LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

8 minutes ago, Gentle Gemma said:

I know!  Worst feeling in the world! 

We need some time traveler form the end of the universe to  bring us the sum total of all the stories that were published so I could binge read all of them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chapter 45

Jamie was nervous as he stood on Stacy’s front porch with a pan of Becky’s brownies waiting for the door to open. He didn’t need to be, he kept reminding himself. He’d seen Ella just a few days ago. It was just that Stacy was keeping her home more often when she would normally be at Becky’s during the day while Stacy worked. Jame was worried that had something to do with him, that rather than take a burden off Ella by being her friend and partner and making her feel happy and secure, he had somehow done the opposite and made her feel more comfortable alone with Stacy. Or it could all be in Jamie’s head and her staying home had nothing to do with him. Jamie never trusted his instincts when it came to his sense of how other people felt about him. He’d always been insecure that way, partly due to his childhood bouncing around inside the foster care system. He straightened up when he heard the lock turn in the door.

“O wow,” Stacy said when she opened the door and saw how much food Becky, Amanda, and Jamie were holding. “You didn’t need to go to all this trouble.”

“No trouble,” Becky responded as she slipped past Stacy with her daughter and little following her into the kitchen. Jamie’s arms were getting tired from holding such a heavy pan, and he was relieved when Amanda took it from him. 

“I’m gonna go...,” he started to say.

“Go on,” Amanda said back.

If Ella wasn’t in the living room then she was in her bedroom. Jamie walked down the hallway with his stomach feeling tight. Ella’s door was open, but all he saw was Yogi, a great mound of furry therapy dog curled up on the floor. “Ella,” Jamie asked.

“Here,” Ella responded, sticking her hand in the air so Jamie could see it just over Yogi’s hump. 

“Can I come in?”

“Of course. I’ll scooch over.” Jamie liked Yogi, and Yogi largely ignored Jamie. He wasn’t Yogi’s person, so what did the six hundred pound Yogi need to worry about. Jamie walked around the dog and sat down in the space Ella made for him in the curl of Yogi’s body. He leaned back into the animal. The ceiling fan was on, making the warmth of the animal and it’s deep fur tolerable.

“So,” Jamie said.

“Is that all,” Ella asked, leaning over and kissing Jamie. 

“I missed you,” Jamie said. He kissed her back.

“We saw each other a few days ago.”

“I know. I’m just used to seeing you more often. How are you doing?”

“Okay. Sorry I didn’t come over yesterday. I just, well, you know. Needed to get used to the idea that Mom and Dad are a car ride away.” Her not mentioning her brothers and sister caught Jamie’s attention, but he didn’t ask about it. 

“And now?”

“Used to it. Gonna be hard, waiting nine more days.”

“Have you worked out the first meeting with them?”

“The hotel. The lawyer talked us into it, and he’s gonna be there, too. To mediate, he said, if we need it.”

That made Jamie nervous. He knew from his previous life that lawyers are cautious by training. He didn’t know if there were a particular reason for the lawyer to be there or if were just an abundance of caution. He appreciated the man was being careful, though.

“There’s a lounge we’re gonna meet in.  Neutral, private. I went there with Stacy and Mary.”

“I saw Mary recently,” Jamie said without thinking. Jamie regretted that. He didn’t want to bring the conversation around to his own needs.

“She’s helpful. Didn’t want to admit it, but she is,” Ella said.

“Why didn’t you want to admit it?”

“She’s a big. I’m less angry now, though,” Ella said.

“What do you need from me,” Jamie asked after considering whether to be blunt about it or not. Jamie struggled with being too blunt or so subtle that people often missed his point. It was less a problem with his people, but when he was nervous, he lost some social intelligence.

“I want you to meet them.” Jamie knew that. They hadn’t discussed it further. They didn’t know when or where. “And...” Ella paused. “Just... be there for me.”

“Always,” Jamie said, reaching over and taking her hand. “But you gotta promise me that you’ll let me.”

“I do,” she said without sounding very sure of herself.

