LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

I have to bang off a quick entry today, busy day at work, last day of the month and all that. First of all, I definitely, as far as I know, wet the bed last night - well, "wet the diaper" would be the more accurate description. I fell asleep like a rock, have no memory of ever stirring, and I woke up moderately wet this morning, all at the front, which suggests it happened while I was lying on my stomach, my natural sleeping position, but NOT the one I adopt when I awaken sufficiently to permission a transfer - I always roll onto my back before drifting back to sleep, because it brings the large and very capacious back of the diaper into the battle. Plus, since I tend to wear the same diaper for some or all of the next morning, usually while seated in my office, I like to reserve frontal capacity when I can. 

This momentary "incontinence" made me curious - and perhaps some of you can answer this - what are the daily, and/or nightly, wetting patterns for someone with true urinary incontinence? Or would one even know? Is it spurts, a constant dribble?

Lastly, I just realized that I had a wedding to go to next month - luckily it's been postponed because of continuing restrictions on gatherings - but, I just had a realization: I don't wear suits to work, and I haven't been to a suit-requiring event in a couple of years, so... does my suit fit over a diaper? I am going to have to take that for a test drive, in case I need a new suit. 

Patterns?

It is so random from one person to another, but often consistent for the same person over time. I hope that makes sense.

What is normal for me, may be very unusual for another. I'm a daytime wetter, dry at night. Had a few wet night episodes years ago, but since then, OK. Often dry during summer months, but usually wet during the colder/rainier months. Enjoying the last of the summer weather right now, but it means that I'm standing on the beach casting as the sun comes up. That means I need a diaper when the waves wet my feet as the sun comes up.

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Lastly, I just realized that I had a wedding to go to next month - luckily it's been postponed because of continuing restrictions on gatherings - but, I just had a realization: I don't wear suits to work, and I haven't been to a suit-requiring event in a couple of years, so... does my suit fit over a diaper? I am going to have to take that for a test drive, in case I need a new suit. 

Done the "formal event" thing.  Wore under my Tuxedo.  This is one of those use-cases for the Molicare elastic as they are fairly discreet and it's not like you're going to be laying down (where they fail).  Gary activeware PUL (black, to match the dress code) was the insurance policy.  It fitted and wife could not tell.  It worked.  Got home dry-on-the-outside.

I wear a high-capacity diaper 24/7. For the past several months, I’ve been wearing Confidry 24/7, and I very rarely have a problem with a diaper leaking (maybe once every couple of years). Since I need to wear all the time, I’ve worn a diaper under suit pants many times without encountering any problems. 

I finally have a few minutes to relate my Q & A session with my mom regarding when I got out of diapers. Some of you can skip this next bit, as I've related it several times already, but for those who haven't read that far back (I don't blame you)... background: I got out of day diapers at a pretty normal age - somewhere around three - but I wore diapers to bed and on long and/or late night trips until I was about 10. I don't really have any recollection of when I stopped wearing diapers, I just know that I was no longer wearing one to bed with any frequency by the time I was 11, and then I started secretly fashioning my own diapers out of towels, pillow cases and cut up shopping bags, and wearing them to bed, when I was maybe 12. 

I've related before that I have what I would call frustratingly few clear memories of those years wearing diapers to bed; I have snippets here and there, certain incidents, and a generalized recollection of how it worked, and I believe that I can surmise what I must have felt like most of the time back then by the fact that I went along with it willingly most of the time. I don't know exactly when I started "liking" diapers, but I know I was fascinated by them even as a very little kid. For the most part, it seems like I didn't mind wearing them, except when people, and particularly kids, from outside our family were around. However, memory is a strange thing, and I've related before that I have certain recollections, such as frequently wearing cloth diapers, that my mom flatly skewered in a conversation about a year ago - she said that she didn't like cloth diapers and only used them if she had to. 

I realized a while back that I have no recollection of when I stopped wearing diapers, essentially. I recalled prior instances of my parents trying to wean me off of them, using reward stickers and waking me up every couple of hours, etc, but I always ended up wearing diapers to bed after a few days of constant laundry. I wanted to ask my mom, how did I finally get out of them? I had some old album photos that had recently been posted on Facebook, which I used as an impetus for the conversation, so that it wouldn't be a complete non sequitur. So armed, I asked, was there a day when a line in the sand was drawn? 

