LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Forgot About The Downside...

... of cleaning up a messy diaper. So often before, and again today, the toilet got a little blocked and wouldn't flush. How does one actually avoid this kind of hassle? In the meanime I will go try to resolve the situation.

Either quit flushing stuff that shouldn’t be flushed or, if that isn’t the problem, get the drain pipe properly cleaned all the way to the street sewer line.  If the pipe is backing up repeatedly, you have a problem in the line, like plant roots or a partially collapsed pipe.  Either problem won’t be solved with a plunger.  

@dlsafrica, if you're using disposibles, just fold up the poop in the diaper when closing it up to throw it away.  If you're in cloth, a little ingenuity is in order - Get a trash can with a trash bag and well-fitting lid (Diaper Genie comes to mind), and dump the solids into the sealed trash can and take the bag out regularly (daily should work).

That way you're not pushing too much through the plumbing.  Thing about it though, if your plumbing can't handle a load of poop from your diaper, how would it handle it if it was a direct deposit instead of from a diaper?  As to flushing anything else besides poop - JUST DON'T DO IT.  That's what the trash is for.  Refer to the first sentence for proper storage until it can be taken out of the house.

Thanks - I don't flush anything but poop -- but I've had this problem before as well. The thing is... I never used to like pooping. Now though, if I'm wet already something gets into my mind that I might as well... but fold up the diaper with poop in it? And dispose of it like that? I used to do that but because we live with a communal rubbish area I stopped.  But maybe I just need to restrict myself to wetting. Anyway, thanks so much.

Good luck. Unfortunately, you’ll probably need a plumber to permanently solve the problem. Do your bath tub/shower or other drains in the house also back up?  If so, try to find which drains share the same pipe and try to localize the blockage that way. 

If you hear a gurgling in any of the other bathroom pipes, your vent stack could also be plugged not allowing the toilet to "breathe." People often forget that.

@dlsafrica, I live in an apartment complex and several units around mine all use the same dumpster.  I use large 45 gal refuse liners (heavy duty trash bags).  About 30% of all of my diapers are messy.  Whether folding up an ABENA, ATN or other brand of tab diaper, I take the following approach:

1. Remove diaper carefully making sure majority of solids are in the diaper (use back padding to "clean" my crevices)
  2. Step over diaper and place it on flat surface (toilet seat, lavatory counter, etc).
  3. Clean up with adult body wipes until satisfied I'm totally clean (pat dry with TP if you have any)
  4. Put folded body wipe into the open diaper.
  5. Fold one front wing over (as it originally was when new)
  6. Fold other front wing over same way, folding the excess fabric/plastic back over
  7. Fold "folded" front of diaper to back of diaper, over the wipe(s) and poop
  8. Fold middle section over to the top of the back padding (there should be extra fabric/plastic beyond the padding)
  9. Fold the back fabric/plastic excess over from the opposite direction to cover
  10. Take left and right back wings in left/right hands, tucking in where needed
  11. Cross the wings over each and turn diaper quarter turn so the flaps create a 90 degree turn "PLUS"
  12. Using the backup tapes (or velcro) close the flaps around to the back of the diaper, do the open side last so it is properly sealed
  13. Set aside in designated location until ready to put in trash bag, tie bag up (careful... after 6-8 diapers, it's heavy!) and take it to the dumpster.
  • Like 1

i just wrap up the diaper (as well as wipes and gloves) into a burrito-type thing and just double or triple bag it to toss the whole heap in the trash. 

if community disposal is out of the question, then perhaps pack it out with you and dispose of them elsewhere. maybe a public trash can, or dumpster somewhere. 

Generally speaking, your poo will eventually break apart after a while.  

I'm not much of a diaper messer, but when I do I flush the stool.  If I think it may be a problem going down the toilet without clogging, I'll manually break up the stool with a toilet bowl brush.  Easy peasy.

you might need to get your line backflushed, or jetted, or you might try a drain bladder on your water hose, these assume you have a cleanout installed, if not then you need to call a plumber to dig up the septic tank lid so they can run a jet in it, we had to do it twice, would have been once but the 2nd was a call back so it didnt cost us, the first guy was fired by the company, he didnt run a camera up the line to see what the problem was which was a break, it was the thin pipe, 3 inch, and it broke, it needed dug up and replace with the thick stuff, after that we still had a problem because under the house there was 2 90 degree bends, slowed things down, and again after that because when we had the line dug up, a reducer wasnt installed(a guy around here said he can do it for us for 150, installing the reducer i mean), mom had a bf at the time, who came down, we both dug up the lid, ran a snake up the line and out the clean out, wrapped a hand towel around it and secured it with a clothes hanger, and pulled it back(we didnt know a pressure washer and jetter nozzle would help,,, and dont have a pressure washer, and didnt know drain bladders exist), i pulled it back through the pipe and it work, that shit(literally) poured out into the tank, in the future we are going to try a bladder, those things work by expanding in the pipe, filling the clog side with water and the water acts like a ram.