“These last few days, I just so wanted to be with you. I don’t want you to be alone in all this. I worry about you.”

“I wasn’t alone.”

“I mean ... You know what I mean.”

That this had all dragged on so long was itself part of the problem. Ella had gone through the original trauma and emerged from it, the knowledge of her family’s knowledge becoming normal, fading into the background. Now that their reunion was imminent, it seemed like Ella was going through the traumas stage again, but this time withdrawing from everyone where before she’d withdrawn from Stacy and other bigs only.

“I’m sorry,” Ella said. “I just don’t even know what to say about all this.”

“You don’t have to say anything. We can be quiet together.”

“Quiet together,” Ella repeated.

“I love you, Ellafaire,” Jamie said.

“I love you, James Patrick.”

“What will we tell your family about us,” Jamie asked.

“The truth. We’ll find some alone time with them. After the first meeting or two.”

“How long will they be here for?”

“It’s open ended. I’m not sure.”

“Well, What are we gonna do for the next nine days?”

“Try to stay busy, I guess.”

Amanda quietly put her head around the corner and saw the tops of their heads over Yogi. She didn’t want to eavesdrop. She only wanted to make sure they were okay. She went back to the kitchen, where Stacy was rearranging her fridge and freezer to fit what Becky had made for her. Amanda started thinking of ways to keep them entertained. She agreed with Ella: some down time can be helpful, but too much turns into time to wallow.

• Like 12

Hooray! Another update on the (soon to be considered) mythical sage of Jamie. What a wonderfully heartwarming addition to it too! Thank-you kindly for getting me my fix, I really needed a Jamie update after this last week. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Woah!  An update from the future!!!!!  

image.png.4920a0ac637851511dfe31495206407e.png

Like it even matters. There’s weekdays, and weekends, and times when you’re at work, and times when you’re not. Getting more specific than that is asking for all kinds of trouble. It leads to things like meetings and conference calls and alarms that go off when it’s still dark out.

9 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

Like it even matters. There’s weekdays, and weekends, and times when you’re at work, and times when you’re not. Getting more specific than that is asking for all kinds of trouble. It leads to things like meetings and conference calls and alarms that go off when it’s still dark out.

I thought it was funny, that's all.  ;) 

Chapter 46

Ella liked water almost as much as Jamie, but for a different reason. The water displaced her weight, making it easier to move, almost like she’d never been in Aidu. She could even swim laps, not very fast, but she could, and that was the point. She’d swim alongside Jamie, and Becky or Amanda would sit at the end of the pool with their book or magazine. She knew they didn’t do that when Jamie swam laps at their pool, and she appreciated it. Ella finished her swim before Jamie, and he decided to get out as well.

“You don’t have to,” she told him.

“I’ll get back in later.

“Are you tired already?”

“A little. Don’t know why.”

“Maybe you need more sleep.”

“Maybe.” They were staying at the pool until after nap time. They’d sleep in the shade. They were sitting on the edge of the pool with their feet in the water. Ella reached behind her and grabbed her towel to cover herself up. Jamie looked across the pool deck. “We should go say hello to Lauren and Sammy,” Jamie said. They’d arrived while the two of them were in the water.

The two walked across the deck. Most of the pool goers recognized Jamie. They knew to let him be and not panic when they saw him swimming alone. Of course, some didn’t know, and people brought guests, but it was largely not a problem. Amanda, seeing they were walking back to their chairs, started to do the same from the deep end of the pool.

“Hi, Lauren,” Jamie said as they approached. Sammy was in fine toddler spirits, which is to say he was ready to bounce around like a pinball as soon as his mother was done spreading lotion on him.

“Hi, Sammy,” Ella said.

“Hi.” 

“Hey Jamester,” Becky said when she sat up. “Come take a walk with me.”

Jamie’s eyes flitted to Ella, and he shrugged. “Okay.” Becky held out her hand, and Jamie took it. They walked past Manda walking back. Ella sat down on her chair and dried herself. She wanted to put her dress back on.