She had to think about it for a moment, but as far she could recall, I started going stretches of a few days without wetting the bed, and after a period like that, she thinks I just stopped putting them on every night . She thinks the final straw might have been a visit from my aunt, and a cousin who was around my age. In anticipation of him sleeping in my room for a few days, I apparently pulled all the diapers out of my dresser, put them into the box, and took the box out of my closet, moving it out into the hall closet. Once she said that, I did recall moving a box of diapers out of my room - and this is key - I recalled thinking at the time that they wouldn't be very far away if I needed them. That opened up for me a series of other recollections, of taking a diaper out of the hall closet once in a while. I have no idea of the frequency with which I did that, but it seems like I was essentially at that point on the path that probably lead me to where I am today - I started wearing diapers "recreationally", putting them on once in a while, because it felt good, and not because I really needed them. 

I'm guessing that when I finally ran that box down to zero, I was probably too ashamed to ask for another, as by then I was at least 11, and nighttime wettings and being diapered were well in the rear-view mirror. I was putting aside childish things, and that included childish nightwear... except that I obviously didn't want to put it behind me (no pun intended), because it wasn't long until I was figuring out how to diaper myself again, but this time, without any help or anyone else's knowledge. Well, for a while - then my step-father found my homemade diaper stash under my dresser and yelled at me about it in front of my entire family, but that's another chapter. 

Well, the family is at a cottage we rented, and I'm joining them in a couple of days, but for now I'm enjoying being able to work around the house in just a diaper and a shirt - a golf shirt, so that I look semi-professional for zoom calls and such. I just have to remember not to stand up... 

Being open about being in diapers has enabled me to spend more leisure time with my family; I used to jealously hoard days when I would have the house to myself, so that I could wear for a couple or a few consecutive days without interruption, so, when we planned trips away, I would often have a "work reason" to join my family a couple of days later, or would have to leave a couple of days early. These "excuses" weren't always entirely invalid, but, let's just say that I tended to lean into them, rather than trying to find a work-around. But, inevitably, my enjoyment of that time I carved out where I could just be myself was tainted by the knowledge that I was, first of all, sacrificing some time that I could have spent with my family, and second, my constant awareness that I had to eventually go back - that the diaper had to come off at some point. 

But now, having, with help from a lot of you, and with the understanding of an infinitely patient spouse, given myself the freedom to live as I want to live, the diaper doesn't have to come off - there will always be another diaper, and so, as soon as I can join them, I will - having time to myself isn't as precious as it used to be. Although, that said, since all of us have more or less been home since March, it is nice to have the place to myself for a couple of days. But that has less to do with diapers than it once did. 

Speaking of patient understanding, I hope my wife has some patience with my having bought another case of diapers; I picked up some Rearz Lil' Squirts Splash V2 to augment my Lil' Monsters for use as daytime diapers (though they also work for overnight wear). Right now I'm buying at a higher rate than I'm using, and as a result, I have close to 5 cases worth in inventory. I'll have to take a hiatus and maybe burn through a case or two. A typical case of ABDL diapers might hold 30 - 36 diapers, and right now I'm using 2 - 3 a day, so, I have about two months' range in the tank, just in those, plus my case of Prevails, which I think has 90 diapers in it, and then a couple of bags of random odds and ends. 

• Like 1

Well, it's another nice day for lounging around (well, lounging around while working) in a diaper and a t-shirt, although I'm torn, because it's really nice outside - warm, but not humid - and I know that days like this are going to be a thing of the past very shortly, as fall descends. However, I can't sit outside in just a diaper. Maybe I'll split the difference, throw some shorts on, and sit on the patio later this afternoon. 

Do any of you have yards sufficiently private that you can spend time outdoors in just a diaper? It's something I've wanted to do, but I don't have any venue for it currently. I used to sometimes wear a diaper around the cottage when I was a kid, but I didn't appreciate it back then; I was always worried that a neighbour might come walking down the driveway or make a close pass with a boat. 

Tonight I think I might go with a cloth diaper - it's been months since I've worn one. 

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Well, it's another nice day for lounging around (well, lounging around while working) in a diaper and a t-shirt, although I'm torn, because it's really nice outside - warm, but not humid - and I know that days like this are going to be a thing of the past very shortly, as fall descends. However, I can't sit outside in just a diaper. Maybe I'll split the difference, throw some shorts on, and sit on the patio later this afternoon. 

