LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you Like Them APPLES??......I love them, and I am making a Jump :)

Hello Everyone:

This past week has been a week of firsts for me:  I have been advocating for a way that I can use to be able to continue my therapy - One way to do that was to get a PRONE stander - This device will allow me to stand up and put weight on my feet, and condition my body to allow me to stand up - Then, If I can continue this, then I will use my walker a little too - I may not be able to walk too much, but I WILL TRY to get to the point that I have confidence in my standing and walking, and as I get more stamina, I can then possibly use the crutches, but we will wait on that, to see how I do - Have to learn to STAND, then WALK, then RUN :)

I remember that @AwakenEvilposted a picture of his wife on a treadmill in a diaper - When I get a chance, I will post a similar picture, and I will probably do a 3 times a week regimen, because to do it more could tire myself out, and I have to be careful here.  I will post a picture of my stander here, so people can see MINE - This is the best thing that could have been done for me, and I am SO happy - I now have a way to the means, and soon, I will have my wheelchair repair parts, followed by my new wheels - This one is a 2014 KI Mobility Catalyst 5, in purple, and my new one will be a 2020 Ki Mobility Catalyst 5, in BLUE - and it will have the same tires (M15 Emotion Power assist wheels), wheelchair tie down brackets, removable solid back rest, Head Rest, crutch holder, JAY cushion with incontinence cover, wheel lock extensions, and FLAT FREE inserts, for both the caster tires and the main drive tires.

Now, for the Filling (The apples):

For 30+ years, I have used computers:  This started with an IBM Selectric Electric Typewriter, then went to an Apple IIe, IIc, IIgs, thenm in 1990 to an IBM pc, and then used windows.  Today, while I still use Windows, and will for some time to come, I have decided to make a change to the main computer I used, so this week, I backed up the files I needed for the machine transfer to Cardinal, and then disconnected all the Windows Machine's cables, and cleaned up the area all the way.

I then had my stepdad REMOVE the Dell Monitor, and in its place, he put my 2012 Imac in place!  That's RIGHT - a MAC - I was given a mac by my cousin, who, like me is a techie - but He agrees that I am probably more savvy than him, but he can get around on devices - My parents have 2 imacs and I devices (I Pads and I Pods) and I have them too, but now, I have the BIG One - The MAC, running MacOS High Sierra.  I have the Wireless keyboard, the Magic Trackpad and a Magic Mouse, and soon, will probably upgrade the kb and mouse, so they don't EAT batteries like candy, as the MOUSE only lasts a week or so to a charge, but the newer ones have the lightning cables to charge, so you can use while charging, so I should be all set ;)

I still have to experiment, but I think I will be oK :)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
corrected spelling on a word
  • Like 1

@DailyDi

I have been using the iMac for a week:  have make the following changes:

1.  Using LibreOffice is to confusing:  working with Microsoft VLSC (Volume Licensing Support Center) was able to reset the account assigned to the tech licensing we have with Windows Office Products. (Office 16, Office 19, Access 19, Office for Mac Standard)  Running Office 19 for Mac Standard Now, which will give me the "bridge" I need because I've used Office for years, and I have the license for it, so why use a paid 365 sub?

2.  REMOVED Quicktime Player, and added ElMedia Player for Mac:  Quicktime is default for MacOS High Sierra:  changed it, because Quicktime was discontinued at LEAST 15 years ago, and this new player has a better interface, and is easier to use, because the controls make sense.  Will go PRO here, as sometimes, I download videos from the internet, and can't seem to find anything similar to Freemake products, which are Windows Based - ElMedia Player seems to be able to do the job I need.

3.  Terminal:  Using the Default Mac Terminal app is also confusing:  I downloaded ITerm2 for this, and can adjust things pretty well - and I see the similarities:  the Imac and my linux box are similar :)

4.  Firefox is Default Browser:  I want to stay as close to what I am used to as possible, as Safari is not to easy to use for me, and Chrome and Chromium are as annoying as all the knats and bugs we dealt with at camp in the summer.  Seems like EVERY ONE of the sites, when they find you're NOT running Edge, finds Firefox, or chrome, or whatever browser you are running, and will ask you to download Edge - which is apparently based on the chromium browser - I had to change to Firefox after a while, and I can use it well now, whether I am on console on my mac, or on console on Cardinal.  I don't WANT EDGE - Didn't like the interface then, and I still don't like it now!