“What’s up,” Jamie asked. They were walking by the snack bar.

“Are you hungry? Do you want anything,” Becky asked.

“Not yet,” Jamie told her. It was close enough to lunch time; he’d wait. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah. Can we sit for a minute?” Jamie nodded nervously, and Becky sat down and lifted him into her lap. “Been a while since we last saw Sammy, huh?”

“Um, yes,” Jamie said. He didn’t know what her point was but it made him wonder if maybe something was wrong with Sammy.

“He’s grown a bit, hasn’t he?”

“Is he okay,” Jamie asked.

“Of course! He’s doing great. He’s getting to be a big boy. That’s what I want to talk with you about.”

Jamie nodded, still not sure where this was going.

Becky started again, “Sammy is in pull ups now.”

“I know,” Jamie reminded her.

“I just want you to know that you shouldn’t compare yourself to Sammy. I like you  way you are, and I’ll love you forever.”

“I ... love you too?” Jamie still wasn’t sure what her point was. He didn’t compare himself to Sammy. Sammy was a toddler. Jamie was an adult.

“I’m saying, Baby Bear, that I don’t love you any less just because you’ll always be in diapers,” Becky said with a reassuring pat to Jamie’s shoulder. “And I don’t want you feeling bad about not graduating to big boy pull ups.”

Jamie’s mind went blank as his eyes flitted left and right as though looking for a hidden camera to complete the joke, but he knew she wasn’t joking. He exhaled and realized he’d been holding his breath. He wasn’t even sure what he was supposed to say in response to that. “Um ... I ... won’t?”

“Good. Are you ready to go back and play?”

“How long have you been worried about this,” Jamie asked.

“Since we last saw Sammy.”

“Huh. That’s sweet of you. I’m ... I don’t compare myself to Sammy.” And he was resigned to diapers as just part of being a little. He hadn’t given it any thought at all in years until now. He didn’t even trust himself out of some kind of protection, certainly not if he’d been drinking a lot of milk. But now he wondered what it would be like to have the option of the toilet again. He decided to put it out of mind, however, at least for the day. He could always talk about it with Manda if he needed to. He certainly didn’t need to tell Ella. That would only get her going on bigs again, and he didn’t need one of the people in his life secretly mad at one of the other people in his life on his behalf.

“Good,” Becky said. “Can I tell you a secret,” she asked mischievously.

“Yeah,” he said, his eyes brightening when hers did. She looked relieved.

“I like you a lot more than Sammy.” Jamie couldn’t help but laugh. It was so silly. Of course she did. He was hers, after all. She wouldn’t be much of a little mom if she didn’t. 

“I know. I like you, too.” He leaned in and gave her a hug, which she returned and completed by kissing the top of his head.

“Ready now?”

“Yeah.” She stood up with Jamie on her hip and walked back to the group.

———————

“Mel is gonna be here after lunch,” Amanda said as they sat around a table eating poolside. She had a job interview that morning. Amanda decided not to tell Jamie, and she asked Mel not to tell him either. Her goal was to make the next several days until the reunion as fun and happy as possible. She didn’t talk about the move. She packed only when Jamie was asleep, and she hid the boxes in the basement.

“That reminds me,” Ella said. “Weren’t we going to teach you to ride a bike this summer?”

“Um...” Amanda responded. “I don’t...”

“It would be nice to be able to ride to campus,” Becky interjected. “It would save you some money, too.”

“Well, I still have to pick up Jamie after school,” Amanda reminded her.

“You can ride home first. It’s on the way.”

“I’m sure you can do it,” Jamie assured her. “And you’ll learn fast. And it’s not so scary falling off.”

“I miss it,” Ella said. She wasn’t sure whether she’d be able to ride or not. 

“Can I get a bike,” Jamie asked, uncharacteristic for him since he rarely asked for anything. They’d talked about it for a whole five seconds back toward the beginning of the summer.