Do any of you have yards sufficiently private that you can spend time outdoors in just a diaper? It's something I've wanted to do, but I don't have any venue for it currently. I used to sometimes wear a diaper around the cottage when I was a kid, but I didn't appreciate it back then; I was always worried that a neighbour might come walking down the driveway or make a close pass with a boat. 

Tonight I think I might go with a cloth diaper - it's been months since I've worn one. 

Hi 

unfortunately like you I’m unable to walk around my yard in just a T-shirt and diaper as my fences are too low so neighbours would notice.

I’ve just started wearing a cloth diaper at night(not by my choice it was hubby’s idea)  not that I would admit it to him but he was right it feels great even though it does make me waddle a bit.

Enjoy you night in cloth diaper

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Rarely.  I’m not into exhibitionism but IF I have the house to myself AND it’s warmer weather (and “warmer weather” for us is really from September through until the end of May) I might just be wearing a t-shirt and a nappy & plastic pants (below the zoom camera line). 

There’s been the odd occasion where I’ve taken some washing out to the line or some rubbish to the wheelie bin and I’ve made the calculated risk of not bothering to further dress.  This is usually because it’s school-time and unless you’re bouncing on a trampoline, it’s quite hard to see into my back garden.  A heavy folded terry nappy/plastic pant combo can sag a bit when walking – especially if it’s wet.

Lounging about that casual has been uncommon lately since a daughter’s university classes and shop shifts have both become vanishingly rare.

5 hours ago, Newbee said:

I’ve just started wearing a cloth diaper at night(not by my choice it was hubby’s idea)  not that I would admit it to him but he was right it feels great even though it does make me waddle a bit.

Enjoy you night in cloth diaper

If (heaven forbid) I found myself to be single, I think I would wear cloth nappies every night.  For a start, as a side-sleeper, I will almost NEVER leak wearing cloth.  Yes, they are bulky but in bed, visual discretion is not a consideration. They are also low cost (in the long term) and ecologically sustainable.   I also find them to be almost decadently comfortable.  Sure, you can feel a little “wet” relative to disposables at first but it quickly dissipates and as long as you’re warm, even the initial wetness doesn't matter really.  it's kind of like a mini wet-suit.  It's my partner that doesn't like that she can sometimes smell warm pee in the morning (they have no odour control) and she doesn't like the laundry (even though I'm the one who does it).  She worries about neighbors spying on the clothesline.

7 hours ago, oznl said:

If (heaven forbid) I found myself to be single, I think I would wear cloth nappies every night.  For a start, as a side-sleeper, I will almost NEVER leak wearing cloth.  Yes, they are bulky but in bed, visual discretion is not a consideration. They are also low cost (in the long term) and ecologically sustainable.   I also find them to be almost decadently comfortable.  Sure, you can feel a little “wet” relative to disposables at first but it quickly dissipates and as long as you’re warm, even the initial wetness doesn't matter really.  it's kind of like a mini wet-suit.  It's my partner that doesn't like that she can sometimes smell warm pee in the morning (they have no odour control) and she doesn't like the laundry (even though I'm the one who does it).  She worries about neighbors spying on the clothesline.

I'm already there, apart from not being single of course.  Mummy's accepted I'm in cloth nappies full-time.  They are absolutely the pooch's naughty bits at night, as oznl says.  Smell's not really an issue here, as neither of us is 20/20 on that front anyway.  Obviously I keep everything washed regularly so there's no stale wee smell anywhere.  I do all the laundry anyway.  I don't hang washed nappies on the line, or at least I haven't done it yet, as we are overlooked, at a distance, from neighbours' gardens.  I might start doing so with the terry squares though, as I do often hang my onesies out ( the vanilla ones, not the toddler prints).  I dry my nappies in the tumble-dryer, often finishing the drying by hanging them on a clothes horse in the spare bedroom.

3 hours ago, Stroller said:

the pooch's naughty bits

Just wondering what everybody who isn't a Brit or (like myself), has lived there for a chunk of their lives makes of that phrase ?

Of course in Australia, we would talk about the canard's entrails...

