LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I just wet the bed last night, for the first time since I was a kid, and I wasn't really trying to.

DiaperedJoe

A bit of context.

7 months ago, when the quarantines and lockdowns started, my job moved me to working from home indefinitely.  With just about everything to do "out and about" in the community closed, even Churches being shut down, it seemed like a fun time for an experiment in 24/7.  I stocked up, and went padded full-time.

I haven't even tried to hold in my pee in 7 months.  When I'd wear to bed at night, if I woke up needing to pee (that used to be what would wake me up first in the morning, I'd just relax, wet my diaper, and drift back to sleep (the relief of feeling my bladder emptying, and the warm feeling of a freshly wet diaper sure do help you go back to sleep quickly).  

This morning, I woke up with a dry bed, and empty bladder, and a soaking wet diaper.

I don't remember waking up, peeing, and going back to sleep though.

I think I just truly wet the bed and if I wasn't wearing a diaper I would have been soaked.

I mean, I might have been half-awake, wet, and went back to sleep, and not remembered. . .or I could have truly been asleep and my subconscious has truly accepted that I'm diapered at all times now and there's no need to ever "hold it", because I can pee any time, any place, and be protected, so why bother holding it in?

I've got mixed feelings about this.  One one hand, it makes me feel good to need my diapers, and a strange kind of ABDL pride to know that I'm a real bedwetter now, and when I diaper up for bed it's not just because I want to, but because I truly NEED to as well.

On the other hand, I've heard that this is a one-way trip, that once you start wetting the bed as an adult, it's extremely hard if not impossible to gain full nighttime continence ever again, that even if I give up 24/7, I am best off being diapered for bed from now on.  That's a little scary.  I wasn't intentionally trying to become a bedwetter, but I wasn't fighting it either.

So, I'm conflicted.  Any advice or input, anyone?

4 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

I've experienced this as well, @DiaperedJoe. Background: I've been 24/7 for about 19 months, but I also slept in diapers for about a year before I started wearing during the day as well. My excuse for transitioning myself back into diapers was that I had a couple of incidents of bedwetting, however I'm talking about two occurrences over the course of probably 3 years or more. So I probably didn't "need" to wear diapers to bed, but I wanted to. (I was an inveterate bedwetter and wore diapers to bed as a kid, and I've been at least somewhat of a DL since I was little). 

However, since I've gone over to 24/7, and stopped "holding it" most of the time, I have found that I've had a few more incidents of true, "actual" bedwetting - IE, involuntary wetting of the bed, or, more accurately, my diaper, as compared to waking up and letting myself "let go" and then falling back to sleep, which occurs pretty much every night. That said, though, it still isn't happen with any great frequency - maybe there's an incident every three or four months where I could swear that I didn't wake up at all, yet my diaper is wet. Sometimes, these "events" are connected to having had a few drinks before going to bed. Like you, I feel some strange "satisfaction" when this occurs. 

I wouldn't consider going to bed without a diaper on, though, because I know I wouldn't sleep well, worrying that I might wet the actual bed, and also, I'd have to get up and pee with some frequency, because my tolerance for "holding it" has declined quite a bit since I went 24/7. I haven't slept without a diaper on in more than two and a half years, regardless of where I am - home, on vacation, business trip, friend's house. And I usually sleep like, well, a baby. 

But if you think that you might want to be able to retain the ability to stay dry at night, then that would probably have an impact on your day habits as well, because you need to retrain yourself to be comfortable and successful at "holding it" for longer periods. You probably also want to reduce your fluid intake before going to bed, and maybe sleep on a mattress protector while you test out if you can wean yourself off of needing to go throughout the night. For me, that sounds like way too much effort - I'd rather just wear a diaper! 

Maybe this was a one-off?  I'm not sure whether to say congratulations or not- many ABDLs in the "incontinence desires" subforum surely will jealous of your accomplishment.  If you do not wish to pursue bedwetting, it doesn't sound like it's too late to turn back. It might take some training though and no more laying in bed, wetting, and going back to sleep. Maybe it'll mean some night time potty training since it sounds like your body has gotten used to just going in your diaper at night.  But if this is something you decide you want, the congratulations and enjoy it! :) 

11 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

Also 24/7 for about the same time as @Little Sherri, a couple of months longer if you count a 24/7 stint that I undertook that was interrupted for a couple of weeks.

I encountered a similar “milestone” at a similar distance into habituation.  After a few drinks, I awoke the next morning with a soaking diaper and zero recollection of doing it.

Like yourself, I wouldn’t have said that I was striving to become a bedwetter.  When it first happened however, I was quite unbothered by it.  I thought I might have freaked out.

This event did not reoccur for some weeks.  Then it did.  Gradually it became more common.

