/terry-lined plastic pants.

It's not 100% so far, but it's more like 99.2%. Good enough most of the time, but there are occasions where I'll leak onto my sheets regardless, especially when drinking alcohol. But still...

I could probably improve the situation with baby diaper stuffers and more and more stuffers, ad nauseum, but generally, a good Mega disposable + cloth combination of some sort has been pretty good. YMMV.

Have you tried the rearz booster stuffer in really helps for me but I move from side to side I love Rearz protection