• After two wetting
    • After a mess
    • After wetting and messing
    • After it's soaked
    • After it's leaking
    • After it's so full you waddle
    • After you can't possibly put anything more in it
    • Another diaper on top will do

None of the above.  I generally change my diaper when I get up in the morning.  Additionally, on the occasion I do wear multiple diapers a day, I generally will wear one for a set amount of time (6-8 hours) and change it, no matter the condition of the diaper.

I imagine that a lot of people, especially incontinent people, change theirs on a schedule more than on the condition of the diaper.  For example, someone people who wear diapers to work will change them around lunch time, then when they get home, then right before bed.  Others may wear fewer diapers - for example, wear one to work, change in the afternoon while at work, and then change to go to bed. 

It depends (no pun intended).  I've been wearing 24/7 for about 6 months.

A changing decision is driven more by a combination of operational opportunity and/or necessity rather than simple personal preference.  On work days, this is largely schedule driven.  I will change out of my night diaper before work.  A long-range day diaper will get changed around 4-5pm and I will go back into a night diaper at around 10:30pm.  If I'm out and about, I may need to modify this changing cadence to allow for how long I anticipate it will be before I can next change my diaper.

My diapers are nearly always wet to some extent as I practice no kind of urinary continence at all.  I am largely oblivious to the sensation of "wet" now and rely upon time and weight to estimate how close to needing a change I would be if I am off schedule.

I don't frequently mess my diaper.  If I did, I would expect that my change regime would be "event driven" and conducted with a view to not being smelly around others.  If that was not a consideration, I would change after a few hours at most to minimise the chance of rash.  When wearing diapers 24/7, rash is a risk I need to mitigate.

• 1 year later...

@thediaperedcanadian

I change after at LEAST 2 wettings, but if it can take it, I usually keep using it for 4+ Wettings:  The thing is, it should and often does depend on the diaper you put on, and what you release in it.  If they are low to mid-range quality diapers, then you may change after 1-2 wettings.  If you are wearing/using the Megamax, you will be able to extend its absorbancy with a couple Large Megamax Boosters.  I have wet x8 with 2 of them in there.

If I think its getting close to capacity, I change it:  If I MESS it, I ONLY do that once, and then change out, lest I have problems with rash or contact with feces.

Brian

I usually get my diapies changed when I've made poopies in them or pee-pees. I generally wait until I've made at least 3 pee-pees or one big poopie in my diapie.????☺️ and I like to sit in them for awhile, after all that's what a baby does!???☺️???❤️?❤️??❤️??

• Like 1

I like the sensations of a wet and messy diaper. When just wet, I don't change until I am about to leak. This could be anytime between 4-10 hours depending on my diaper and frequency and volume of wetting. I usually change my poopy diaper after 2 hours.

• Like 1