LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Too many strangers.

I’ve been keeping an eye one the Meeting Place subsection and have noticed a trend. A majority of the people who post up have had zero activity on the forum prior and are basically total strangers. I have had a few people post up in my area who might be cool people but I will never know because I have zero interest getting to know a total stranger. Most if not all of us in here are probably pretty protective of our identity and social standing and would like to keep our diapers a secret. Keeping secrets means minimizing risk. I’d like to have a DL friend, but I personally will not reach out to anyone who I know nothing about. If you’re active on here it lets people get an idea of who you are and helps them decide if reaching out to you is worth the risk. That’s my two cents at least. I can’t be the only one who thinks it’s a bit silly for people to expect to make friends this way. What do you guys think?  

• Like 2

Activity and profile are honestly two of the very first things my Daddy and I check. Then it's what people are looking to find. We are open to meeting new people who could become friends but we aren't looking for playmates. My Daddy has no interest in being a Daddy to anyone else and I don't want little playdates as I prefer my little time to be strictly with Daddy.

People with little posting history or blank profiles looking for play partners or friends isnt just an issue here though it's pretty much an online issue.

Little kaiya 

I 100% agree with you SoggySoCal.  First, I feel a person needs to have a decent profile telling some about themselves.  As I have mentioned before, you don't need to give all your personal information on where you work, what kind of job you do, your address and details like, "I live in Crab Apple Junction on Applesauce street and I'm the third house from the corner on the right side, the one with the white picket fence and brown shutters.  I work in the deli at Mussleman's downtown".   Just say you live in "Southwest Iowa", your 35 years old, your a DL or AB, some of what you enjoy doing as far as this lifestyle and other activities.  That tells about you but is general enough that anyone you may know who might possibly stumble upon this site and surf the member profiles won't make a connection to you.  I say this for many reasons.  You can remain privet about your lifestyle but by giving some general information you are also letting others here know that you are open to participation and want to give some information on your likes and dislikes.  The last thing someone wants to do is either think of a future meet with someone and find out that they are strictly AB when the other person is DL only, or vice versa.  You meet with the idea of talking when the other person is expecting you to be their mommy, daddy, cuddle with them and change their diapers.  Not a good situation.

I had a local DL friend who was a member here until he passed away a little over 2 years ago (babylin).  I finally agreed to meet him in person to go out fishing in Lake Michigan, but that was after trading messages for 2 years and getting to know him first.  Even though his name here was babylin, the closest he ever got to any baby activity was once he used a pacifier in the boat for about a minute.  No baby stuff, no diaper changes or anything.  Just 2 friends out in the lake fishing and talking in our shirts and diapers or having lunch a few times a year at the local buffet.  I did do some work at his house one Sunday when his wife was out of town, working on some electrical outlets and both of us were in just shirts and diapers, but that was it.  That was after knowing him for 10 years as well.

I like people with profiles telling a little about themselves, but I wouldn't totally write someone off if they didn't have a lot of profile info or hadn't posted here much.  I would be a bit reserved but I would trade some messages to see if there was any point in continuing.  You really need to get to know the other person first for compatibility and also safety.  Trading messages for a while is a good way to start.

While I realize it might reduce site traffic, I wish there was more oversight on new memberships.  This would include an admin approving membership after a profile completion, email verification and even an age verification (not sure how that could be accomplished without restricting access).  

I have always had concerns about minors frequenting the site - bad stuff for both the minor and anyone unknowingly engaging them.  Also, unscrupulous people - soliciting info or doing other malicious activities.  Finally, creepy people - annoying and harassing members (mainly our shy members who may be reluctant to be themselves or enjoy themselves here).  This last part is not limited to males harassing females, I have had some creepy males troll me in the past, which pulled me back into my metaphorical shell.

Decent profiles are the first thing I look for.  I’ve had numerous users approach me in chat, only to be new members with no profile....  

Just venting here, but you are on point.

Joey 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, Joey_AB_DL said:

While I realize it might reduce site traffic, I wish there was more oversight on new memberships.  This would include an admin approving membership after a profile completion, email verification and even an age verification (not sure how that could be accomplished without restricting access).  

I have always had concerns about minors frequenting the site - bad stuff for both the minor and anyone unknowingly engaging them.  Also, unscrupulous people - soliciting info or doing other malicious activities.  Finally, creepy people - annoying and harassing members (mainly our shy members who may be reluctant to be themselves or enjoy themselves here).  This last part is not limited to males harassing females, I have had some creepy males troll me in the past, which pulled me back into my metaphorical shell.

Decent profiles are the first thing I look for.  I’ve had numerous users approach me in chat, only to be new members with no profile....  

Just venting here, but you are on point.

Joey 

The admins/mods already check for minors here.  Keep in mind that minors typically are not all that smart.

About profiles, there's reasons why someone would not fill out their profile.  Some (like me when I first joined DD) are not used to being open about their ABDL side and might have more courage after they've been around a while.  Also some people are in extremely conservative areas where being outed would cost them a lot more than just embarrasment.

That being said, it is annoying when people expect to meet without really saying anything about themselves.  I guess a proper balance is key.

• Like 2

Youwould be surprised to see how many persons are registered but inactive. Put a common nome or ABDL characteristic in the searcy engine after selectin "Memmbers". Some going back to 2007. Those inactive files could use a good scrubbing. They take up names that others may want to use. I would say 5 years of inactive residence should be enough to get the file delete

• Thanks 1

Another thing I do not get involved with is someone who has been here for over two months and in Diapers still has "Just curious" -- That gets stale fast and I do not want to develop a relation with someone who is here today and gone tomorrow: Drive it or park it

Along with a strong profile that is not mondo bizarro, I look at the About Mes

being totally fair, theres always a vanilla meet in a public space or a video chat before hand. i dont care if you have 1000 posts or 0, 500 reputation or 0. i need a real chat first. 

because i can totally go on the internet and spread lies, legit nothing is stopping me.

so i think 0 posts and 0 rep are justified in their quest to meet, how else are they supposed to get started when they feel they dont belong anywhere and they need that first encounter?

not everyone is a "techie" or a "youngin" who knows what a forum or a profile is and i think thats understandable. 

and lets be real here, the internet as a whole is very judgy and has an idea in mind about desierable/undesierable and very superficial. if you're not ultra politically correct, thats a near death sentence on almost any website.

or theres people who are quiet, timid, and dont have something to say, they dont want to open up save to maybe 1.

1. This is 2019, not 2002 or even 2009. Persons on the internet who do not know what a forum is who sign up for one have to be as rare as hens' teeth and they would be mostly in their 80's, not 20's or even 40's. By now, you do not have to be a "techie" to know how to use a forum. After about 5 minutes of looking around, 90% of sign-ups get it

2. If you go to a fetish site, the "Internet judgy"ness is at a minimum

3. I am talking about persons who have been around for awhile. They could at least hit the Newbie Nursery

My guess is that the double-0's are just here for chat and really do not contribute to the community

Of course it could be spam accounts. Some 9 years ago there was a startup diaper forum that kept getting bombarded by spam accounts form China to the tune of abut 30/day and the owners spent most of their time clearing these fakes out. That forum had much promise but it went out due to the work needed to clean out  the junk