1 hour ago, oznl said:

Just wondering what everybody who isn't a Brit or (like myself), has lived there for a chunk of their lives makes of that phrase ?

You're right of course.  I should provide a translation.  The usual phrase is of course 'the dog's bollocks', which translates as 'frightfully good' or 'jolly wizard'.

2 hours ago, oznl said:

As a Canadian, there's enough crossover here with British culture that I immediately understood what @Stroller was getting at. Most of the best comedy is British, and although we don't get a lot of Australian programming here, there have been the odd gems. Actually one place where we do get some Australian content is children's shows - Australian teen mermaid dramas absolutely took over my youngest's viewing preferences for a good stretch. 

As to the cloth diapers, I donned one last night shortly after dinner, and had it on until just now. As advertised, are very comfortable, highly capacious, and they do feel like you're wearing a wet towel, primarily because, well, you are wearing a wet towel, which I don't find objectionable. However, I was driven into the BetterDry I have on now by the smell of them - there was obviously a very efficient ammonia catalysing process going on in there, and I became concerned, both for my skin health, and, for my ability to recover my plastic pants. Long-time readers - maybe I shouldn't use the plural there - may recall that a pair of new plastic pants I picked up from Rearz became impregnated with an ammonia smell that I worked for weeks to remove, earlier this year, after an 18-hour stretch over a cloth diaper. 

I'm frankly amazed at the difference; I've been in a disposable for as long as 18 - 20 hours and it didn't have a notable smell, and not at all of ammonia. Whereas I could smell that cloth diaper a bit even before I went to bed. I think this sounds the death knell for my wearing them with any frequency when sharing a bed with my spouse - I'd be worried about upsetting the delicate balance I've achieved over the last year, if I chose to possibly generate a stench under the covers, a couple of nights a week. 

I guess I’m one of the lucky ones my hubby was the one that has insisted I wear cloth more frequently he is now saying we need to buy more so I can wear cloth every night. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

As to the cloth diapers, I donned one last night shortly after dinner, and had it on until just now. As advertised, are very comfortable, highly capacious, and they do feel like you're wearing a wet towel, primarily because, well, you are wearing a wet towel, which I don't find objectionable. However, I was driven into the BetterDry I have on now by the smell of them - there was obviously a very efficient ammonia catalysing process going on in there, and I became concerned, both for my skin health, and, for my ability to recover my plastic pants. Long-time readers - maybe I shouldn't use the plural there - may recall that a pair of new plastic pants I picked up from Rearz became impregnated with an ammonia smell that I worked for weeks to remove, earlier this year, after an 18-hour stretch over a cloth diaper. 

I'm frankly amazed at the difference; I've been in a disposable for as long as 18 - 20 hours and it didn't have a notable smell, and not at all of ammonia. Whereas I could smell that cloth diaper a bit even before I went to bed. I think this sounds the death knell for my wearing them with any frequency when sharing a bed with my spouse - I'd be worried about upsetting the delicate balance I've achieved over the last year, if I chose to possibly generate a stench under the covers, a couple of nights a week. 

I started trying to reverse-engineer how long you’d been in that cloth diaper but with time zones, it all got too hard.

My experience has been that a cloth diaper in good condition will smell faintly of warm pee the next morning under the covers.  I wouldn’t describe it as offensive but there isn’t that much doubt what it is.  This is muted a bit by well-fitting plastic pants (even further by compression pants if you can be bothered at night).

A cloth diaper that is smelling of ammonia 12 hours after it was put on has probably been on too long.  There are salts added to disposable diapers during manufacturing that chemically inhibit the ammonia reaction thing.

A cloth diaper that smells bad shortly after wetting has something wrong with it.  I’ve noticed that the very thick constructed diapers may not get washed properly and can be prone to building up a residue of detergent and maybe even less glamorous compounds that fast-tracks to stink when they get wet again.  This secret super-power seems to be able to lay in wait indefinitely.  You can store the nappy for months but it will still go straight to "ammonia" 20 minutes after seeing action.

In this scenario, a boil or a strip wash can bring them back to factory-pristine condition.  Although I haven’t had any problem yet, I’ve noticed the Rearz Omutsu are a bugger to get dry and I suspect I might have to amp up the washing regime at some point to keep them “nice”.