“If Manda does,” Becky responded. “You need a big to ride with.” Lauren had her hands full trying to feed Sammy and wasn’t paying much attention to the conversation.

“Please,” Jamie asked Manda, doing his best not to laugh because he knew damn well the mere act of saying please to Manda could get her to do almost anything for him. He didn’t want to have to bat his eyes, but he wasn’t above doing it if he had to in order to seal the deal.

“Sure,” Amanda said. “If you promise to help me learn and don’t make fun of me.”

“Make fun of you for what,” Mel said as she approached from behind.

“We’re gonna teach Amanda to ride a bike,” Ella said.

“That’s right! I’d forgotten about that,” Mel said. The beginning of the summer seemed like a long time ago.

“And I won’t make fun,” Jamie said, “Because Mel will.”

“I will not!”

“You will, too,” Manda shot back. Gently ribbing between friends was okay.

“If I was gonna make fun of you,” Mel said as she pulled out a chair, “I’d have already done it just because you can’t ride a bike.”

“I can ride a bike,” Manda reframed the issue, “it’s just that I haven’t yet.”

“We can go tomorrow to get you each a bike,” Becky offered. “This’ll be fun.”

“Why don’t you get one, too,” Jamie asked. “It can something we do as a family.”

“I haven’t ridden a bike in a long time,” Becky begged off.

“So? It’s fun,” Jamie told her.

“I’d do it if I could,” Ella spoke up. “I used to all the time. I think I’ll ask my physical therapist if that’s something I could do again.”

“Well, we’ll see what it costs,” Becky decided.

After lunch, Jamie and Ella went to the little pool and relaxed against the edge. They had it to themselves while Lauren and Amanda played with Sammy in the kiddie pool and Becky and Mel sunned themselves. Jamie had his elbows on the top of the wall as he reclined. “I wonder what Amanda’s classmates would do if they were here with us. Probably be observing the rare pairing of unregressed littles.”

“What would we do?”

“I dunno. Shock them by doing something so unlike the average little they’d murmur and scribble in their notebooks. Like taxes. We could do our taxes,” he giggled.

“I never had to do that.”

“Well, it’s not as hard as everyone makes it out to be.”

“Great,” Ella said as she looked up, “bigs.” A trio of big children were coming their way.

“We’ll ignore them.” They continued talking as the kids started splashing around. The pool was large enough for them all. It would get more crowded after the lunch hour. It always was. Still, they were bigs in a pool for littles, so it wasn’t the peaceful dip that Jamie and Ella had been enjoying.

“Wanna get back in the regular pool,” Ella asked.

“I guess.” Jamie wanted to be tolerant, and he’d tried, but this irritated him. There was a regular pool, and there was a kiddie pool. These kids were a bit big for a kiddie pool, but it was still where they ought to have been rather than turning the little pool into a wave pool. “Well, not yet,” Jamie said, changing his mind. He walked up to them carefully.

“Excuse me,” Jamie said to the nearest one. The girl stopped and looked down. “Would you mind playing in the big pool? We’re littles, and this pool is for us.”

“There’s room. That can be your half,” the girl said as she gestured to the edge where Ella still was. 

“Well,” Jamie tried again, “do you think you could play more gently? We’re getting bounced around a lot.”

“That’s because you’re so small,” one of the boys said.

“Well, yes,” Jamie agreed, “and that’s why there’s a pool just for littles.” 

The other boy was growing impatient with the interruption to their rough housing and walked through the water toward them, taking deliberately large steps. He had a smile on his face. Jamie found it disquieting. “Why don’t you get out instead,” the boy said. Jamie reminded himself he was just a kid. “Because it’s the little pool, and we were here first.” Logic even a kid could understand.

Ella wanted to intervene, but she was afraid of big children. They just didn’t always know better when it came to littles. It was easy for one of them to hurt a little, and these three were nearly twice as tall as Jamie. Before she could tell Jamie to just give up, the third big picked Jamie up under the armpits.

“Put me down!”

“Stop kicking,” the boy said.

“Put me down now!”

