LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shipping Times.

So I don’t regularly post alot, But I do lurk and read posts a good bit, 

So I’ve lived by myself for about 3 years, Before i moved in I always thought of how I’d order diapers for myself all the time,  But for some reason I’ve only ever ordered a sample of bambinos, No idea why I still have this feeling of guilt about ordering something like this for myself, I do know that guilt is a regular thing for alot of us, But I’m still trying to get it into my head that there’s nothing wrong with using some extra money to buy myself something like diapers, 

So now I am wanting to order some diapers for myself, Wanting maybe some medical style diapers as Im not sure I like the Abdl stuff as much, I’m not really into alot of age play, I just like to wear and wet, 

So my main question would be, Has anyone experienced any shipping issues with everything going on lately?, I’m just trying to get and idea of how long I should expect to wait if I do order something, Thinking about ordering some Abena diapers as they look pretty thick, Wanting to get some plastic pants as well, 

Its also important that I can find an online retailer that will deliver to a P.O. Box as that’s my only option, I live close enough to the post office that they will not deliver mail to my apartment (We don’t have mailboxes)Although I don’t have to pay for my P.O. Box, 

Anyways, If anyone could give some suggestions on good websites I could order from that would ship to a P.O. Box i would be very appreciative, Thanks for listening to me ramble on about this.

Check to see if any UPS and FedEx stores are still open and you can have your items delivered to them.  Most online retailers use one of the following three providers: USPS, UPS, FedEx.

If you purchase from Amazon, consider routing your package using Amazon Lockers.

If the vendor you purchase from uses UPS, use their UPS My Choice feature, which allows you to redirect a UPS package to a UPS access point such as UPS Stores or CVS pharmacies.

If the vendor you purchase from uses FedEx, use their FedEx Delivery Manager feature, which allows you to redirect parcels to your local Walgreens or other locations.

Vendors such as NorthShore allow you to have the order sent directly to a FedEx authorized location as you check out.

Most all vendors will ship using USPS to a PO box, but you may have to pay extra to send it that way if the vendor doesn't use the USPS as their main shipper.  

Abenas are a great choice for a medical diaper.  If you have a wal-mart close by you can order from walmart.com and do ship to store.  The first time I ordered I picked it up at the window no problems.  Second time the worker opened the package, which was kind of embarrassing, but not really that big of a deal.  The last time I ordered my local wal-mart now has the pickup tower which spit out a cardboard box.  

Shipping seems to be a little slower than normal right now, but maybe only a day and some things are still very fast.  Northshore care is very quick and is also great to order from.    

I've found the best price for Abena poly-backed (Abriform Comfort) is around $17.85 per bag, and that's from Amazon.  Their per bag price is actually better than their case price so I'll buy three bags at a time instead of one case. They're better priced at Amazon than at Vitality Medical, Carewell, Walmart or anyone else I've found selling them.

Northshore will use FedEx to ship and when I order I have them shopped to my local Wallgreens for pick up.  FedEx has many places you can pick up in person, just look at their website.  I drive right by my Wallgreens on the way home from work so it's nothing to stop and pick up a package on the way home.

So far I've had no shipping issues (and not everything I'm buying lately is diapers!), but that could change.  And how long it takes will also obviously depend on where it originates and where you are.   Bambino is the longest as it's literally coast to coast - usually running up on 2 weeks.   ABU the best @ 2 days since they're just a few miles away. 

But... some of us will still remember the days of "please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery"!   ?

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Northshore will use FedEx to ship and when I order I have them shopped to my local Wallgreens for pick up.  FedEx has many places you can pick up in person, just look at their website.  I drive right by my Wallgreens on the way home from work so it's nothing to stop and pick up a package on the way home.

Kinda ironic picking up diapers at a pharmacy that you didn't buy at that pharmacy.   If they only knew.... maybe they'd stock them.  nah... not enough profit gouging in good products.

I got my last order of diapers (ABU) on March 11, before everything got crazy, so I can't speak specifically to that but in general I've not noticed any difference in shipping speed. I'm on the east coast and have ordered things from two different businesses that both happen to be in Portland, Oregon. One was shipped using standard USPS shipping late on March 26 (I think the shipping label was prints then, but didn't actually ship til the 27th) and arrived the morning of March 30, which I think is pretty good. The other was delivered by FedEx and took I think a day longer. Another package shipped from Tennessee on the 25th and arrived the 27th. I know some carriers are warning of potential delays but so far I haven't seen any.

I placed an order last Friday with Northshore.  They are operating with a reduced staff and said that there may be delays in shipping.  The order shipped a day later than normal: it was shipped next day instead of same day; NS is so good!!  The box is projected to arrive later today with normal-for-me two day ground transit time.  From what I understand, in order to avoid in-transit delays due to abnormally-high COVID-related freight volumes, the box should arrive tagged as medical supplies.  So a bit less discrete than usual.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:19 PM, wetngooshy said:

I placed an order last Friday with Northshore.  They are operating with a reduced staff and said that there may be delays in shipping.  The order shipped a day later than normal: it was shipped next day instead of same day; NS is so good!!  The box is projected to arrive later today with normal-for-me two day ground transit time.  From what I understand, in order to avoid in-transit delays due to abnormally-high COVID-related freight volumes, the box should arrive tagged as medical supplies.  So a bit less discrete than usual.

