LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is sucking your thumb more babyish than sucking on pacifiers?

Is sucking your thumb more babyish than sucking on pacifiers? I always thought they were both equally babyish but that's just me. Do you prefer one over the other? Let me know. I would like to hear what you have to say.??

• Like 1
4 hours ago, babystevie1987 said:

Pacifier for me. I just can't suck my thumb. I do like seeing girls suck their thumb though.

@Babyspiderboy95

Both actions are babyish, however, I would NOT suck on my thumb, because of where my hands are most of the time:  They are usually pushing my wheelchair's Power Assist Wheels: They can get quite dirty, and you can pick up road grime, dog mess, water, dirt, you name it from the rims and the tires:  During the summer and fall, I wear a pair of motorcycle gloves, that go from the knuckles to just a couple inches below your hand: It protects my hands from getting skinned up, or any other problems.  Plus, when riding, gives me GRIP, and the gloves are soft supple leather.

I have a pacifier myself:  If I am in the mood, I would suck on IT, because that can be cleaned and sterilized:  When in high school, I learned just what kinda garbage you can get under the nails, because the instructor caught guys and gals chewing their nails in class:  After I heard that, I won't mess with my thumb - too dirty, even though I do wash my hands.

A word of warning:  They say that using a paci or sucking your thumb can mess up your teeth, meaning that they can become misaligned and cause your bite to suffer:  Learned that from the dentist and my orthodontist (Yes, I had Braces myself on my teeth, and lucky for me, did not need the headgear)  I had an overbite for years. and I still have it, but my teeth are straight. 

@babystevie1987  ahhh....You like the girls sucking their thumbs huh? :D  Cool :)

Take Care,

Brian

• Like 1

I have sucked my thumb for all my life. Its habbit for me to use my thumb. But I am trying to use a paci over my thumb. Both in my opinion are babyish. For me a paci is part of my little side.

• Like 1

Well they're both about as babyish as you can get aren't they?  I started sucking my thumb in the evenings when I was getting Mummy used to me being more babyish, but I soon switched to a dummy, because too much thumb-sucking really isn't good for the alignment of your teeth, once you've got some.  Now my dummy is always with me, and in my mouth all night and often in the day too. 

Of course they're both substitutes for something else, which I'd choose every time if I could! :t61046:

(I couldn't find an emoji of a booby for some reason...)

• Like 1
15 hours ago, baker7 said:

@Babyspiderboy95

Both actions are babyish, however, I would NOT suck on my thumb, because of where my hands are most of the time:  They are usually pushing my wheelchair's Power Assist Wheels: They can get quite dirty, and you can pick up road grime, dog mess, water, dirt, you name it from the rims and the tires:  During the summer and fall, I wear a pair of motorcycle gloves, that go from the knuckles to just a couple inches below your hand: It protects my hands from getting skinned up, or any other problems.  Plus, when riding, gives me GRIP, and the gloves are soft supple leather.

I have a pacifier myself:  If I am in the mood, I would suck on IT, because that can be cleaned and sterilized:  When in high school, I learned just what kinda garbage you can get under the nails, because the instructor caught guys and gals chewing their nails in class:  After I heard that, I won't mess with my thumb - too dirty, even though I do wash my hands.

A word of warning:  They say that using a paci or sucking your thumb can mess up your teeth, meaning that they can become misaligned and cause your bite to suffer:  Learned that from the dentist and my orthodontist (Yes, I had Braces myself on my teeth, and lucky for me, did not need the headgear)  I had an overbite for years. and I still have it, but my teeth are straight. 

@babystevie1987  ahhh....You like the girls sucking their thumbs huh? :D  Cool :)

Take Care,

Brian

Thanks for the feedback, I really enjoyed reading your comment.

14 hours ago, Stroller said:

Well they're both about as babyish as you can get aren't they?  I started sucking my thumb in the evenings when I was getting Mummy used to me being more babyish, but I soon switched to a dummy, because too much thumb-sucking really isn't good for the alignment of your teeth, once you've got some.  Now my dummy is always with me, and in my mouth all night and often in the day too. 

Of course they're both substitutes for something else, which I'd choose every time if I could! :t61046:

(I couldn't find an emoji of a booby for some reason...)

