LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper supplies

Hey! I'm. not sure this is really relivant....but it might be. With the current situation with the virus and China in veneral, my thought was about the fact that most everything is manufactured in China these days. The virus isn't helping at all, and the Chinese economy in general is deteriorating badly, so I' m wondering where manufacturers and sellers of disposables will go or do about the situation. It's not like you can just take a diaper machine, pick up and go somewhere else!! 

There is a strong chance that supplies of our beloved disposables might start to become scarce due to what is happening over seas. I'm not " fear- mongering" or anything, just passing along a concern that things are changing and precautions or changes of suppiles or products might be in order in the near future.

Thought I do enjoy the various brands of disposables I have tried, my preference is cloth prefolds, so in general I'm not ☺worried as I have plenty of cloth diapers to keep me padded and happy for a long time, but I know thats not the case with everyone.... Just some precautions and forward thinking......or not. Might be just blowing bubbles in my pond and not worth listening to, or it could turn out to be a real problem for some..... Just thinking. 

Qwack

Yep, it seems that everything is either made in China or made from stuff that comes from China.  I know however that in my industry (IT), our China factories are mostly back up and running and ramping productivity.  It's not perfect and there are supply chain constraints for sure but it's not the dead stop that some folk think it is.  Of course diapers and computers aren't made of the same stuff but in the same way the whole of Australia did not burn down in January, the whole of China has not shut.

There might be  some endpoint country distribution logistics constraints.  Whilst some think the peak may have passed in China, the party is just starting elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

I have ordered from ABU Europe and the package has been sent, so when it arrives I'll be set for the summer

I have cloth-like in reserve, and if desperate, I also have cloth diapers 

So far china is almost at 100% it will take i think about 2 to 3 month before every thing go back to normal around Canada, the US, and some other places that how long the virus lasted in china and with all the precaution in place i think it will take less time than that. (I hope???)

36 minutes ago, SoggySoCal said:

I doubt we’ll see a significant impact in the long run. Thankfully I’m prepared to weather a storm should one arise. 

image.jpg

WOW, how much of that can you measure in pee? 6000ml x “X” amount of diapers = ? ?

4 hours ago, SoggySoCal said:

I doubt we’ll see a significant impact in the long run. Thankfully I’m prepared to weather a storm should one arise. 

image.jpg

WOW!!! I was wondering where all the ABU kiddos went....now I know!!!  That's pretty hard core....but I don't worry to much as I have a pretty good stash as well☺

Now I wonder if I have enough, and if I should buy more..

My only fear at this point is that I will be too sick to pick it up and none else to pick iot up for me, without outing myself 

10 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

WOW, how much of that can you measure in pee? 6000ml x “X” amount of diapers = ? ?

Not sure. I’ll I know is my garbage can is heavy as hell every week.

7 hours ago, square_duck said:

WOW!!! I was wondering where all the ABU kiddos went....now I know!!!  That's pretty hard core....but I don't worry to much as I have a pretty good stash as well☺

most of what’s pictured is PeakABUs and SDK’s. Everything in the boxes is the latest run of SDK’s with the darker blue lining. I really like the run so I bought a bunch before it gets changed again. ABU has product shortage often on some stuff. This is actually one of the reasons why I buy so many at once. Plus you get a better price on a case. 

4 hours ago, Dubious said:

Now I wonder if I have enough, and if I should buy more..

My only fear at this point is that I will be too sick to pick it up and none else to pick iot up for me, without outing myself 

I like my hoard. The only reason it was all in one spot on the floor in my guest bedroom is because my solar installer needed to get get into my attic to inspect the roof. My access point is in my master closet. So I got to hastily move everything you see in about 20 minutes while he did his exterior inspection. Now I have to reorganize everything and put it back on the shelfs. 

1 hour ago, adam4landry said:

I hope you got enough wipes to go with the diapers ?

I have a case of the north shore wipes.  

I have one and a half containers of baby powder and just got a new bottle of baby lotion to go with my remaining 1/5th of a bottle. I ALWAYS have a sufficient supply if diapers. If I run low, I just wash them as I have done for 10 years. If we are buttoned up for two months  with nobody about,. I will be fine, I can binge-hug my dollies and binge-wear. Shall I say I will be in ...erm....are you ready?....here it comes...PARADISE

45 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

I have one and a half containers of baby powder and just got a new bottle of baby lotion to go with my remaining 1/5th of a bottle. I ALWAYS have a sufficient supply if diapers. If I run low, I just wash them as I have done for 10 years. If we are buttoned up for two months  with nobody about,. I will be fine, I can binge-hug my dollies and binge-wear. Shall I say I will be in ...erm....are you ready?....here it comes...PARADISE

Yep.  It’s in times like this that cloth diapers show their true benefits. 

I have four dozen cloth diapers and 18 pair of plastic pants. I live in the country and have my own well, so I should be fine for a long time. And, yes I have plenty of laundry soap. I even have a clothes line to hang them outside if we get some decent weather.