Yes, I just received an order from North Shore and it had a sticker on the box that said Medical Supplies. 

I’m actually starting to find that getting diapers shipped to a P.O. Box is a terribly difficult ordeal, There’s not many places that will ship this way without charging a huge amount more for shipping,

This is a terribly frustrating ordeal, Places just don’t understand that some people live in places where they have no option of mail delivery, I was gonna try Amazon’s locker thing but they don’t have any close to me, 

This sucks lol.

The problem is that diapers are bulky for the weight and the postal service isn't cost effective.   A PMB (UPS Store, Postal Annex, etc...) will be able to accept both US Mail and the common carriers (UPS, DHL, FEDEX).    I've been using one for wine deliveries anyhow because USPS doesn't do wine and it needs to go somewhere it can be signed for by an adult.

Well, my order of a case of Total Dry Plus Protection was finally filled today after being in "PROCESSING" status since last Wednesday night when I ordered them.  I ordered them from totaldry.com.  Last night I ordered a large bag of ProCare Plus pull-ups for my wife from Carewell.com and I've already got a UPS shipping# for them.  let's see which ones we get first...

On 4/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, DL-Boy said:

Well, my order of a case of Total Dry Plus Protection was finally filled today after being in "PROCESSING" status since last Wednesday night when I ordered them.  I ordered them from totaldry.com.  Last night I ordered a large bag of ProCare Plus pull-ups for my wife from Carewell.com and I've already got a UPS shipping# for them.  let's see which ones we get first...

Got my case of Total Dry "Plus Protection" diapers.  I almost thought they were made from Tyvek (breathable fabric) and even called Total Dry back to complain about the mixup.  They took my order# and my phone# and said they'd call me back when someone could pick up the request...

In the meantime I did a little experiment - taking the front corner cut edge and pulled on the "fabric" and found that it is really PLASTIC.  Actually it's a laminate of soft fabric backing and a very thin top-layer of satin-finish polyethylene plastic.  The satin finish makes it feel like fabric instead of plastic but with the leakthru protection of plastic.

I haven't tried one on (or tried one out!) yet but I suspect the satin finish will help prevent skin chafing and stickiness around the legs where the Tranquility and Abena tend to suffer a bit.  I'm not sure from an ABDL aspect, if that is desirable really, since the plastic feel is part of it, but from a comfort aspect it might be desirable...  The jury is out until I have a chance to try one or two.  I will say that an 18 count bag isn't any bigger than a 12 count bag of Tranquility ATNs but Tranquility rates their ATN's at 937 mL (or similar) capacity and Total Dry rates their Plus Protection at 1800 mL capacity.  Apparently there is much more SAP in the Total Dry than there is in the Tranquility, to account for the thinner profile with almost double the capacity rating.

I have an auto ship order from Northshore, which just shipped their third auto ship order today since this started. The first one was a few days getting to fedex, the second was on time both with getting to fedex and delivery date. I was told today that packages are being shipped on time but may experience delays by the shipping company (FedEx) based on destination, and that path to the destination.

Because of their short staff, and unpredictability delivery supply chain in US I ended up basically tripping my order over the course of different orders. (One reg order placed a week ahead, and my order today added an additional two cases.

As I can’t really go without them now for medical reasons I decided to have a few extra boxes in my condo and deal with the clutter- no one else is gonna see it anyways.

• Like 1

SO I actually went a different direction And ended up ordering from LLMedico, Tracking says it should be here on Tuesday, But I will say LLMedico is awesome, They really have taken care of me and answered my questions very quickly, I will absolutely order from them in the future, They arranged everything to Be shipped to my P.O. Box, Also getting a pair of plastic pants but those will be shipped separately, Super excited to receive my L4’s!.

• 4 weeks later...

I placed a fairly large order last week and it went out the next business day and I had it two days after that.   Looks like they've recovered.

The one problem I've been having is stuff coming via USPS.   Priority mail seems to be taking a few extra days.

I've found that FedEx and UPS are doing pretty good.  In fact, my last SmartPost shipment was delivered by FedEx contractors rather than being dumped into the USPS for the last mile.

The USPS and Amazon are definitely having issues though.

I ordered something from EBAY on a Wednesday afternoon from Ohio, I live in Michigan.  It was predicted to arrive the following Monday USPS.  It arrived that Saturday.  Just about anything I have ordered in the past month and a half from anywhere has arrived either early or on time.

I just placed a new order with Totaldry.com for a case of overnights.  I used the free shipping which I believe is FedEx Smartpost (USPS for the last mile).  The longest wait will likely be getting the order filled (probably Tuesday/Wednesday before they do).  I figure I'll see it delivered a week from Monday but they could surprise me.