LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quitting

A towel was my second type homemade diaper as a kid, before that, I would put on several pairs of underwear. The towel was, my first closest to the real item. They weren’t idea, but I was able to pin them on, and then tape a trash bag over them, for plastic pants. When I got older, I was able to order actual plastic pants, that would fit me, from a magazine ad, then later Sears. 

Yes, but this is what I use

And the panties to go with them

http://other.sandralyn.net/rppage.html

I make my diapers out of actual diaper flannel and sew in a terry cloth panel. Then I use Zorb soakers. This system works the best of any I've made before and it isn't so bulky you can't walk. For diaper covers, I make pull-on vinyl out of polyurethane laminate. It comes in plain colors and I also have some cute covers with designs--unicorns, flowers, pink and white mosaic.

Many years ago I bought some birdseye diaper fabric from one of the local cloth stores.    I sort of just cut it into rectangles and that was it.   Later my wife decided to make proper prefolds out of them.   I went around to all the local fabric stores and bought up all the diaper fabric they had.   I ended up with over a dozen diapers my wife made.

A prefold is just a rectangual diaper with additional layers in the middle.

It depends on on what you like.    Mine were mostly 2 layers for the base and then a few more in the center.   I've seen people go up to 4-8-4.   It would also depend on the weight of the fabric.

3 hours ago, messyman said:

I am debating ordering a whole bunch of gauze from China. I don't know how many layers you need to put together for a decent diaper.

Good luck finding it. For some reason there has been a run on Birdseye fabric. 

I would say a minimum of three yards to get a 36x36" 2-6-2 or five yards for a 4-8-4. 

I make my own diapers out of flannel and terry cloth. And I try to sell them in my etsy store.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/valentinesstuff?ref=search_shop_redirect

I might point out that @messyman said gauze, not birdseye.  They are two different types of fabric.  Birdseye is more closely related to the white restaurant towels rather than gauze.  Gauze is a bit like the stuff for bandages only a much tighter weave and usually multiple layers. used in one diaper.

Pulled out my box of cloth diapers which includes a whole bunch of well washed single layer flats. They barely work as flats and the print is ugly so I think I will play with those. Make some pin on contours or something.

If I work out a good pattern Then I will take a closer look at what China and India have to offer for new fabric

On 6/18/2020 at 3:33 PM, willnotwill said:

I'm not missing anything, I pointed out it depends on the weight of the fabric.

I probably should have quoted but my comment was directed to @ValentinesStuff, not you.  It was [they] who mentioned birdseye. 

For those wondering why I used the [they] pronoun, it is because ValentinesStuff lists gender as Non-Binary and I'm unsure what the preferred pronoun would be in [their] case.

5 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

I probably should have quoted but my comment was directed to @ValentinesStuff, not you.  It was [they] who mentioned birdseye. 

For those wondering why I used the [they] pronoun, it is because ValentinesStuff lists gender as Non-Binary and I'm unsure what the preferred pronoun would be in [their] case.

It, although I don't really care. He, she, they, it. I don't like the weird combo words though.

Birdseye is common for flatfold and prefold baby diapers. And I have been having a terribly difficult time finding it in stock. 

The more I look into it the cheapest option is buying those thin double gauze baby blankets with prints. You have to order whole lot of fabric before you get down to that price per square foot or whatever the usual unit is. 

56 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Fabric (at least in the US) is sold by the linear yard.    Fabric bolt widths vary from 36-60".

The birdseye that I bought pre-cut from Walmart was 2 sq yds and were 36" long and 72" wide when unfolded, thus it was a 36" bolt.  I'm not sure what bolt length JoAnn's Fabrics has for their birdseye but if it's the same 36" bolt, that would mean that buying 5' (60") of fabric (or 1 2/3 yards) would give diaper panels of 60" x 72" in size.

If you wanted an adult sized 21x40, you would need 80x42 or probably 84x46 to account fro shrinkage

27 minutes ago, Babyspiderboy95 said:
On 6/16/2020 at 1:30 AM, Leaksolot said:

I'm leaving DD

Why?

(FYI: the "Quitting" title and is "Leaving DD" were edits to the original name and content of this thread)

After reading through some of his last posts, he apparently gave some fashion advice to a younger person regarding the location of a piercing and an article of jewelry in said piercing, and was rebuked by another member.  It was after that, that he posted some apology posts and modified the subject and content of the original post above to indicate his departure. 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

(FYI: the "Quitting" title and is "Leaving DD" were edits to the original name and content of this thread)

After reading through some of his last posts, he apparently gave some fashion advice to a younger person regarding the location of a piercing and an article of jewelry in said piercing, and was rebuked by another member.  It was after that, that he posted some apology posts and modified the subject and content of the original post above to indicate his departure. 

@DL-Boy

Yeah, I was gonna ask that same question "Why" because I saw the Title and it did not make sense as I scanned the other posts in this thread  I hope that whatever happened or happens, he makes the decision was the right one for him.  Sometimes, people leave for reasons we do not know about, and all I can say is Take Care @Leaksolot  We will miss ya :(

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
corrected use of a word/ and fixed a sentence