11 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

I mean, I might have been half-awake, wet, and went back to sleep, and not remembered. . .or I could have truly been asleep and my subconscious has truly accepted that I'm diapered at all times now and there's no need to ever "hold it", because I can pee any time, any place, and be protected, so why bother holding it in?

Yes, I wonder about this in my case.  There are many people that say that it’s impossible to learn to wet the bed and I accept the possibility that I am stirring into wakefulness but after long habituation, just not enough wakefulness to remember all of the episodes the next morning.  Irrespective of this, I now NEVER wake up with a full bladder anymore.  Everytime I choose to release in my night diaper I usually find myself to be nearly empty anyway.   I will remember all, some or none of those wetting events.  It varies.  Pedants might tell you that this is NOT bedwetting but it sure looks like it and works like it.

I have a suspicion that if I went to bed undiapered, I might be ok for at least one night but would most likely endure a disrupted and uncomfortable sleep.  The second night may be more interesting because I might forget that I’m undiapered.  I’d like to test myself but since COVID-19 has killed travel, my wife is in the bed with me 100% of nights and she’d go ballistic if I wet it and I just can't be sure I would not.

I still have daytime continence (not that I use it) for what it's worth but it's not what it once was.  I hypothesize that this would come back with practice.  I have no plans to practice though.

• 1 month later...

I started wearing to bed regularly and wearing every day for months. I've been wearing regularly for at least 15 years but never 24/7. After a couple months I would wake 2-3 times a night and wet then go back to sleep. Since then I've had a compulsion to wear to bed so I don't have to get up and pee in a toilet and interrupt my sleep. Furthermore I get aggrivated during the day not wearing because I have to stop what I'm doing to go pee rather than simply peeing where I stand or while walk.

If I was with someone who was into diapers I'm sure I'd be incontinent by now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, DiaperedJoe said:

A bit of context.

7 months ago, when the quarantines and lockdowns started, my job moved me to working from home indefinitely.  With just about everything to do "out and about" in the community closed, even Churches being shut down, it seemed like a fun time for an experiment in 24/7.  I stocked up, and went padded full-time.

I haven't even tried to hold in my pee in 7 months.  When I'd wear to bed at night, if I woke up needing to pee (that used to be what would wake me up first in the morning, I'd just relax, wet my diaper, and drift back to sleep (the relief of feeling my bladder emptying, and the warm feeling of a freshly wet diaper sure do help you go back to sleep quickly).  

This morning, I woke up with a dry bed, and empty bladder, and a soaking wet diaper.

I've got mixed feelings about this.  One one hand, it makes me feel good to need my diapers, and a strange kind of ABDL pride to know that I'm a real bedwetter now, and when I diaper up for bed it's not just because I want to, but because I truly NEED to as well.

On the other hand, I've heard that this is a one-way trip, that once you start wetting the bed as an adult, it's extremely hard if not impossible to gain full nighttime continence ever again, that even if I give up 24/7, I am best off being diapered for bed from now on.  That's a little scary.  I wasn't intentionally trying to become a bedwetter, but I wasn't fighting it either.

You were already wearing a diaper so maybe you were kind of giving yourself permission to pee the bed? I think you should watch to see if there are any conditions or triggers that make you wet the bed in your sleep. For me the biggest issue is drinking. After getting my bedwetting under control in my 20s mainly by stopping drinking I went for two decades without any nighttime accidents until one night in my mid-40s after I went to a friends 40th birthday party and I woke up soaked with no diaper and not even a cover on the mattress. If you know the causes or triggers then you'll have a better idea of whether its a one-way trip like you worry about. I know if I drink alcohol and especially beer that I have to diaper up at bedtime. And I also know to keep protection on the mattress at all times. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as an update, I didn't wet the bed again for several weeks after that, but I did again, and slowly more often.

I wet the bed now roughly once a week.  If I drink alcohol and go to bed even a little intoxicated, that rises to an almost certainty that I'll wet in my sleep.  

I realize that I'm coming up on a year of 24/7 now.

I've just come to accept that I'm a bedwetter now, and that even if I re-toilet train myself when the pandemic-based working from home ends, I'll probably still be a bedwetter after that and should probably wear a diaper to bed every night from now on.

21 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

Well, as an update, I didn't wet the bed again for several weeks after that, but I did again, and slowly more often.

I wet the bed now roughly once a week.  If I drink alcohol and go to bed even a little intoxicated, that rises to an almost certainty that I'll wet in my sleep.  

I realize that I'm coming up on a year of 24/7 now.

I've just come to accept that I'm a bedwetter now, and that even if I re-toilet train myself when the pandemic-based working from home ends, I'll probably still be a bedwetter after that and should probably wear a diaper to bed every night from now on.

The best way forward is accepting you are a bedwtter.