I suspect high temperature washing (that front-loader washing machines sometimes have) would help a LOT but because I have an old-school top-loader machine (where even "hot" means "tepid") and a partner who came to implacably hate top loaders (after living in the UK with them for some years), my options here seem limited.

@Stroller lives in cloth-world permanently and may have some hot tips (no pun intended)?  In North America, there are detergents available specifically designed to deal with this.  @BlakeJordan has recommended the "Rockin Green Funk Rock" product to me.  It has limited availability in Australia at prices that are as eye-watering as the nappies themselves though.

I’ve noticed that my terry squares seem less prone to this.  Presumably, they unfold to be quite thin and so get washed reasonably well.  To date Babykins pull-on cotton diapers have been the #1 offenders.

6 hours ago, Newbee said:

I guess I’m one of the lucky ones my hubby was the one that has insisted I wear cloth more frequently he is now saying we need to buy more so I can wear cloth every night. 

Indeed you are lucky.  I'm usually in cloth from Thursday morning through to Saturday morning only.  A kind of "end of week" holiday from leaks and expense.  Right now I'm keeping the yellow sheep on my Omutsu, well, yellow...

UPDATE: spurred by @BlakeJordan's advice and my apathy in acting on it I googled again and found some Funk Rock on sale here in Australia.  I've ordered a couple of packs.  I'll report back when I find a "stinker" and treat it...

5 hours ago, oznl said:

@Stroller lives in cloth-world permanently and may have some hot tips (no pun intended)?

Some of my tips imply lifestyle changes that would probably be too much for most people.  I'm not sure how important they all are, but I suspect they all make a significant difference.  So here goes:

1. Stop drinking coffee.
  2. Go vegetarian.
  3. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit & veg.
  4. Wash nappies at 60 degrees Centigrade in a long wash.
  5. Use enzyme-free washing powder if you are in any doubt about whether your skin reacts to the enzymes.
  6. Never leave nappies more than 48 hours without washing them.
  7. Wash your plastic pants daily - handwashing is fine.

The first three were easy for me, as I was already there before I went into nappies permanently.  I'm not expecting everyone to follow!  But, what you eat and drink affects what comes out at the other end.  The rest are just my usual routine and aren't too onerous (for me, that is).

I don't need to treat my nappies in any way to control smells other than washing them, and this has worked for me in the long term.

11 hours ago, oznl said:

I suspect high temperature washing (that front-loader washing machines sometimes have) would help a LOT but because I have an old-school top-loader machine (where even "hot" means "tepid") and a partner who came to implacably hate top loaders (after living in the UK with them for some years), my options here seem limited.

6 hours ago, Stroller said:
  • Stop drinking coffee.
  • Go vegetarian.
  • Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit & veg.
  • Wash nappies at 60 degrees Centigrade in a long wash.
  • Use enzyme-free washing powder if you are in any doubt about whether your skin reacts to the enzymes.
  • Never leave nappies more than 48 hours without washing them.
  • Wash your plastic pants daily - handwashing is fine.

I'll try the high-temperature wash option first, before abandoning caffeine and meat. My cloth diapers have never lingered very long between use and washing - I always pretty much take them off, rinse them in the shower, and then transport them straight to the machine. However, I haven't selected the "sanitize" cycle with its high temperatures, instead opting to wash the diapers with a load of other things that probably aren't best served by being boiled, and I've just selected an additional rinse. The diapers always come out smelling daisy fresh, but, there's no question that the ammonia reaction took very little time to kick off, so I suspect that you cloth diaper veterans are correct, maybe there is some residual something or other trapped in the fibers that accelerates the funk. My cloth diapers are all of the "pre-stitched" variety - I'm not sure if I'm suing the correct terminology, but basically the middle of them consists of several layers of cotton that are stitched together. I got them from Rearz. 

11 hours ago, oznl said:

I started trying to reverse-engineer how long you’d been in that cloth diaper but with time zones, it all got too hard.

So I put the diaper on at about 8 PM, and when I was getting ready to hit the hay at around midnight, there was already a faint ammonia smell emanating from inside my plastic pants, and in the morning, under the covers, it was so strong that I searched for evidence of a leak, but, true to their reputation, the diaper had not failed me, and the sheets were as dry as the surface of the moon. I went into my office for a meeting, and then had a break at around 10:30, which would have been about 14 hours after I first put it on, and I decided to take the opportunity to avail myself of a shower and a diaper change. I had thought that I might stay in the cloth diaper for a bit longer, because I never really wear them, but the ammonia scent was concerning enough that I decided to pull the plug.