5. Migrated all IPod Contents to ITunes on IMac:  As a Music and Movie Lover, and because I have 2 IPods, 2 IPads and an IMac Now, and access to the cloud all the way around, it was time to migrate the contents of My 2009-2010 IPod to the IMac's version of Itunes.  I found that there is no way to EASILY transfer any of this FROM an I Device to a computer or a mac easily, but there was a way I did it.  I have a program called IMazing 2, which allows me to connect any device to the PC or Mac, access the contents I need, and rgeb EXPORT playlists to FOLDERS on the Mac HD 2 TB drive I have.  I was able to EXPORT all of this playlist folder by playlist folder, but when IMPORTING to Itunes, it wanted to place it in /Users/Brian/Trash/Itunes/ItunesMedia/  so I simply made Brian's ITunes and Playlists, and used IMazing 2 to move everything over there, and then made ALL playlists folders in the Mac Itunes Playlists and Select/Command A/Right Click, Copy X Items, then in the playlists, opened it, and pasted it in.  Then, I relocated the main Itunes folder to my 2 TB Mac Drive, and BOOM - Done - Took 4 hours though - geez ;(

6. Logins and Passwords Migrated as well as Bookmarks: Because I am a Windows User, and I have to pay bills and have access to the accounts, I had to move Bookmarks, logins, passwords, and the Profile folder over from the Mac as well.  I also moved Documents, Music, Videos, files, etc, that were on Windows 10, ZIPPED those, moved them to cardinal, and then they are waiting should they be needed.

On top of all this, I have been cleaning and clearing boxes and items I no longer need anymore, getting rid of what I don't want or need anymore.  I have also binned up all that, organized it on the second set of 3 storage shelves in my living room and have them all stacked up neatly, and able to be seen.  I have also had the apartment cleaned for the month, and I am preparing for a November 7 Chicken Pie Supper Event, and our Thrift Store and other Ministries at my Church will be preparing for the END of YEAR Conference on November 21st.  My ministry Report is due November 12 - and if that is NOT enough, I have appointments the 6th, 13th and 20th, and One of those is PT, One the Doctor, then the Dentist - heheheehe :)

So, this is why i've not been here for a few days, but fear not, I have NOT been working in vain ;)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
REMOVED the STOOPID automerged reply
  • Like 1

PC for laptops. (Need to get something with a high end graphics card though.)

Apple for the mobile phone. I have a Galaxy Note 9 that I was using for my phone, but I couldn’t find a music player setup that would work for me, back to Apple and iTunes. (Still have that for looking up things on games.)

Android. I had a Windows table for a long time, but I’m finding that my Fire tablet is working better for me when I want to watch movies in bed. 

• 2 months later...

UPDATE as of January 3, 2021:

I have been using the Mac, since October 25, 2020:  I have learned about a lot of things, and now I have added another 2 pieces to the puzzle to make the IMac, Ipads, Ipods, and data one fluid piece, because I can now have that data on all my devices:

On December 26, I traded my 2 year old Note 9, for a Iphone 12 standard. I find that it is more helpful to have a Iphone, as I can have data living on any of my active apple devices.  I was able to get a $700 CREDIT for my note, and over the next 2 years, I will pay $5/month or so, so I end up paying $150 for the phone, rather then $30 over the life of the agreement, which would have been about $724 or more.  I have decided that saving money is the goal, so I don't plan on upgrading my Iphone again for a while.

On January 1, I got my stimulus, and I was able to pay all my bills, and then I purchased the AppleWatch SE:  Now, I will have the wifi/cellular ability for when I don't want to take the phone with me, and I can also use the Health apps to see how healthy I am - The SE does not take your EEG, or your O2 sat, but I have that on my desk.  Now we will see just how active I am when I am moving. I can even load my music on my Iphone, and may put some of it on the watch, but we shall see.

Today, I made playlists on the Iphone 12 (128 Gig) and moved my backed up music to Apple Music on the Iphone.  I was able to store all of the music from my 64 GB IPod Touch, which is pretty awesome ;)

I got the 44 CM one, wifi/cellular, Space Gray, black sportband, and should be able to have all the things I need at my command even when I don't have a phone nearby. Its interesting, as we shall see what happens, but I think I may like the cell/wifi version, because I don't have to have the iphone near if I have to go somewhere.

Will keep you advised!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1