“I’m gonna!” The boy carried Jamie to the side and set him down on his feet on the pool deck. He spun Jamie around and planted a spank on the back of his swimsuit, which didn’t hurt through the waterlogged swim diaper but did succeed in angering Jamie more than he’d been angered in a very long time. “Go play somewhere else,” the boy said as he turned around and started walking back to his friends.

Jamie started climbing back over the side. He didn’t know what he intended to do. He wasn’t thinking much at all. He just saw red and was stomping toward it.

Ella pushed herself off the wall and started toward Jamie, shouting, “Jamie! Don’t!” The three bigs turned in time to see Jamie stop where he was. 

“C’mon,” Ella said as she tugged at his elbow. “Lets go. C’mon.” Breathing harshly through his nose, Jamie got back out along with Ella. “Walk it off,” she said and they walked away. She’d never seen Jamie that kind of angry. She’d seen him lose his temper a time or two, but never to the point where he was on the verge of launching himself at a big. “Let’s just go tell Becky,” Ella said.

Jamie didn’t wanna tell Becky. As if what had just been done to him wasn’t infantilizing enough. He didn’t want to tattle. He wanted to get even. “Let’s see where they go.”

“What?”

“I wanna get even.”

“Telling Becky will get even.”

“I wanna think of a prank or something.”

“Jamie,” Ella said she stepped back around him so she was between him and the boy, “Jamie. You’re okay. It’s okay.”

“It’s not! He ...”

“I know. It’s okay. Hug.” Jamie stood still while Ella pulled herself into him for a hug. He put his arms around her after a moment. Ella felt him shaking, the effect of adrenaline. Whether it was anger or fear or both, Jamie’s body had reacted. “Calm down. You’re okay.” 

Jamie was embarrassed. He would be if he’d been alone, and it was worse in front of Ella. And he got picked up by a stranger every so often, and it always bothered him but didn’t make him angry often, not like that. The spank on the butt was definitely more than a tap. That’s what it was. He didn’t realize it, but that’s what made him so angry. It was just so demeaning. It stirred some unconscious memories. It pushed him to the edge.

“Can I let you go now,” Ella asked.

“Y-yes. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It’s okay to get angry.”

“I ... I need to sit down.”

“Let’s go tell Becky.”

“No. We don’t need to do that. She’ll just get upset, and then Manda will get upset. Let’s just forget it. It’s almost nap time anyway.”

“Are you really okay?”

“Yeah. I just ... I’m fine. Let just go sit. And get some water.”

As they walked back to their chairs, Becky saw them coming. She could see something was amiss from the way Jamie’s shoulders were slumped. “Everything alright,” she asked.

“Yes,” Ella answered. “We’re just tired. Ready for naps.”

———————-

Jamie didn’t know what he had done. This person who was so much bigger than him was angry, very angry, and was yelling at him. “What did I do,” Jamie asked. Whatever it was, he’d certainly apologize if he were in the wrong. And if he wasn’t in the wrong, surely they could work this out. They were both people, after all.

Instead of answering, the person grabbed Jamie by the wrist and pulled him toward a bench. Jamie was frightened. There were people around, but they either seemed to be deliberately ignoring his plight or else watching and not intervening, even smiling as though in approval.

The person sat down and pulled Jamie closer, and he tried to pull away but couldn’t. The person’s huge hands moved toward Jamie’s waist, and he tried to block them, but the person moved Jamie’s hands out of the way easily. Jamie tried to stop the person, but the person got Jamie’s pants and underwear down and pulled Jamie over their lap in a single motion. 

Jamie shouted and was ignored. The person began spanking Jamie, and Jamie shouted again, and then cried and cried hard, and none of this stopped the much larger person who was hitting Jamie. It hurt. It was humiliating. It was shameful. And Jamie could think of nothing he’d done to deserve to be treated so. As though he weren’t a person. As though his body were not his own. He couldn’t think of any reason anyone should be treated so. He begged the person to stop, and it didn’t stop. All it did was make the people nearby shout his name.

