LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing a diaper while flying

Young1

I fly a lot these days (United 1K...) and am usually diapered going into the airport (always on the plane; sometimes I change after security.)   An experience I had in Frankfurt a month ago was the first time there was any 'issue'.  I was in a hurry getting between flights (for some reason I had to exit security, and go back through) and didn't have time to change my wet diaper from the previous flight because I was in a hurry to catch the next.  I went through, and something got flagged.  The security person asked my to untuck my shirt... which I couldn't, because it was a onesie.  (Subtle, white t-shirt style, under my button-down shirt.)  We had a little back and forth, while he tried to figure out why I couldn't pull out my t-shirt and had something that had been flagged in my crotch until I remembered the tiny bit of German I knew and kind of muttered "Ich bein ein windel tragen", or something close enough.  He looked up, a little surprised, looked back down, and gestured that I was free to go.  

In all the many, many times I've been through security diapered, that's the only time I've had to explain anything.   

My experience with TSA.  I flew diapered, Tena Maxi with a cotton Suprima brief with waterproof panel to add additional support\compression.  I passed through TSA security twice on my round trip flight. The first inspection they did a quick check of my right shoulder with a pat down, no diaper issues.  I have no clue what would have set off an alert. I had been carrying my laptop bag on my right shoulder so it may have been warmer/damp from perspiration. On the second TSA check, the same check of the right shoulder.  This time I was able to see the display. Sure enough the right shoulder had a big yellow splotch, but my diaper area was also showing bright yellow. No comments about or inspection of the diaper. It should be noted that I’m older and likely the the agents just figured “diaper”, but that I wasn’t a threat to national security.  I’ve read one of the keys to passing the screening is behavior. If one seems nervous it’s an immediate flag. Fortunately I'm very comfortable with wearing diapers.

I have been wearing a booster in my Unicorn diapers recently.  This seems to guarantee my crotch area is highlighted by the scanner.  I will say it would seem that the TSA officers have taken some sort of diaper sensitivity training.  In the past they almost ALWAYS would lift my shirt exposing my diaper to everyone even if I explain to them I am diapered.  Now they simply feel my waistband through my shirt.  They also spend much less time pushing in and around my diaper area.  Just an observation from a frequent flyer diapered permanently.

Somewhere there's a comic (I thought it was Eyebeam but I can't find it on his site), where the TSA is looking at the screen of the body scanner with a clip board.   They are ticking off a tally of boxers vs. briefs.

I like to use baby diaper pins for extra security through the tapes of my diapers.  Will this cause extra problems?
I would expect it to. And the wand they use to check that area will also detect the pins. If you don't mind the second screening behind a blind, then go for it. If you are not comfortable with that then leave the pins out for the traveling phase of your trip.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

On 12/31/2019 at 9:35 AM, dlinmsp said:

I like to use baby diaper pins for extra security through the tapes of my diapers.  Will this cause extra problems?

Don't have anything metal in your diaper area or on your body when you go through the scanners. They are designed to detect anything metal. Just put the pins in your bag and put them on after security.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:45 PM, CuckoldedBabyGirl said:

I have been wearing a booster in my Unicorn diapers recently.  This seems to guarantee my crotch area is highlighted by the scanner.  I will say it would seem that the TSA officers have taken some sort of diaper sensitivity training.  In the past they almost ALWAYS would lift my shirt exposing my diaper to everyone even if I explain to them I am diapered.  Now they simply feel my waistband through my shirt.  They also spend much less time pushing in and around my diaper area.  Just an observation from a frequent flyer diapered permanently.

That's not suppressing at all. A diaper shouldn't be problematic following the high-profile and well publicized incident of the TSA making an elderly woman who had Alzheimer's disease remover her diaper during an airport security screening a few years back.

I am flying at the moment (typing this from the business class lounge in the airport). I wore a Rearz Safari (dry) through security in Munich and got flagged. It looks like Germany uses the old style millimeter wave detection scanners. These ones always seem to flag my diaper, regardless of whether it was wet or dry. Anyway, it was a painless process. The security dude felt my diaper, asked me what it was, and I told him it was a diaper. He promptly sent me on my way. 

That's why I like to use Snappis :)

I've actually had the (US) TSA grope my diaper area after I was selected for "random" screening (I was in some outlying place that didn't have nud-o-vision).   He didn't make any comment about the extra padding at all.

5 hours ago, thickdiaperedbaby said:

I am flying at the moment (typing this from the business class lounge in the airport). I wore a Rearz Safari (dry) through security in Munich and got flagged. It looks like Germany uses the old style millimeter wave detection scanners. These ones always seem to flag my diaper, regardless of whether it was wet or dry. Anyway, it was a painless process. The security dude felt my diaper, asked me what it was, and I told him it was a diaper. He promptly sent me on my way. 

Yes, I have noticed the same thing when traveling through Europe.  Those machines will ALWAYS flag your diaper regardless.  Luckily for me majority of my flights are domestic.

• 3 months later...