Thanks for the feedback, I really enjoyed reading your comment.

16 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

I can't suck my thumb.  I know where it's been.  :D

LoL! Thanks for the feedback, I really enjoyed reading your comment.

11 hours ago, Newbee said:

I sucked my thumb for years but now I have a paci and for me having a paci feels more babyish.

14 hours ago, diaperguy said:

I have sucked my thumb for all my life. Its habbit for me to use my thumb. But I am trying to use a paci over my thumb. Both in my opinion are babyish. For me a paci is part of my little side.

12 hours ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

Personally I usually suck on my Daddy's thumb. When we're cuddling he usually will place his thumb gently against my lips until I start to suckle ??

• Like 1

I've been sucking my thumb since I was little. I still do. I also have a nice blankie that I've had for decades. Is it babyish? Yea. I also have a paci but it's not my favorite. I had braces for almost 3 years. I still have a retainer (I get a new one every 5 years. I use one of those plastic ones like inaligne). For me, I just love my thumb. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Babyleighanne said:

Being new to this I use my thumb at the moment paci turning up in the next few day. Only start sucking my thumb once wet.xx

At first I did suck my thumb when I first got into age play with my wife. She decided I would use a pacifire vs my thumb. She puts a pacifire clip on my shirt or onesie, and she usually puts the pacifier in my mouth when she changes me.

• Like 1

I think they are both babyish. The reason I use a pacifier is my arm gets tired keeping my thumb in my mouth ?. I really like both though. Many mornings I wake up having lost my pacifier during the night but my thumb is in my mouth. 

• Like 1

While the action itself is babyish in both cases, I feel that pacifiers are the most in the sense that it's an actual babyish object, as opposed to a basic part of the human anatomy which almost everyone has. I never got anything out of sucking my thumb, but I get a lot out of a pacifier.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Every once in a blue moon, I get da urge for my thumb, but usually my paci makes me feel the most lil. Especially when properly padded, wif Humphrey snuggled next ta me, an either Mister Rogers or cartoons like Paw Patrol or Bluey on da screen. :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've sucked my thumb my whole life, and my family knows I still do it.  I do it whenever I'm tired, bored, watching TV, driving, sleeping, you name it.  I do have some pacifiers but they just don't feel the same as my thumb.

I prefer my thumb over a pacifier. Pacifiers never seem to work the same for me. I have been trying hard not to suck my thumb right now and my daddy/husband would prefer I use a pacifier because it can be cleaned and sterilized with really hot water. I get sick easy so he gets concerned about germs, but I wash my hands all the time. 

On 5/1/2020 at 4:15 AM, Babyspiderboy95 said:

Is sucking your thumb more babyish than sucking on pacifiers? I always thought they were both equally babyish but that's just me. Do you prefer one over the other? Let me know. I would like to hear what you have to say.??

I love me binkie ?

• Like 1

Both, in a way but you can get away with sucking your thumb, saying that you just ate something, or it was a bit sore, whereas the pacifier is very obsessed and I would keep it private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Welp, of the two, it's only the pacifier that makes me feel babyish, gives me that little bit of extra push into the littlespace, or gets me excited / in the right mood.

The thing is, a pacifier, similarly to a diaper, is an item that has an inherent babyish quality about it; it is inseparably associated with babyhood, it can have features that accentuate that quality (baby colors, cute pictures on the mouthguard, lanyard with cute pictures or patterns on it, etc.

A thumb, on the other hand (hehe 😛) ... it's just an appendage, that most people have. Nothing special about it. There are much more interesting appendages to stick in your ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

... aaaanyway! Before I get inappropriate.

My thumb, apart from not feeling particularly nice to suck (I suffer from frequent skin cracks around my nails), doesn't really do anything for me in that place. There's also nothing particularly babyish about it, especially now that I'm 33 and it's gotten hardened by lots of hard work, and I reckon it's not going to get any softer with time.

Also, just in general, I prefer not to stick any digits into my mouth if I don't have to. I don't lick them clean after eating - that's what napkins, or water and soap are for, I don't use them to dislodge pieces of food stuck between teeth - that's what toothpicks and floss are for, and I don't bite my nails either. 

• Like 2