“Jamie! Jamie!” Amanda shook his shoulder roughly trying to get him to wake up and realize he was awake. Eyes were looking their way, and his thrashing and crying had  made Becky, Amanda, and Mel rush to his side and made Ella wake up with a jolt. “Jamie!”

He stopped thrashing, and his eyes opened wide enough that Manda could see his pupils shrink in the sunlight. He was out of breath. He was trembling. He was sweating. The tears were wet and hot on his cheek. He realized no one was hitting him. All the people watching him, gathered around him, were his people. He wasn’t back there or back then. 

“Jamie,” Becky said, “you had a nightmare.” He slumped back toward his towel, taking deep breaths. “C’mon,” she said, working her hands under him and picking him up. She started toward the locker room with him.

“That was scary,” Mel said as she sat back. 

“Night terrors,” Ella said. “I did that when I was a kid.”

“He’s never done that before,” Amanda said as she sat down next to Mel. “I mean, he has the occasional nightmare, but not like that.”

“What was wrong when you two came back from the little pool,” Mel asked.

“It was nothing,” Ella lied.

“It obviously was something,” Amanda countered, “if it had anything to do with that.”

“He wants to just drop it,” Ella said.

“Well, tough. He doesn’t get to,” Amanda replied, sounding concerned and determined. Her respect for Jamie’s privacy ended when it came to anything that hurt Jamie, even just emotionally.

“These big kids were splashing around. Jamie asked them stop, and one of them picked Jamie up, set him down on the deck, and smacked him on the butt. Jamie was pretty angry and upset.”

“What the fuck,” Amanda nearly shouted. “Which bigs?” She was looking around the deck as though she’d be able to sense which of the hundred bigs had done it.

“Amanda,” Mel said. She reached out and out a hand on Amanda’s shoulder. “Don’t lose your temper.”

“I’m just going to talk to their mom,” Amanda assured Mel.

“Jamie was embarrassed. That’s why he didn’t wanna say anything,” Ella explained. Watching Amanda, Ella would’ve thought she and Jamie had inherited the same temper if she didn’t know they weren’t actually related.

“They can’t go around hitting littles like that,” Amanda said. “Who did it?” Ella looked around the deck.

“Him. In the striped swim trunks.” Amanda got to her feet.

“Maybe you should let your mom handle this,” Mel suggested.

“He’s my little, too,” Amanda answered back.

“Then maybe I should come with you. Make sure you don’t murder anyone.”

That left Ella sitting there alone. She looked around for Lauren and Sammy and realized their things were gone. They must’ve gone home. Across the deck, it looked like Amanda was trying to get the boy to take her to his mom. Ella decided to go check on Jamie.

She didn’t actually see him in the locker room. She saw Becky’s back, her arms wrapped around Jamie as she gently him rocked back and forth; she couldn’t see him at all, buried in her chest the way he was. Ella didn’t want to interrupt. She figured Jamie would be embarrassed again. She wondered how Manda was faring.

As she started to walk away, she noticed a diaper on the bench next to Becky. She surmised Becky must’ve changed Jamie out of his nap diaper. On impulse, she grabbed it, thinking back to Jamie’s desire to get even.

Back on the pool deck, she saw that Amanda had found the boy’s mother, and the boy was standing in front of her looking very sorry to have been caught as Amanda recited a monologue and Mel stood a step behind her.

Ella felt silly standing there with a used diaper in her hand. She didn’t know how she was supposed to use it to get even. Throw it at him? That was just stupid. 

She had about a minute to come up with a better idea as she crossed the pool deck. As she got closer, she decided to go around them and come up from behind. Amanda and Ella would see her coming, though it looked like Amanda wouldn’t have noticed a plane crash at the moment, but the boy wouldn’t. As she got closer, it all came together. Ella didn’t need to do anything to the boy. His mother would do it for her. 

As casually as she could, she walked past the woman and her son from behind and dropped the diaper in their pool bag. She kept walking back to their chairs. Whether Amanda or Mel noticed, she wasn’t sure.