I've just fetched that diaper from the dryer, and right now it smells like an Ocean Breeze as envisioned by a chemical engineer in New Jersey.  It feels bone dry. 

I do like the feel of cloth diapers, and I really enjoy that they require no nocturnal kinesthetic awareness, no rolling over, no repositioning. However, their bulk precludes them from being a daytime option for me, and the aforementioned sensory intrusion may limit them to use only when my spouse is out of the house. I'll have a go at running them all on sanitize in an extended 2 hour cycle and see what that gets me.  

It's FRONT loaders my partner implacably hates (the ones that generally have a sanitize mode).  I screwed up my own post.  I'm here posting at midnight because my warm and cuddly US multinational has also decided that time zones are "too hard" and to call a mandatory meeting at midnight...

I started wearing 24/7 again in 2012 and never went back to underwear. 

I wear a decent brand to avoid leaks and so I wouldn't have to bring any extras with me. I also know how many I go through a day so when I have traveled, I bring a couple packs with. I had to put some in my suitcase and in my bag when I flew and I used them all up over there and had to buy more at a Walgreens. I had to throw the rest away when I flew home and brought as much home as I could in my bag. I stayed at my aunt and uncle's house and though I tried to hide it, my aunt was always cleaning so she found my used diapers I had hidden in a plastic bag in the corner of the room i was sleeping in. I also will keep my used diapers in the trunk of my car and never throw them away at anyone's home and I throw away at home or in a public trash can I find. 

I don't often change in public restrooms and most of my messes happen at home. My body still knows when it's an appropriate time to mess and occasionally I have had a few messy accidents in public. I have been officially using my diapers for both for a year now and don't use toilets. 

I also find it uncomfortable to go without a diaper on because I have gotten so used to the padding around my bottom and it feels uncomfortable to hold it so I go whenever. 

I do enjoy having caffeine and wetting my thick diaper and feeling it get warm and hitting the dry spots in my diaper. 

I am currently using a Tykables subscription and I find Play Dayz are not that absorbent as Northshore Supremes or Cammies or Better Dry or Crinklz. 

When I went to Montana, my car trunk was so packed I had to leave some of my diapers behind and had my parents bring them back to me but I kept some spare ones in my bag for when I needed to change. I have other packs at home and I don't use them fast enough to keep up with my subscription. So I am not really worried about wasting any when I mess after I had changed or need to change twice in one day or three since I pay $150 for a case every other month. 

Only time I am not wearing a diaper is when I go swimming. But the rest of the time I am diapered and pretty much diaper trained my body won't pee well in toilets and I often pee without thinking about it because I will feel the urge to pee and then it's gone. That is because I just go and can't recall I have did it and then I feel dampness in my crotch sometimes or warmth. But this is what I have wanted, to be diaper dependent and not use any toilets and just go whenever I feel it. Same has happened with messes too and it's uncomfortable to hold so I have pooped while sitting or while waiting in my car or while doing something. 

Before then, I used to get constipated all the time and had to often take fiber and all and then it got easier and easier and I haven't had any problems with constipation after I started pooping in my diapers more and it got easier and easier. If I hadn't pooped in days, I will have an energy drink and I go. 

My diapers are always thrown in my pail in my room and taken outside when I empty it. I also find wearing them 24/7 is not really that expensive and a tub of rash cream lasts me a couple of months before I need to buy more and I buy a case of wipes which lasts me months. I open a window to air my room out or use a wax  air refreshoner and I keep my bedroom door closed so the smell won't waft in the house. 

If I am on a family trip to our family lake house, I use scented bags for diapers and I throw them away outside when I get the chance when no one is around to see them and I keep the bedroom door closed as well and I open a window to air out the room. I once faced a challenge there where I was given a bedroom there to sleep in and it lacks privacy because it's a sun porch and it has windows and no curtains so that meant I couldn't get dressed in there so I had to hide my used diaper and my clean one and the supplies under my stuff and change in the bathroom instead. I have to do this anyway even if I do have a bedroom and my kids decide to sleep with me. 

