LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Odd YouTube suggested video

I was scrolling through suggested videos on YouTube and amidst the usual videos I see, there is a Japanese J-Pop(?) video, and some other strange videos that I have no idea how they are suggested, and then a Spanish speaking woman's video on making a cloth pocket diaper (link below). Wish I spoke Spanish, it was informative any way. Just odd that it popped up. She has some on making little girl dresses too. Since I had never searched or watched any videos like that before, I found it weird. Now I am getting spammed with Spanish sewing and diaper videos.

https://youtu.be/K6aS08ZBoE4

YouTube is owned by Google, if you've ever searched anything related to diapers on Google they will quietly add that to your interest profile and you will start seeing ads all around the internet for things like that.

Same goes for YouTube Suggestions, since your YouTube and Google account share a profile of you and your interests. So if you have ever searched anything related to diapers or things of that nature on Google (or mentioned anything of it on any other google service) that could have ended up in your interest profile YouTube will use it and start recommending you videos that fit into said profile. Even something so simple as using the Google Chrome (or other chromium based) browser while logged into google will add things to your interest profile, so even just visiting this site via directly going to the URL could put diapers in your interest profile.

I hope this helped understand why you might be getting these YouTube video suggestions.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:31 AM, kasarberang said:

YouTube is owned by Google, if you've ever searched anything related to diapers on Google they will quietly add that to your interest profile and you will start seeing ads all around the internet for things like that.

Same goes for YouTube Suggestions, since your YouTube and Google account share a profile of you and your interests. So if you have ever searched anything related to diapers or things of that nature on Google (or mentioned anything of it on any other google service) that could have ended up in your interest profile YouTube will use it and start recommending you videos that fit into said profile. Even something so simple as using the Google Chrome (or other chromium based) browser while logged into google will add things to your interest profile, so even just visiting this site via directly going to the URL could put diapers in your interest profile.

I hope this helped understand why you might be getting these YouTube video suggestions.

On 6/23/2020 at 12:43 PM, ValentinesStuff said:

Given that I have been Googling about diapers since Google started and have been using the same Gmail account since you needed an invite to get an account, I really would have expected it years and years ago.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, DailyDi said:

There is no escaping the algorithm !

There's actually options in the Youtube settings as well as most other Google services to not show personalized recommendations.  Google does not mention these much at all for obvious reasons.

5 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

There's actually options in the Youtube settings as well as most other Google services to not show personalized recommendations.  Google does not mention these much at all for obvious reasons.

This does not disable all tracking though (if only it was that easy), since Google is fueled by personal information,  so long as you are interacting with Google in some way (which is virtually impossible to avoid entirely) you're paying with your data. Though that's not to say these settings are useless as they will most likely decrease the amount of data collected at least to an extent. But Google has a tons of other ways of collecting personal information that are not entirely covered in those "privacy settings"

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately tracking is not simply evaded.  If you are logged in to a service, you're going to get tracked.  Even if you think you might NOT be logged into a service, with things like federated authentication, it's easy to find yourself logged in to these services anyway.

To make it worse, there's a bunch of technologies that are used to track non-users.  It's a bit harder to work out exactly who you are but it's possible to "fingerprint" an individual and identify them across multiple sites through cookies and hidden web page trickery.

Private browsing with Firefox and automatic cookie deletion helps a lot.  No more "Depends" ads appearing on the family smart TV when it's tuned to channel You-Tube (hopefully)

You can fire up a YouTube site in a clean browser, signed out and see what it "suggests" for you to establish if you've still got data leakage going on.

Being single, and living alone, I don't really care about the tracking or the pop-up ads. I rarely see ads for adult diapers on YouTube. Most YouTube ads I see are for videogames and drugs.

More humorously on the computer I use at work, while playing Solitaire an ad for "The 10 hottest sites for singles in town." popped up. The accompanying picture was an adult pull-up. Since all I do is work, play solitaire, and occasionally browse the news. I found that ad funny.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That does happen because I'll be looking some random thing up on Google and then diaper ads start appearing in parts of the page..I remember searching with my wife for some Christmas items and sometimes a diaper ad would appear on the page. She isnt into the diaper thing. Shes under the impression Ill wear when I have a flare up down below. Ive said Ive worn to bed occasionally. So Im sure she sees the ads but doesnt really mention about them.