Becky got back to their chairs with Jamie at the same time. She set him down on his towel.

“You okay,” she asked as she sat down next to him.

“Mhmm,” he nodded.

“What were you dreaming about?”

“I don’t wanna say.”

“Well, I told Amanda what happened.” She pointed across the deck where Amanda appeared to be done and the woman appeared to be making the boy apologize. Jamie grimaced. “Becky just change you,” Ella asked. Jamie nodded. “Couldn’t find the diaper when she stood back up?” Jamie’s head shot up as he looked at Ella. “It’s in the boy’s mom’s pool bag. Kid thinks he’s in trouble now. Just wait until he has to explain what that’s doing in there.”

“Ha” Jamie honked. “Hahahahahaha!” Jamie’s hysterical laughter made Becky turn around as she packed up their things. It made her so glad to hear it, but what emotional extremes for one day. He’d need an early bath and some snuggles before bed.

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I can see the boy going home in a diaper. Or the girl that was with them, if he decided to throw the blame on her. As much as I'd love to see a big get put in diapers, I prefer women in diapers over men, but what do they say? Beggars can't be choosers? Lol

• Like 1

Poor Jamie. I can’t believe that there are big children who bully littles. I’d assume that once they got to like age 7 or 8 when they understand littles that they’d be nice to them or at least ignore them.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, littleTomás said:

Poor Jamie. I can’t believe that there are big children who bully littles. I’d assume that once they got to like age 7 or 8 when they understand littles that they’d be nice to them or at least ignore them.

I think the boy was modeling what bigs (and human adults) often do to littles kids: kid is annoying you, so point him elsewhere, give em a pat in the butt, and send them on their way.

Chapter 46 and a half

“So what kind of day was it, Jamie Bear,” Amanda asked as he sat in her lap in the rocking chair.

“Okay. I guess.”

“You got awfully quiet after Ella went home. You seemed okay until then.”

“I was just thinking.” Uh oh. That was usually Jamie’s first wrong step in getting into a bad mood.

“About that dream? It was just a dream, buddy.”

“Not that.”

“What then,” Amanda asked as she rubbed her hand up and down his back.

“That...” Jamie choked on a sob. Amanda pulled him into her chest and placed her hand on the back of his head, drawing him in close and kissing the top of his head. She wasn’t surprised. She knew his signs and anticipated he had some bad feelings he still needed to get out. Helping him do that was one of her most important jobs as his big sister.

“Shhh. You can tell me anything you need to, Baby Bear.”

“It’s ... when I was so scared. It’s ... so many people wanted to help ... because they ... hhhh ... because they love me.” Jamie let his head rest on Amanda, turning his face to the side and gently sobbing.

“We do, Jamie, we all love you very much.”

“I love you, too.”

“I bet Mommy is ready to put you to bed,” Amanda said as she stood up, patting his bottom and swaying her hips back and forth to soothe him.

“Will you share the bed with us tonight, Manda?”

“Just try and stop me, Baby Bear.”

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, Samriis said:

Just a random thought... does Jamie brush his own teeth?  Do they have little sized toothbrushes?

As an additional thought... would there be little dentists?

Presumably using toddler sized toothbrushes sourced from the toddler/little supply store full of toddler/liitle sized potties for potty trained toddlers that they don't take their littles to or talk about for fear of insurrection from the diapered littles.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Samriis said:

As an additional thought... would there be little dentists?

I think that falls under the broader category of Humanology. Thus, doctors who specialize in humans (littles) also take care of dental needs.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Presumably using toddler sized toothbrushes sourced from the toddler/little supply store full of toddler/liitle sized potties for potty trained toddlers that they don't take their littles to or talk about for fear of insurrection from the diapered littles.

I think you got it right.

5 hours ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Yay do I get a cookie? *bounces*

You can haz cookie.

2 hours ago, littleTomás said:

Can I get a cookie dipped in little formula?

If I had any, I’d drink it all myself.

• Haha 2
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)