So far, me wearing 24/7 has been good and I have't faced any serious challenges because of my life style and lack of friends and I don't go through many a day. I go through at least 1 a day when I use good one than cheap ones or ones that only ones that don't hold much such as Supreme Lite or Play Dayz. I also limit my caffeine when I am out and about so I won't pee so much and so I won't have to make a BM. 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:44 PM, Nat said:

I go through at least 1 a day when I use good one than cheap ones or ones that only ones that don't hold much such as Supreme Lite or Play Dayz

You're the first person I've "met" who has used Play Dayz; I bought a case of them a couple of years ago, but, per your findings, I also found them to be pretty light-duty. They're better than a drug store diaper like a Tena, but their main use for me was as a larger diaper with a print that was pretty much silent under clothes. However I have since accepted the fact that even when I wear a plastic diaper under the right shorts or pants, nobody really hears it, so I'm less concerned about it than I used to be. 

Speaking of concerns, I have an MRI this weekend at a major hospital - nothing serious, just a follow-up - but, I have been through this several times before, and it involves touring a large public building while wearing a hospital gown; you get changed in one area, then walk over to a public waiting room, then go somewhere else and get an IV set up, then walk over to another public waiting room, then you go into a smaller waiting room, then get loaded into the machine, lay perfectly still for 25 minutes, then go get the IV taken out, then go for a half-mile walk back to where you left your clothes. I haven't done this in two years or so, and, it's been a bit more than 18 months since I went 24/7. So... to wear, or not to wear? I guess this is a test of my resolve. If I have a diaper on, I'll have to walk all over the hospital in just it, and a gown, which makes me nervous. Also, when you get loaded into the machine, you're almost guaranteed to give an "up-skirt" view to the technician (I am not very adept at wearing dresses). BUT, the prospect of going through the whole couple of hour rigmarole without a diaper on is equally distressing, particularly once you get confined to the machine - sometimes they've had to redo images and it ends up being 45 minutes or so in there. I suppose I could "cheat" and wear a diaper under some boxer shorts. I'd have to retrieve them from the ceiling in my garage. 

In other news, I had a strange diaper dream the other night - I was dreaming of some other scenario, which the diaper played no role in, and then all of a sudden, in the dream, I had to pee, so I really leaned into it, and pushed, which is not something I really do. However I then became concerned that I was "pointed" the wrong way - IE, straight up - which isn't the best positioning for an energetic wee. But then I felt in the dream that the diaper was absorbing it, so I stopped worrying. Later, I woke up lying on my belly, and, recalling the dream, immediately checked the status of my diaper, in case I had peed up the front of myself, but, mysteriously, the diaper was almost completely dry, and wasn't wet at all at the top of the front. This marks perhaps the first time that I have found myself in a diaper in a dream, where the diaper was secondary to the proceedings, and also, the first time, perhaps ever, when I've peed in a dream, and apparently did not pee in real life. 

One more thing to add, I'm copying this over from another thread... my wife once again mentioned my unmentionables this morning. She pushed back ever so gently; her mom is staying with us for a few days, and I had on a Rearz Lil' Splash in size large, which is a diaper of medium bulk, but it was pretty wet, as I'd had it on since about 8 the previous evening, and when I got up out of bed and went to pull shorts on over it, she eyeballed me and said "I'd probably change that." So, I swapped it for a dry Lil' Monster in size medium. I guess she figured her mom might have detected the bulk of it. If the lady requests a diaper change, the lady gets a diaper change. It seems like the least I can do in exchange for reasonable accommodation of my absurd underwear preferences. 

Because of my urge incontinence, I have worn a diaper 24/7 for many years. During that time, I’ve had many medical tests performed and have worn a diaper during all of them. That has included 3 MRIs. The hospital should provide you with a light-weight robe to wear over your gown when you a walking around from one place to another. Walking around while wearing a hospital gown and robe over a diaper is not a big deal. One thing that I remember wondering when I had my first MRI was whether my diaper would interfere with their getting the images that then needed to get. They told me that the diaper would not create a problem. Good luck on your MRI!

On 9/10/2020 at 6:19 PM, Little Sherri said:

You're the first person I've "met" who has used Play Dayz;

I've tried them too and Playdayz are poor. They are a proper ABDL nappy, i.e. they are good for role play and messing around in, but if you're actually incontinent or want to use them to their fullest, they will not last.