LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Suburban Problems

I thought I'd share a funny story.  Sometimes ABDLs have gotten in a bit of hot water for dumping their used diapers, but it's not a problem limited to us.  I went to my parents house yesterday and there were Pampers all over their back yard.

My parents live in a Subdivision, not a cookie cutter kind, think more rural, but very nice houses one one acre lots, with open fields behind them.  Their new neighbors have 3 kids,  2 still in diapers.  They are a younger couple, and more than capable of affording trash pickup like everyone else, but the young man grew up way out in the country where they dumped their trash in a burn pile.  So my parents have three dogs that live outdoors, they keep them in a nice kennel and get them out to run the fields almost almost daily.  

So you can imagine the problem.  When the young couple change their toddlers they immediately walk onto their elevated rear porch and toss the balled up diapers into their pile.  Often times getting them all over their back yard and in the field.  The dogs go crazy at the diapers, get all they can find and take them into my parents yard then rip them to shreds, carry them around and lay all over them.  My poor parents have to go pick them up and put them on the offending neighbor's porch, still they won't actually confront them.  It's been going on now for over a year.  I can't believe they won't at least ask this couple to stop.  

On 3/22/2020 at 3:57 AM, Dubious said:

Stop dumping diapers on their property?
What about teaching the dogs to stop stealing diapers, or put up a fence..

@Dubious LOL, so you'd be cool if you neighbors threw their dirty diapers all over their back yard.  It would make more sense if you could see the area.  The back yard faces a public access grass path, and then beyond that is a huge open field, and beyond that just fields and trees.  A fence wouldn't help since the couple have their burn pile in the public access alleyway.  Most of their diapers end up in the alley or out in the field.  My parents have been trying to train the dogs to quit picking up the diapers but they've had no luck. They just go crazy over them.  My parents have been walking dogs out into the field for 40 years.  

Probably need some changes on both sides.  It could be considered a health hazard to just have dirty diapers tossed in a pile in your back yard.  Maybe a call to the city or township to check the ordinance and then if there is a violation, a complaint against them.  In the mean time, until things get settled with the neighbors and they are ordered to cease and desist, I would do all I could to keep the dogs from getting to the diaper pile even though it means a change in a 40 year routine. Obviously you can't have it both ways so something has to give.  If you don't take official steps to get the neighbors to stop what they are doing, then it all falls back on you!  You change your routine or live with the consequences.  Don't piss and moan about it if you won't take any action either against them or change the dog walking routine.

Maybe your parents are just waiting for the kids to get potty trained. Then no more diaper waste, or ( hopefully) trash waste in the yard ?

8 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Aka "field of dreams"???!!??!???

Well build it and they will come (the dogs that is...) ?

If it's the diaper-dumping neighbor's field, this is primarily a dog control problem (with a secondary issue of public health).  The neighbor has toddlers.  What happens if the dogs-they-don't-own come over to visit and decide to get their toddler-protein at source?

If it's the dog owner's field, this is a straight-forward public health matter.  It wasn't clear to me which was which in the OP.

21 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Suggest to them to put a large bin outside, so they can get some throwing practice, instead of just dumping the diapers

I'm thinking about a new sport thing:  The Hill Billy Olympics   This could be the next shot-put.

• Like 1

uhh correct me if I'm wrong but don't most subdivisions have community rules to follow?  Friend of mine in Buffalo Grove, IL was tattled on by neighbors because of the tutoring she was doing in her own home.  Mitzvah tutoring, etc.

Ok.  I still stand by what I previously said, however some points have been raised.  Who owns the property where the diapers are being dumped?  If it's a third party, even their landlord, It should be brought to his attention weather he is aware of it or not.  If he's not aware of it, let him know it could be a safety hazard and also (good idea to check first with the city or township), against the law.  He will not want a possible lawsuit or fine as the property owner and can call the police on the people in the house for illegal dumping if he owns the land.  If he is also the landlord, same applies as far as the law and he can tell them either stop tossing diapers out on the lawn or they will be evicted.  If the people themselves own and do not rent, then the only recourse is to check to see if their actions violate the law.  Even if it's OK for them to dump their trash in a burn pile, there could be laws affecting how their actions may create unpleasantness for the neighbors.  for example:  If you just toss paper and cardboard it may not bother anyone.  On the other hand, even if it's legal to dump your trash on a burn pile, if the smell from the garbage or dirty diapers on a hot day gets to the point it can be smelled by neighbors, it now becomes a public nusense depriving neighbors from enjoying a day out in their own yards.

This brings up the other point.  If the dogs are running around and dragging the diapers all over the place, it's the dogs that are not under the owners control and trespassing on someone else's property.  Rather that the new couple with the kids and diapers getting in trouble or fined, the dog owners could be fined for unleashed dogs not in their control running on someone else's property causing litter to be scattered.  It's the absolute truth.  It's no different from your dog running off your own property and biting a child or other human, or attacking someone else's dog or cat.  If your dog goes off your property and does any damage, you as the dog owner are responsible, not the guy who tosses his kids dirty diapers off the back porch onto a pile in his own yard, weather he has a fence up or not.  It's still his property weather he has it fenced or not if your dogs go there.  In some jurisdictions, he may even be within his rights to shoot dogs that come onto his property and do damage. 

I found one copy on YouTube that was apparently geoblocked for the USA. That was odd.  "Not available for your country"

that video is hilarious!  My favorite part of SNL has always been the spoof commericals.

Let me try to make this clearer.  

First off, this is RURAL, so my title is really incorrect.  

Secondly, this is not what you usually think of as subdivision.  We always called it a subdivision growing up, but it's nothing like the subdivision you'd see in suburbs.  It's a road that goes out into the country with one acre plots on either side completely surrounded by corn and soybean fields.  No sidewalks,  no community organisations and rules.  You guys are thinking country club here LOL.

Third, the field behind the houses on my parent's side is owned by farmers.  Farmers around here are very pragmatic about their fields, there are two rules, don't mess up the crops, and no hunting without permission.  My family has permission to deer hunt their fields and has been for years.  The diapers are in the field, the burn pile which is the grass access road, and in the neighbors yard.  Look at it this way, my parents have been doing the same thing with dogs since my dad built the house in 1977.  They've  had several different neighbors with diapered children all around and none of the neighbors have ever tossed dirty diapers in a pile behind their house.  

Fourth, In regards to the dogs being out of control.  That is true I suppose.  I'm not sure if my parents even own leashes.  They don't call it taking the dogs for a walk, they call it running the dogs.  They walk the dogs out into the fields and they run like mad all over searching for animals to flush out, and interesting smells, which are usually carcasses.  When they return home they usually let them roam about the yard for a short time while they get feed and clean their kennel.  This is where the problem lies as the dogs will keep "hunthing'  

Anyway, while it's a aggravation to my parents, it's a minor one, and they have yet to get aggravated enough to do anything but casually say something.  It was mainly big shock to me when I visited and saw pampers allover my parents back yard.  

You have to agree you didn't go into that kind of detail in your original post.  In ordinary situations of a subdivision with other houses around, my comments about the diaper neighbors possibly breaking the law by dumping their diapers outside in a burn pile, weather they are owners or renters can apply in normal situations.  Likewise, if my dog went off my property in my "subdivision" and caused damage, injury to someone or a trash mess, I would be responsible in the eyes of the law.